Sam and Max TF2 Items!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Even if we end up getting none of the items, I'm still glad you guys at least are trying to talk to valve. The promotion was a good idea, but it would've been better if it was announced a little earlier (yeah, I know it was a last minute thing). I'm also glad this promotion has helped selling more copies of the game, and thus making sam and max the current top seller on steam.
  • edited April 2010
    I think at this point it's sold better on Steam than it has through Telltale's store. That is the power of adding TF2 hats to it.
  • edited April 2010
    I had resigned myself to not getting the TF2 items, and was entirely not bitter about it, I swear (though I was a tad sad).

It's nice to hear there's a possibility I'll get them after all! You guys are great. :D Even if it doesn't happen in the end!

P.S., I was totally serious about a TF2 adventure game.
  • edited April 2010
    First time on here the forums here.

I have bought most every valve game and every telltale game (except for Bone, sorry!) and have never been disappointed from either. They are both two of my favorite companies and I don't expect to be disappointed again. Even though I do play TF2 ALOT, it is still just a hat. The two weapons are just different skins so they aren't different at all except for cosmetics.

But, thank you guys for looking into still getting them because it would still be cool to get them if I ordered them from you!
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It's limited time offer because it makes it exciting, and keeps TF2 from being flooded with Max heads. The ball is in fact not in Valve's court, it is in ours, but there is some infrastructure involved on our end to get things working; there are things to figure out. We're investigating :)

Hope things work out. If they do, you've got my preorder.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    It looks like something's coming together. Hold off for a bit and we should have news for everyone soon.
  • edited April 2010
    I officialy love Telltale Games right now. Even more than before.
    Thanks for actually caring about your costumers.
  • edited April 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    It looks like something's coming together. Hold off for a bit and we should have news for everyone soon.

Thanks for trying TTG team.

(And if you do work something out, please echo Steam's inclusion of pre-orders AND first week purchases - you'd get my $ right away :p )
  • edited April 2010

Yay for Yare, everyone buy him a copy of Time Gentlemen, Please! to celebrate.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm whipping out my credit card in gleeful anticipation.
  • edited April 2010
    *prepares a proper TF2 salute image to TTG for if this works out*
  • edited April 2010
    <3 always said telltale and valve my fav devs ty guys :D
  • edited April 2010
    I just got confirmation from Mike Dunkle of valve that they're working on a system.
  • edited April 2010
    it looks like something's coming together. Hold off for a bit and we should have news for everyone soon.

oh god i love you guys
  • edited April 2010
    See told ya! Never disappointed! You're the best Telltale!!

(A tad preemptive but I still have faith!)
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks guys, avid tf2 player here.
  • edited April 2010
    I didn't think it was possible but I now love both Valve and Telltale even more.
  • edited April 2010

You and Valve are the bestest EVAR. :D

..well, if this works. But if not, I'll still love you.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    It's looking like we'll be good to go on getting interested Telltale customers the TF2 unlocks for sure. It won't be instant because our site really isn't set up yet to distribute them, but yeah. Feel free to buy from the TTG site and rest assured you'll get a Max head to wear on top of your regular head in TF2 :)
  • edited April 2010
    Screw Max's cranium, It's his pistol I want! Thank you telltale, for diplomatically consulting with Valve!

And I bet you were waiting for that, you got post #100 in this thread. That must be some extreme coincidence.

EDIT: May I declare myself "Page King"?
  • edited April 2010
    Irrational Exuberance!
  • edited April 2010
    Telltale + Valve ARE AN UNSTOPPABLE FORCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. :D
  • edited April 2010
    I agree with NickClick2. I am so used to astonishing customer support from both of them, I never worried for a moment they wouldn't be AWESOME. thanks guys!
  • edited April 2010
    YAY!
    After worrying about this for the last 5 minutes or so I am now both relieved and excited!
    This is a crazy mix of 2 of my favourite serieses. Thank you!

Also I've already managed to play through The Penal Zone and it distracted me from the other stuff I meant to do today. HOORAY!
  • edited April 2010
    It's looking like we'll be good to go on getting interested Telltale customers the TF2 unlocks for sure. It won't be instant because our site really isn't set up yet to distribute them, but yeah. Feel free to buy from the TTG site and rest assured you'll get a Max head to wear on top of your regular head in TF2 :)

Does this apply for people who already pre-ordered then?
  • edited April 2010
    If you can't make it... A free poster print or free shipping or a free glazed donut box for the people who bought the game from TTG store would be equally awesome.

Just saying.
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you. I have been a fan of both TF and S&M for as long as i care to remember so the combination is awesome.
  • edited April 2010
    Have to say, I continue to be blown away by Telltale's staff. They could've easily just ignored the complaints or came back and said there was nothing they could've done about it. Stuff like this is why I have absolutely no problem supporting Telltale (well, ok, the fantastic games have a little to do with it ;) ).

They definitely deserve our love for this.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Does this apply for people who already pre-ordered then?

Yup. Details to be determined.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks a bunch. You guys (and gals) are one of the best game companies around. You always do right by your supporters and you haven't let me down yet.
  • edited April 2010
    I like how this topic went from "WAHHH TELLTALE HATES ITS FANS HOW COULD THEY BETRAY US :mad: :mad:" to "Telltale you're the best company ever and we never doubted you for a second :D :D"

But seriously, thanks for the extra effort guys, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit sad when I found out about the Steam-only deal. I'll wear my Max hat with pride.
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you for coming through for us! This is why you are the greatest developers ever! I thought things were pretty set in stone a few hours ago and really wanted the TF2 items to show off since I play it frequently. I didn't want to delay the offer so I sent my email to cancel to my order already. When I saw that those who order from TTG would get the items as well, I sent another email to cancel my cancellation. Thank you very much Telltale!
  • edited April 2010
    I might buy it a second time. Waste of my money but, that's what you make me do for making such a moronic deal.

Where's my team machine, I must punch my past self in the gonads.
  • edited April 2010
    Yup. Details to be determined.

Just as long as I don't have to agree to any hazing rituals.
  • edited April 2010
    You realize what this means, don't you? It means I'm buying Season 2. Apparently I played it on Gametap and never bought it. Not even sure I finished it, as I'm not recognizing some of the references in Season 3.
  • edited April 2010
    Why wouldn't you finish it on Gametap? Did you cancel your subscription?
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, canceled the subscription. I only got it originally for Myst Online. When they stopped providing that, I stopped playing so much.
  • edited April 2010
    Is it wrong for me to only now want to get Team Fortress 2 in the first place?
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you for your effort Jake. I had a sad face for 10 minutes until I read this thread. I'm currently making the same face as Max when he saw the fully pimped car in Season 2.

Whatever happens, I'll shoot extra any players with Max's hat whether I get one or not.

That's part of the point of making these hats. Read a review or 2 of TF2 before you decide.
  • edited April 2010

I never played or bought TF2.

I have that strangest urge to do so.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.