The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    The colours on my Windows icons:

Attachment not found.

Microsoft hates a bit of consistency.
  • edited May 2010
    Once I was told one of my good qualities was, everytime I was defeated, I came back fighting stronger than the last time.
  • edited May 2010
    According to my Anime knowledge, that means that you are a Saiyan.

The Saiyans when ever defeated (or brought to near death whatever) heal back more powerful than they were before.

I really shouldn't be treating Saiyans as if they were real
  • edited May 2010
    According to my Anime Knowledge, Saiyans came back been stronger than before. I come back fighting stronger than before but not been stronger than before by any means.

And, anyway, Saiyans had a better Martial Training than me =P
  • edited May 2010
    I just tried feeding my goldfish lettuce. They were completely dissinterested. Oh well, I'll try a different vegetable next week.
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN, you are right. Your anime knowledge is greater than mine.

but in the saiyans defense again, they kinda have to fight stronger if they are stronger
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    GinnyN, you are right. Your anime knowledge is greater than mine.

but in the saiyans defense again, they kinda have to fight stronger if they are stronger

Actually, if you're stronger you can get away with fighting less hard.
  • edited May 2010
    I believe my skull is on my mind... (Oh. Did someone already make that joke?)
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Actually, if you're stronger you can get away with fighting less hard.

Pft... Like they want to fight less hard.

as for on my mind: There is some sort of Decency society thing that says that the Grawlix (#@$%, ****, Whatever) is indecent. That is there to avoid indecency!

seriously, What the what?
  • edited May 2010
    What's on my mind is: what's a saiyan? My anime knowledge is definitely not up to par. Unless it involves FullMetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Death Note.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm thinking about how good my dad's roast chicken is
  • edited May 2010
    My anime collection consists of the complete Excel Saga anime (which I can't ever seen to get past volume 2 of), volumes 1-15 and 17 of the Excel Saga manga, and the five volumes of the Comic Party manga. Everything else I've read or watched I've borrowed. Right now I have a shelf on my bookshelf that's got 26 issues of Shonen Jump, two boxed sets, and one manga volume, most of which I never even asked to borrow.

Good thing I have friends who are more heavily interested in anime and have deeper pockets than I do.
  • edited May 2010
    i cant stand anime or manga.
  • edited May 2010
    I used to really dislike anime and manga too, but it has such a variety that almost anyone could find one or two that they would really enjoy. I was reading some essay (I wish I could remember the link) from someone at MIT I think, explaining how anime/manga shows a different side to the Japanese human condition than Japan may wish to portray to the world (in a good way).
  • edited May 2010
    My sister gave me a piece of that new Stride Shift gum to try. I have to say...it's pretty nasty.
  • edited May 2010
    Stride gum itself is pretty nasty. The flavor does not last very long because there is almost no flavor to begin with.
    What's on my mind is: what's a saiyan?

DragonBall Z, the race that the protagonist (Goku) belongs to

oh hey, I can edit posts from two years ago.
  • edited May 2010
    Do I study, play the Longest Journey, or remain on the forums?...
  • edited May 2010
    For my Generation, know about Dragon Ball is almost common culture.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Do I study, play the Longest Journey, or remain on the forums?...
    The first is the smartest, the second the most fun, and the third is the most likely.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    The first is the smartest, the second the most fun, and the third is the most likely.

Wow! You are right, my friend. I'm still here.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm enjoying playing Chrono Trigger. That doesn't seem surprising on the surface but I've never really been able to get into any JRPG before (though to be honest I haven't tried many either). But I had heard good things about this game so I stuck it into my rental list a while ago and now I've got it. I even think I may actually complete it, at least once anyway.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm enjoying playing Chrono Trigger. That doesn't seem surprising on the surface but I've never really been able to get into any JRPG before (though to be honest I haven't tried many either). But I had heard good things about this game so I stuck it into my rental list a while ago and now I've got it. I even think I may actually complete it, at least once anyway.

Which version are you playing - SNES, PSX, or DS? And just so you know, only completing the game once kinda diminishes its purpose. The game was designed with multiple playthroughs in mind; there are a lot of different endings to find once you've completed the game at least once.
  • edited May 2010
    DS. And I figured that there would be some incentive for multiple playthroughs, but this is only a rental and I've got a load more games in my rental list to try. I might buy it if I like it enough.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah the D.S. version.
    Warning, real Chrono Trigger spoiler
    I really thing it's cooler in the SNES one when Magus says "You got whacked cuz you're weak" or something like that
  • edited May 2010
    Apparently if I work at it I can get a job in designing inspirational slogans and quotes.
  • edited May 2010
    I just found out that Ichigo Kurosaki was a Power Ranger.

Not making it up
  • edited May 2010
    I really can't seem to figure out where I should post this:

mnr_stinkoman_thumb.jpg
    mnr_max_thumb.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I just found out that Ichigo Kurosaki was a Power Ranger.

Not making it up

I knew he was Vash the Stampede, but I'd forgotten that he also did Ichigo. Yep, he was the second black ranger. You know, once they realized they couldn't get away with having a black guy as the black ranger and an Asian girl as the yellow ranger so they reversed it.
  • edited May 2010
    Are you calling him an asian girl?
  • edited May 2010
    Would it be better if I'd said they reversed the races but kept the genders?
  • edited May 2010
    yes. I just don't think Ichigo has a feminine voice, although he does have a feminine name

You know, I remember second yellow ranger, but not the second black or red ranger. I still remember the first for those and didn't remember the first yellow ranger.

how'd I manage that
  • edited May 2010
    I remember way more about Power Rangers than I should, considering that I haven't started re-watching it yet. It went something like this:

Red - Jason
    Blue - Billy
    Black - Zach
    Yellow - Trini
    Pink - Kimberly

Green - Tommy

Tommy - Green -> White

Red - Jason -> Rocky
    Black - Zach -> Adam
    Yellow - Trini -> Aisha

Pink - Kimberly -> Kat

And that's just the first series/first three seasons. The only changes for the next season were that Blue left, Red became Blue, White became Red, Black became Green, and Tanya replaced Aisha. Then Turbo started and Rocky left and got replaced as Blue by a 12 year old named Justin. Then halfway through Turbo they replaced everyone but Justin (with T.J., Carlos, Ashley, and Cassie). Then after that season everyone but Justin went into space and got new powers and the new red ranger, Andros, bumped T.J. down to blue. And after that, I stopped caring because Lost Galaxy was dumb.

Now why am I so bad at history?
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »

HAHA, what an astute comment.
  • edited May 2010
    Jenny wrote: »
    HAHA, what an astute comment.

It was brilliant, wasn't it? I thought it was great!
  • edited May 2010
    I just read the Cake vs Pie thread, so cake. :p
  • edited May 2010
    I'm getting super bored of seeing this all the time:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1536&stc=1&d=1274975080

Note: actual image may have been edited a tiny bit

But im never bored of this:

scarface.png
  • edited May 2010
    I'm thinking now that The Highway has proposed a challenge...
  • edited May 2010
    "loyal fans betrayed, the graphics issue" sounds like the name of an episode to some Cyberspace anime show
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    It was brilliant, wasn't it? I thought it was great!

Indeed!

When it comes to Pie and/or Cake, I think I like pie better (only because cake tends to have tons of buttercream everywhere - and although I like buttercream in moderation, it always turns into modern art on my plate).
  • edited May 2010
    Jenny wrote: »
    Indeed!

When it comes to Pie and/or Cake, I think I like pie better (only because cake tends to have tons of buttercream everywhere - and although I like buttercream in moderation, it always turns into modern art on my plate).

What's buttercream? I'm sure I've never had that in a cake. Is that like the frosting they put everywhere in North America? I never by cakes here because they cover it with stuff. I want cake, not frosting! If I wanted frosting on my cake I'd say so!
This discussion has been closed.