The 58th Annual Hunger Games: An Interactive fan fiction

Comments

• [Leave]

TWD_25 posted: »

Cain: District 5 DAY 3 Cheyenne has decided to trust me wholeheartedly after she accepted my alliance. I don’t have any misgivings fro

• Every part is my favourite! As LiquidChicagoTed said, you're one of the most talented writers on here and you prove it with every part.

Starting part three in about an hour. What's been your favorite part so far? Or opinions about writing? Be brutally honest about it, I promi

• It´s Awesome! Incredible

Starting part three in about an hour. What's been your favorite part so far? Or opinions about writing? Be brutally honest about it, I promi

• Your writing is honestly superb. It's got me on edge half of the time! D: I seriously enjoy all of the parts so far.

• Omg I love it and I love that you included that the Gamemakers are doing stuff omg i love it

• Thanks for the feedback guys! Sorry for the wait I got lazy and didn't write, starting the next part now.

• I AM HYPED OMG PLS DON´T DIE DURIAN

Thanks for the feedback guys! Sorry for the wait I got lazy and didn't write, starting the next part now.

• Sorry guys I've got some bad writers block right now. I don't know how I'm going to make this next part long enough.

• k.

Sorry guys I've got some bad writers block right now. I don't know how I'm going to make this next part long enough.

• take your time!

Sorry guys I've got some bad writers block right now. I don't know how I'm going to make this next part long enough.

• edited April 2015

I posted but I didn't finish a part, it'll be released in about five minutes.

• edited April 2015

I posted this twice, oops.

• [Tell John to go with them]

I posted this twice, oops.

• edited April 2015

Now I was already voting, reload my page and saw that you had deleted the part XD Guess I was too quick with my vote.

I posted but I didn't finish a part, it'll be released in about five minutes.

• edited April 2015

Celia: District 2

DAY 3

“Cheyenne!” A strangled voice comes from just up front. I unzip my parka, an array of knives I’ve gathered from the Cornucopia are at my finger tips. I draw the one with the hooked tip, I’ll show no mercy.

The arena is clouded in thick dust and debris that threatens to suffocate anybody if they’re here long enough. I lift up the thermal underneath my parka, grateful that it blocks most of the outside air. The others soon follow this idea.

Ash draws out his sword from his belt. “Follow me.” He says in a harsh, calculating tone. We charge through the woods, hunting for prey. Staying silent was no problem when you’re a career. You’re the predator, everyone else is the prey.

“Cheyenne!” The voice calls out yet again. Through the brown haze I see a silhouette, tall, lanky. I grab another blade inside my jacket and throw, the boy from five sees me just moments before and turns just enough to avoid a fatal hit in the neck. Instead, the knife lands into his arm. The debris barely makes it visible as he gets away.

My hopes are that he’ll bleed out. He has to. I never miss. Except in front of those pesky Gamemakers. If only my arm wasn’t shaking so much during the private training, I’d be sure to get a ten.

The air quality has gone from bad to worse. I sprint for anywhere to escape, anywhere where I can breathe. It takes ten, fifteen minutes, before we’re finally out of the dust. “Well this is just great!” Satina’s one free hand not gripping her mace gestures are so exaggerated it’s obvious she’s sarcastic.

“At least you got that boy from five.” Her voice eases. Ash nods in agreement. “We’ll get him next time. I know we will.” He leans in and whispers.

“How do you know that?” I ask merely out of curiosity.

“Because people like him don’t win. People like us do.”

I think about that, let it soak in my mind. Ash is right. The odds are high that Satina or Ash or I would win. But not all of us. No, only one survivor comes out of these Games.

“How are you holding up?” Satina is the next to walk up to me, It’s a surprise. Typically I feel like the one left out. The pair from four stick together and Satina and Ash keep to themselves. But I suppose one of the reasons we’re Careers is not only to help our odds, but for moral support.

“I’m fine.” I force my lips into a smile.

“You can tell me.” Satina places her hand on my shoulder and tries easing me. But it does exactly the opposite. I might be a career but I’m not dumb, one of us will eventually die, she’ll probably be sitting over my corpse, bludgeoning it repeatedly like she did with that girl from three. Or maybe it’ll be Ash decapitating me. Or, hopefully me, crowned as victor in a glorious finale that Panem can’t take theirr eyes off of. It’d be so inspiring and I’d be able to bring honor to district two, to my family.

“You can thank District Ten for that.” Says Ash, if she wasn’t a target before, she’s a target now. Likely a dead target we’ll see in the sky tonight. Ash continues muttering foul language under his breath that I can barely make out.
    Over the next several hours, we make it back to the meadow. It’s a flat expanse, from here, the Cornucopia is the size of a thumb. A lake stood behind us, the only one that could be found within minutes without desperately searching. Soon, all the dehydrated tributes would come in need of water. And we’d be here waiting.

In the meadow, are the supplies. Food, two sturdy tents that keep the frigid air out and the weapons, axes, knives, bows. Some we don’t even know how to use, like the axe, none of us have any use for it, but having all the weapons to ourselves mean the other tributes have none.

I grab a package of dried beef after a long day and eat it up. It’s dry and tasteless but over the course of an hour I eat at least a quarter of it, I’ll need to save it for when starvation begins to look like an actual threat.

Things are silent. Of course they are, in the Gamemakers attempt to create a brutal standoff between us and the other tributes, we failed. The most action we got was when I cut the boy from five. “Who do you think we’ll see in the sky tonight?” I strike up conversation.

“Girl from ten, boy from eleven.” Satina answers confidently as she sits herself down and eats a package of crackers.

“I hope not.” Ash takes a breath. “She needs to suffer for what she did to us.”

“She’s twelve, Ash.” Emily snarls. “Lay off a little, will you?.” There’s a certain edge to her voice that cut’s deep, something totally unlike her. For a moment, the three of us are whipping our heads side to side, wondering what the other one thinks. Just a couple more days, just a couple more and she’ll surely die.

“I think we should do a little night hunting.” Ash nudges Satina. “What do you think, Satina?”

“But you guys just got back.” John has a questionable look on his face. Clearly he doesn’t see what the rest of us see. We’re trying to get away from this bumbling idiot, sorry excuse for a career who goes by the name Emily.

“You’re right, John.” Satina says to my shock, she packs a backpack, loaded with food water, knives. “We just got back. We’ve hardly spent anytime with you today. In fact, we’ve hardly spent anytime with you since these Games begun.” Says Satina.

“What are you trying to say?” John raises an eyebrow.

“Come with us.” She says in a seductive purr. “Celia can watch Emily.”

Just when John says something, he stops. There’s a pause in his voice. “Well, I don’t know.”

“John, I can take care of myself.” Emily insists. Despite my unpleased attitude, a smirk arises on my face when she tells John.

“See John. You’re little friend’s okay with it, why aren’t you?” Ash steps in. “How could we trust you if you didn’t come with us?”

“I wouldn’t want to intrude on Celia’s position, that’s all.” He says.Liar. I think to myself. You just want to make sure I don't do anything to hurt your friend, do you?

[Let John go] [Offer to go]

• edited April 2015

Sorry! The actual thing is up now.

Now I was already voting, reload my page and saw that you had deleted the part XD Guess I was too quick with my vote.

• edited April 2015

Seeing how all the careers survived the mudslide, I am now increasingly worried for my favourites. Since I don't think Connor will be dead, chances are that Alara or Cheyenne got killed. Alternatives here would be Durian, Colton and Troy, or even Zelos and Sasha, which would be very sad too. I'm really not ready to see two of them dead yet...

On another note, I am quite glad that Cain survived for now, thanks to Celia's bad aim. Speaking of that nutjob Celia, I like her slightly misplaced arrogance more than the smug cruelty of Ash and Satina. She makes for an entertaining villain.

[Let John go]

I hope that Celia makes the stupid mistake of underestimating Emily. Maybe Emily even ends up killing her, which would be wonderful. Since two tributes I liked just died, it's time to even the scales again.

Celia: District 2 DAY 3 “Cheyenne!” A strangled voice comes from just up front. I unzip my parka, an array of knives I’ve gathered fro

• [let John go]

Great chapter!

Celia: District 2 DAY 3 “Cheyenne!” A strangled voice comes from just up front. I unzip my parka, an array of knives I’ve gathered fro

• Offer to go]

Awesome Chapter! And RIP Durian

• Better late than never!

• [Let John go] This is getting more intense by every part released!

• [Let John go] I have a feeling this is going to end up really bad for my Emily :c pls don't die Emily pls don't die

• [Let John go]

• edited April 2015

Hey guys! If you like Hunger Games fanfics (which if you don't, why are you here) then check out @BethGreene 's new fanfic! She's starting soon so join fast! Click here to go to his/her page.

Also I may start the last part of day 3 in an hour.

• Starting the last part of Day 3!

• [Let John go]

• Oh god. I don´t if i should feal happyvor terrified.

Starting the last part of Day 3!

• edited April 2015

Emily: District 4

The careers, they’re not people you want as friends. Eventually they’ll turn on each other. There first target will undoubtedly be me. The only one that could vouch for me would be John, but what's to stop him from growing tired of me as well?

The plan had failed. I was so sure my plan would lure at least one tribute in. Obviously John would be the one to kill while I rendered myself at least semi-useful without doing anything too special. But I’m back to being untalented, can’t tie a knot Emily.

Celia makes no attempt to hide her disliking towards me. She plays around with her knives, shining them on her shirt. Creating random targets and hitting them. Flinging them at an unsuspecting rabbit that get’s too close. But I’m unsettled when her next target is me.

Well, not me. She flings it, inches away from where my feet lie. But the message is clear. Fear me. I'm the predator, you're the prey.

“I’m not afraid of you.” I’m distraught, from the knife that came so close to piercing my foot and my voice doesn’t hide it.

“What was that?” Her eyes lock with mine. They’re filled with anger, hatred, disgust.

“People like you, who think you can push people like me around. Well I’m not afraid. I feel sorry for people like you.”

She steps forward before I can react and slaps me so hard I can see stars. I see it in her eyes. She wants to kill me and likewise, I want the same. But neither of us can without guaranteeing the other ones death.

I rub my fingers through my cheek. “Please stop!” I revert back to fake Emily.

“You’re pathetic.” She spits, walking off and into her tent. I found myself fantasizing about it late at night. The night I’d slit there throats in the middle of the night. Including John, I’ve realized he’s no better than the Careers, he is one. He killed three innocent people, just wanting to get away. And I’ll make them pay.

Soon.

Zelos: District 6

I stare into the destroyed mountainside. What once held life in that forest was now obliterated in mud and debris.

Nights had gotten brought on even colder air. I think about making a fire but I remember the flames set off by one tribute. It was seen from miles in all direction. That was in the early morning, this could be seen from anywhere in the dead of night. At the moment, Sasha sit’s beside me, unconscious, shivering.

I’m about to give her my jacket when a silver parachute floats down and lands in front of me. A gift from a sponsor. A midnight blue blanket folded and wrapped in silk. Oh Isly, thank you!

I drape the blanket over her body, immediately the shivering stops. Her short brown hair is hiding her face, I stroke back her hair and tuck it behind ears. “Sleep well, Sasha.”

Cain: District 5

The only thing my mind can think of is my hunger from walking all day. Not even the stab, that managed to cut to the bone can compare. In fact, I’m grateful. For the second time today I’ve cheated death. But could the same be said for Cheyenne? In a matter of minutes I’d know Cheyenne’s fate. And while I’m rooting for her to be alive, perhaps it’s better this way. Because who am I kidding, I could never kill her.

The Capitol seal is overhead, the night skies auroras tell me this year’s design was inspired by the north. The anthem plays out for a bit before revealing the faces. Young, dark skin, thick, curly hair, it wasn’t Cheyenne. It was the boy from eleven. The tension in my body relieves. The boy second face to appear is the boy from twelve. Blonde hair, blue eyes and a stern look on his face. Even though it’s only a headshot and a district number projected, it’s evident he was strong.

Conflicting emotions run through me. She’s still out there. And with the numbers dwindling her price to the Careers increase. The next morning I’ll start looking for Cheyenne before the Careers can start. I’ll sleep in a tree tonight. While I’ve never climbed a tree back in five I managed to hold my own in the climbing station. I think it’s from my long limbs that can reach so easily.

The plan is set. It’s not a great plan but it’s a plan, and I’ll work out the details in the morning. I do this until a force so great knocks me into the ground. All the air in my lungs escape me. Oh god, it’s the Careers! They’ve tracked me and now I’m toast? Judging by previous Games it won’t be pretty. Fear set’s in. My body squirms but it’s no use. Two bodies, there’s a girl on top of me and a boy pinning my shoulders just for safe measure. Everything happens so fast that I’m not sure where I went wrong.

Alara: District 7

“Stay still or I kill you!” I snarl at him. He’s got a small knife in his hand that I snatch, and while he’s taller then Troy and I, we could easily take him out with brute strength. I have the knife pointed at his face. “Where’d you come from!” I snarl.

He’s struggling to unseat me, Troy is there to help me hold him down as I figure what to do to him. There’s a petrified look in his brown eyes like some woodland animal about to be skinned for its fur in the markets back in seven.

“No, no!” By now he’s hysterical. “Please, I can kill the Careers!” He gasps. “I can! I can kill them if you just give me a chance.” My grasps immediately loosens. I regret it for a moment, but I remember I'm the one with the knife now, not him.

“You’re not getting this back.” I warn him as I tuck the small little number in my pocket.

“What did you mean you could kill the Careers?” Troy folds his arms in doubt. This has got to be a good little story.

“You hate the careers, I do too.” He’s still panting for air.

“It doesn’t take a genius to know that.” Troy is not amused. “Let him talk.” I persist.

“What if I tell you your chances of winning will tenfold if you keep me alive?”

“I’d say we weren’t born yesterday. What could you do to help us?”

A smile arises from his face. “I have a plan.”

END OF DAY 3

RIP

15th: Durian

14th: Colton

• Awesome chapter!

Emily: District 4 The careers, they’re not people you want as friends. Eventually they’ll turn on each other. There first target will und

• DURIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN U.U

RIP HIM AND COLTON.

Awesome Chapter anyways!

PS: And Harvest and Connor should go and ruin everyone´s plan. :P

Emily: District 4 The careers, they’re not people you want as friends. Eventually they’ll turn on each other. There first target will und

• Conflicting emotions run through me.

I'm feeling with you Cain, I'm feeling with you.

Damn it, Durian and Colton. I liked them, a lot actually, and their demise, especially the way of their demise is shocking. Damn the gamemakers, it's way too early into the games to give me feelings! Rest in piece, Durian and Colton ;_;

On the other hand this part was filled with awesomeness. Emily continues to be great and that last couple of sentences from her were absolutely marvellous! Zelos part was really sweet, I'm loving him and Sasha together. And finally, Cheyenne being alive and Cain teaming up with Troy and Alara... oh this is amazing. Time will tell if my trust in his plan is misplaced or not, but for now the possibilities are great!

• Great chapter! Good know I didn't get Sasha and Zelos killed, I'm starting to like them together. Not that I didn't before.

• edited April 2015

Question time! Who do you think is worse, the Careers or the Gamemakers?

Edit: I agree with all you guys, the Gamemakers are truly terrible. Not as bad as President Snow, but still terrible & Sorry @supersagig , for killing off your last character. It pained me to kill him as well. And I'm sorry to you to @janitor , I feel really bad for killing off your character as well.

• The Gamemakers by far. Sure, the careers are (with the exception of Emily) merciless killers with a repelling mindset, but one of the reasons they kill is to win the games and stay alive themselves. Of course, I think Ash, Celia and Satina also have a good time when bashing some poor tributes head in, but I don't think anyone of them would be a killer if it weren't for the games and the brainwashing they underwent. The gamemakers on the other hand are among the ones who force the tributes to kill, they are cruel, unfair and do all of this for their sick entertainment value. All they care for is seeing a bunch of teenagers brutally kill each other and if they don't kill, the gamemakers make sure that there will be spectacular deaths regardless. All in all, both of them are pretty bad, it's just that the careers have one reason I can understand (and plenty I despise them for), while the gamemakers are bastards without a single redeeming trait.

Question time! Who do you think is worse, the Careers or the Gamemakers? Edit: I agree with all you guys, the Gamemakers are truly terrib

• He is right you know

The Gamemakers by far. Sure, the careers are (with the exception of Emily) merciless killers with a repelling mindset, but one of the reason

• Gamemakers obviously! They're evil.

Question time! Who do you think is worse, the Careers or the Gamemakers? Edit: I agree with all you guys, the Gamemakers are truly terrib

• I love how you're shaping Emily :o she's literally me sometimes and I love it. Team Emily af

• Gamemakers, my argue bet us the same as Liquid's.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.