Sam and Max TF2 Items!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    DarkMatt wrote: »
    I'd say that's the problem, not a lack of RAM - the 360 is more than capable of running TF2 if it's ported properly.

I doubt it has enough RAM. At every point in the game, every class, weapon and item is precached. There's a reason nobody runs the game now with 512MB of RAM.
  • edited April 2010
    ohmygod my hat is only level 56 while others have a level 90 hat ttg are evil i want a refund RAAAGE

:p
    But seriously, thanks Telltale for the hats! They're awesome!
  • edited April 2010
    Wow, that was quick! Thanks Telltale!
  • edited April 2010
    Coconut wrote: »
    There is a handy website that you can check if you have a question similar to this one. You can go to tf2items.com, and type in your Steam ID, profile ID, url, name, ect. in the search bar. It will bring you to your TF2 backpack. If you have received the items, they will show below your backpack in the "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack" position.
    I kiss you ::mwah::

Now I don't have to wonder/worry at all! thank you!
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Hey guys who bought from TTG but want to unlock the TF2 goodies, can you give http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats a try?

Let me know if anything wacky happens... the bad kind of wacky. You getting Max's head as a TF2 unlock is the good kind. Actually, feel free to tell us about that kind, too.

Well, I got a copy of The Penal Zone in my Steam list, is that supposed to happen?
  • edited April 2010
    Well, I got a copy of The Penal Zone in my Steam list, is that supposed to happen?

All the code does is give you The Devil's Playhouse on Steam, and therefore the hats too.
  • edited April 2010
    All the code does is give you The Devil's Playhouse on Steam, and therefore the hats too.

Ohhh, does that mean I lose my Telltale codes?
  • edited April 2010
    No, you just get the game in Steam as well. Enjoy, and don't look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth. :)

-HM
  • edited April 2010
    Hi,
    I just logged in to tell you, Telltale people, that you're awesome.

I really wasn't expecting such a great crossover between a game that I play addictively (TF2) and a series of game that I really appreciate.

Not only you ressurected Monkey Island and Sam & Max, but you also had the good idea to get along well with guys from Steam, allowing two crazy universe to get along

And I'm really happy to get the hat and the guns even after buying the game on the official website. I was really hesitating because i wasn't planning on buy the game on steam, but I wanted the hat so bad... The possibility to get it after a buy on TTG.com really solve a dilemma for me :D

I hope there will be this kind of offer again in the future. There is just so much thing which can be done with such great games ^^
    We absolutely need a monkey hat !!!
  • edited April 2010
    DarkMatt wrote: »
    Don't quote me on it, but I'm almost positive I read about this issue in an interview with one of the guys from Criterion. I'd say that's the problem, not a lack of RAM - the 360 is more than capable of running TF2 if it's ported properly.

If I can't quote you, I'll quote the TF2 Official Blog, from the post Wave goodbye to yer head, wanker
    "The XBox 360 update is still being worked on. If you're wondering what's taking so long, since the content is "done" on the PC already, it's mostly been around fitting it all onto the XBox. The original version of TF2 in the Orange Box was very close to the XBox's memory limit, and all the additional TF2 content we've produced has pushed well beyond it. We've found a couple of nifty ways to get back a bunch of that memory, but it's turned out to be a lot of work, and that's what most of our time is being spent on. In the meantime, we're going to get a code update out to address the server cheating that's going on."

Straight from the developers mouths, the issue is RAM. They can work around it, but it requires a different approach than what they did on the PC.
  • edited April 2010
    figmentPez wrote: »
    If I can't quote you, I'll quote the TF2 Official Blog, from the post Wave goodbye to yer head, wanker
    "The XBox 360 update is still being worked on. If you're wondering what's taking so long, since the content is "done" on the PC already, it's mostly been around fitting it all onto the XBox. The original version of TF2 in the Orange Box was very close to the XBox's memory limit, and all the additional TF2 content we've produced has pushed well beyond it. We've found a couple of nifty ways to get back a bunch of that memory, but it's turned out to be a lot of work, and that's what most of our time is being spent on. In the meantime, we're going to get a code update out to address the server cheating that's going on."

Straight from the developers mouths, the issue is RAM. They can work around it, but it requires a different approach than what they did on the PC.

And this is why I don't buy consoles. When I run out of RAM, I just pop out, buy some more and plug it in.
  • edited April 2010
    @ figmentPez

Well there you go. Straight from the horse's mouth as it were. You learn something new every day.
    My only guess is that what I was describing before was more isolated to Criterion's issues than what Valve is having problems with. I doubt that there is an unworkable issue in getting TF2 updated on 360 - mainly just issues with applying TF2 best to the 360's architecture, but there are indeed massive amounts of data TF2 has to load.

Anyways, thanks for the info!
  • edited April 2010
    WHYYY did I have to buy Metro 2033 when I could've bought this?! I missed Bill's Hat for exact same reason! I'm still going to buy it when I get the money... *serious sad face*
  • edited April 2010
    So, what about us poor unfortunate snipes who ended up with review copies, but no TF2 goodies? :( ;)
  • edited April 2010
    So, what about us poor unfortunate snipes who ended up with review copies, but no TF2 goodies? :( ;)

you got the game for free already. What's there to complain about?
  • edited April 2010
    anyone dont need the code please sell the code to me, thanks (3 in total, for me and my friends)
    just pm me
  • edited April 2010
    ClanLord wrote: »
    anyone dont need the code please sell the code to me, thanks
    I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.
  • edited April 2010
    i mean there are ppl who does not play TF2 at all, why cant they not give away to codes? after all, its their belongings
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.

Definitely not allowed. Once again I will remind everyone that Telltale and Valve went out of our way to make this happen because we love our fans. Please don't backstab us in response.

Thanks! :)
  • edited April 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    Definitely not allowed. Once again I will remind everyone that Telltale and Valve went out of our way to make this happen because we love our fans. Please don't backstab us in response.

Ooh, that post will triple the value of my code!

Nah, just kidding. I really appreciate all the work you guys went through to get us the items while you just as easily could've just called it a Steam exclusive (more easily, actually). Thanks!!

Now if only Gmod wouldn't crash when I spawned the Max hat, I could make some fun pictures :)
  • edited April 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »

I think the problem is that most people don't realize that the code comes with the full game as well. That probably should have been mentioned to reduce this sort of confusion about it "just being hats for a game I don't play, so I can give the code away". Along with a "PLEASE DO NOT GIVE AWAY THE CODE" box on the site that verifies it, with big, bold lettering.

I think most fans buying here respect Telltale. I would chalk up a lot of any code-swapping to ignorance, not trying to cheat the system.
  • edited April 2010
    jb5po9.pngbstab.png
  • edited April 2010
    ok...
    what about trading? will trade you anything under 10 USD from the telltale store
  • edited April 2010
    ok...
    what about trading? will trade you anything under 10 USD from the telltale store
    The code itself comes with a game that is worth $35.
    The code itself shouldn't be given away, sold, or traded for.
    If you want the hats, buy the from either Telltale or Steam. That's the spirit of the program they have running here. As a bonus for people who buy and enjoy the game from either Steam or direct from Telltale.
  • edited April 2010
    Now that we have them in game,when can we get the Max head hats in real life? :D
  • edited April 2010
    im actually curious to know whether will you get the items twice if you buy the game both from steam and telltale?
  • edited April 2010
    If you have the game on Steam you cannot register the code from TTG.
    If you registered the code you cannot buy a second copy on Steam.
  • edited April 2010
    I like them, the fact that only a few people have them though is both disconcerting and making me glad I have a unique item.

Point and Click Mother****er
  • edited April 2010
    are you saying this game can be activated on team? is the code just for the items or it also activate the game on steam.

someone please confirm, thanks
  • edited April 2010
    And I already know somebody who gave away their code. Siiiiiigh.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe I´m a bit ungrateful, but I really didn´t want the episode also in Steam. Since I have all my Telltale games here, I have no use whatsoever for the episode on Steam also. I kinda bugs me to have games in my Steam list that I will not play.

Another fight with Steam support to have them remove unwanted games again then I guess...
  • edited April 2010
    I think the problem is that most people don't realize that the code comes with the full game as well. That probably should have been mentioned to reduce this sort of confusion about it "just being hats for a game I don't play, so I can give the code away". Along with a "PLEASE DO NOT GIVE AWAY THE CODE" box on the site that verifies it, with big, bold lettering.

I think most fans buying here respect Telltale. I would chalk up a lot of any code-swapping to ignorance, not trying to cheat the system.

That was my problem.

I went all the way to actually buy TF2 in Steam and then redeem the code before the friend I gave it (Because I email it and he wasn't see it already), and also told him please not do it. I trust on him and he will not reedeem it, but I'm sure if I redeem it already, he can't, right?

Anyway, probably I will not did that if I knew I can't. But, since I didn't knew it and then suddenly realized, boom! Money to Valve. Thank godness USD$ 19.99 is cheap compared how expensive the video games are in Chile.

Now I'm playing TF2 thanks to you Telltale! Dammit _ _!
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Anyway, probably I will not did that if I knew I can't.

You've been using the future vision too much, your concept of time got entangled! :P

I think you mean, let's see... "I probably wouldn't have done that if I had known I couldn't". Although these day you see "if I would have known" more and more, which was considered a pretty big mistake not so long ago but is used enough that it's probably safe to use now.

Still, the sentence "I probably wouldn't have done that if I had known I couldn't" is a bit weird, but in an awesome way. It almost sounds like you're saying that you did something because you didn't know you couldn't. As in, you started flying because you didn't know you couldn't. Know what I mean? It's all poetic and stuff. Maybe we are limited by our conceptions of...
    Okay, okay, no philosophy then >.>

I think I'd favour "I wouldn't have done it if I had known I wasn't supposed to", but you know, nothing forces you to speak exactly like me.

EDIT: sorry everyone, if you're getting tired of my "lessons". I'm personally enjoying giving them very much :p
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

Now I'm playing TF2 thanks to you Telltale! Dammit _ _!

Good. It's a good game and you should feel good playing it :P

I have to say these items are making me play Spy more, simply so I can use Sam's gun. It's paying off too, I just got the Spy Milestone 3 achievement, and my shiny new Dead Ringer is more suited to a gun and run role.

Having snipers think they've killed me, only for me to appear behind them, AS THEM, and then shooting them in the back is an experience I don't think I'll ever get tired of.
  • edited April 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    and my shiny new Dead Ringer is more suited to a gun and run role.

If you think the current DR is fun, you should've played before it was nerfed.

Keeping 2 soldiers and a Battlemedic busy by STAYING ALIVE for 10 Dead Ring-ings, that was the way to play defensive Spy.
  • edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    You've been using the future vision too much, your concept of time got entangled! :P

Yep. I still believe I can play stuff when I have to study.

And that phrase have sense in Spanish, I think. (I mean, with the correct words). Or at least nobody notice that. Or maybe Chilean Spanish is that weird we already erased the word "supposedly" in that phrase.
    Zonino wrote: »
    Good. It's a good game and you should feel good playing it :P

I have to say these items are making me play Spy more, simply so I can use Sam's gun. It's paying off too, I just got the Spy Milestone 3 achievement, and my shiny new Dead Ringer is more suited to a gun and run role.

Having snipers think they've killed me, only for me to appear behind them, AS THEM, and then shooting them in the back is an experience I don't think I'll ever get tired of.

I'm playing as a Scout or Medic, because I found the Spy way too complex for the moment for me. In fact, I would stick as a Medic, except because I wanna use some of the Items, and, since I feel the Spy is a bit out of my limits as a newbie, the Scout (Max's Gun =P). But today I recovered my first Intelligence. And I ran all the way to the base. That was awesome ^^!
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks. Only for play with this gift i have buyed TF2 on steam and is nice having The Devil Playhouse on steam (but sad to dont have all Sam & Max on steam but im a Telltale fan and i want to buy first on Telltale's site). Again thanks!
  • edited April 2010
    So, I logged into my usual TF2 server yesterday. The one I advertised earlier this thread.

I happened to see a few people from this thread on there. The two that I remember are Pinchpenny (who killed me a lot) and King Lag... er... I mean [TellTale] Jake. (Hope your ISP's connection is more stable later. Mine is now, but after my ISP last changed who they linked with, it was pretty bad for several weeks.)

I found that slightly amusing.

Anyway, I'm going to say thanks again for making it so those of us who preordered get the items.

I added them to my collection, equipped the two weapons on my Scoot and Spy, and the hat on my Scoot, Pyro, and Medic.
  • edited April 2010
    are you saying this game can be activated on team? is the code just for the items or it also activate the game on steam.

someone please confirm, thanks

Okay, once and for all, here's how it works. The code activates a copy of The Penal Zone (and possibly the rest of Season 3, we don't know yet) on Steam, effectively giving people who purchased from Telltale both copies of the game. If someone were to give their code to someone else, they would also be giving them a Steam copy of the game, effectively ripping off $35 from Telltale every time it happens. Telltale is doing a supremely awesome thing here by trusting its customers not to do this, and I like to think we deserve that trust.

I know I'm a few hours late doing this, but I haven't seen it explained as clearly as this in a while, so hopefully it'll help.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm honestly surprised that they put this much trust in their consumer base still. I mean, they're bigger now, they have a lot more customers now, and with Tales of Monkey Island they were at the top of the Steam best-sellers list for ages. I'm amazed that this has actually ended up leading to really cool things between episodes. I'm amazed at the selfishness and entitled nature of many users on these forums, but I'm also really grateful at the fact that Telltale went the extra mile to do these things for us. These are things which they never had to do, which we aren't entitled to, and which wouldn't have left us ripped off if they hadn't done these things.

I hope most people realize that what we've had done for us here is a developer that has done something Super Awesome and gone the extra mile for its fans, and not a company that was slow in fixing something that "should have been mine in the first place".

This kind of behavior on the part of the company is commendable and commands respect on the part of the community. The community's response to various things lately is...something less than that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.