The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited May 2010
    It is an in joke. Your post confused me. Go research paddy ashdown some more. And if you don't find anything, it's probably because you aren't worthy yet.
  • edited May 2010
    darnit, post deleted :D
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah... If there's something going on in that thread, I have no idea what the hell it is. And if I'm making a fool of myself in there...I don't care. Creating random nonsense is fun.
  • edited May 2010
    According to what I can see of your posts, you understand it fine. You've got the inside joke down! If you have no idea, just keep doing what you're doing!
  • edited May 2010
    darnit, post deleted :D

I'm so glad we have the ability to do that, haha!
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, forget it...
  • edited May 2010
    Forget what?
  • edited May 2010
    I was going to apologize to the guy in the maniac mansion thread some how but I just decided to exit the thread gracefully and give it some time.
  • edited May 2010
    riiiiiiight...
  • edited May 2010
    doodo! wrote: »

Oh no, you're kidding. I've known of dogs named Yoda by their owners, but I don't see why anybody would even think of naming their daughter that.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Oh no, you're kidding. I've known of dogs named Yoda by their owners, but I don't see why anybody would even think of naming their daughter that.

I do things for a good laugh.:)
  • edited May 2010
    whoever asked that is messed up inna head
  • edited May 2010

A girl in one of my classes was named Yoda. So it happens.
  • edited May 2010
    I asked it.

I rest my case
  • edited May 2010
    I asked it.

Haha, oh okay. Good thing I didn't go any further with what I said before. That could've turned ugly :).
  • edited May 2010
    Haha, oh okay. Good thing I didn't go any further with what I said before. That could've turned ugly :).

I went further... i basically said "doodo! is messed up inna head"... :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    Jenny wrote: »
    A girl in one of my classes was named Yoda. So it happens.

I knew a guy who was about my age named 'Adolph.' No joke. Was a cool guy, but I could never understand why his mom would name him that.

No one pronounced the 'L' at least, though. Not that it helped much lol.
  • edited May 2010
    What's wrong with Adolph? I know guys called that (or, rather, Adolphe, which is the French equivalent).
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    What's wrong with Adolph? I know guys called that (or, rather, Adolphe, which is the French equivalent).

Ummmmmmmmmm.... Really? lol. Nothing I guess, I just thought it was strange.

I mean, you know.... The German guy... and all...

That's the only Adolph I've ever met.... But I guess it could be short for Adolpho. But then why not just call him Adolpho?
  • edited May 2010
    That name is so innocent, yet unfortunately attributed to a mass murderer and possible homosexual... so sad... (again, i dont have anything against gays, just saying ;p)
  • edited May 2010
    I don't have anything against Germans... So maybe you've got a point there...

Still... Kind of awkward for me, until I got used to it.
  • edited May 2010
    Adolphe is a fairly common, if somewhat dated name. Existed long before Hitler. I guess it's good his name wasn't Jack or Bill if everyone with the same first name has to bear the consequences of what he did :p

But I guess I get your point, one of my brother's friends' name is Ossama, after 9/11 and stuff people always made the link, which would be pretty annoying. But Ossama's much rarer than Adolphe in Western countries.

Also, I've never heard of "Adolpho" as a name. And Hitler's first name was Adolf.
  • edited May 2010
    Im thinking about all the weird things on yahoo answers
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    If you have issues with the name Adolph, wouldn't you also be weirded out by people named Benito, Joseph, or Kim?

Don't forget Napoleon!

Mh... I guess there aren't a lot of people named Napoleon nowadays.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Don't forget Napoleon!

Mh... I guess there aren't a lot of people named Napoleon nowadays.

There's this guy!

B000056H2B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And this one:

napoleon_dynamite_verdvd.jpg

Reclaiming the name Napoleon for cute and/or funny.
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    There's this guy!

B000056H2B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This guy was such a dictator. Man, I hate him!
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder if the name Napoleon is related to the name Leon and/or to Napoli.
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder if the name avistew is related to the file format .avi and the word stew?
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder if the name Highway is related to a main strip of road...
  • edited May 2010
    I'm wondering how I suddenly have more posts then Hayden?
  • edited May 2010
    Just recently,I heard this boy was called "Graham".. well I first thought of crackers.
  • edited May 2010
    I've been thinking to how to get the tickets of Roger Waters's The Wall concerts next year
  • edited May 2010
    I'm wondering how I suddenly have more posts then Hayden?

Not going over your month's download limit in 20 days usually helps.
  • edited May 2010
    huh? you mean you havent posted much because you went over your limit, or what?
  • edited May 2010
    Prettymuch. You have no idea how slowly it takes for some of the pages to load once you're over the limit, getting from thread to thread is gruelling. Also, it's hard to comment on the new MI screenshots and videos when they don't load :). Do you feel my pain? :D
  • edited May 2010
    yes, ive done that 3 times this year, usually after about 9 days

it's the worst!
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew isn't related to ether the video format nor stew. It's my name (Alice Vigeral-Stewart).

I'm not very good at the whole "anonymity" thing.
  • edited May 2010
    After 9 days? Far out, I've never been quite that bad! How did you even do that, large game download?
This discussion has been closed.