The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Is your first name Josh or Matthew or Luke?

And, as for your last name... I really don't know.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Is your first name Josh or Matthew or Luke?

And, as for your last name... I really don't know.

nope :p
  • edited May 2010
    Dylan? Jonathon? Timothy? Mohammed?
  • edited May 2010
    It starts with a J
  • edited May 2010
    Jim? Joe? Jack? Jay? Jeremy? Jerry? Jarred? Joel? Jesse? Jacob?
  • edited May 2010
    Jim? Joe? Jack? Jay? Jeremy? Jerry? Jarred? Joel? Jesse? Jacob?

Last name starts with B
  • edited May 2010
    Baker? Bauer?
  • edited May 2010
    Be mindful of your thoughts and feelings, they radiate to others, they affect others. Personal space, individuality, self absorption are all socially constructed terms, how you feel, how you act affects everyone you ever cross/ connect to. These terms are inward, false.We're connected.

How you feel and think affects others for a life time. We have to be open but mindful to those closest to us. We must even be aware how strangers vibrate in this universe.

We're all connected, what you say, how you act, how you feel, affects others, we must be aware, we can't be selfish, we can't be inward, we must be aware.

We are all received from the source with the power to change our reality as well as the reality of others. We are in constant motion but in-sync with others.

We are all part of the same vibrations and waves in the universe.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Baker? Bauer?

Surely this is right, yes?
  • edited May 2010
    Surely this is right, yes?

No. It goes B_ _ _ e r
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, hangman! Can I have an X? :D
  • edited May 2010
    (Fury is banned due to his 1337 stalking skills)

Ugh, don't remind me...
  • edited May 2010
    No. It goes B_ _ _ e r

Barber
  • edited May 2010
    Broker? Butler?
  • edited May 2010
    Bowzer?
  • edited May 2010
    burger?
  • edited May 2010
    BENDER

bender.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    I woke up approximately 18 hours ago. I won't be going to bed for approximately another 19.
  • edited May 2010
    Broker? Butler?

Mystery solved: Jack Butler
  • edited May 2010
    Yes! I guessed both names! Highway, I know an awful lot of personal information about you now. You'd wanna be thankful that I'm not a creep... or am I? No, I'm not. :D
  • edited May 2010
    I wish it was Bender
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah. "I'm Butler baby, please insert liquor!" just doesn't have same ring...
  • edited May 2010
    Yea, Hey The Highway ever consider changing your name to Bender
  • edited May 2010
    Butlers are following me everywhere.
    There is a butler in my current story.
    There are butlers in Mei-chan no Shitsuji, obviously (shitsuji means butler) and I saw it recently (wasn't crazy about it. Although it has Mizushima Hiro in it, so it's not all bad. But I like him much more in Zettai Kareshi.)

Also, I miss being in the same DVD zone as Japan.
  • edited May 2010
    doodo! wrote: »

Haha! I love some of the responses that you get from people :D. Next, you should ask if you should call your children Wingus and Dingus or Laurel and Hardy.
  • edited May 2010
    I would like to clarify on my Ultraman is Awesome post.

A friend introduced me to the Ultra universe yesterday with a movie that came out last year and Ultraseven X. I did not watch all of the movie yet and I saw the first five episodes of X. Can't no one say the japanese don't know how to make a sci-fi(ish) show
  • edited May 2010
    Yes! I guessed both names! Highway, I know an awful lot of personal information about you now. You'd wanna be thankful that I'm not a creep... or am I? No, I'm not. :D
    Hayden, you ARE a creep... but you're the kind of creep that does it nicely.
    prizna wrote: »
    I wish it was Bender
    Bender would be cool.
    Yeah. "I'm Butler baby, please insert liquor!" just doesn't have same ring...
    "The name's B(ond)/(utler). J(ames)/(ack) B(ond)/(utler). Please insert a martini. Shaken, not stirred!"
    prizna wrote: »
    Yea, Hey The Highway ever consider changing your name to Bender
    Yes, I have. No, not really
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden, you ARE a creep... but you're the kind of creep that does it nicely.

Haha! Thankyou very much, that's the nicest compliment I've had all day :D.
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I would like to clarify on my Ultraman is Awesome post.

A friend introduced me to the Ultra universe yesterday with a movie that came out last year and Ultraseven X. I did not watch all of the movie yet and I saw the first five episodes of X. Can't no one say the japanese don't know how to make a sci-fi(ish) show

You need to see the Ultraman Mebius movie
    It has all the original ultraman team up for one epic battle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgCOZut7jRg

This captures the feeling of ultraman pretty well but lacks in the gore department from the earlier series.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_zLDYRcN2M&feature=related

Leo was trained by the original Ultraseven.

TOS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPj2nF417M&feature=related
    ^ First episode footage of the first series to use a ultraman as seen today.

In Japan, this is bigger than Superman or Batman is in the US.

I also recommend the Ultraman Tiga, Dyna, Gaia movie.
  • edited May 2010
    I think I mist have Ultraman Mebius. This guy gave me a bunch of Ultraman stuff, A Godzilla movie and a pokémon movie
  • edited May 2010
    Thinking of moving to Australia... on one hand, I'd have to give up everything I own and know, and dedicate four years toward getting a citizenship. On the other, I'm dying to get out of the US, and Australia makes the most sense as a destination. My closest friend lives there, so I'd at least have that.

The problem is, I'd have to get all of the "shrimp on the barbie", "Rocko's Modern Life", "knifey-spoony", and "vegemite" jokes out of my system, and that'd probably get me forcibly deported by way of giant novelty boot.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Thinking of moving to Australia...

How exciting for you! What part of Oz? Work, study, or an extended vacation?
  • edited May 2010
    I could never move to Australia. It's just that I'm a biologist so I know all of the different most deadly things in the world that live there and I just don't think its worth it. Especially since where I live now, the most deadly thing is either a black widow spider or a rattlesnake.:D
    edited May 2010
    It's just that I'm a biologist so I know all of the different most deadly things in the world that live there and I just don't think its worth it.

Wuss. :p
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    How exciting for you! What part of Oz? Work, study, or an extended vacation?

It'd have to be in the Newcastle area, near my friends. I'm actually thinking of moving there permanently.

Of course, should this happen (and it's VERY iffy... this would be the biggest decision of my life, and there are a couple reasons why I really shouldn't do this), it'll be a year or two from now before I even buy the plane tickets.

I'm also considering moving to Hawaii first, since it's a prime location to start my business, then making enough money to make the transition to OZ a lot smoother. (assuming the business takes off)
  • edited May 2010
    I have been thinking of moving to New Zealand for a very long time. My best (and well only friend) when I was a small child moved to NZ with her parents when we were 10. They were a really nice family, probably the only people my parents ever got along with.

And recently a friend of my old roommate moved to NZ for work and he loves it there too.
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Wuss. :p

And proud of it! *takes a bow*
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder when the world will bring my stomach back. It's getting annoying...

By the way, I have to go and study for the TOELF :S
    edited May 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    this would be the biggest decision of my life, and there are a couple reasons why I really shouldn't do this

I'd usually rather throw myself into something and fail miserably than be too fearful to try and regret it later on. Whatever decision you make, there's nothing that says you HAVE to stick with it for the rest of your life (although obviously practical/monetary considerations come into play).

You've certainly got a good long time to think about it anyway, and who knows - your life circumstances could be totally different in 1-2 years time. :)
    Jenny wrote: »
    I have been thinking of moving to New Zealand for a very long time.

NZ seems like it would be a great place to live - I was looking at doing a Masters there at one stage. People are incredibly friendly and laid back, and it's just a gorgeous country.

At the moment my plan is to move to the US eventually, probably within the year. Either that or back to Oz... a couple of very close friends have moved from here to Sydney, and I'm somewhat tempted to follow them, but I'm just not quite ready to go back yet.
This discussion has been closed.