The 58th Annual Hunger Games: An Interactive fan fiction

Comments

• Now i feel sorry about her dying u.u

TWD_25 posted: »

Sorry guys! I didn't finish the next part, but I did finish the next tribute drawing. And it's the female tribute from district eight, Penny

• I miss this fanfic :( I need more Emily.

• It's coming up today, I'm actually working on it now. I've just been busy lately and will be until June. After June it'll probably go back to a chapter or two a day.

TWD_stan posted: »

I miss this fanfic I need more Emily.

• YAY!!

It's coming up today, I'm actually working on it now. I've just been busy lately and will be until June. After June it'll probably go back to a chapter or two a day.

• Next part will be released in five minutes! I don't know why I just announced that instead of opting the actual part in five minutes but I did!

• :D

Next part will be released in five minutes! I don't know why I just announced that instead of opting the actual part in five minutes but I did!

• edited May 2015

Ash: District Two

Day 4

I take a long hard breath. Breathe in, breathe out. I had done it again. The warm spray blotted my hands. Are they watching? They have to be.

Satina and John are hunched over her beaten body. Her arm is severed, her face beaten in by Satina’s mace and multiple holes in her abdomen ooze out blood from John’s spear.

“We should take her bag. The supplies are still in good shape.” John says, looking down upon her.

“Leave it.” Satina’s voice is as cold as ice. “Let’s lighten the load.”

“But that’s Emily’s knife.” John says, slightly reluctant to speak.

“It was that runt from ten’s knife, then my knife, then her knife,” I speak up. I’ll admit, I’ve been a little tough on John and Emily, he’s done nothing wrong but he could be better. And Emily is the one who came up with a decoy bag to set up tributes. “So no John, it’s not her knife.”

“Aw, your little girlfriend needs it?” Satina asks. Pulling me aside, she adds, “Without her knife she’ll be easier to kill.”

“She’s not…” For a moment, John considers arguing with Satina, but he soon changes his mind when she gives him that unforgiving glare of hers. “I guess we leave now.” John slumps his head down. Slightly defeated. Satina and I turn to each other, when the time calls for it, we’ll turn on the four’s without hesitation. While John may be great with a spear, his poor attitude weakens the alliance. When will he realize that Emily is not saveable, these are the Games and all but one of us are bound to die.

I’ll be less then excited if that victor is not Celia, Satina or I. I’ve put in too much of my life in these Games that losing is not an option. Satina had too, because you just don’t score an eleven without training. I remember my first day at the training center. The nostalgia hits me like a bullet. It’s ten years ago, the early days of my path of becoming a Career.

“This is how you grip the sword.” My father informed me. He had always taken the Games so seriously, analyzing them and gathering information on each victor’s tactics. He would have volunteered himself, but he met someone he loved more than the Games. My mom.

“I can’t! It’s late, I want to go home!”

“Nonsense!” Father says gruffly. “Putting in hours like this is how you become a victor.”

“But, Father, I don’t want to be a victor! I-“ Before I can finish my next sentence, he grabs me by my two shoulders and shaken so violently that it takes a second for the world to stop spinning. When my eyes focus again, my dad is staring down at me, his eyes furious. I feel so small and so weak under his gaze. I am not worthy enough to hold a sword.

“Listen to me.” His voice is now in a low growl next to my ear. “You are going to volunteer. You are going to be a victor. You will not be a failure. Do you understand?”

I nod silently, trying to keep it all in until I can run back home and cry all night. There was nothing I could do but agree with him. If only I had seen how right he had been, maybe our relationship wouldn’t take a turn for the worse.

It’s why I care for Satina and Celia so much. They know what it’s like to put hours into something you love. To try to be the best, so people will finally recognize you, and that’s something the other districts, especially the poorer districts, ten, eleven and twelve don’t understand. Bringing honor to my district is the greatest thing I can do.

Less then a minute later, above the foliage, the hovercraft comes and I see the red glint of hair from the girl from nine’s emaciated body. I can’t help but think what a relief it is that I’m now one step closet to becoming a victor when I notice the backpack is no longer strapped to her shoulders.

Satina’s the first to point it out. I can’t help but curse every volatile word I know. I sprint off to a mad dash and the others follow quick behind. “Someone took the pack!”

In seconds we’re there, but nobody else is. Now I know the backpack had not just fallen, otherwise it’d be on the ground by now.

“We know you’re out here!” I scream into the seemingly empty forest. They could be anywhere right now, this arena is a hider’s dream. Forest covers 90% of the arena, as well as mountains and I bet there’s even some caves. “Split up. When you find them, you kill them! Understand?” I command, each giving silent nods before running our separate ways.

The run is a quick one, before I stop. I must listen. I shut down all the voices in my head. The song of a mockingjay, the gentle whistle of the wind that blows through the trees. Footsteps. The soft steps of a pair of feet on leaves alerts me. I move like an assassin, silent and poised for it’s next kill. My sword ready to take down anyone I must. Just behind this tree, Ash. No mercy!

My sword swoops down against the bark. It’s a child’s scream, a young girl’s scream, there’s no one in the arena capable of making that noise except for the girl from ten. And now she’s run off. I struggle to have my sword released from the grip of the tree that cost me valuable time. When I manage to break free the grip, I sprint, and in a matter of seconds I make up for what a minute’s run did for her. She’s unknowingly running into a set death trap with the two others ahead of her and me pursuing behind her.

But she’s a tricky little girl, using the trees and mountainside to her advantage, twisting at sharp angles and running up steep mountainsides sends my much bigger, heavier self out of breath faster then she. We continue this for minutes, but I’m not frusturated, not while I have the advantage. The chase is always the fun part.

Her feet brake to a stop. Is she that tired or stupid? I pick up the pace into a full sprint. It’s a cliff! I wonder why she hasn’t tried to go left or right, about two hundred yards out, Satina has her mace, and John has his spear ready in throwing position. “End of the line ten!” I can feel my lips form a smile as I prepare my sword to cut her in two. Her eyes glance back and forth, before she tosses her backpack over and jumps.

My heels click to a stop, to say that I had made it in the nick of time was an understatement. The tip of my feet are at the edge of a cliff. Not too high, but frightening, and deadly if you fall just the wrong way. I look below, the backpack must’ve softened her blow because she manages to get herself up.

“You got lucky ten!” I shout out. She let's a smirk.

“Don’t think that just because you’re a runt that we won’t kill you.” Satina yells. The little girl's head peaks out from a nearby tree. Just for safe measure because John still has a spear locked in his hands, ready for the moment she’s weak to strike.

“Satina take my sword. I’m going down.”

“Here, take this, Ash.” Satina unzips her jacket and hands me a hand knife. I polish the knife with the edge of my shirt. Purposefully avoiding the girl from ten with my gaze. I zip the knife up safely in my pant pocket and begin to climb down the cliff.

“Get her Ash!” Satina yells as I begin climbing down. Immediately, my leg becomes undone on it’s grip as rock begins to fall from beneath me. I’m dangling by just my hands before John gives me his hand and I’m hoisted back up. I look down at my hands, cut up and injured from the sharp rocks.

“Let me try!” Satina says, getting more frustrated by the minute. She sets her mace down and begins to climb. “Toss me the mace when I’m down.” She barks. Throughout this time the girl doesn’t move more than a few hundred yards, and a casual smirk appears on her face when Satina nearly falls on her back twenty feet. The sudden realization comes to mind.

“What if I jump?” I ask as John and I lift Satina up.

“Don’t be crazy, you could die!” John says, panting from lifting both Satina and I up. The girl begins to run off now, she’s still the target. Her, the pair from seven, especially the seven’s. Which makes this even more bothersome. I will not let some girl from district ten get away! She doesn't deserve it!

One more kill for today, Ash.

[Jump down and risk injuring yourself] [Walk away]

Sorry if this is bad. I didn't really proof-read it.

• edited May 2015

[Jump down and risk injuring yourself]

Because this smug ashhole might break his bastard neck, that's why! Gosh, not even his PoV's give me any sympathy for that fucker, they only make me despise him more! I hope his overconfidence will be his undoing. And even if he survives, there are good chances that he will seriously hurt himself, enough for Cheyenne to finish him. I mean, that cliff is over twenty feet high. No way he will make it.

Ash: District Two Day 4 I take a long hard breath. Breathe in, breathe out. I had done it again. The warm spray blotted my hands. Are

• edited May 2015

[Walk away]

NOOOOO, he may be cocky but he still got a ten. He probably knows how to bend at the knees. I'm not going to say I like Ash, but at least he has a backstory. Your writing is amazing and always will be, I don't know how you do it. It inspires me to be a better person and I hope Cheyenne wins.

Ash: District Two Day 4 I take a long hard breath. Breathe in, breathe out. I had done it again. The warm spray blotted my hands. Are

• edited May 2015

What were your thoughts on this chapter? I should start posting these chapters earlier, it seems like everyones asleep when I post.

• edited May 2015

Cheyenne jumped and she made it. Why do you believe he wouldn't make it?

[Jump down and risk injuring yourself] Because this smug ashhole might break his bastard neck, that's why! Gosh, not even his PoV's give

• That's a good point, but I think the difference is their general mindset. While Ash is not dumb, he is obviously extremely bloodthirsty and I hope that this is enough to make him underestimate the fall. I guess Cheyenne, who is pretty cunning after all, would never underestimate a fall like that, but Ash is smug and cocky and might ignore some important safety measures in his current state of mind.

Cheyenne jumped and she made it. Why do you believe he wouldn't make it?

• edited May 2015

As always, I loved it. I obviously have no sympathy for the ashhole or the other careers, because no amount of brainwashing forces them to become rude, cruel and catty assholes, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy their PoV's. And well, at least Ash has some sort of motivation beyond bloody murder, as twisted as it might be. It was very well-written as usual and it was very intense. Since Cheyenne is one of my favourites and Ash is one of my least favourites the choice was also very hard.

What were your thoughts on this chapter? I should start posting these chapters earlier, it seems like everyones asleep when I post.

• [Jump down and risk injuring yourself]

Not too high, but frightening, and deadly if you fall just the wrong way.

Do A Front flip! Asswipe. I hope you land on your face and sever your neck.

Great chapter!

• I loved the chapter! I hate the careers. I'm exited yet frightened to see how the games proceed.

• [Jump down and risk hurting yourself]

• Awesome chapter.

• edited May 2015

I love it! Cheyenne putting them nasty careers in there place. :D

• [Jump down and risk hurting yourself] Please get injured. Please.

• I loved it. It was so intense oh my god.

• [Walk away] I have a feeling he won't injure himself so yeah.

AND WTF BITCH SATINA NEEDS TO GTFO I CANT WAIT FOR EMILY TO SPEAR THE SHIT OUT OF ALL OF THEM FUCK THEM FUCK WHY IS SHE SUCH A BULLY DIE DIE DIE

• [Jump down and risk injuring yourself]

• [Jump down and risk injuring yourself

DIE ASH DIE

AWESOME CJAPTER

• I'm going to try to post again tonight. Get ready for the last part of day four!

• R.I.P THIS FANFIC

• edited May 2015

Alt text

I am 100% sure that TWD_25 is just very busy and that this story will return soon :)

R.I.P THIS FANFIC

• Hey guys! I just made a fanfic but it's not going to be your typical Hunger Games fanfiction. In my story, the last tribute who wins gets an actual prize and all choices will have direct effect to your character and story. The prizes consist of a £100 ASOS Gift Card and a £100 Urban outfitters gift card. If you don't like those prizes you can sell them on Amazon or something :p (well it depends if you win or not :3) + I'm not doing the Reapings and all that. I'm going straight into the Games. https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/95243/the-hunger-games-the-real-competition?new=1

• What happened? :(

• edited July 2015

Throw back :c

• Heavy throwback :O

I'm still convinced it will return some day unless confirmed otherwise. TWD_25's other story will return this month after an even longer hiatus (which makes me super excited btw, since it is my favourite story ever), so there is still hope for this too, I'm sure of that :)

Throw back :c

• Will this ever come back?

• idk

Will this ever come back?

• Patience my child, I have awoken from my deep slumber and am more determined to finish this now more than ever.

zachiscool3 posted: »

idk

• OMG YESS AAAAAH YOU'RE BACK THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IVE EVER RECIEVED THIS WEEK APART FROM TWD S3

Patience my child, I have awoken from my deep slumber and am more determined to finish this now more than ever.

• edited June 2016

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod :D The moment I saw activity in this thread, I literally gasped with excitement. There were many things I expected, but this was not among them and as it turns out, this was just the happy news I needed today. I don't think I am eloquent enough to fully express just how happy I am right now, so let's keep it at 'very happy'. Let me just say real quick, I am overjoyed that you found your way back to us and that you wish to continue the best Hunger Games fanfiction I have ever read. My friend, you have been dearly missed :')

Patience my child, I have awoken from my deep slumber and am more determined to finish this now more than ever.

• pls don't ditch us @TWD_25 this is the best news so far. also, could you guys tag the others who were in this fanfic? So they can see it in their notifications? :D

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod The moment I saw activity in this thread, I literally gasped with excitement. There were many things I expected, but

• edited June 2016

I guess that would be one way of spreading the word and I'd be willing to do it. It even seems that most of the regular readers are still active in the forums, which is pretty amazing, so once the story is back, I have no doubt that a majority of the audience will continue to read it. After all, this has been the best. Though, perhaps we should wait for TWD_25 to announce any concrete plans before we call in the others. TWD_25, do you already roughly know when this story will be back? Don't rush it, I'm just glad that you're back in general. And oh, I am obviously very excited for the continuation of my favourite Hunger Games fanfiction :D The forums are definitely a more colourful place now that this story is back.

pls don't ditch us @TWD_25 this is the best news so far. also, could you guys tag the others who were in this fanfic? So they can see it in their notifications?

• edited June 2016

Hello, I'm not leaving. I wrote roughly half of it last night and I'll try to get the next part up tonight. I left the forums for so long because I started becoming too critical with my writing, I hated it to the point where I began to start hating writing. I'm still a little wary that it may come back but I feel like I owe you guys at least a proper ending.

Also, if I do not get it out by tonight I won't have my keyboard over the weekend. So even if I do get the next part out tonight don't expect anything else until Monday, I'm sorry.

It looks like I won't be posting until Monday, sorry.

I guess that would be one way of spreading the word and I'd be willing to do it. It even seems that most of the regular readers are still ac

• Yushh! I knew it! Oh, ye of little faith. I knew you'd come back. I certainly just can't wait for this to pick back up!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.