Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Preorder & Trailer! - The Penal Zone lands April 15

Comments

• edited March 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    HEY. Wait a minute! Maybe I missed it, but what about a season collector's DVD? Why is it not mentioned in the preorder deal? Will there be one?

And why is the PSN-Version cheaper? The free episode for PC gamers is worthless for any longtime telltale supporter like me. I do own every single game in your catalogue, some even more than once (except Texas Hold'em, which I don't care about). Like with TMI, we get screwed. If there was at least the promise of a collectors DVD, then the 5USD more would be justified....

I'm disappointed right now. No preorder from me (an I've preordered every other telltale season before)

Dude, calm down. Read the FAQs. There is a Collector's DVD.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    There's definitely a collector's dvd and quite a bit more if you preorder the PC/Mac version. The cheaperness of the PS3 preorder is because we really have no way to give PSN users a dvd or anything, but still wanted the preorder to be worth their while.
  • edited March 2010
    OK, I guess I missed it then ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm bored, no news on this site lately.
  • edited March 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    On the Devil's Playhouse page, click on the newspaper on the floor to see this

Can't seems to find any other hidden spots though.
    Hehe. I'd never noticed the "What Are Trains?" headline.
  • edited March 2010
    Btw cool that it's a cinema scene.

One thing, that i would really, REALLY, i mean REALLY love as a preorder feature would be a newspaper from Bosco's shop, just like in good old Zak McKracken days.

In it's simplest from this could be a PDF, although i for sure wouldn't mind getting this as a real newspaper afterwards as well. In a more advanced form it also could include hints or could be a part of the game itself, then the relevant parts obviously also should be available to the normal users in the game as well or they don't get the paper version.

The Zak McKracken newspaper was the best goodie i ever got in a game, even better than codewheels.
  • edited March 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Btw cool that it's a cinema scene.

One thing, that i would really REALLY, i mean REALLY love as a preorder feature would be a newspaper from Bosco's shop, just like in good old Zak Mc Kracken days.

In it's simplest from this could be a PDF, although i for sure wouldn't mind getting this as a real newspaper afterwards as well. In a more advanced form it also could include hints or could be a part of the game itself, then the relevant parts obviously also should be available to the normal users or they don't get the paper version.
    I think that's a lot more likely in a Season Three Case File(which may be integrated into a Deluxe Edition DVD like Tales if that goes well for them). The Season One Case File had an issue of the alien love triangle paper.
  • edited March 2010
    Honestly i'm not so much an Deluxe Edition dude and dunno how many people can take advantage of the free episode thing anymore, although i see the advantages for TTG, but i suspect quite some people already own all episodes maybe even more than once. For those and of course for those who admire valuable goodies this would be an great extra.
  • edited March 2010
    Muaha, finally! And it's still impressing me more and more. What's with this, though?
    Jake wrote: »
    DevilsPlayhouse.jpg
    That gun in Max's hand is not a Luger. It looks like Sam's gun. Why isn't he holding his Luger?
  • edited March 2010
    You know....I've had that as my desktop for hours now and hadn't noticed until just now.

That's a good question. Where IS Max's Luger?
  • edited March 2010
    Last night, for the first time in my life, I logged onto a site, saw 'this site is temporarily down' and thought "YES!" :D
  • edited March 2010
    Guys, I've already preordered my copy (along with Tales De Luxe!) :)

but... I see you've forgotten any information regarding translations... AGAIN. :mad::(

Come on, for God's sake, just a tiny "The Devil's Playhouse won't be translated at the moment" or "You'll get a translation patch after some months" (too much?) or "Stop bugging us with translations, you morons". :D

At least SHOW you're not forgetting the thing. I thought the ToMI mayhem taught you something...!!! :confused:
  • edited March 2010
    Oh Telltale , how I love you. As soon as its available to pre-order on Steam you will have my money gentlemen. Thanks so much for your games I love every single one of them!
  • edited March 2010
    This looks way better than I could have hoped for. I'm kind of short of funds at the moment, but I do really want to preorder it just to support these kind of things.
  • edited March 2010
    Does the alien brain's voice remind everyone else of James Urbaniak aka Dr. Venture?
  • edited March 2010
    Wow it looks very good guys :)
    Love the Twilight Zone vibe and seeing the results of Ryan's concept art back in the new character models
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    There's definitely a collector's dvd and quite a bit more if you preorder the PC/Mac version. The cheaperness of the PS3 preorder is because we really have no way to give PSN users a dvd or anything, but still wanted the preorder to be worth their while.

again, with regards to PSN, are there plans for it to come to the UK PSN? pretty please? :)
  • edited March 2010
    The best part of the gameplay demo apart from everything was finally getting to see Sam eat an icecream bar in glorious 3D.

Except then it disappeared or something. I mourn for it.
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    The best part of the gameplay demo apart from everything was finally getting to see Sam eat an icecream bar in glorious 3D.

Except then it disappeared or something. I mourn for it.

Where is the gameplay demo.
  • edited March 2010
    Gamespot!. There's talking over it that drowns out the dialogue, but the subtitles are on.
  • edited March 2010
    The episode names:
    samnmaxeps.png

Remind me of:

mst3keps.png
  • edited March 2010
    It reminds you of MST3K, or just B-movies?
  • edited March 2010
    i cant stop watching the computer part of the trailer.
    "where do you keep your personal items?"
    "thats none of your damn buisness computer!"
  • edited March 2010
    It reminds you of MST3K, or just B-movies?

Both.
  • edited March 2010
    You know, I just realized I can benchmark my computer with ToMI thanks to the Pre-order bonus fro Sam & Max 3!

Which episode is about as the same graphics-wise to the first episode of Sam & Max? I'm assuming the later ones because of how dark those videos look,
    what with all the traveling back and forth between the world of the dead and the living world
  • edited March 2010
    Man. I was planning on buying the new Sonic racing game, but I might need to get this.
  • edited March 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Man. I was planning on buying the new Sonic racing game, but I might need to get this.

Get that too! Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing is surprisingly good! Very addictive and very fun!
  • edited March 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Get that too! Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing With Banjo and Kazooie is surprisingly good! Very addictive and very fun!

fixed. The game is nothing without them.
  • edited March 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    fixed. The game is nothing without them.

Got it on PS3, I don't your gimmicky Banjo, Avatars or Mii's! Just the Sega stuff does me! :D
  • edited March 2010
    What a surprise! I haven't been so much around here lately since ToMI (I'm waiting to the spanish release... some day...). But this is awesome. And it's going to be on PSN too! Finally.

But I have a question... It's going to be subtitled in different languages like Wallace & Gromit or we'll have to wait a bunch of time until we get the localized version? (S&M Season 2 it's coming out THIS MONTH on Spain... Atari really sucks...)

Anyway... this season seems great! I love that Night Gallery style.
  • edited March 2010
    Gamespot!. There's talking over it that drowns out the dialogue, but the subtitles are on.

Great stuff Shwoo. Thank you for sharing!
  • edited March 2010

Great stuff. Cannot wait. Looks like I will be getting the PS3 version then.
    edited March 2010
    V_Ben wrote: »
    again, with regards to PSN, are there plans for it to come to the UK PSN? pretty please? :)

I think the European details are the same as the US ones, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Should be awful darn similar though, maybe a slightly different launch date based on submission approvals and whatnot.
  • edited March 2010
    Win.

Sooo I just preordered. When will the Freelance Police Dispatch be opened for me?
  • edited March 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Sooo I just preordered. When will the Freelance Police Dispatch be opened for me?

Keep an eye out for your order confirmation email. You'll find an access link to the Dispatch inside.
    edited March 2010
    WARNING, SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-sam-max-the-devils-playground/17-2141/

Chuck and I did this one a few days ago, so it's a slightly older build (mostly noticeable in the credits and a few other awesome things that Jake added).
  • edited March 2010
    @light_rises: Oh. I never check those. Thanks!

@Will: You keep posting and posting after some weeks of silence, man. I feel... overloaded >_>

Oh who am I kidding, I'm checking it...
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    WARNING, SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-sam-max-the-devils-playground/17-2141/

Chuck and I did this one a few days ago, so it's a slightly older build (mostly noticeable in the credits and a few other awesome things that Jake added).

Must. Stay. Away. from. Spoilers....

Specially because I'm at work. Probably when I were at my house...

Stupid Aftershocks...
  • edited March 2010
    Also I'm hearing about free shipping gig but never seen an official announcement about it.

Anyone?
  • edited March 2010
    Buh..... Whuh..... I cah.... :eek:
This discussion has been closed.