The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Well she suspected that the flashing lights would have been used for some sort of subliminal advertising thing. Now I don't watch most anime anyway.
  • edited November 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Well she suspected that the flashing lights would have been used for some sort of subliminal advertising thing. Now I don't watch most anime anyway.

well...
  • edited November 2010
    I just got this message from my girlfriend over MSN:

" CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE Watch Starwars on saturday morning?"

When do I get my official "luckiest member" title?
  • edited November 2010
    As far as I'm concerned, you watched a show that is entirely disparate from just about everything of value in the show, then. In terms of bad dubs, Dragonball falls JUST under dubs that re-edit a show's actual footage into new stories. Depending on HOW you obtained the show, if you ended up with the TV edit then you're missing massive chunks of the show, wheras if you have the Uncut dub then you're missing less than you could, but you are certainly missing a great deal regardless of the version because the characterization, script changes, lines where there were none before, and if you got the dub music the actual musical backing create something that drains most of the intrinsic value from the thing, single-handedly giving it its current negative critical reception in the West.

REPENT.

The original version is definitely on my list, but I probably won't get to it until summer, just due to the huge time commitment involved (I still have to pass my classes and apply to med school!). I am looking forward to it, though. I mean, if I enjoyed an inferior version of the show this much, I'll probably love the original. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Thinking of doing a LP on youtube. Never done one before, and it might be fun. now I just need a game.
  • edited November 2010
    I think there should be a DC vs DBZ game made everyone wants to see Goku vs Superman!!!
  • edited November 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out if the last episode of South Park had one of the best or one of the worst endings of any episode of anything in television history. It's one of the two.
  • edited November 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I just got this message from my girlfriend over MSN:

" CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE Watch Starwars on saturday morning?"

When do I get my official "luckiest member" title?

I hope you know that I hate you.
  • edited November 2010
    Shall we begin planning where we shall hide the body, wot wot?
  • edited November 2010
    Oh goody. My sister's birthday is two weeks after mine, and she already got her present, a $150 purse. My birthday is on Sunday and now my dad's freaking out about money, so it looks like she got both of our birthday presents. She tries justifying it saying that it's a special gift for her 21st birthday. I can't remember what I got for my 21st birthday two years ago, other than a cracked screen on my DS, but it sure as hell wouldn't have been anywhere near $150. Damn spoiled princess bitch.

Looks like I'll be waiting on putting up my Devil's Playhouse posters and getting a decent Memory Stick for my PSP.
  • edited November 2010
    Well that sucks, Guru. Sorry to hear that.
  • edited November 2010
    On the other hand, my mother seems to be determined that I'm going to have a nice birthday, and she hasn't had a chance to talk with my dad about cutting back in other areas, like sending my sister to the grocery store (which is disasterous) and his eBaying, so maybe I was dumping the pessimism on early.

Still, it doesn't look like I'll be getting the Memory Stick tomorrow like I was hoping. Right now I'm playing with the counterfeit 4 GB stick from eBay so the game can read install data off it, then I swap in the legit 32 MB stick whenever I'm ready to save. I figure that way, the worst that will happen if the counterfeit stick dies is that my loading times will get longer.
  • edited November 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Does that smiley represent a question mark?

Maaaybeee, it depends how you read it:D hehe
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Work? OH CRAP! That reminds me I have to be there in 90 minutes..woo...

ouch, I´m gonna work this weekend.
    Then monday to, but the rest of the week I`m free, semester! Jiiha:)
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, for those who are a bit depressed, here's a very lame joke that's Team Fortress 2 AND TV Puppet Pals related:

tvpuppetpaltf2.jpg

Mitch: Hey, puppet pal Clem!
    Clem: Hey, puppet pal Mitch!
    Mitch: What do you get when you craft a Batter's Helmet with two cans of Bonk! Atomic Punch?
    Clem: A bonk on the head?
    Mitch: That is correct. *BONK!*
  • edited November 2010
    I would still play Doom but it gives me a head ache now.
  • edited November 2010
    I don´t play anything at the moment, ´cause I want a brand new one!
    I´m waiting for Donkey Kong country for Wii.
    Really fun when two players can play at the same time.:)
  • edited November 2010
    Jessica wrote: »
    I don´t play anything at the moment, ´cause I want a brand new one!
    I´m waiting for Donkey Kong country for Wii.
    Really fun when two players can play at the same time.:)

Yeah, I guess. I only play online multiplayer games, most the time.

ENEMY TERRITORY!!!! Still one of my top games, but less people are playing it. Though that leaves a lot of good players behind.
  • edited November 2010
    I just walked downstairs to toss some trash... and my dorm-mates were watching Twilight... dubbed in Japanese. CANNOT UNSEE.
  • edited November 2010
    I just walked downstairs to toss some trash... and my dorm-mates were watching Twilight... dubbed in Japanese. CANNOT UNSEE.

Sounds cool. You should have joined them...in the nude...
  • edited November 2010
    I can't remember what I got for my 21st birthday two years ago, other than a cracked screen on my DS, but it sure as hell wouldn't have been anywhere near $150. Damn spoiled princess bitch.

Girls are different though, last birthday present I got was when I was 21, then I figured I was too old to be recieving gifts. Anyway, my birthday's smack after Christmas so it's jsut a pain in the arse to get up and celebrate it when there's still half a ton of turkey left to be eaten. Turkey sandwiches til New Year :(
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess. I only play online multiplayer games, most the time.

ENEMY TERRITORY!!!! Still one of my top games, but less people are playing it. Though that leaves a lot of good players behind.

WoW?
    I´ve got Monster Hunter Tri but hav´nt played it online yet.:p
    Only offline and I suppose the thing about that game is that it really are a online-game.
    Well DKC Returns looks fun on the trailer.:)
  • edited November 2010
    Ah, where did that american dude came from:D
  • edited November 2010
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101112065851AA5zyua&r=w

JESUS SAVES!!!

LORD have MERCY!!!!!

HELLUVA!

Never played WOW. Knocked it once and some one was mean to me about it and said yeah it sucks if you have no one to play it with. LOL

But I just stick to ET. I'm good at the game and so we don't part. But, it's been a while since I've played.
  • edited November 2010
    Ah, I did not...

But, seeing that really put me in a good mood.
    Damn, I feel good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpC9EkKFsQ

And suddenly I remember why I like this band!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hov-M7LK6Q
  • edited November 2010
    hehe Aqua fun vid:p

Yeah I´ve seen WoW to but it seems a little bit to complex to learn so I guess I don´t have the patience for it.
  • edited November 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Girls are different though, last birthday present I got was when I was 21, then I figured I was too old to be recieving gifts. Anyway, my birthday's smack after Christmas so it's jsut a pain in the arse to get up and celebrate it when there's still half a ton of turkey left to be eaten. Turkey sandwiches til New Year :(

My uncle has his birthday on Xmas itself, so I completely get how that sucks on a lot of levels.

I do resent the 'girls are different' comment a teensy bit though. Personally, I stopped getting gifts aside from maybe 50 bucks for a new game (which I have to beg for, by the way) around age 17. Granted, I'm not exactly the average girl, given that I pretty much don't give a flying shit about my appearance and wear novelty shirts and jeans every day, but I still think the point is valid.

I didn't even celebrate my 21st birthday, come to think of it. I was in my first year at University of California, Santa Barbara and my birthday (May 29th) happened to be the beginning of finals week, so you can sort of see why it went under the radar.
  • edited November 2010
    Jessica wrote: »
    hehe Aqua fun vid:p

Yeah I´ve seen WoW to but it seems a little bit to complex to learn so I guess I don´t have the patience for it.

I've been some what addicted to games before and just didn't want to give it a try. I thought I might become addicted to WOW.

I like RPGS, but I just wasn't ever in the mood to try WOW. If it was ever really cool, it's not cool now. If it was ever really "nerdy", and I wanted to try to find people trying to take on the identity, well now all that's left are insane and obsessed posers...

Anyways,
    Final Fantasy is generic and a everyone's RPG type of game but I like it.
  • edited November 2010
    I've just come back from a lousy day at work to find my print from the Grickle store has arrived! Yay! Now to figure out where i'm going to put it. I've still got the two sam and max big poster prints, the set of five posters and the ToMI art portfolio to come from the TTG store as well.... I don't think my rooms big enough for all this.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh cool, I found my stuff on Google images without specifically looking for it :D
  • edited November 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    I've been some what addicted to games before and just didn't want to give it a try. I thought I might become addicted to WOW.

There´s always a risk for that. I better hold on to fun adventure games;).
  • edited November 2010
    WoW isn't an RPG. Fallout is an RPG, Planescape: Torment is an RPG, and World of Warcraft is the universe of an excellent strategy game debased and whored into a grindtastic timesink moneyhole.
  • edited November 2010
    I wonder if WoW is like a never ending story?:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    WoW isn't an RPG. Fallout is an RPG, Planescape: Torment is an RPG, and World of Warcraft is the universe of an excellent strategy game debased and whored into a grindtastic timesink moneyhole.

128766456529150789.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Amen, bro.

In a totally unrelated tangent: more praying mantises (manti? No idea how you pluralize that.) should be preachers.
  • edited November 2010
    BTW, it seems that this website had been down for hours before it came back up again. Does anyone know why?
  • edited November 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    I do resent the 'girls are different' comment a teensy bit though. Personally, I stopped getting gifts aside from maybe 50 bucks for a new game (which I have to beg for, by the way) around age 17. Granted, I'm not exactly the average girl, given that I pretty much don't give a flying shit about my appearance and wear novelty shirts and jeans every day, but I still think the point is valid

Resent away by all means, it was a quick and lazy generalisation, I don't mean it to apply to everyone. T'would be a very bullish thing to do
  • edited November 2010
    I do resent the 'girls are different' comment a teensy bit though. Personally, I stopped getting gifts aside from maybe 50 bucks for a new game (which I have to beg for, by the way) around age 17. Granted, I'm not exactly the average girl, given that I pretty much don't give a flying shit about my appearance and wear novelty shirts and jeans every day, but I still think the point is valid.

I stopped getting a game for my birthday at around 15. Since then, now that I think about it, I don't think I've really received any gifts for my birthday. And for Christmas, I think the spending limit for a present is now 30 bucks tops.

now i feel sad.
  • edited November 2010
    I do resent the 'girls are different' comment a teensy bit though.

Girls are different.

:D Am I dead meat or what?
  • edited November 2010
    Girls are yuckie and have cooties.
This discussion has been closed.