Sam and Max TF2 Items!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Woot! Thanks for the effort guys, you're all awesome. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Is it wrong for me to only now want to get Team Fortress 2 in the first place?

No... but if you do, we over at ocrtf2.com:27050 are nice to newbies.

Well, most of us anyway.

I could write up some tips, but really the most important ones are:
    1. Right-click for special actions (pyro airblast to put allies on fire out, Demoman to blow up previously placed stickybombs, Medic if you have 100% charge to deploy an ubercharge (8-second invincibility for you and the person you're healing), Sniper to zoom in your Sniper rifle, and Spy to cloak for up to 8 seconds).
    2. Spies can disguise as anyone from either team. Watch out for suspicious activity, like an "ally" going the wrong way on a battle field or an enemy being killed abnormally easy. Note: You see your team's spies (or an enemy Spy disguised as your team's Spy) as a Spy with a paper mask over his face.
    3. Players burn their team color. Red person burning with Blue flames or vice versa is an enemy Spy.
    4. Engineers can build buildings with their fourth "weapon" and destroy their own buildings with their fifth weapon. The wrench can also upgrade any of your own team's buildings up to level 3... it takes 200 metal to upgrade a building, ammo boxes; dropped weapons; or your team's respawn room cabinet will give you more metal.
  • edited April 2010
    Powerlord wrote: »

Well, most of us anyway.
    I haven't played an FPS since the N64, so I'd probably deserve any ridicule I get. :D
  • edited April 2010
    Woo this is awesome, I was worried when I read this thread from start till middle. Then saw the "You will get it..." messages and was happy as heck. Thank you guys so much, this will make being a scout more fun (yay Silly max pistol!)
  • edited April 2010

Well, while at first it might seem like just another multiplayer FPS, the characters, levels, and classes have a charm and character that makes TF2 to multiplayer FPS's what Mario is to platformers and Monkey Island is to adventure games, well in my opinion anyway. Once you get into it and learn all the classes and how to play with them it become an insane amount of fun. I don't know what your taste is with this sort of thing though, so there's always the chance you won't like it.
  • edited April 2010
    I haven't played an FPS since the N64, so I'd probably deserve any ridicule I get. :D

TF2 is surprisingly easy to learn how to play. Of course, you'll still need to learn how to play well (I fail as a Demo).
  • edited April 2010
    There's 3 things to know to play Demoman.

Spam is your friend. More grenades = more explosions = more damage. You want to carpet an area so noone gets through unharmed.

The grenade launcher can be tricky but if you get good at leading your target and Valve's Source engine physics don't screw you out of a hit,you should be able to hit a target fairly regularly.

Stickies are win bombs. Launch them all over and blow them up in people's faces. It works very well.

Also,thank you,Telltale for fixing this up for us. :D Granted,even if you didn't get us the free stuff,I'd still rather buy here,but it's nice you're trying to get us the best of both worlds. :D
  • edited April 2010
    By the way, is there a TellTale TF2 steam group? If not there should be. I would also like to play with the Telltale players mentioned in the TF2 blog.
  • edited April 2010
    Heck,why not make one. Freelance Police Elite Forces. :D Anyone with a bunny hat gets an invite. :p
  • edited April 2010
    I would love to join a telltale tf2 steam group if theres one
  • edited April 2010
    Grah, talk about buyer's regret. I hope they will give us the opportunity to get the items if you pre-ordered through telltale...
  • edited April 2010
    I saw this in Steam when signing in just a few minutes ago, after spending several hours playing my pre-ordered from this site Sam & Max game. I felt sad, hurt, and betrayed!

And then I read about it in Shacknews, and saw that Telltale and Valve are working together to get us the items as well.
    All of that washed away, and I almost cried out like a little girl! (Maybe not.) :P

Besides their great games, their dedication to customers is why I get Telltale and Valve games!
  • edited April 2010
    I still am not too interested.
    Although I would accept if one would gift it... by blowing them up to kingdom come ;) (if other online FPS are an indication, I am not too shabby).
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's looking like we'll be good to go on getting interested Telltale customers the TF2 unlocks for sure. It won't be instant because our site really isn't set up yet to distribute them, but yeah. Feel free to buy from the TTG site and rest assured you'll get a Max head to wear on top of your regular head in TF2 :)

There are no words to express how fantastic you guys are. I know this because I've used them all before and you keep upping the ante.
    this isn't exactly what I meant when I said I wanted Valve and Telltale to collaborate on a game, but it's really awesome anyway

Well, most of us anyway.
    I can second the OCR server as being excellent. As an admin I'm also obligated to mention the NeoGAF server (68.232.178.184:27015), which is similarly easygoing. I've wanted to organize an OCR-GAF exhibition game of some sort for a while now, actually.
  • edited April 2010
    Boy, you guys just made my day!

This is what I love about Telltale Games: they really REALLY care for their customers, and they do anything they can to help them. You go, Telltale!
  • edited April 2010
    Fancy Worm wrote: »
    Boy, you guys just made my day!

This is what I love about Telltale Games: they really REALLY care for their customers, and they do anything they can to help them. You go, Telltale!

I second this. This is why I pre-order from you guys in the first place. I know you guys are going to go the extra mile to make people happy!
  • edited April 2010
    I still am not too interested.
    Although I would accept if one would gift it... by blowing them up to kingdom come ;) (if other online FPS are an indication, I am not too shabby).

TF2 is super fun and easy to get into (coming from someone who is generally FPSphobic), but if you're still unsure, Valve tends to have a Steam sale on it every couple of months, usually along with a free-to-play weekend. Soooo you could always check it out when one of those rolls around.

*taking down server names* :D
  • edited April 2010
    So, im kind lost and just trying to understand things are.

How would one know what to do to get the S&M itens on TF2 when they get it working? Will you post something on the forums or send us an email?

Just wondering because TF2 is my favorite FPS and I still play it a lot to these days, just like S&M are one of my favorite adventure games, so the 2 of them together... its just too awesome. Hope you guys can work something out, i can't afford another pre-order and would really like to get the itens =\.
  • edited April 2010
    My question is - How are Valve and Telltale going to know who bought Sam & Max on Telltale to tie it in with their Steam account? Email confirmation, maybe?

And if that's the case, I bought Sam and Max Season 1 a long time ago on Steam before I bought straight from Telltale, and if Steam and Telltale are connecting, will I finally be able to get the bonus DVD for Season 1?
  • edited April 2010
    Dr_Worm wrote: »
    And if that's the case, I bought Sam and Max Season 1 a long time ago on Steam before I bought straight from Telltale, and if Steam and Telltale are connecting, will I finally be able to get the bonus DVD for Season 1?
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. Nikasaur says in the blog comments that while the Team Fortress 2 thing is happening for direct TTG customers, the DVDs are an entirely different matter that would be a lot more difficult.
  • edited April 2010
    Epic game developers are F*#*$*$% EPIC!!!

Haven't played TF2 in months but this will definitely get me back into it.
  • edited April 2010
    Glad to hear y'all are working something out, guessing there's no ETA though right? There's something appealing about using Max's head with a camera beard.
  • edited April 2010
    I hope this works out! I don't have any TF2 hats yet, and half a bunny head would be a great place to start.
  • edited April 2010
    I love that you guys are doing this, but...

God damn it, with everyone buying The Penal Zone ONLY to get the items, I won't be able to tell the Sam & Max fans from the "I'll pay 10 dollars for an item" guys...

: S
  • edited April 2010
    I love that you guys are doing this, but...

God damn it, with everyone buying The Penal Zone ONLY to get the items, I won't be able to tell the Sam & Max fans from the "I'll pay 10 dollars for an item" guys...

: S
    It's OK, they'd have to pay $35 for an item. You can't buy individual episodes yet, just the full season.
  • edited April 2010
    Oops, I meant to say "The Devil's Playhouse". Still, judging by threads on the TF2 forums and people in-game, I think some people bought Sam & Max just because of the items.
  • edited April 2010
    I tend to think the game won't be flooded with these items like what happened with Bill's hat; the customer overlap isn't as huge...
  • edited April 2010
    Sciz wrote: »
    I can second the OCR server as being excellent. As an admin I'm also obligated to mention the NeoGAF server (68.232.178.184:27015), which is similarly easygoing. I've wanted to organize an OCR-GAF exhibition game of some sort for a while now, actually.

If you haven't been to the OCR TF2 thread recently, the old one got closed and we started a new one.

OCR also has a second server that's not really utilized that we could use for an exhibition match (red.ocrtf2.com:27060)
  • edited April 2010
    It's looking like we'll be good to go on getting interested Telltale customers the TF2 unlocks for sure. It won't be instant because our site really isn't set up yet to distribute them, but yeah. Feel free to buy from the TTG site and rest assured you'll get a Max head to wear on top of your regular head in TF2 :)
    Just to make sure, if I buy the new season during the first week from the TTG store, I get the Collector's DVD and the TF2 items? Even if I didn't pre-order here?

The DVD is more important to me, but the thought of running around with Max' head is soooooo tempting...
  • edited April 2010
    To be fair you guys are going to get a physical copy of this Season when It's finished. We steam purchasers just get these purely cosmetic items. Which by the way are awesome and an unexpected plus! Thanks so much Telltale! Welp time to go play Episode 1 wish me luck!
  • edited April 2010
    If you haven't been to the OCR TF2 thread recently, the old one got closed and we started a new one.

OCR also has a second server that's not really utilized that we could use for an exhibition match (red.ocrtf2.com:27060)
    Yeah, I managed to follow it through the migration. School picked up and the GAF server started existing though, so I haven't been on it lately. D:

Pretty sure I could scrape together a GAF team if there's any interest on the OCR end. I admittedly don't know why I want this to happen other than that they're fairly similar communities that both derive from gaming-oriented sites, and my first instinct is to get them together to bash each others' heads in.
  • edited April 2010
    Those Max hats look funny. They would be cool in real as well. :O)
  • edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Those Max hats look funny. They would be cool in real as well. :O)

I'm actually the most interested in Sam's revolver... because I play Spy a lot... and I had the highest number of revolver kills on the server I play on the most... before other things popped up and cut my gaming time way down.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm actually the most interested in Sam's revolver... because I play Spy a lot... and I had the highest number of revolver kills on the server I play on the most... before other things popped up and cut my gaming time way down.

Sam's Revolver is definitely the gem of the lot. I actually used to equip the Ambassador because it reminded me of Sam's gun... :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2010
    I don't have a need for a revolver but i could make proper usage out of the hat, like waking up the children this way. :O)
  • edited April 2010
    I'd be fairly annoyed about this if I hadn't gotten Strong Bad episode 3 for free. Free game > digital hat. As it is, I'm only mildly annoyed.
  • edited April 2010

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Seriously, Thank you 100 times over. Please make it happen, greatest developers of all time!
  • edited April 2010

See, you miss things like this when you skim a thread. And Telltale remains unwaveringly awesome as always.
  • edited April 2010
    Awesome cheers guys!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.