The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    *facepalms* Doh, I seem to be doing that often these days.

It's okay, bro. It's hard to tell which gender is which on the internet.

I'm a guy, just to clear that up.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    In the course of Dragonball including GT, how many times was the moon blown up?

Having just finished watching all of it, I feel qualified to answer this question. They only blow up the moon twice, once by Master Roshi and once by Piccolo.

They seem to enjoy blowing up the earth a whole lot more. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Having just finished watching all of it, I feel qualified to answer this question. They only blow up the moon twice, once by Master Roshi and once by Piccolo.

And Namek takes forever to explode.
  • edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    And Namek takes forever to explode.

Yeah....I don't even remember how many episodes that was.

I think at that point, I was just happy that Frieza was finally dead. Well, sorta...
  • edited November 2010
    10 episodes, it was 10 episodes. for FIVE MINUTES!
  • edited November 2010
    Apparently 10 episodes must equal 5 minutes in Freeza's home planet. (Really though, the anime was incredibly close to catching up to the manga and they had to stretch that out SO ****ing much so that the manga could finish the fight before the anime did).

Wouldn't the Earth's explosions take out the Moon with it too? =P
  • edited November 2010
    Wouldn't the Earth's explosions take out the Moon with it too? =P

The Moon was destroyed way before Earth ever was.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah but they kept rebuilding it.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah but they kept rebuilding it.

After Piccolo blew it up it was never seen agian.
  • edited November 2010
    But it was there is GT, when Goku turned into a monkey again.
  • edited November 2010
    But it was there is GT, when Goku turned into a monkey again.

No they where on Plant Planet/Vegeta/Tuffle he saw Earth and it was a replacment for the Moon.
  • edited November 2010
    GT is not canon though so both arguments are invalid. If it's there in Dragonball Online we'll see who's right =P
  • edited November 2010
    Nothing from GT will be in Dragonball online. The creator of Dragonball hates GT
  • edited November 2010
    Exactly
  • edited November 2010
    Ugh, I need new tissue blades, these ones aren't slicing the clay cleanly enough.

Also, there is dried blood all over the main door to my block of flats. I guess that explains all the shouting at 6am.
  • edited November 2010
    Nothing from GT will be in Dragonball online. The creator of Dragonball hates GT

No he don't he helped design charecters for it like Baby.
  • edited November 2010
    Which is the only thing he did about the series, he had nothing else to do with it.
  • edited November 2010
    Which is the only thing he did about the series, he had nothing else to do with it.

I know im just saying he don't hate it.
  • edited November 2010
    coolsome wrote: »
    No he don't he helped design charecters for it like Baby.
    INTERESTING STUFF
  • edited November 2010
    i am back
    (from my grandma and grandpas house)
  • edited November 2010
    We're DOOMED!
  • edited November 2010
    At lest hes not back from Mars.
  • edited November 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    she's not a guy. But her webcomic is definitely awesome.

holy crap she got glasses!!!

Insta-hotness!
  • edited November 2010
    Think I'm going to watch Connery Bond movies tonight.
  • edited November 2010
    A song I've been looking for EXISTS I HAVE PROOF! I'm not crazy!... I'm not that crazy!

But I still can't find it online. You'd think someone would have managed to record it.
  • edited November 2010
    Speaking of hardcore nostalgia, I've really been working through Power Rangers lately. I'm a pretty good distance into season 2, and I'm wondering how the hell I failed to notice the first time around when they started using different actors to dub over the morphed ranger sequences when the red, black, and yellow rangers quit the show.

And now, just a couple episodes later, it's becoming even more obvious that the actors quit the show. The remaining three rangers are starting to drop comments about the peace conference and make excuses for why we never see the other three rangers until the battle starts and they're morphed.

I have no idea how I managed to miss this the first time around, especially in the next episode, where they use the same stock clip of Trini at a picnic twice within a minute in an attempt to create the illusion that they're not using stand-ins for long shots and only showing close-ups of three actors (one of which is wearing his old color to match the stock footage). I'd say it's a failed attempt, but apparently it fooled seven year old me.
  • edited November 2010
    I have nothing to do anymore today, I want to relax but I also want to go out and do something.
  • edited November 2010
    I just remembered I'm DMing for my D&D group here in York tonight and I haven't started putting together a scenario. Well, I know where my afternoon's going.
  • edited November 2010
    Just finished my book "The Painted Man" and it was awesome!
    I could never put it down, so it took me a week to read it.

I really hope I get "The Desert Spear" for Christmas, because I have to carry on reading that series.
    And it's even getting turned into a movie. :)
  • edited November 2010
    Also, there is dried blood all over the main door to my block of flats. I guess that explains all the shouting at 6am.

Sometimes, I miss Glasgow :(
  • edited November 2010
    I think that this interview with Christian Bale is one of the most entertaining things I've ever read. And he's actually getting flack for it like he did with that thing on the Terminator 4 set. People who give Bale flack for that stuff are raving idiots. But if I knew him in real life I'd probably kill him.
  • edited November 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Sometimes, I miss Glasgow :(

It's just not a proper Sunday morning in Glasgow unless there's bloodstains on the pavement from the Saturday night. ;)

Whereabouts did you stay when you were here? I used to live in Partick in the west end, and it was much worse than where I am now on the south side. And now I don't get the bloody Orange Walk waking me up on weekend mornings either.
  • edited November 2010
    Tjohooo I´m free as a freaking bird for the rest of the week!!!:D
    No work for me.:p
  • edited November 2010
    I've got a job interview on saturday! Yay!
  • edited November 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I've got a job interview on saturday! Yay!

Congrats! What's it for, swimsuit photographer? Lion tamer? Private investigator complete with company fedora hat?
    It's just not a proper Sunday morning in Glasgow unless there's bloodstains on the pavement from the Saturday night. ;)

Whereabouts did you stay when you were here? I used to live in Partick in the west end, and it was much worse than where I am now on the south side. And now I don't get the bloody Orange Walk waking me up on weekend mornings either.

To be honest I couldn't really tell you, I stayed with different friends the few times I visited and all of them are a blur. Glasgow's a great city, in a somewhat "unobvious" way. Sure it's rough and all that, but there's some great people knocking about.

Edinburgh's really nice, but on the flipside ever so slightly up its own arse. I love both though, just for different reasons. In Edinburgh I can chill out and have a glass of wine, maybe take in a show if i'm lucky. In Glasgow I can have a lads night and be a lovable scamp

Straraer however I do not love, that Stena ferry terminal may very well be the seventh circle of the underworld.

I love driving through Scotland as well, everywhere's full of heather and craggy hills, it's really beautiful, as opposed to driving through England where the only sights are a Little Chef at the motorway services

Thus endeth Jed's journeys through Scotland
  • edited November 2010
    I could never put it down, so it took me a week to read it.

Wow, a week without sleep?
  • edited November 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Congrats! What's it for, swimsuit photographer? Lion tamer? Private investigator complete with company fedora hat?
    I'm afraid it's nothing quite as extravagant. It's just a Job in Comet (an electrical appliance store). It'll (hopefully!) be my first proper job.
  • edited November 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    It'll (hopefully!) be my first proper job.

Now the questions are raised....
  • edited November 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Now the questions are raised....
    32485_447783245298_804995298_5778312_6994609_n.jpg
    That was what I wore in my last sort-of job.
    It's not what you think, honest!
  • edited November 2010
    hmmm
This discussion has been closed.