Telltale hints at new licensed series - to be revealed next month

Comments

• edited January 2011
    ^ No no, that was just a joke. Obviously it's not a TV series that had it's own Comic Book. Just wanted to see if anyone knows that game around here. Which is off-topic ...

Anyway, why are you guys anticipating this much? I mean can't you just wait till Feb17th and see what was TellTale's surprise?
    What's the point of discussing it? Fun? well, OK, That's a fairly good reason ... sorry ...
  • edited January 2011
    Milkman08 wrote: »
    Anyway, why are you guys anticipating this much? I mean can't you just wait till Feb17th and see what was TellTale's surprise?

We're anticipating because we all want to see some series show up. 22 days away from possibly hearing about Sam and Max 4 is enough to make me giddy!
  • edited January 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    We're anticipating because we all want to see some series show up. 22 days away from possibly hearing about Sam and Max 4 is enough to make me giddy!

Or Puzzle Agent! Or SBCG4AP 2! Or the next Monkey Island!
  • edited January 2011
    I want to go ahead and voice my support for a Penny Arcade adventure game. They have a Tycho model and voice already and the Hothead games just got a bundle and mac support on Steam. Something in the 'Precipice' setting would be cool but would be weird to pick up the story on the unsuccessful Hothead games and starting the story over would seem ...rude.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe Telltale is reviving the old Super Solvers series of edutainment games! That would be awesome!
  • edited January 2011
    You guys are going very obscure.
  • edited January 2011
    I still hope for a new batch of Wallace & Gromit adventures, but I guess the chances for this are rather slim.
  • edited January 2011
    You guys are going very obscure.

So, more mainstream licenses then...interesting.

I'm thinking more Universal. And obviously MI.
  • edited January 2011
    GIVE ME PUZZLE AGENT 2 OR GIVE ME DEATH

And if the lincensed game is what I think it is, i'm done with telltale. (Don't ask me what I think)
  • edited January 2011

*BLAM*

Okay, I gave you death.
  • edited January 2011
    And if the lincensed game is what I think it is, i'm done with telltale. (Don't ask me what I think)
    Why?
  • edited January 2011
    So, more mainstream licenses then...interesting.

I'm thinking more Universal. And obviously MI.

Lol all I said was that you guys were mentioning obscure stuff, not that our announcements are mainstream or not.
  • edited January 2011
    Ah, so it IS Futurama! I knew it! :p
  • edited January 2011
    Futurama confirmed by Alan Johnson and this link everybody!
  • edited January 2011

Please tell.
  • edited January 2011
    I got it chuck norris the video game.

hmm hmm.
  • edited January 2011
    My wishlist:

-Sam and Max Season 4: Sure, it's early, but Season 2 pretty much started as soon as Season 1 ended, and two years of Sam and Max, then two years of no Sam and Max, rinse and repeat, would be a nice pattern.

-Monkey Island 6: DON'T LEAVE US HANGING ANOTHER 10 YEARS. That cliffhanger ending NEEDS to be resolved.

-Red Dwarf: Pleeeeeeaaaaaaase?

-Conker's Bad Fur Day 2: Since Rare are now Microsoft's Kinect slaves, they should license Conker to Telltale. Sure, it wouldn't be a platformer like the original, but the adult humour and twisted children's cartoon style of Conker could be captured perfectly by Telltale.

-Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle: Monkey Island and Sam and Max are back, we just need the "third pillar". Let's see a bunch of 2011 teenagers enter the Edison Mansion, maybe the children of the original protagonists.
  • edited January 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    -Conker's Bad Fur Day 2: Since Rare are now Microsoft's Kinect slaves, they should license Conker to Telltale. Sure, it wouldn't be a platformer like the original, but the adult humour and twisted children's cartoon style of Conker could be captured perfectly by Telltale.

To be honest, this is a fantastic idea. Conker is basically an adventure game that uses platforming to get around, and it's a fantastic one at that. I wish Telltale would look to Rareware's N64 days more as inspiration on how to do puzzles in 3D environments right.
  • edited January 2011
    Dick Tracy: The point and click mystery? Although we got 4 days before we know what it really is.
  • edited January 2011
    CaptPicard wrote: »
    I hope for (in no particular order):

1. Star Trek
    2. Futurama
    3. ToMI Season 2

Another Strong Bad season would also be good.

A Futurama telltale game would make all my dreams come true EVER.
  • edited January 2011
    Leplaya wrote: »
    Dick Tracy: The point and click mystery? Although we got 4 days before we know what it really is.

Lol, I think you mean about 21. Our press event is on the 17th.
  • edited January 2011
    So i was a few numbers off, sue me.
  • edited January 2011
    Leplaya wrote: »
    So i was a few numbers off, sue me.

He very well may!
  • edited January 2011
    heres to hopefully any of the following:

Sam & Max Season 4 (Cus I got the comics, first 3 seasons, and Hit The Road, AND I WANT MORE!!!!)

Strong Bad Season 2 (Everyone else wants it and it would make TTG MILLIONS!!!!)

Tales of Monkey Island 2 (I might get into the franchise)

Total Drama: The Video Game (That's right, I SAID IT!!!!)

or a Futurama game (Everyone else wants it)
  • edited January 2011
    Trogdorman wrote: »

Sweet Jesus roasting on a stick, no.
  • edited January 2011
    Twilight the game
  • edited January 2011
    Jersey Shore: The Game
  • edited January 2011
    Flavor Flav Vs. Carrot Top: The Game
    ZDmTZ.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    jersey shore: The game

...ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-
  • edited January 2011
    Louie Spence:The Game
  • edited January 2011
    Trogdorman wrote: »
    heres to hopefully any of the following:

Sam & Max Season 4 (Cus I got the comics, first 3 seasons, and Hit The Road, AND I WANT MORE!!!!)
    Get the tv show if you want more, its not as good as the comics/games, but still pretty good

Strong Bad Season 2 (Everyone else wants it and it would make TTG MILLIONS!!!!)
    Not millions, but I would love it.

Tales of Monkey Island 2 (I might get into the franchise)
    Get into the franchise, and I would love this

NO

or a Futurama game (Everyone else wants it)
    ehhh

My commentary in bold.
  • edited January 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Louie Spence:The Game
    NO.
  • edited January 2011
    A new Nick Bounty game? ...
  • edited January 2011
    I'd support a Total Drama game by Telltale.
  • edited January 2011
    Justin Bieber VS Twilight: The Game :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Funny that you mention The Lord of the Rings. It's my go to movie when I want to give an example of 'they should've followed the book godammit!'. My main peeve is the fall of Saruman.

But I get what you're saying. And agree. Just.. not on the LOTR part. :p

I didn't like the fall of Saruman either, but I wouldn't write off the whole series. The Lord of the Rings movies can be cited as examples of some of the best visual/filmic adaptations and also the worst. I thought that the first film, especially the extended edition, did a fantastic job of "feeling" like Lord of the Rings, even if the story deviated and if scenes and beats were played differently to better suit the medium they were being presented in. Moria felt just like Moria to me -- the same things happened in my brain that happened when I read the book -- even though it was massively shortened and reordered in its presentation. For all the things that feel right, though, there are places where they either went too far or not far enough. Saruman's death was a change that came out of nowhere, seemed like reinvention for reinvention's sake. On the other side of the coin, Frodo and Sam in Mordor was underwhelming as hell to me, mostly because it devolved to scene after scene of characters plodding over empty wasteland (which I think is one of the biggest negative comments detractors have about the books on the whole). That was a point where I wished they'd had more time in the screenplay and editing stages to cut to the heart of what makes those chapters of the book interesting, instead of focusing on superficial capturing of vignettes.

Whoops this was said by Vainamoinen earlier in the thread waaay better than I put it.

Anyway, return to whatever it was you guys were talking about.
  • edited January 2011
    THE DARK TOWER

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48244

Could it be....?
  • edited January 2011
    Justin Bieber VS Twilight: The Game :P

Oh god!
    There better be a third side, which ISNT High Shool Musical, Hannah Montana, or any other disney show.
    Or a suicidal option.

Also I think Kingdom Hearts could work episodicaly, which it has with the original coded, but this game series already has at least 2 other games on their way.
  • edited January 2011
    Lol, I think you mean about 21. Our press event is on the 17th.
    Not if you spill the beans !!! You can tell us we won't tell anyone. I promise ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Or at lest leave a very criptic clue.
This discussion has been closed.