The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Avistew isn't related to ether the video format nor stew. It's my name (Alice Vigeral-Stewart).

I'm not very good at the whole "anonymity" thing.

It's the Telltale forums, I think you're pretty safe.

But I guess knowing your whole name will allow people to report you for stalking more easily.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    After 9 days? Far out, I've never been quite that bad! How did you even do that, large game download?

Basically, for one of them, I downloaded all of the Telltale Games again, Portal, and every episode of the Chasers (legally) season 2
  • edited May 2010
    Ah, Chaser's War on Everything was a great show! But I stopped watching after the sick kids skit, that's when they went just a little too far. Everything before that was gold! Even the 'Everyone's a Good Bloke After Death' song. That was offensive but undeniably hilarious :D (apart from maybe one or two lines).
  • edited May 2010
    Don't kill me, but I laughed at the Make A Realistic Wish Foundation. It seemed harmless to me.
    Nurse: What wish do you have, Timmy?
    Sick Kid: I want to meet Zac Effron
    Nurse: Well, we can't do that, but, tell you what, how about we give you this nice stick instead?

The only bit of that skit I didn't like was "Why go to any trouble, when they're only going to die anyway?"

I wish that skit was on the DVD... the rest of season 3 was gold, you should watch it.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah, Chaser's War on Everything was a great show! But I stopped watching after the sick kids skit, that's when they went just a little too far. Everything before that was gold! Even the 'Everyone's a Good Bloke After Death' song. That was offensive but undeniably hilarious :D (apart from maybe one or two lines).

Totally agree that was just a horribly rude and offensive skit
  • edited May 2010
    The part that you quoted was the only part that I found slightly funny.
    The only bit of that skit I didn't like was "Why go to any trouble, when they're only going to die anyway?"

Yeah, that was the worst part of the whole thing.
    I wish that skit was on the DVD... the rest of season 3 was gold, you should watch it.

Don't you mean "wasn't"?

Okay then, I might give it a go then, because I did enjoy season three up until previously-said-moment.
  • edited May 2010
    i got the dvd for my birthday... GOLD :D
  • edited May 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    Totally agree that was just a horribly rude and offensive skit

Yeah. I just hate to think what people actually experiencing serious illness, or their families, must have thought of the skit. I really don't think that the Chaser had to stoop so low. I know that it's called the Chaser's War on Everything, but there is a line eventually.

I still appreciate everything else that the Chaser did, though.
  • edited May 2010
    I still appreciate everything else that the Chaser did, though.

One word. Or, er, acronym.
    APEC

Didn't hear me? I said
    APEC
  • edited May 2010
    i got the dvd for my birthday... GOLD :D

Just a question. There isn't anything as bad as the sick kids skit for the rest of the season, is there?
  • edited May 2010
    One word. Or, er, acronym.
    APEC

Didn't hear me? I said
    APEC

APEC, Or EPIC? That was one of the greatest moments in television history. If they didn't willingly exit the car, I think they could have gotten a lot further... but then they would've probably been arrested.
  • edited May 2010
    definitely
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    APEC, Or EPIC? That was one of the greatest moments in television history. If they didn't willingly exit the car, I think they could have gotten a lot further... but then they would've probably been arrested.

Eh? Chas Licciardello, Julian Morrow and 9 crew members WERE arrested over the APEC stunt.

It was brilliant, one of the best things they ever did... I have so much love for The Chaser.
  • edited May 2010
    no, they were tried. i heard.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh yes, that's right. They were arrested. I think I meant to say 'thrown in prison'. Yeah, absolutely the best thing, it's what they'll be remembered for in years to come. I also really liked their musical parodies such as 'Stairway to Kevin' and their fake commercials for fake products like 'The Complete Walks of John Howard'. Great stuff, I do miss it.
    edited May 2010
    Great stuff, I do miss it.

Me too. Now I'm all nostalgic for 2007 Wednesday nights on the ABC. Spicks and Specks, Summer Heights High and The Chaser's War on Everything... those were the days. :)
  • edited May 2010
    I had never heard of that show before.
  • edited May 2010
    I had never heard of that show before.

It's an Australian show. It was never broadcast anywhere else. The Highway and I have seen it because we, of course, are residents of the country. And I think that Puzzlebox has seen it because she lived here once... I think.
  • edited May 2010
    I've seen it, and I've never stepped foot in OZ, so nyah. :p (...an Aussie friend of mine sent it, but never mind that)
  • edited May 2010
    Just out of interest, how did you like it? (You are referring to the show yes, not just the stunt?)
    edited May 2010
    It's an Australian show. It was never broadcast anywhere else.

It has been broadcast in other countries, albeit with the Australia-specific content chopped out, and probably not in prime-time slots. Wikipedia lists a bunch of them, and I saw it a couple of times on TV here in the UK.
    And I think that Puzzlebox has seen it because she lived here once... I think.

Only for most of my life. :p
    Just out of interest, how did you like it?

I'm curious about this too, it's rare to find anyone outside of Australia who knows and/or cares about The Chaser.
  • edited May 2010
    @Hayden: I love it. It reminds me of a mix between Whitest Kids U Know and Improv Everywhere.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm about to start my webcomic again, just because the first part is horrible developed. And maybe this time I could start it in English as well. Who knows =P
  • edited May 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    @Hayden: I love it. It reminds me of a mix between Whitest Kids U Know and Improv Everywhere.

I haven't actually seen either of those shows. I might have to check 'em out if you say that the Chaser reminds you of them. Would you recommend them?
  • edited May 2010
    improv everywhere isnt a show. its an awesome
  • edited May 2010
    Wait, were they responsible for the 'hundreds-of-people-freeze-at-a-specific-time-stunt'?
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, that's them. And yeah, I highly recommend Whitest Kids U Know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck-dkBf-T9I

(mild language)
  • edited May 2010
    improv everywhere isnt a show. its an awesome

Indeed!

I especially like their Spontaneous Musicals and No Pants Subway rides.
  • edited May 2010
    Nicely done in here guys/ girls lol.
  • edited May 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Yeah, that's them. And yeah, I highly recommend Whitest Kids U Know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck-dkBf-T9I

(mild language)

Yea Whitest Kids You Know is a great show, my friend told me about it and I started watching there stuff online about 2 years ago really funny stuff.

Also about the Chasers Apec stunt, So funny how they got so far with "insecurity tags"
  • edited May 2010
    I was wandering around my garden tonight when I thought to myself... If night bugs are attracted to light, why don't they come out at day?
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew isn't related to ether the video format nor stew. It's my name (Alice Vigeral-Stewart).

I'm not very good at the whole "anonymity" thing.

You're telling me.
  • edited May 2010
    Um, yeah. I just googled my name and a link directly to me was the very first thing that came up.

Anonymity fail.
  • edited May 2010
    I tried that once, my name is not as unique as I would have believed four years ago.
  • edited May 2010
    Strangely enough when I searched facebook, I found loads of other people that had my exact same name. Including middle name. Which is weird because I have a very rare middle name.
  • edited May 2010
    Sadly, there is no one with my name except me. At least not any I can find on the internet. So I never use my full name, when I can help it, because it only goes to me and my immediate family. Pretty scary and awful actually. :(

I always try to login to those sites and change my info, to say I'm like 62 and live in Nevada or something.
  • edited May 2010
    *ahem* Warning, this post contains a bunch of caps as it contains excited yelling:

ULTRAMAN IS AWESOME!!!!!

That is all
  • edited May 2010
    FREEDOM!!!!!!

mel-gibson-braveheart-photograph-c101019223.jpg

-
    -
    Remolay wrote: »
    *ahem* Warning, this post contains a bunch of caps as it contains excited yelling:

ULTRAMAN IS AWESOME!!!!!

That is all

I know who Ultraman is, I know Ultraman Seven, Leo, Taro, Tiga, Dyna, etc
  • edited May 2010
    Jenny wrote: »
    Sadly, there is no one with my name except me. At least not any I can find on the internet. So I never use my full name, when I can help it, because it only goes to me and my immediate family. Pretty scary and awful actually. :(

But see it the other way: you're unique!

I'm almost 100% sure that the only two people with my last name are my husband and me. Nobody else. And that's awesome! We are our own microcosm. We're our own dynasty! Well, a dynasty of just two people, but still!

Even before I got married, my last name wasn't very common so I was probably the only person with that specific full name, although I might not have been. Still, in Paris, the only people with my last name were my parents, my brothers and me.
  • edited May 2010
    I have the most generic name I could think of. To me. And I hate it, because every time I mention my last name, my friends are like, "And that's your future career, isn't it?" and it gets so annoying!

3 guesses what my last name is (Fury is banned due to his 1337 stalking skills)
This discussion has been closed.