"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Jar Jar Binks would make an interesting Poker opponent. Throw in General Grievous, a Jawa, and Darth Vader(wth C3PO somewhere on the side) and you've got a game XD
  • edited March 2013
    *sigh*

I guess I'll have to whip up that template I made again. Hopefully I can still find it somewhere, otherwise I'd have to remake it.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Been searching for this one, why can't I find it anywhere on my site?
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    *sigh*

I guess I'll have to whip up that template I made again. Hopefully I can still find it somewhere, otherwise I'd have to remake it.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Mind sharing that template with the class?
  • edited March 2013
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Hopefully I can still find it somewhere, otherwise I'd have to remake it.
    There's that.
  • edited March 2013
    Mind sharing that template with the class?

You can make a very crude one yourself by screenshotting when NPCs leave the table and stitching them up in MS Paint or something less crappy.
    edited March 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    You can make a very crude one yourself by screenshotting when NPCs leave the table and stitching them up in MS Paint or something less crappy.

I have photoshop, I just figured it would be easier if one was already made.
  • edited March 2013
    If this were a real key party, I think the wives would be getting just a bit worried by now on seeing the key choices.
  • edited March 2013
    Okay, found the template I used, and it's pretty crud.

Use the following font though:

Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold

Download
  • edited March 2013
    Three things in regards to the leaked shots:
    Brock looks amazing. Bang-up job! I had no idea he could turn out so well in 3D.

Sam....looks different. It drives me downright insane: it was enough to spark the tiniest flicker of hope for a Season Four within our lifetimes, which just makes the fact that there's no reasonable expectation for that to happen (what with all those fables and walking dead and king questing) all the more heartbreaking.

That bartender is the personification of DeviantArt.com.
  • edited March 2013
    wellgolly wrote: »
    Three things in regards to the leaked shots:
    Brock looks amazing. Bang-up job! I had no idea he could turn out so well in 3D.

Sam....looks different. It drives me downright insane: it was enough to spark the tiniest flicker of hope for a Season Four within our lifetimes, which just makes the fact that there's no reasonable expectation for that to happen (what with all those fables and walking dead and king questing) all the more heartbreaking.

That bartender is the personification of DeviantArt.com.
    Bartender is Moxxie from Borderlands
  • edited March 2013
    Clord wrote: »
    It is like Jar Jar Binks expect more annoying. Not that it stops me from getting the game.

Stops me from getting
    Borderlands 2
    , will stop me from getting this game if it is
    Claptrap
  • edited March 2013
    Today the final key of the week approaches
  • edited March 2013
    The reveal of Claptrap's mute button is apon us! I mean GLaDOS.

Please let there be a Claptrap mute button.
  • edited March 2013
    What if the April Fools joke is that it isn't Claptrap, and it is the guy everyone wanted?
  • edited March 2013
    Looks like GLaDOS has arrived!

Super excited about this. Looking forward to monday. Hopefully it'll be available then, instead of just announced. I have the entire week off, so the timing would be perfect.
  • edited March 2013
    Companion cube keychain in bowl

Edit: Oh I missed XD
  • edited March 2013
    And as I guessed: no new guests on the weekend.
  • edited March 2013
    Yay we don't need spoilers now!

And I assume pricetag/preordering will be on monday.
  • edited March 2013
    Something tells me the whole reason GLaDOS is in is because unlike the first game this one's going to be on consoles.

TF2's mostly unknown to console gamers, so Telltale/Valve decided to go with someone better-known. While I was hoping for Soldier or Spy or someone, GLaDOS is pretty great too, so I guess I'm OK.
  • edited March 2013
    That actually does make sense. Though I hope she doesn't become a backseat driver.
  • edited March 2013
    I kind of want her to be one. GLaDOS and Sam are the only characters I actually know from all this, so I hope she gets a better role so I don't just shrug off what 75% of the cast are saying.
    EDIT:Wait so 2 of the players are called Brock and Ash? Well that is a Pokemon joke waiting to happen.
  • edited March 2013
    PokePairings__Ash_and_Brock_by_twinfools.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Ellen McLain tweeted a link to The Key Party, so I guess that confirms she's voicing GLaDOS.

Not that there was any doubt, but still, confirmation is good.
  • edited March 2013
    Now as long as she has actual dialogue beyond "The player has been busted out", then I'm sold!
  • edited March 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    EDIT:Wait so 2 of the players are called Brock and Ash? Well that is a Pokemon joke waiting to happen.

I still have ideas for a halloween costume that combines Ash from Pokemon and Ash from Evil Dead. I wish I had built it in time for Pax this year
  • edited March 2013
    Based on what little I've looked up of this strange and mysterious Borderlands 2, Claptrap is a funny character. I don't get why everyone's claiming he's a Jar Jar Binks.

I'm unfamiliar with Venture Brothers, but what little I looked up shows Brock's going to be funny too.

Ash is Ash. I haven't actually seen the Evil Dead movies, but a lot of his things are meme-worthy. Everyone's heard "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Sam is Sam. I've been looking forward to seeing him, though I was kinda hoping he could've played off someone like the Spy or Gabe or maybe Homestar.

GLADoS will be fun, but it's hard to say what she'll be doing there.

I wonder if GLADoS has them all locked into playing a poker game for her amusement, and when the players are busted out, they're exterminated by her turret guns. And then, if The Player wins, she's also exterminated because GLADoS doesn't feel like letting anyone walk away. It's all an experiment to her.
  • edited March 2013
    Kyronea wrote: »
    Based on what little I've looked up of this strange and mysterious Borderlands 2, Claptrap is a funny character. I don't get why everyone's claiming he's a Jar Jar Binks.
    He's... well, some people love him and some hate him. Hence the Jar Jar Binks comparison.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Now as long as she has actual dialogue beyond "The player has been busted out", then I'm sold!

Actually, her role is quite ideally picked. Losers will be eliminated.
  • edited March 2013
    Kyronea wrote: »

I'm unfamiliar with Venture Brothers, but what little I looked up shows Brock's going to be funny too.

Ash is Ash. I haven't actually seen the Evil Dead movies, but a lot of his things are meme-worthy. Everyone's heard "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Now this guy gets it! What wisdom!
    It wouldn't matter which characters they picked anyway,
    someone out there would always complain about "They should have used
    this character from this franchise instead." There's just no pleasing some people.
  • edited March 2013
    No. If they replaced Claptrap with Manny Calavera, nobody would complain.
  • edited March 2013
    The difference though is I've never seen someone that likes claptrap beyond this forum. It seems so weird that this is the specific borderlands 2 character they picked when there are plenty of great borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack for example.
  • edited March 2013
    That's great, they can not play the fracking game and do even better and never interact with me ever again. Don't want them anyway if they can honestly write something off because they dislike something as insignificant as a single character.
  • edited March 2013
    The difference though is I've never seen someone that likes claptrap beyond this forum. It seems so weird that this is the specific borderlands 2 character they picked when there are plenty of great borderlands 2 characters. Handsome Jack for example.

To be fair he is one of the only characters who would actually play poker...
    Handsome Jack is just a bit too crazy, the vault hunters are a bit too 'boring' as characters and the only other characters around really are Moxxi, Tina and Scooter and Claptrap fits the more cartoony feel and probably will have some good dialogue with GLaDOS
  • edited March 2013
    Tina would have been awesome...
  • edited March 2013
    Hudomonkey wrote: »
    To be fair he is one of the only characters who would actually play poker...
    Handsome Jack is just a bit too crazy, the vault hunters are a bit too 'boring' as characters and the only other characters around really are Moxxi, Tina and Scooter and Claptrap fits the more cartoony feel and probably will have some good dialogue with GLaDOS

Yeah I do admit Claptrap will probably be funny with GLaDOS, but Handsome Jack too crazy? The last poker game starred a genetically deformed guy that looks like a wrestler, a crazy killing machine, and a guy with a giraffe fetish.
  • edited March 2013

Claptrap is arguably the best-known Borderlands character (even if it is for the wrong reasons). If you had to pick someone to represent the series, he'd end up being the guy who sticks out the most.
  • edited March 2013

Didn't he win the fan-voted Character of the Year category at the VGAs? He can't be that unpopular.
    edited March 2013
    Not that I'm complaining, but with this game we have two robots, two Bad-asses, and Sam. Poker Night 1's characters not only made sense together, but also were more diverse. Pardon the poker pun, but I think Telltale should have gone all in and use either all niche characters or all mainstream characters.
  • edited March 2013
    Didn't he win the fan-voted Character of the Year category at the VGAs? He can't be that unpopular.

To be fair, his chosen competition was shit.
  • edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think the Claptrap we're getting isn't Borderlands 2 Claptrap.

I think we're getting this Claptrap:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dd13yOnwwE

...That reminds me: I better see Steve in the background at some point.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.