The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Pretty sure that's alright for pg. Or even g.
  • edited August 2010
    It shouldn't even be an issue, but I imagine it's G... PG if you're a bloody puritan. I remember it being occasionally used on the WB channel's DC Universe series and those were usually Y7. That should be a reasonable guideline.
  • edited August 2010
    Learning how easy is Javascript using JQuery, let me learn more about CSS. Yes, it does.
  • edited August 2010
    Well if you aren't Christian then it's impossible to use Jesus' name in vain.

>.>

Seriously, though, I'd imagine that a TV company would get more complaints if they actually DID censor Jesus' name. If they got any complaints at all either way. I don't think complaints are actually that common.
  • edited August 2010
    Why am I taking two languages at once? This is going to suck.
  • edited August 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Well if you aren't Christian then it's impossible to use Jesus' name in vain.

>.>

Seriously, though, I'd imagine that a TV company would get more complaints if they actually DID censor Jesus' name. If they got any complaints at all either way. I don't think complaints are actually that common.

Well, a series rated TV-14 on TruTV censors out his name if used in vain.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, a series rated TV-14 on TruTV censors out his name if used in vain.

It might be the result of a complaint they've had in the past, or just a passive attempt at avoiding lawsuits.

Also, what do you actually mean by "in vain"? There's a lot of ambiguity surrounding that phrasing, in my opinion. A lot of people take it to mean "don't say the word 'God' or 'Jesus' when you're angry", but I've always thought that it meant "don't pledge yourself to God if you aren't going to stay true to his commandments etc.", or in other words, "don't become a Christian in vain". That makes a lot more sense in my opinion.

Either way, I don't have a religion and don't believe in any sort of God so neither would apply to me. Does this mean that it's okay for me to say "Jesus Christ" but not for a Christian to say it, though? In my opinion, the whole idea of any words being offensive in and of themselves is bizarre. In fact, I think that it's much more offensive for someone to tell me not to use certain words than it can ever be for me to use them in the first place. There's almost an abrasive sense of entitlement or superiority that comes across when a person tells somebody not to swear. I actually think it's a really rude thing to do.
  • edited August 2010
    My dog is sick, hasn't ate much in the past 3 days. It's my only good friend left in my daily goings. I have no one or nothing else as loyal and to put as much faith into.

We changed its food to try to give it a healthier diet, so that it might live for a few more years. Well it made it sick, and it hasn't ate in like 3 days so we switched back to its old food but even now, I don't think that's enough food to nourish it back to health.

It was so weak it could barely make it up the back porch steps, and I have college and work and no one is home to watch her. I'm worried about her. She was so weak she had trouble making it up 3-4 small steps just a few inches apart from one another.

She doesn't seem to be eating enough and she's only eating treats. It's like she doesn't trust her food anymore and she's been on it her whole life.

She's eaten some but I don't think it's been enough and I don't think others have served her as enough either.

Everyone is so busy and we just thought we'd switch back her food but she hasn't eaten much in the past 3-4 days and she's a old dog.

She gets around the house but she looks a little tired and those steps freaked me out.
  • edited August 2010
    I was wondering why you said "it" (as I had never seen someone use "it" for their pet before) but then you switched to "she". Mmmh...
    Also, it's "hasn't eaten". "Eat, ate, eaten".

I'm sorry about your dog. How old is she? Have you taken her to the vet yet? If so, what did they say?
    Good luck, and I hope things will turn out.
  • edited August 2010
    Hope she's okay.

Last night I felt like crap, I hate hurting people. My main goal in life is to make people happy, and last night I made one of my best friends feel the worst they ever have.

Not surprising, I broke her heart. I felt bad about it, but she's doing okay again. thank god for other friends, eh?
  • edited August 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I was wondering why you said "it" (as I had never seen someone use "it" for their pet before) but then you switched to "she". Mmmh...
    Also, it's "hasn't eaten". "Eat, ate, eaten".

I'm sorry about your dog. How old is she? Have you taken her to the vet yet? If so, what did they say?
    Good luck, and I hope things will turn out.

She's about 10 years old I think. No vet yet, everyone who could be there is out and about. I'd like to take her but I have to leave for work fairly soon. She should have a few more years left in here, she is having the worse diarrhea. Hopefully when that stops she'll go back to eating her food.

Right now I'm a bit worried though because she doesn't have much of her strength. This morning she was scratching at my door for 4 hours. Usually shell scratch for some attention in the morning. Now its like every morning at 4 AM or 5 AM, however early wouldn't have you...and it's becoming a real choir for me.

I owe her, I do, but she's always had a certain level of independence that I took for granted and now I haven't the time the take it for less.

I need my sleep, I need to get up for work, I need to get to college...
  • edited August 2010
    Every day there is a new game on my mind. Now it's Sacred, and that it because of a friend.

Curse you friend, now I have to buy it. :p
  • edited August 2010
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoMQ_l2rYxWrNhN89Y3MWRbsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20100824205353AA5Fuet

I had to do some extra work yesterday and even they admit I work circles around them...
  • edited August 2010
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4205353AA5Fuet

I had to do some extra work yesterday and even they admit I work circles around them...

Replied on yahoo. I share your pain.
  • edited August 2010
    I replied to you there.
  • edited August 2010
    Ugh, why am I feeling so awful this morning? I even slept more than usual last night x__x
  • edited August 2010
    School starts tomorrow. Now, I'm trying to decide what to do with the last few hours of summer. *sad face*
  • edited August 2010
    I've got unexplained radio broadcasts on my mind. UVB-76 has spiked in activity as of late and they have yet to offer an explanation for this broadcast.
  • edited August 2010
    School starts tomorrow. Now, I'm trying to decide what to do with the last few hours of summer. *sad face*

Masturbate
  • edited August 2010
    I thought'd been a little too long since your last hugely inappropriate comment.
  • edited August 2010
    I saw a I emoticon_Heart.gif kane T shirt and even I though thats strange and obbsesive...and If It wasnt to exspensive with packaging id get it XD
  • edited August 2010
    I have no friends but need the birthdates of 3 friends for a Spanish assignment.
  • edited August 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    I have no friends but need the birthdates of 3 friends for a Spanish assignment.

21st of February, 1985, 14h55 (Paris time, that is GMT+1).
    Not sure if you needed the time or not. Good luck with your assignment (and with making friends I guess).
  • edited August 2010

31st March 1990, sometime around 6am (UK time).:)
  • edited August 2010
    July 6 1989 no clue what time
  • edited August 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    quit being dicks to doodo, he's being on topic.

Well technically so are they... This thread IS about whatever is on your mind. Telling him that his yahoo answer/yoda hut posts are annoying just happen to be whats on there mind.

Wait... you have no friends?

How is that even possible?
  • edited August 2010
    LOL thank you.
  • edited August 2010
    Wait... you have no friends?

How is that even possible?

if everyone you know are douchbags its easyer not to have friends XD
  • edited August 2010
    One's definition of friend might also vary. If it's like, a platonic soulmate or something, they're harder to come by.
  • edited August 2010
    and me saying quit being dicks was also on my mind so OH MY GOD WILL IT EVER END
  • edited August 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    and me saying quit being dicks was also on my mind so OH MY GOD WILL IT EVER END

Likely not.
  • edited August 2010
    I thought'd been a little too long since your last hugely inappropriate comment.

It'd been almost too long. I have a quota to fill!
  • edited August 2010
    Reading about Palo Alto California just because...

I wanna get the Intership T_T
  • edited August 2010
    So apparently iTunes thinks kids these days are huge perverts, because the title of one of the songs from Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs To You! soundtrack, Rubber Bands, Rubber Balls, got censored. Guess what word got censored.
  • edited August 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    So apparently iTunes thinks kids these days are huge perverts, because the title of one of the songs from Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs To You! soundtrack, Rubber Bands, Rubber Balls, got censored. Guess what word got censored.

rubber?
  • edited August 2010
    Moo
  • edited August 2010
    People should stop being so darn annoying with censors, let it go, reveal the true words to the world without fuss!
  • edited August 2010
    Fuck yeah!

I mean...uh, whoops.
  • edited August 2010
    The most jarring thing is that it's from the soundtrack of a kids show. And it's not like kids associate rubber with condoms. I mean, seriously, the word rubber occurs several times in the song itself. The only thing that could be considered offensive is the fact that the song itself really sounds stereotypically Bollywood. And even then it's just searching for something.

And what use is it basically? It only causes kids to wonder why the word was censored. It's like standing up against a big-ass monster with a fake magic wand and yelling

mot_duckymomo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.