The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    *bangs head on wall repeatedly*

I hate doing expositions and essays, why must I suck so much at them? And why oh why didn't I just play it safe and choose the paper that had written friday on it instead of trying to get one for next week and actually getting the one that made everything be due tomorrow...

*bangs head against wall again*
  • edited August 2010
    I've got about 24 hrs till my flight, and not know why I can't sleep....ah...this sucks.
  • edited August 2010
    Congratulations to all the Old people on the South Hemiphere, because, August just ended! You pass over august. Congrats Again!

(And really, they DO celebrate survive August with a party September 1st. It's kind of a tradition)
  • edited August 2010
    I've got about 24 hours until the drive and i should pack for the trip. durp.
  • edited August 2010
    Biochemistry. And why we don't use amide linkages in DNA. Don't worry, I don't know the answer either.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I've got about 24 hrs till my flight, and not know why I can't sleep....ah...this sucks.

I do the same thing... I think it's either excitement, or vague paranoia about missing the plane.

My flight's in 34 hours! Trying so hard to refrain from using multiple exclamation marks!
  • edited August 2010
    Wah, I hate you all!

I'm still trying to get ready for Nan Desu Kan, which is a week after PAX. Most of what I still need to do revolves around finishing my BLU Spy costume.
  • edited August 2010
    Wah, I hate you all!

I'm still trying to get ready for Nan Desu Kan, which is a week after PAX. Most of what I still need to do revolves around finishing my BLU Spy costume.

No you don't you love us..and you want to be there with us, don't worry..we will have a moment of silence.
  • edited August 2010
    Unless that moment of silence is actually a magic spell that teleports me to Seattle, it's small consolation.

On the other hand, I'm pushing it to be ready for NDK as it is, so it's better that I don't have plans to spend another few days at another convention during the 9 days I have left.

I still hate you all a little bit, though.
  • edited August 2010
    Telltale doesn't know how much $80 is. Bad Telltale.

Sam & Max 305 is out. And it's great. Easy, but great. Good Telltale.

and umm... "Why
    doesn't homestar ever
    wear pants?
    It's kind of
    creepy
    how he walks around with no
    pants
    on
    all the time
    . Anyway, I think you should
    get
    him
    some
    pants
    ."
    edited August 2010
    we will have a moment of silence.

Yeah good luck with getting me to shut up long enough to do that. How about a few joyful squeals instead? :D
  • edited August 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yeah good luck with getting me to shut up long enough to do that. How about a few joyful squeals instead? :D

Oooh, I love a challenges...wait you squeal?
  • edited August 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    and umm... "Why
    doesn't homestar ever
    wear pants?
    It's kind of
    creepy
    how he walks around with no
    pants
    on
    all the time
    . Anyway, I think you should
    get
    him
    some
    pants
    ."

Best use of spoiler tags ever.
  • edited August 2010
    Our cat is going through surgery tomorrow, its going to have its tail removed.

It came home one day, hissing at us if we came near him and after that day the tail have not been moving at all.
    Was taken to the vet today and the woman said the tail had been pulled so hard it was pulled out of its socket, so there was no way to save it.

I swear, if I ever find out who did it...
  • edited September 2010
    Hey, it's Yare's birthday.
  • edited September 2010
    Happy Birthday, Yare!
  • edited September 2010

It came home one day, hissing at us if we came near him and after that day the tail have not been moving at all.
    Was taken to the vet today and the woman said the tail had been pulled so hard it was pulled out of its socket, so there was no way to save it.

I swear, if I ever find out who did it...

Oh god, that's horrible :(
    Well... At least the tail won't get in the way anymore, and you don't risk walking on it accidentally! ...>.>
    I didn't even know it was possible. Poor cat.
  • edited September 2010
    I finaly got the twitter app for my phone to work correctly and I'm happy about it, also...I hate packing. Never, enough socks.
  • edited September 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Hey, it's Yare's birthday.

Uhh, Yare's not with Telltale anymore...
  • edited September 2010

its still his birthday
    edited September 2010
    Oooh, I love a challenges...wait you squeal?

Tonight we plotted the frequency of my voice (in kHz) against my drunkeness (in pints):

Attachment not found.

I have occasionally been known to work in frequencies beyond the range of human hearing.

Wow, that's nasty. The cat probably won't even notice it's gone though - hope it's out of pain soon.

Aw, really? That's a bit sad-making, he was good fun. I'll still wish him a happy birthday. What happened to him?
  • edited September 2010

Go to Facebook then!
  • edited September 2010
    its still his birthday

Yeah, I just don't know if he comes around here anymore.
    Aw, really? That's a bit sad-making, he was good fun. I'll still wish him a happy birthday. What happened to him?

Dunno. I just heard he was moving on. I wish him well, whatever the reason and wherever he went.
    edited September 2010
    Dunno. I just heard he was moving on. I wish him well, whatever the reason and wherever he went.

Likewise! Ginny's link says he's at KlickNation now.
  • edited September 2010
    Ah. I totally abstain from Facebook, so the only information I got out of it is that he's a "the third" like me.
  • edited September 2010
    That's horrible :eek:.
    I couldn't imagine my Kira without her tail flying around. Or why anyone would ever do such a thing... :mad:
  • edited September 2010
    Wow, that's nasty. The cat probably won't even notice it's gone though - hope it's out of pain soon.

Unfortunately, it wil notice. Cats use their tails for balance, especially when they're running and decide to make sharp turns mid-stride.

He'll get used to it eventually, but he certainly will notice it's gone (however would probably prefer it gone to being in pain.)
  • edited September 2010
    Yeah, I just don't know if he comes around here anymore.

I've seen him logged in since he left, so I'd say, maybe? I doubt this thread would be the first place he'd look though.
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it will notice. Cats use their tails for balance, especially when they're running and decide to make sharp turns mid-stride.

He'll get used to it eventually, but he certainly will notice it's gone (however would probably prefer it gone to being in pain.)

However, if (s)he can't move it anymore because it's been pulled out, I'm going to say (s)he'll be better off without it.
  • edited September 2010
    I am revelling in my 2,000th post!

Oh, damn. 2,001 now. That was one short lived party.
  • edited September 2010
    Got my tickets for this "weekend" (I'm spending Sunday and Monday in Vancouver with Sean). I'm very nervous. It's always weird to meet someone from the Internet face to face for the first time, and with only two days I'm afraid the awkwardness won't have time to wear off...

I'm really looking forward to it though.
  • edited September 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Got my tickets for this "weekend" (I'm spending Sunday and Monday in Vancouver with Sean). I'm very nervous. It's always weird to meet someone from the Internet face to face for the first time, and with only two days I'm afraid the awkwardness won't have time to wear off...

I'm really looking forward to it though.

I have this feeling that scenes from "Misery" Will be Re-enacted

err..right cheering up then...well don't worry, it's a complete and understandable nervousness, and believe me it soon will pass, and you'll both be having a great time.

Also seriously, whenever I'm packing, I never have enough socks...this...this is not cool.
  • edited September 2010
    im thinking of dying my hair red... can't decide, i've never dyed it before :confused:

anyway. im also extremely jealous of all you going to PAX
  • edited September 2010
    Also seriously, whenever I'm packing, I never have enough socks...this...this is not cool.

I have one pair of socks. Altogether, I mean. I've been thinking maybe I should get more at some point but it's been months and, well, I'm lazy :p
    It's not even a real pair, as in, they're not even a match xD
    I hate buying clothes. It always feels like such a waste of time and money.
  • edited September 2010
    I hate buying clothes. It always feels like such a waste of time and money.

I'm so glad I'm not they only one =]
  • edited September 2010
    im thinking of dying my hair red... can't decide, i've never dyed it before :confused:

I'm actually considering dying my hair, just because it'd be different. My brother dyed his hair blond a couple of weeks ago, and now has had it cut into a daft short Mohawk! I should also add that he is 31 years old.
    edited September 2010
    I have one pair of socks. Altogether, I mean. I've been thinking maybe I should get more at some point but it's been months and, well, I'm lazy :p

I'm packing right now... currently have 10 pairs of socks and wondering if that will be enough. :p

Totally understand what you mean about being nervous. In a way I think it's harder than meeting complete strangers - at least with strangers there are no preconceptions.

It's odd because you can get to know people really well in some ways online, but not experience the most basic things such as how they walk, or what they look like from behind. In real life, those are things you'd often know before you even spoke to a person.

Anyway, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine! It just takes a little time to find the "rhythm" between people. After an hour you'll wonder why you were ever nervous in the first place. :)
  • edited September 2010
    It's odd because you can get to know people really well in some ways online, but not experience the most basic things such as how they walk, or what they look like from behind. In real life, those are things you'd often know before you even spoke to a person.

Absolutely! It has happened to me lots of times... I can't think of many people in my life that I'm in contact with right now and didn't meet online... So you'd think I'd be used to it by now! But as I said, online you experience a person with zero to two senses (you might get to see what they look like and hear them, at most), and once you meet them it's 3D and with all senses... You can touch, smell and in theory taste them. You get a notion of them in volume, very different to what you get from pictures... ever met a famous person only to think "hey, I though (s)he'd be shorter/taller"?

When you get to actually meet someone from online, too, it's usually a very immersive experience. In my case, it pretty much has always involved living with them (be it for just a day or for years) so you go from no interaction to lots of it. You get to know the small gestures and expressions, the person's tastes, the weird things they do...
    I'd say the more you know the person, the more nervous you might be that something will go wrong, but at the same time the less likely it is that it will.
    Anyway, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine! It just takes a little time to find the "rhythm" between people. After an hour you'll wonder why you were ever nervous in the first place. :)

Yeah, he says he won't let me be nervous or awkward :p

I think if I had been able to go to PAX as originally planned it would have been easier because I would have met more people, who would all have met for the first time as well, and so on, making it less of a big deal. On my wedding, I met at the very least half the guests for the first time in the flesh, and apart from checking with people who they were (I hadn't seen pics of most of them lol), there was absolutely nothing awkward at all.
    However when I first met my husband or my childhood friend Sev, it was pretty awkward for the first... half-day I'd say, at least. And I meant reaaally, awkward, the "I don't talk and don't look at you directly" kind. Then some lingering awkwardness over like a week but things felt much more natural.

I'm worried this might happen with Sean too. Half a day out of (less than) two days is a pretty big amount.
    edited September 2010
    You can touch, smell and in theory taste them.

Oops, maybe I should've gone easier on the garlic this week. :p
    I'm worried this might happen with Sean too. Half a day out of (less than) two days is a pretty big amount.

Yeah, I do wish I had a little more time at PAX just to hang out with people. I have to leave early Sunday morning, so I won't be able to spend more than 48 hours with anyone.

Even though half a day out of two IS a fair proportion of awkward, next time around you'll already be familiar with each other, so should be able to skip the awkward and get straight to the awesome.
  • edited September 2010
    Even though half a day out of two IS a fair proportion of awkward, next time around you'll already be familiar with each other, so should be able to skip the awkward and get straight to the awesome.

And the awesome will be fantastic.

Also, damn you for quoting a typo I made! Now it's written down for posterity :p
    edited September 2010
    Also, damn you for quoting a typo I made! Now it's written down for posterity :p

Typo? What typo? ;)
This discussion has been closed.