Sam and Max TF2 Items!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I still love how srs bzn hats are in tf2. (remembers cheater's lament)

Also: Yay telltale!
  • edited April 2010
    Hm. I put the code in, and started up TF2, but haven't got anything yet. I guess I gotta wait for the Penal Zone to download on Steam, huh?
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Hey guys who bought from TTG but want to unlock the TF2 goodies, can you give http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats a try?

Let me know if anything wacky happens... the bad kind of wacky. You getting Max's head as a TF2 unlock is the good kind. Actually, feel free to tell us about that kind, too.

Works perfectly.

Another satisfied customah'.
  • edited April 2010
    Already in my back pack. :D

Woo. Level 87 Severed Max Head! :3
  • edited April 2010
    Does anyone know what happens if I purchase The Orange Box at retail? Is it just a Steam retail code, or is there a difference between retail and buying direct from Steam?
  • edited April 2010
    Does anyone know what happens if I purchase The Orange Box at retail? Is it just a Steam retail code, or is there a difference between retail and buying direct from Steam?

No difference at all. Except on retail you get the (outdated) DVD, of course. I just bought it from Steam ;)
  • edited April 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Hm. I put the code in, and started up TF2, but haven't got anything yet. I guess I gotta wait for the Penal Zone to download on Steam, huh?

No, you don't.

Just start up TF2, the items should be there. If they're not, die once. Then they'll be there.
  • edited April 2010

All retail Valve games from HL2 on consist of the game data (minus a few critical bits for activation) plus a Steam unlock key. Same product in the end, though the retail version will probably have a bunch of patches lined up once you install it.
  • edited April 2010
    Hey guys who bought from TTG but want to unlock the TF2 goodies, can you give http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats a try?

Let me know if anything wacky happens... the bad kind of wacky. You getting Max's head as a TF2 unlock is the good kind. Actually, feel free to tell us about that kind, too.

Appreciate that!
  • edited April 2010
    Sciz wrote: »
    All retail Valve games from HL2 on consist of the game data (minus a few critical bits for activation) plus a Steam unlock key. Same product in the end, though the retail version will probably have a bunch of patches lined up once you install it.
    Great, so I can play from my Steam account without a disk? Because I may go that route.
  • edited April 2010
    Great, so I can play from my Steam account without a disk? Because I may go that route.

Yeah. Once you plug the code into Steam, a retail copy is indistinguishable from a native Steam copy. The disc exists only to save you several GBs of bandwidth.
  • edited April 2010

Yeah, but you can with Retail as well. The only difference between Retail and Steam is that Steam will download the up-to-date version, whereas Retail is probably an older version you install and then download updates for. They both require Steam.
  • edited April 2010
    Moleculor wrote: »
    Yeah, but you can with Retail as well. The only difference between Retail and Steam is that Steam will download the up-to-date version, whereas Retail is probably an older version you install and then download updates for. They both require Steam.
    Perfect. I know I can get the retail version for a few bucks cheaper than a native Steam copy. I also know that The Orange Box went on sale for $10 at one point in the past and I am probably going to see that sale pop up again the moment I pay cash for it, but whatever.
  • edited April 2010
    I was so bummed when I heard about the TF2 hats, as I had already pre-ordered here. Now THIS is how a game company that cares about its customers goes about serving their client base.

Thanks, Telltale. You rock!
  • edited April 2010

That worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.
  • edited April 2010
    Once again, Telltale proves they're the best!
    The code worked like a charm.
  • edited April 2010

Works fine, had to suicide to get the items, but I got them. Also got The Penal Zone on Steam, but you guys probably had to add it to the Steam account to confirm the Telltale Purchase. We already have to games, so getting them on Steam doesn't really matter anyway.

Using Steam's retail product activation was actually one of the methods I was speculating Telltale to use.
  • edited April 2010
    http://www.tf2items.com/lists/selfmade/

*Looks at all the Telltale employees*
    Lucky...
  • edited April 2010
    I take back everything bad I said, including the crack about putting it on the iPad first.
  • edited April 2010
    I ended up buying a copy of Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse on Steam after I found out about the Sam & Max items but before I found out that I could get them using my preorder on Telltale. Now what should I do?
  • edited April 2010
    Qwertybub3 wrote: »
    I ended up buying a copy of Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse on Steam after I found out about the Sam & Max items but before I found out that I could get them using my preorder on Telltale. Now what should I do?

Have you tried panicking?

Did you buy the whole season, or just the one episode?
  • edited April 2010
    Whole season
  • edited April 2010
    owwwwwwwwww

Support might be able to help you out, shoot them an email
  • edited April 2010
    Steam support or Telltale support?
  • edited April 2010
    Qwertybub3 wrote: »
    Steam support or Telltale support?

I would suggest both. But that was kinda frivolous and impatient.
  • edited April 2010
    Go for steam, they're the ones you want a refund from.
  • edited April 2010
    oh.. and thanks Telltale!
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    http://www.tf2items.com/lists/selfmade/

*Looks at all the Telltale employees*
    Lucky...

We are the sparkliest.
  • edited April 2010
    Yay, another Penal Zone (not that I really need it) and a Max hat. Now I just need TF2. Darn, 20 bucks...
  • edited April 2010
    TF2 is an awesome game with lots of value. I'd pay like $200 for it :D
  • edited April 2010
    oh wow! thank you! now i have the game on steam too AND the TF2 item! awesome!
  • edited April 2010
    Woo!

Telltale FTW!
  • edited April 2010
    I can give my hat code away to someone, right?
  • edited April 2010
    Whoah, I just figured I'd get the hats via the tf2items.com page...didn't realize I'd get it added to my Steam library too (been bugging the Runic [Torchlight] guys to do something similar, but no dice). Thanks Telltale!

-HM
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I can give my hat code away to someone, right?

We'd prefer if you didn't give the codes out.
  • edited April 2010
    Well you guys have fun.
    Ill sit in the corner with my Xbox version and nonworking TF2 PC version:(:(

(Although I still took the code and added the items to my list just in case if it works but still.)
  • edited April 2010
    Worked like a charm. Thanks Telltale! You guys truly are the best!
  • edited April 2010
    Yay, another Penal Zone (not that I really need it) and a Max hat. Now I just need TF2. Darn, 20 bucks...
    I'm thinking I'll grab The Orange Box on retail for $25. I'll get a bunch of other games for $5 more, and there's no way that the other included titles aren't worth the extra five bucks. I suppose, as a predominantly PC gamer, I was going to get sucked into Valve's little world eventually.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm thinking I'll grab The Orange Box on retail for $25. I'll get a bunch of other games for $5 more, and there's no way that the other included titles aren't worth the extra five bucks. I suppose, as a predominantly PC gamer, I was going to get sucked into Valve's little world eventually.

The Half Life 2 saga (although unfinished) is one of the best story driven FPS series I've played. Even Terry Pratchett liked it.

But surely you already got the Orange box when portal came out?
  • edited April 2010

Do it!! Orange Box is hands-down the best value purchase I ever ever made
Sign in to comment in this discussion.