Sam and Max TF2 Items!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    So the Max hat is a decorative hat, the scout weapon (max's gun) fires really fast, and then sam's weapon is a new weapon skin? Do they do anything different?

It's cool to have em though. I feel fantastic wearing half of max's head on my own head when mowing down the other team.
  • edited April 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    So the Max hat is a decorative hat, the scout weapon (max's gun) fires really fast, and then sam's weapon is a new weapon skin? Do they do anything different?

It's cool to have em though. I feel fantastic wearing half of max's head on my own head when mowing down the other team.

The Big Kill is the Spy's revolver reskinned and has the same stats according to TF2 wiki. The same guys say the Lugermorph is exactly like the pistol, but it's an automatic so it's based on the Sniper's SMG I guess.

Best Telltale promo yet!!
  • edited April 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    I don't begrudge people for wanting something cool, but this entire topic has been a massive "me" fest. As far as I can tell, until I started posting, not a single person even offered something in return for wanting these items. It was all want want want. So in the end, the TTG preorders still get their unique items AND the new items, while the Steam preorders, who still support TTG by preordering, get the Steam items, and then watch as the TTG people also get the Steam items despite not ordering from Steam.
    The trick to this is, why should TTG preorderers have to give something back? They've purchased their game in a fashion that gives TTG more money than they would had they bought it on Steam. It is in TTG's best interest (and clearly they agree through all the extra work they've done to make this all work out) to not punish people for buying the game in a way that gets them more money.
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you Telltale. You and Valve are two incredible companies with amazing artistic vision and innovation. I'm a huge fan of the work of both campanies and the cross promotion you guys have done have been very enjoyable. Thank so much for ironing out the problems with the preorder mess so quickly too.

Seems to be a lot of hate going on with the TF2 community over this though. I got heckled from people over the purchased, being accused of buying the hats alone and people saying the games suck.

Other people have been buying the games and saying they will never play them. (But Telltale benefits from their stupidity in this case).

On the plus side I met a nice kid who bought the games for the hat but tried the first episode and said he enjoyed it so it has caused some new fans to the series, which is nice. Obviously the TF2 has been enjoying this new found interest on their end as well, judging from the boards here. Overall this has been a huge success.

One last question: I notice people using a website called TF2items.com. I tried looking up the items I have but had no luck finding anything. Do I need to download something to have my items show up? How does it work?
  • edited April 2010
    I just bought the game here and I did it no for the hat. Does the code really do what steam just told me. Did it give me the whole season on steam too. That is so awesome!

Thank you telltale
  • edited April 2010
    FireAza wrote: »
    TF2 is an awesome game with lots of value. I'd pay like $200 for it :D

Send me a check for $100 and I'll give you a 50% off sale!
  • edited April 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    The same guys say the Lugermorph is exactly like the pistol, but it's an automatic so it's based on the Sniper's SMG I guess.

The pistol IS automatic, and has been for at least half a year now.
  • edited April 2010
    As much as I love the items, I won't be using either of the guns, since I already use Bonk and the Ambassador. The hat, on the other hand... Well, I'm cosplaying the BLU spy this fall, and I swear, I will make a Max hat for the costume. And there will be pictures.
  • edited April 2010
    Telltale and Valve, I love you guys. Seriously thanks!
  • edited April 2010
    I conveniently had a tf2 lan party today, so I was able to play with my new items. Least to say, I had fun being a moron being spy rushing in and blindly shooting people with Sam's Revolver and Max's head.
  • edited April 2010
    Amazing! Much love to both Telltale and Valve! I play TF2 and was a little bummed I wouldn't be getting the hats but really happy to see everybody wins!

Thanks again!
  • edited April 2010
    This is why I love Telltale. Thanks so much for solving this issue! :D
  • edited April 2010
    yes yes I have the items too incase it works but until then

[sparkled eyes cute 4 year old] Pwease telltale create this as a DLC for the xbox(and PS3 I guess) users and pwahaps cweate a code like you did with this.[/sparkled eyes cute 4 year old]
  • edited April 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    yes yes I have the items too incase it works but until then

[sparkled eyes cute 4 year old] Pwease telltale create this as a DLC for the xbox(and PS3 I guess) users and pwahaps cweate a code like you did with this.[/sparkled eyes cute 4 year old]
    in case you didn't realize tf2 has not had one piece of dlc on consoles since launch
  • edited April 2010
    in case you didn't realize tf2 has not had one piece of dlc on consoles since launch

I noticed but as of right now my only options are
    A. see if a relative will let me install TF2 on their computer
    B. the dlc

Personally i might go with the relative one because I know a relative who loves TF2 but cant afford it at all(sad I know) and I visit a lot but still DLC.
  • edited April 2010
    The updates aren't on the 360 because the 360 itself doesn't have enough processing power. Also, Microsoft would make it piad DLC. And you'd have to buy it to continue playing.
  • edited April 2010
    Plus the PS3/360 doesn't even have the TF2 drop system, backpack or any other items...
  • edited April 2010
    The pistol IS automatic, and has been for at least half a year now.

....not on my game :confused:
  • edited April 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    ....not on my game :confused:

You ARE playing it on the PC right? The pistol was made, not automatic but auto fire if you hold down the mouse key. This was because people were using macros to do crazy things like fire an entire clip in a split second. As you could imagine that got silly.
  • edited April 2010
    The updates aren't on the 360 because the 360 itself doesn't have enough processing power. Also, Microsoft would make it piad DLC. And you'd have to buy it to continue playing.

Actually, according to an older blog entry the XBox's lack of updates was because of a lack of memory (which is partly because of the other 4 games on the disc).
  • edited April 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    You ARE playing it on the PC right? The pistol was made, not automatic but auto fire if you hold down the mouse key. This was because people were using macros to do crazy things like fire an entire clip in a split second. As you could imagine that got silly.

I just went and tried it out and realised i'm a complete clown. I'd been spamming my left mouse button for ages!!
  • CP`CP`
    edited April 2010
    Thanks a lot TellTale. I woke up this morning to complain about not getting the tf2 items after pre-ordering from you guys and then it turned out you were nice enough to hook us all up. This just shows me that your company is even better than I thought it was and I will definitely continue buying your games straight from you guys and gals.
  • edited April 2010
    hey [TTG] guys, question: Do I have to sign in to TF2 before April 24 to get the bonus items?

I'm finding myself between computers at the moment; specifically, between my old busted PC and my new shiny Mac. The Steam Mac client hasn't been released yet, and I can't boot up games on my old PC (fried graphics card).

I _could_ run over to my friend's house, install steam, sign in as myself, install TF2, and then get the items, but it is, how you say, the big hassle.

If I don't play/sign in to TF2 until after April 24th, will the bonus items still be waiting for me when I eventually DO get to play it?
  • edited April 2010
    If you can just boot up Steam to redeem your code on your PC then you should be fine. You don't need to enter the game or anything, just redeem the code if you bought direct from Telltale. If you got S&M off Steam then you need to do nothing and can jsut kick back in your favourite easy-chair
  • edited April 2010
    He said he's between computers and his old PC isn't working.

I assume you can wait since it's simply a product key. It can probably be entered anytime up and until Valve decides to pull the plug on the Steam service.

-HM
  • edited April 2010
    Well, I assume you HAVE to use the code before April 24, but wheter or not you need to activate them in TF2... no idea.

I don't have TF2, so if I buy it in the future, I get the Max-hat, right?
  • edited April 2010
    The web page at:

http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats

...says you simply have to order the game from Telltale by April 23. It doesn't say anything about when you have to redeem the code via Steam.

-HM
  • edited April 2010
    Soup wrote: »
    If I don't play/sign in to TF2 until after April 24th, will the bonus items still be waiting for me when I eventually DO get to play it?

As long as you activate the code you don't need to start TF2 or The Penal Zone.
    They will wait for you but you have to die in tf2 once to make them "drop" once you are ready to get them.
  • edited April 2010
    Now i have all games at least twice. AGAIN.

Nice! Not really useful, but nice! I like to have things twice! :D
  • edited April 2010
    thanks for the helpful replies, guys! I went ahead and entered the activation code from my old computer (it runs Windows, Firefox, Steam client, just fine; it just crashes if I try to open any games ::sigh::) into Steam, so hopefully that's enough.

If/when the Mac Steam client comes out, I look forward to seeing y'all online and getting slaughtered by you!
  • edited April 2010
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Actually, according to an older blog entry the XBox's lack of updates was because of a lack of memory (which is partly because of the other 4 games on the disc).

You're confusing system memory (RAM) with storage (optical media and hard drives). The memory constraints that Valve is struggling with on the Xbox 360 are because it has only 512MB of RAM, which is shared by main memory and graphics. (Contrast that with a high-end gaming PC, which can have 512MB or more on the graphics card alone, and the minimum requirements for the PC version is 512MB of RAM for main memory alone). This RAM limitation has nothing to do with other games on the Orange Box disc.

There are other factors that have kept TF2 updates off of the 360 as well, mainly that MS wants to charge for them, and Valve doesn't want to nickel and dime players with partial updates that may never be fully realized because of RAM limitations.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks TTG, you are the best!
  • edited April 2010
    Soup wrote: »
    hey [TTG] guys, question: Do I have to sign in to TF2 before April 24 to get the bonus items?

I'm finding myself between computers at the moment; specifically, between my old busted PC and my new shiny Mac. The Steam Mac client hasn't been released yet, and I can't boot up games on my old PC (fried graphics card).

I _could_ run over to my friend's house, install steam, sign in as myself, install TF2, and then get the items, but it is, how you say, the big hassle.

There is a handy website that you can check if you have a question similar to this one. You can go to tf2items.com, and type in your Steam ID, profile ID, url, name, ect. in the search bar. It will bring you to your TF2 backpack. If you have received the items, they will show below your backpack in the "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack" position.
  • edited April 2010
    Coconut wrote: »
    There is a handy website that you can check if you have a question similar to this one. You can go to tf2items.com, and type in your Steam ID, profile ID, url, name, ect. in the search bar. It will bring you to your TF2 backpack. If you have received the items, they will show below your backpack in the "The following items were found but not yet placed in the backpack" position.

You've linked us to your backpack by the way.

You clearly need more Ubersaws.
  • edited April 2010
    Thank you for arranging this TellTale! Just redeemed the code and walking around TF2 with my new hat :) As much as I like Steam, I always buy TTG games directly from this site.
  • edited April 2010
    This was really awesome of you guys to do; just wanted to drop a line and say thanks!
  • edited April 2010
    figmentPez wrote: »
    You're confusing system memory (RAM) with storage (optical media and hard drives). The memory constraints that Valve is struggling with on the Xbox 360 are because it has only 512MB of RAM, which is shared by main memory and graphics. (Contrast that with a high-end gaming PC, which can have 512MB or more on the graphics card alone, and the minimum requirements for the PC version is 512MB of RAM for main memory alone). This RAM limitation has nothing to do with other games on the Orange Box disc.

There are other factors that have kept TF2 updates off of the 360 as well, mainly that MS wants to charge for them, and Valve doesn't want to nickel and dime players with partial updates that may never be fully realized because of RAM limitations.

Ah, that makes more sense. I knew it was a RAM issue, but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me that a modern console wouldn't have a decent amount of it. I just assumed that it had to do with the individual games being all grouped into one big game, but I guess the 360 just really doesn't have that much RAM.
  • edited April 2010
    Coconut wrote: »

Grrrr, I want that Texas Ten Gallon soooooo bad....

My hat collection is quite pitiful in comparison.

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197985388656
  • edited April 2010
    My hat collection is quite pitiful in comparison.

Bow down to the might of my 6 hats, 1 misc and 5 event hats!
  • edited April 2010
    From what I understand, MS allows something like 8mb of title updates per game. For example, when new maps for Halo 3 come out, the maps are accompanied by a title update to tell the game where to find the new maps etc.

Valve releases lots and lots of updates for their games, and the 8mb title update is simply not enough for TF2. Add to that the issue with MS liking to charge for DLC and Valve wanting to give it away (a problem the Burnout Paradise team came across), and it's more trouble that it's worth.

Don't quote me on it, but I'm almost positive I read about this issue in an interview with one of the guys from Criterion. I'd say that's the problem, not a lack of RAM - the 360 is more than capable of running TF2 if it's ported properly.

Back on topic, my Max hat is awesomeness. Got me playing TF2 again, and I'm seeing lots of Max hats running around :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.