The 58th Annual Hunger Games: An Interactive fan fiction

Comments

• [Tend to your feet]

TWD_25 posted: »

Harvest: District 9 DAY 4 I may have just been saved. When I checked the Cornucopia last night, there was an orange backpack filled wi

• Starting part two!

• edited April 2015

Update: Sorry if you thought this was the next part, it'll come up shortly (300 words are done and I'm procastinating) what would your thoughts be if I drew out the character? Should I? It'll just be a simple headshot, like this here, and maybe something like this for the final few here. What are your thoughts?

Starting part two!

• Do it!!

Update: Sorry if you thought this was the next part, it'll come up shortly (300 words are done and I'm procastinating) what would your thoug

• [Tend to your feet]

Harvest: District 9 DAY 4 I may have just been saved. When I checked the Cornucopia last night, there was an orange backpack filled wi

• Yes

Update: Sorry if you thought this was the next part, it'll come up shortly (300 words are done and I'm procastinating) what would your thoug

• That sounds great!

• Sorry guys, I promise the next part will be out today and it will be longer than the last, this is at about 1,000 words so far.

• I understand. ITS okay

Sorry guys, I promise the next part will be out today and it will be longer than the last, this is at about 1,000 words so far.

• edited April 2015

Cheyenne: District 10

DAY: 4

My feet have blistered from all the walking. I struggle to find the will to move on.
    Plain and center a boulder lies. I passed this rock hours ago! Unlikely of me, I don’t turn red with anger. My emotions turn to the worse, and I’m on the verge of tears. It’s just a rock Cheyenne! Stop crying! I think to myself. This only angers me more. I slump to the ground, tired and upset.

Luckily, I think I manage to bottle it in before the worst of the tears hit. In search of food, I scale an oak tree. I latch on to the sturdiest looking branches. A tree native to Ten, and because of my lightness, I’m able to pull myself up until I’m twenty feet above. My stomach is growling. Desperate and hungry, I begin chewing on some of the leaves from nearby branches.

There weren’t many trees on the farm back home. District Ten is just what you’d expect from a farming district: nothing. Flat land, sparse trees cleared for the livestock. But the border was something different.

Back in Ten, the border is made of concrete and electric wire on the top for anyone who tried to scale it. My mother says we’re so poor that the fence hasn’t been remodeled for over three decades. Which leads to cracks in the concrete, which leads to holes, which leads to an escape route.

I shut my eyes and imagine I’m back home, hearing the soft chirps of mockingjays, a warm spring breeze blowing through my blonde tresses. The past two years I had been sneaking out through the cracks of the fence without telling a soul. Except Mildred, an innocent girl with amber eyes and missing front teeth, who followed me like a puppy. Ever since Dad died, food had become scarce. So the plan was to forage for food, together.

I’d like to imagine this as a happy moment, but in reality I was in constant fear each second; being out past the fences was forbidden. Mildred, who was eight at the time, was fearless. She didn’t know the consequences of leaving, though she would soon come to know them.

“Stay by me,” I had said in a hushed tone, despite being at least a mile out from the fences. We spent our time side by side, occasionally talking about this year’s Games, what would be in store for us, and what we’d do if we were somehow reaped. That’s all anyone ever talked about.

“I’d fight those Peacekeepers off and run away!” Mildred clenched her fists into balls and punched the air. “What would you do?”

“I don’t like thinking about it,” I said softly, attempting to stay focused on the food, “but I’d try my best not to cry.” Oh, how foolish yet right I was. Granted, this was before my mother took a turn for the worse. There was no way I would have chosen to go to the arena, especially when I knew my chances of winning were next to zero.
    “That’s no fun, Cheyenne!” Mildred groaned, her missing teeth make it harder for her to speak clearly. I had grown to understand her. “You’ve got to show the people they messed with the wrong person!”

Easier said than done. I nodded, but just to relieve her wandering mind.
    After thirty minutes we decided to head back just to avoid suspicion. We had gathered enough food to last one person for one day. I looked down, disappointed at the meager amount.

“Take it.” I handed the basket to her. A bright smile spread across her face; I could have felt pity for her if we weren’t in the same position. It’s not that I wasn’t hungry, I was. But Mildred was so young, with two other siblings and her father. There was more need for her family to take it even though I believed they were better off.
    She gave a quick thank you before sliding into the thin crack. I remembered wanting to say something to her. Anything. She’s about midway when a hand from the other side yanks her away.

Peacekeepers.

Her screams pierced my ears. Through the hole I could see her. Mildred violently twists around, but it’s no use. She’s too small.

“Cheyenne!” she cried.

I wanted to yell her name back, to tell her I would get help. But I didn’t move, I was frozen in fear.

I never heard another cry. They had dragged her out of view. I would never see her again. Miraculously, they had never caught a glimpse of me. Part of me wished I was taken with her. It would’ve been easier that way.

That was last year. Since then I’ve never left the borders. There was no funeral for Mildred. I never talked to her family; even when I saw them, I would go the other way. Some believe she was taken by the Capitol to become an Avox. Others believe she was killed.

A stones throw away is the girl from Nine, who has a neon orange back pack and some bandages for her feet.

Did she steal it? I’ve seen the girl around in the training center. She nearly busted her lip trying to shoot a bow. I don’t know how got out of the Cornucopia unscathed. Then again, how did I?

She seems to be safe, one of the biggest mistakes is to believe this to be true. I can see from here is that the Careers are closing in on her. The brutish boy from Two, the beautifully skilled killer from One, and the lean, muscular boy with a spear from Four. They had been following her. Like vultures, they circle her. She has nowhere to run. She’s dead already. I don’t dare to move from my branch. Any noise could give me away.

To save her would be suicide. The slightest twitch of her arm infuriates the boy with the sword. Quickly, he pulls out his sword and completely severs her arm. Her screams are bloodcurdling, reminding me of Mildred the night the Peacekeepers took her away. This seems to encourage the Careers. The boy with the sword, the girl with the mace and the boy with the spear each take turns killing her.

Her cannon fires, but my heartbeat is louder.

BAM!

I notice I’m trembling. I’m clutching onto the tree as if it were a lifeline.

“Twelve down, twelve to go!” one of them says, followed by the hoots of others. I’m left shaken by the ordeal. My eyes glance down at her emaciated body. I’m immediately repulsed. Her backpack is strapped on by one shoulder, unzipped. I almost fall from the tree when I see the knife. My knife! It had to be, the one I nearly died for in the Cornucopia, the one I killed for. I’d feel guilty had I kill anyone aside from a Career.

My mind starts racing as fast as my heart. I just need to stay calm. In a matter of seconds, that backpack will be lost forever by the hovercraft ready to ship her back to District Nine in a wooden crate. I need it if I have even the smallest of chances to get home. I watch the Careers leave, slowly disappearing from view. If I go down I won’t be visible to them, and they won’t be visible to me. But I’m still well within earshot, I’ll have to be fast, and above all, silent. They could come back.

I look down at the small orange backpack, twenty feet below me. Now or never.

[Take her weapons] [Stay in the tree]

How did y’all like this chapter? I got a friend to help me with all my typical grammatical errors.

• [Take her weapons] A 12 year old won´t probably win anwyays so RISK IT CHEYENNE TAKE HER WEAPONS.

Awesome Chapter!

Cheyenne: District 10 DAY: 4 My feet have blistered from all the walking. I struggle to find the will to move on. Plain and center a

• edited April 2015

[Take her weapons]

You know what? Screw it. I know Cheyenne will eventually die like super said, let her go out in a blaze of glory. Also you should team up more with your friend, this one was really well written.

Cheyenne: District 10 DAY: 4 My feet have blistered from all the walking. I struggle to find the will to move on. Plain and center a

• Created a straw poll: Which Career do you hate the most?

• [take her weapons] Usefulness 'n stuff.

Great chapter!

• edited April 2015

[Take her weapons]

So... I was very unsure about this. Cheyenne is awesome and I don't want to get her killed. But super and Jane have good points, so I'll hop on the bandwagon. Hopefully she'll manage to get that knife without getting noticed, the careers seem to be super nasty today. Poor Harvest though... I mean, getting killed is arguably bad enough, but there are certainly less painful deaths...

The boy with the sword, the girl with the mace and the boy with the spear each take turns killing her.

That sounds as if the careers tortured her to death or hacked her to pieces. Fucking rats... I hope they will die screaming for that.

How did y’all like this chapter? I got a friend to help me with all my typical grammatical errors.

I liked it a lot. I liked the glimpse of Cheyenne's past, it was nicely done.

• [Take her weapons]

Awesome chapter!

• Awesome news guys! @supersagig just said it but @AAA_Jane is making the very first hunger games fan fiction! Click here to check it out. It'll be loads of fun so why not submit a character?

Also the drawing is nearly complete.

• [Take her weapons] You need a weapon to survive so.. It's worth it tbh

• [Take her weapons] IFC CHEYENNE DIES I DIE

• edited April 2015

Hey guys I'm back! I finished the first drawing and it's a headshot of Harvest since she just died. I'm going to do all 24 tributes so threat not anyone with a dead character. It took a little longer because I kept screwing up even though this looks like somebody rushed through it in fifteen minutes. I also tried coloring earlier characters and the results look like a third graders drawing.

Click here to see Harvest because I don't know how to upload images correctly.

I'll give some descriptions on Harvest looks I wrote to draw:

Sharp angular face

Pale skin

Bony

Red, curly hair

Blue eyes

Cause of death: Brutally murdered by Satina, Ash and John. Right hand severed off by Ash.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Harvest was only 15 years old when she was murdered by the Careers. She was the oldest of three siblings, all brothers and had a mother and father back home. She placed thirteenth overall and died on day 4.

FUN FACT: Since TeamSarah didn't give a description of Harvest I based her looks off of @supersagig's character Omri Grayny.

What are your thoughts? Does Harvest look like you expected? Should I continue? Sorry that it's only a headshot, if I draw anything besides a face it looks like a potato.

• CONTINÚE ITS PERFECT

Hey guys I'm back! I finished the first drawing and it's a headshot of Harvest since she just died. I'm going to do all 24 tributes so threa

• I like it, you should do more and it looks like what I expected Harvest to be like.

Hey guys I'm back! I finished the first drawing and it's a headshot of Harvest since she just died. I'm going to do all 24 tributes so threa

• Great drawing! Its really cool!

• Poor Harvest :(

The drawing is great though, amazing work!

• That's amazing! Poor Harvest though :(

• Starting the next part! Glad y'all like the drawings. :)

• YAY

Starting the next part! Glad y'all like the drawings.

• I just saw this and ITS COOL AF

• edited April 2015

Guys I can't write today, my friend's been in a car crash and they're in the ER right now. Someone T-boned there car, somehow they're okay and up and walking with no serious injuries, but it could've been way worse. I won't be posting today.

• Oh my god.I hope he lives.

Guys I can't write today, my friend's been in a car crash and they're in the ER right now. Someone T-boned there car, somehow they're okay and up and walking with no serious injuries, but it could've been way worse. I won't be posting today.

• I'm really sorry to hear that.... I'm really bad at these things. But, I'm always here if you need me.

• Next part might be up tonight. Or at least I'll try I have a lot of homework tonight. Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot. And yes super, she is okay, it was scary at first but it was no life or death matter. Just a couple of stitches.

• good to hear that your friend is alright oh my god.

Next part might be up tonight. Or at least I'll try I have a lot of homework tonight. Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot. And yes super, she is okay, it was scary at first but it was no life or death matter. Just a couple of stitches.

• I made a new gravatar. Starting next part!

• :D

I made a new gravatar. Starting next part!

• YAY

I made a new gravatar. Starting next part!

• edited May 2015

Sorry guys! I didn't finish the next part, but I did finish the next tribute drawing. And it's the female tribute from district eight, Penny! Click here to see what Penny looks like

So I'm going to describe Penny like I did with Harvest, but Penny was mentioned very little in general, so this is solely based off @Arcticone character submission on page 3.

Blonde hair in finger wave style

Brown eyes

Biography:Penny was Seventeen years old when she was reaped. Her mother who was a great seamstress made Penny's reaping dress for her. It was just her and her mom and they struggled to make ends meet but with Penny taking shifts at the textile factory after school, managed to make it. She placed 21st out of 24 and died in the bloodbath by a throwing knife in the eye from District two female tribute, Celia.

• She's cute xD

Sorry guys! I didn't finish the next part, but I did finish the next tribute drawing. And it's the female tribute from district eight, Penny

• Great drawing, I like it a lot!

Sorry guys! I didn't finish the next part, but I did finish the next tribute drawing. And it's the female tribute from district eight, Penny

Sign in to comment in this discussion.