Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Preorder & Trailer! - The Penal Zone lands April 15

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Will this be available for PSP too? That would be convenient, because my computer is kinda slow.

PSP is one of the few platforms our engine doesn't yet run on, so I wouldn't hold your breath. But hey I didn't expect we'd show up on Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and Mac over the course of two years, so you never know.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, on the trailer, when its the strange man with the pictures floating around him (Devil, that isnt Beelzebub from last game) has anyone else noticed thing behind him changes. FIVE times to be exact! Clues to plot of each episode?
  • edited March 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    PSP is one of the few platforms our engine doesn't yet run on, so I wouldn't hold your breath. But hey I didn't expect we'd show up on Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and Mac over the course of two years, so you never know.

Considering what I read from the Job Listing, is more than "so you never know".
    edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Considering what I read from the Job Listing, is more than "so you never know".

...? :confused: As far as I know, it's "you never know."
  • edited March 2010

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/seniorsoftwareengineer
    Senior Software Engineers - Core Technology

Telltale is seeking highly motivated Senior Engineers to continue to develop the company's proprietary engine technology for PC, Mac, Wii, Xbox360 and PS3 with PSP and iPhone on the horizon.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    That's definitely one of those "gee, it would be nice to have someone who knows how that sucker works", but by no means is it in any way an indication that we will be working on it.
  • edited March 2010
    Even if PSP/iPhone is a long way off or never at all (not bothered by those platforms personally), it makes me wonder how development would be handled. If we assume Telltale would still be releasing all their games on the PC, more would be required on a port than what would for the 360 or PS3, especially since the PSP and iPhone can't handle those kind of graphics.
  • edited March 2010
    If they do make an iPhone app, I demand a Sam-ism Generator. You know, for those OMG! moments where words escape me.

Either that or the collection of "wise ol' Granny Ruth" sayings. Remember, kids, idle hands are the Devil's monkey bars!:D

Or my personal favorite, "A glutton for punishment always gets their fill."
  • edited March 2010
    Bought Sam and Max S3 first thing this morning, and got a free episode. Downloaded Monkey Island ep.1; VERY disappointed. I have been a Sam and Max fan since HTR; I hope they have not abandoned classic movement and dependable game characteristics for a more "realistic feel" like on Monkey Island. It is a talking dog and rabbity-thingy, why would you try to make the movement more "realistic"?
  • edited March 2010
    That's indeed quite impressive if they work well. Are you still using the same inhouse engine and do you know for when you're planing support for all those coming up multitouchdevices (in terms of an adapted steering options)?
  • edited March 2010
    AFGNCAAP wrote: »
    Bought Sam and Max S3 first thing this morning, and got a free episode. Downloaded Monkey Island ep.1; VERY disappointed. I have been a Sam and Max fan since HTR; I hope they have not abandoned classic movement and dependable game characteristics for a more "realistic feel" like on Monkey Island. It is a talking dog and rabbity-thingy, why would you try to make the movement more "realistic"?
    Are you talking about the control scheme? There's a topic for that here.
  • edited March 2010
    Just found some gameplay video. Max's first-person view seems interesting.
    http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/6253462/
  • edited March 2010

For me "you never know" is: We never think about it, but maybe.

Thanks to the job listing is: Maybe
  • edited March 2010
    I apologize if this has already been asked. I have yet to receive a response from Support on this: When will the code for the free game, along with wallpapers/avatars sent to customers who pre-ordered Devil's Playhouse be sent to purchasers. It's been a week, so I felt it was time to inquire.

Will be picking up the PS3 version as well. Mostly because of that darned couch and 1080p --the trophies don't hurt either.
  • edited March 2010
    sascha23 wrote: »
    I apologize if this has already been asked. I have yet to receive a response from Support on this: When will the code for the free game, along with wallpapers/avatars sent to customers who pre-ordered Devil's Playhouse be sent to purchasers. It's been a week, so I felt it was time to inquire.

The free game code comes with your Confirmation Email. Just scroll to the bottom. You also will find the link to the Exclusive Forum.
  • edited March 2010

Will be picking up the PS3 version as well. Mostly because of that darned couch and 1080p --the trophies don't hurt either.
    The pre-order extras only apply to the version on this website. The only pre-order bonus you can get on consoles is the $5 discount.

Unless you're saying that you're going to purchase both. In which case....I don't get you.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    The free game code comes with your Confirmation Email. Just scroll to the bottom. You also will find the link to the Exclusive Forum.

Looks like my old email address was on file with Telltale. Corrected the issue. Thanks for the heads-up Ginny.
  • edited March 2010
    Unless you're saying that you're going to purchase both. In which case....I don't get you.

Yes, I am a double-dipping fool. My question pertained to the PC pre-order, which has now been addressed. I am aware of the $5 perk for pre-ordering the PS3 version as well. Thanks.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, I am a double-dipping fool. My question pertained to the PC pre-order, which has now been addressed. I am aware of the $5 perk for pre-ordering the PS3 version as well. Thanks.
    Alright. Sorry to be no help. :cool:
  • edited March 2010
    Looks like my old email address was on file with Telltale. Corrected the issue. Thanks for the heads-up Ginny.

:-)
  • edited March 2010
    Alright, pre-ordered on PSN.

I'm officially PS3 and PC/Mac-ready for The Penal Zone...
  • edited March 2010
    I want to pre-order it, but it's not available in the spanish/european Playstation Network Store, do you have plans to release it in the EU store?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    It definitely will be available in Europe, but pre-ordering is still being worked out apparently. Quote from Joel in the blog comments:

"No word yet regarding pre-orders for Europe. This is the first time that PSN has ever done pre-orders, and we'll let you all know regarding Europe as new information becomes available.

- Joel, Telltale"
  • edited March 2010
    When you pre-order the Sam and Max Season Three thing, does it mean the first episode or the whole season?
  • edited March 2010
    And one more thing: how long will the pre-order last?
  • edited March 2010
    JusSonic wrote: »
    And one more thing: how long will the pre-order last?

I can answer both your questions. The pre-order is for the whole season, and the offer ends when the first episode is released.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi everybody!
    I've a question: If I pre-order Season 3, I'll get the episodes separately when they are released or all together?
    Thank you all

P.S. Sorry for my awful English.
  • edited March 2010
    If you preorder the season, then you'll be able to download them as they come out.
  • edited March 2010
    So if I preorder it, I'll get each episode when released and after the last came out I can get the DVD paying only shipping, can't I?
  • edited March 2010
    Well, you'll get the dvd when it's done, but otherwise you've got it.
  • edited March 2010
    OK, I got it.Thank you
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone if there will be a demo? If so, when?
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone if there will be a demo? If so, when?

Yup! As for when, probably on the same day the first episode is released (April 15).
  • edited March 2010
    I plan on pre-ordering this Friday.... Money is tight though I am trying to save money because I am taking the wife and kids on a trip to Florida soon and we are staying in a condo for 7 days..... that alone gets expensive not to mention trips to all the parks.... But that's my problem.
  • edited March 2010
    Just preordered :)
  • edited March 2010
    I did too yesterday CANT WAIT!!!
  • edited March 2010
    I plan to buy a 13" Macbook, will this run fine on the Geforce 9400M?
  • edited March 2010
    Wow... a new notebook and then use a 9400M?
    I guess it would, running lowest graphics setting...
    edited March 2010
    stoney1981 wrote: »
    I plan to buy a 13" Macbook, will this run fine on the Geforce 9400M?

I have a 9400M in my MacBook and it runs Tales of MI great, so it should be able to play Devils Playhouse well enough too. Not sure if it will run with everything set to the ultimate top setting, but you should be able to play it no problem.
  • edited March 2010
    I just able to pre-order the season itself. I got a question about the code that is used to get a free Telltale game episode. What certain games is the code good for?
This discussion has been closed.