Sam and Max TF2 Items!

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3698&p=1

ttg.png ttg.png

This applies only to Steam, I assume? :(

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Oh gods, I hope it doesn't apply only to Steam! I bought it from Telltale! Hope I'm not getting a WORSE deal because of it. :(
  • edited April 2010
    Glad I didn't cancel the preorder :) I mean, I'm still getting the items, right?

Edit: Yes I did. Cool!
  • edited April 2010
    But... but... I bought it from Telltale. ;___;
  • edited April 2010
    erm... any confirmation on this one way or the other? I pre-ordered from telltale.
  • edited April 2010
    :( i want these items i play tf2 and sam and max how could this happen!

:( tell tale seemed like the best place to pre order
  • edited April 2010
    I've always wanted a severed rabbit's head to wear while I'm burning people to death! :D
  • edited April 2010
    God. DAMNIT. This is the one time I've seen valve make a STUPID choice.
  • edited April 2010
    Steam purchasers only who pre-ordered or purchase till a week from now. You will get bonus items for Team Fortress 2
    It is like an anti-consumer loyalty promotion. Why on earth would Telltale create a deal that makes me regret pre-ordering directly from them?
  • edited April 2010
    I am so angry i bought from telltale
  • TorTor
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, the TF2 items look pretty cool, especially the Max hat... not cool enough to make me buy another copy of the game though, I already purchased the season from here.

I'll second the request for this promo to also apply to telltalegames.com purchases!
  • edited April 2010
    when people got left 4 dead 2 from gamestop they had a code for tf2 for bills hat any chance tell tale could do the same here??
  • edited April 2010
    Aw, come on. Now I am really, REALLY angry.
    If I knew about this, I wouldn't even buy it at Telltale. Okay, maybe I would. But COME ON, I really want this AWESOME hat. Can I get it? Please? Pleeeeease? :(

I knew I should wait some more.
  • edited April 2010
    Tor wrote: »
    Yeah, the TF2 items look pretty cool, especially the Max hat... not cool enough to make me buy another copy of the game though, I already purchased the season from here.

I'll second the request for this promo to also apply to telltalegames.com purchases!
    God PLEASE let there be a way to do this
  • edited April 2010
    Woohoo this is very epic ! :D cant wait to KILL PEOPLE with these items in TF2!

edit:

Hmm i only have the rabbit ears, where are we supposed to get the 2 weapons? are they drops or ?
  • edited April 2010
    In an effort not to be the stereotypical raging new guy even though I'm apparently screwed...

I think it's a pretty cool thing. :3

Now bring on that Telltale-developed Team Fortress 2 adventure game!
  • edited April 2010
    Aww man, I wish I could have both. :(
  • edited April 2010
    Noooooooo!
    I pre-ordered with Telltale, just like I have every Telltale game, but this is something I really want as I play Team Fortress 2 a lot.

Please Telltale offer it to your loyal customers here.
  • edited April 2010
    Don't jump to conclusions that we'll never get these items. People who pre-order on Telltale are supposed to get special deals and stuff, too. You never know, we might end up getting them after all.
  • edited April 2010
    Booooooo... I went with Telltale instead of steam :\

Please help us Telltale!
  • edited April 2010
    This made me really angry. I preordered the season from telltale games instead of steam, and this is the thanks I get. Well played telltale, well played.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if there's a way to unlock the items for people who purchased through our store, but I want you guys to know that this wasn't some sort of premeditated middle finger from marketing.

We (mostly Jake and I) had a last-minute opportunity to do a cool thing with Valve and we jumped on it. Literally no earlier notice could have been given.
  • edited April 2010
    Okay, here's some bits:

All classes get Max Head
    Spy gets revolver
    Scout gets Luger
  • edited April 2010
    There might be a way to link it, I heard a guy on Facepunch, I'll report later.
  • edited April 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    I don't know if there's a way to unlock the items for people who purchased through our store, but I want you guys to know that this wasn't some sort of premeditated middle finger from marketing.

We (mostly Jake and I) had a last-minute opportunity to do a cool thing with Valve and we jumped on it. Literally no earlier notice could have been given.

I can understand that, and it's nice... but... is there a way you could talk things over with Valve, work out the same deal for the rest of us?
    edited April 2010
    Moleculor wrote: »
    I can understand that, and it's nice... but... is there a way you could talk things over with Valve, work out the same deal for the rest of us?

I'll ask, but I'm not sure if anything can be done about it. Our product keys don't unlock the Steam version of the game like some other titles do so they have no way to track who should get the items. It would probably need to be done manually, and I don't have any idea how that would even work.
  • edited April 2010
    I know people who preordered L4D2 at a physical retailer could still get the bonus by entering in a code. I would love to see something like this because I love both Sam and Max and TF2. Dispite being a frequent Steam user, I pre-ordered from telltale as soon as I could because of the extra bonuses and community involvement you guys have. I know this is recent stuff but I hope something is worked out soon.
  • edited April 2010
    I'll ask, but I'm not sure if anything can be done about it. Our product keys don't unlock the Steam version of the game like some other titles do so they have no way to track who should get the items. It would probably need to be done manually, and I don't have any idea how that would even work.

as i mentioned they did this before with external stores giving out cupon codes for l4d2 to unlock the items so maybe possible
  • edited April 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    I know people who preordered L4D2 at a physical retailer could still get the bonus by entering in a code. I would love to see something like this because I love both Sam and Max and TF2. Dispite being a frequent Steam user, I pre-ordered from telltale as soon as I could because of the extra bonuses and community involvement you guys have. I know this is recent stuff but I hope something is worked out soon.

I pre-order from Telltale for the same reasons. :D

I'm tempted to be outraged by this, but really, I get to play a new Sam and Max game today, so I can't even pretend. O:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    This is a promo running for Steam customers for this week. The TF2 hats are exclusive to the Steam store.

Telltale customers get the Collectors DVD, which is exclusive to the Telltale Store. Steam customers don't get the free physical copy, but they do get hats in Team Fortress.

If one of these two promos excites or upsets you to the point that you wish to switch to one or the other stores, write to support@telltalegames.com and someone can help you cancel or instate a TTG.com order.

We're investigating getting the TF2 stuff for you guys who bought the game direct from Telltale. Stay tuned.
  • edited April 2010
    God damnit.
  • edited April 2010
    Oh.
    I would switch to Steam, but cancelling would probably take some time. However, I learned how to do it from now on: wait for the game launch.
  • edited April 2010
    Dam. I love TF2 and S+M so much and have little need for a physical DVD but would love the TF2 items...but I got my game gifted to me!

Oh cruel fate!

I'm not angry though, I love any inter-brand mashups. I look forward to seeing the engineers hat hanging on the hatstands in the office....
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone else only have the rabbit ears?
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone know if I can get the items if I preordered before the offer was announced? And if so when? Thankful for answers!
    edited April 2010
    Gadesa wrote: »
    Anyone know if I can get the items if I preordered before the offer was announced? And if so when? Thankful for answers!

If you preordered on Steam, you should have access to the items.
  • edited April 2010
    Wow, and here I was... cursing my luck that I let the free shipping deadline pass when I meant to get the Deluxe Edition of TOMI and Sam & Max.

As much as I dislike digital distribution... I think I prefer the TF2 stuff :)

EDIT: A lot more expensive though... bah. Still don't think I can pass this up though... I just wish Steam wouldn't gouge people every chance it gets.
  • edited April 2010
    I might buy it a second time. Waste of my money but, that's what you make me do for making such a moronic deal.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I might buy it a second time. Waste of my money but, that's what you make me do for making such a moronic deal.

I said just a few posts up that you have the option of switching if you want. If you buy it twice it is your choice.
  • edited April 2010
    I also preordered off Telltale, as soon as the games were announced, before the preorder was available on Steam. I'm a huge TF2 fan, so I'm also a wee bit disappointed that we don’t get them.

But it would be amazing if Telltale could work out a deal with Valve where we could get an unlock code for the items!
  • edited April 2010
    If you preordered on Steam, you should have access to the items.

Any idea of how long it can take until i get them?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.