Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Preorder & Trailer! - The Penal Zone lands April 15

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Also I'm hearing about free shipping gig but never seen an official announcement about it.
    Um, on the front page? And the store page? And the blog?

Free shipping worldwide with a $50+ order (orders totaling $49.90 are qualifying too).
  • edited March 2010
    I never check any of those in a daily basis! :< Just forums and... zazazaz

Anyway, 50$ is too much for me to spend in a month so...
  • edited March 2010
    Teehee - Next to the toy store the Bad news paper
    'Purcell attacked by Two Headed Monkey'
  • edited March 2010
    anyone else wondering why Nipperkin is suddenly a moleman? (I swear that is the exact same voice, I know it's the same voice-actor)
  • edited March 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    anyone else wondering why Nipperkin is suddenly a moleman? (I swear that is the exact same voice, I know it's the same voice-actor)
    Actually, the question should be the other way around -- Harry Moleman was voiced by Tim Talbot in Seasons 1 and 2, way before Tim did the voice for Nipperkin. :)
  • edited March 2010
    That voice actually belonged to Harry Moleman (from season 1 and 2) before Nipperkin got it.
  • edited March 2010
    how the crap did I manage to miss that? I've managed to play both of his episodes of season one in a two day period. I guess it's because I played Tales first
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    WARNING, SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-sam-max-the-devils-playground/17-2141/

Chuck and I did this one a few days ago, so it's a slightly older build (mostly noticeable in the credits and a few other awesome things that Jake added).

I just love what you guys have done with this overall. It really just feels like a new Sam and Max, or even a successor to Hit the Road, what with the return of
    :winslow: the map :winslow:

It was also great to hear you guys talk about Majus and Suro; you must be really happy with their work. :D
  • edited March 2010

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-sam-max-the-devils-playground/17-2141/

Chuck and I did this one a few days ago, so it's a slightly older build (mostly noticeable in the credits and a few other awesome things that Jake added).

Wow, that has got to be the greatest achievement in Sam & Max since... well that time in Season 2 when Max gets on fire.
  • edited March 2010
    You know, I keep trying but the only thing I get is a png picture with an arrow on it that does nothing if clicked.
  • MRNMRN
    edited March 2010
    I have a question: How does pre-order work? Do we get a code and a download link everytime a new episode is realeased or do we get a fancy case after all the episode are released?

Thanks in advance.
  • edited March 2010
    Both. You get a serial number that works for the whole season, then you get download links mailed to you (and also available in your My Games) as the episodes come out. And then when they're all released you can get a collector dvd for cost of shipping.
  • edited March 2010
    i noticed that Xbox live is missing as an available format from the trailer. Has sony snapped S&M up as a downloadable exclusive?
  • MRNMRN
    edited March 2010
    So that means the price marked for 34.95 is the final price? Without the DVD collector of course.
  • edited March 2010
    you'll get the DVD for free at the end of the season, just pay for shipping. Unless they do a deluxe edition like they just have for MI.
  • MRNMRN
    edited March 2010
    Cool...
  • edited March 2010
    MRN wrote: »
    So that means the price marked for 34.95 is the final price? Without the DVD collector of course.
    Yes, the $34.95 price includes all five downloadable episodes (plus a free episode in another series if you preorder). When the DVD is released sometime after the series ends, you will pay only the shipping costs to get the DVD.
  • edited March 2010
    MRN wrote: »

It's the price for all 5 episodes, and it includes the DVD itself, but not shipping fees for the DVD.
  • MRNMRN
    edited March 2010
    Thats awesome. The game's also not very expensive :)
  • edited March 2010
    does anyone else wonder if skunkape is the master villian or just the villian for one episode.
  • edited March 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Wow, that has got to be the greatest achievement in Sam & Max since... well that time in Season 2 when Max gets on fire.

Thanks a lot. Now I'm even more eager for April 15 to see what could possibly rise to that level. Sure those 34 days will just fly by.

That bit from Season 2 is one of my personal favorites in gaming period, so...
  • edited March 2010
    JJoyce wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. Now I'm even more eager for April 15 to see what could possibly rise to that level. Sure those 34 days will just fly by.

That bit from Season 2 is one of my personal favorites in gaming period, so...

You just reminded me of something. We need a countdown gadget.
  • edited March 2010
    Here's a timer.

I chose the time of day because the new games are usually out before then.
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Here's a timer.

I chose the time of day because the new games are usually out before then.

4 am? Are you sure you didn't mean 4 pm?
  • edited March 2010
    Oops. Well, I fixed it now.

I bet it'll be out at around 4am my time. I'm never awake when they come out. Well, rarely.
  • edited March 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Get that too! Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing is surprisingly good! Very addictive and very fun!

Will do. Probably get Sonic sometime later, though.
  • edited March 2010
    I wonder what the penal zone is and how it will affect the story?
  • edited March 2010
    I wonder what the penal zone is and how it will affect the story?

It's a parody of the Phantom Zone?
  • edited March 2010
    Sam and Max trap Skun-ka'pe in
    the Penal Zone
    near the start of the game (it's a flash forward), so I guess that's its role in the story
  • edited March 2010
    Who's Skun-Ka'pe? Is he the white monkey guy?
  • edited March 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Who's Skun-Ka'pe? Is he the white monkey guy?
    Yes. He's the skunk ape.
  • edited March 2010
    Originally Posted by Will View Post

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...round/17-2141/

This game looks so good! I love the environments. If you look at Sam & Max's street in Hit the Road and then look at it for The Devil's Playhouse it's amazing. The gritty feel of the city is now captured. I can't wait to play this.
  • edited March 2010
    HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP! as Strong BAd would say.
  • edited March 2010
    Love the new lighting effects, I never usually notice lighting in games but it certainly helps to make the game look less cartoony and more like the comics. Cannot wait for new Sam and Max adventures!
  • edited March 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask, but when did that happen? I can't remember anything like that. :confused:
  • edited March 2010

Absolutely beautiful and funny as hell, and I guess there are lots of "did you try?" possibilities even in the short prologue.

And I have no idea Sam is so agile.
  • edited March 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    And I have no idea Sam is so agile.
    I noticed that too. He was surprisingly quick on the forward rolls.
  • edited March 2010
    He's a cartoon! :D He has a surprisingly quick muscle dextarity.
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I noticed that too. He was surprisingly quick on the forward rolls.
    And with his hat keeping in place :D
  • edited March 2010
    Cue Indiana Jones style grabbing hat from under closing door... :p
This discussion has been closed.