The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    What a awkward situation I'm in, for me.:D There has been immense sexual tension between her and I but she has a boyfriend. She looked so hot today and was such a tease, I wanted her so badly and turned her down. She really comes on strong some times and I don't directly use it against her but I always end up with that tension and I want her so bad and I think I might just come out and say it but I'm not going to ask her to break up with her boyfriend and I don't want to screw behind his back...
  • edited September 2010
    I'm annoyed at Greendot and Wal*Mart right now.

Currently, I own two cash cards, one with $3 left and one with $4 left. Recently, I canceled part of a TTG order, and got a refund of $33 to the card with $3 left. That refund hasn't came yet, and it's Greendot's fault, not TTG's. They are apperently TERRIBLE at processing refunds. The other card(from Wal*Mart) is only a "placeholder" card that can't have any more money added on to it until the real one comes in the mail. The items I am being held back from getting because of this:
    25 Animaniacs episodes on iTunes
    Garry's Mod
    Team Fortress 2

TL,DR: Financial troubles are prevening me from getting iTunes and Steam stuff.
  • edited September 2010
    Holy hell you guys have been busy today! To answer a question I saw earlier, this is definitely the largest thread in the General Chat board. What's the second largest? Boobs: An Artistic Discussion, which as of this post has exactly 1000 less posts in it. It's also about 500 posts longer than the City That Dares Not Sleep Waiting Thread, and unfortunately has another 700 or so posts to go before it catches up with the LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition Announcement Thread and the Legendary Monkey Island Fanart Thread, which are almost exactly the same length right now. I have no idea about the longest threads on any of the other boards because I don't care about them.
  • edited September 2010
    Well I beat god of war III, and realized...that...the whole series was kind of meh....and dealing with some self esteem issues...good times.
  • edited September 2010
    Here's my night in pictures!

Photo112.jpg

I went to a baseball game with my dad and grandpa. Traffic was so ridiculously thick that we missed 4 1/2 innings (exactly half). This game went exactly the same as the Rockies' last few: they could've won and totally blew it. They were all set to go to the playoffs, then they got swept three in a row by the worst team in the division, and now it'd be a miracle if they made it. And if they keep playing like this for these last few games, they won't.

Photo113.jpg

After the game, one side of the stadium was emptied onto the field to prepare for...

Photo128.jpg

Photo130.jpg

Photo142.jpg

And we were in pretty much the worst possible seats for fireworks, what with the overhang. We pretty much saw nothing.

Afterwards, my dad simultaneously realized that Oktoberfest would be running until 1 am and decided that the crowd coming out of the ballpark would cause really bad traffic that he would "be sitting in for an hour", so he decided that we were going to go to Oktoberfest after the game. It didn't matter that he was already planning to go tomorrow (and I think he's still going to). I hate beer and was tired and wanted to go home, so I was pissed.

Photo146.jpg

Obviously my complaining got me nowhere. I drove us to the game and back home, but my dad somehow got my keys and held them hostage so I had to go with them. At least I got a bratwurst out of it, but that wasn't as good as I was hoping either.

We left around 11 and I came home and did some stuff and now I'm here.

By the way, fireworks are an enormous pain in the ass to take pictures of with a camera phone.
  • edited September 2010
    Well looks like your phone doesn't take too bad quality.
  • edited September 2010
    :( i would have killed to have that sorta night these days.
  • edited September 2010
    Today's the 30 year anniversary of the death of John Bonham. I heard this on the radio and now I'm sad.
  • edited September 2010
    The new episode of Smallville kinda really sucks
  • edited September 2010
    Starting off the final season on a high note then, eh? I missed it and Supernatural thanks to that baseball game, but Comcast gave us a free year of DVR when we added internet and phone service to our cable plan, and I made good use of it. Not sure when I'll have a chance to watch them, though.
  • edited September 2010
    So much for the afterglow...
  • edited September 2010
    I'm wondering just how well getting drunk with friends will mesh with playing Warhammer Online. (with the same friends) Let's find out!
  • edited September 2010
    Im ordering a signed photo from usa for $9.99 and the postage is $13.00 will I have to pay any custom tax for it when it gets here cos somethings Iv had to and others I havnt.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Im ordering a signed photo from usa for $9.99 and the postage is $13.00 will I have to pay any custom tax for it when it gets here cos somethings Iv had to and others I havnt.

I don't think you'll have to pay any customs charges. Generally you have to pay import duty and VAT if the value of the goods + shipping cost + insurance exceeds £18. At current exchange rates, your stuff is worth about £14.50, so you should be fine.

This site might be helpful (there's a charges calculator, but you have to register to use it).
  • edited September 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I don't think you'll have to pay any customs charges. Generally you have to pay import duty and VAT if the value of the goods + shipping cost + insurance exceeds £18. At current exchange rates, your stuff is worth about £14.50, so you should be fine.

This site might be helpful (there's a charges calculator, but you have to register to use it).

thanks I ordered it now I hate paying costums charges XP
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    thanks I ordered it now I hate paying costums charges XP

No problem! Let's just hope the US dollar doesn't go up before it gets here :p
  • edited September 2010
    I just finished watching the Godfather. THREE GODDAMNED HOURS of my life that I will NEVER get back. Everything is bland, I can't take anything seriously, it's way too long, and it DOESN'T EXPLAIN A GOD DAMN THING. I have a short attention span. But does the movie respect that? HELL no! Instead I get 3 hours of pointless conversation with the occasional gunfire and death thrown in. THAT'S a CLASSIC MOVIE? That's BULL! It's not a horrible movie, but it's just not the kind of movie that gets me hooked into the story enough to sit still. Nice try, Greatest Crime Drama of all time, but you're not as good as you're cracked up to be. Next time just EXPLAIN SOMETHING and we'll talk. I could make a better movie than that!

(Ps, I've read the book, so don't tell me to read the book if I want an explanation. The book was good enough to at least keep me interested, but not this poor excuse for an Oscar-winning film.)

Let the comments begin.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm never signing up for another KoF2002 tournament in this country for the rest of my life. Being almost triple perfected 2 out of 3 times in public is just too humiliating *goes cry to a corner*
  • edited September 2010
    louiza wrote: »
    I believe it'd be awesome to possess the ability to available a portal to a pocket dimension. some level of reciprocity is essential available for you to obtain near enough to the someone to fall in love, at the least on the friendship level, though I'm also certain that there are situations that take place to be exceptions.

Wow, you've been reading way back in the thread, haven't you?
  • edited September 2010
    Meh....
  • edited September 2010
    Who on earth gets asked "what superpower would you have?" and doesn't answer "invisibility"...
  • edited September 2010
    Who on earth gets asked "what superpower would you have?" and doesn't answer "invisibility"...

I've always said shapeshifting.
  • edited September 2010
    Shapeshifting is so damn tempting for me, but I think I still have to go with pocket dimension/portal creation. Invisibility is...well, pretty lame.
  • edited September 2010
    Shapeshifting is pretty tempting now I think about it, especially as shapelifting into an ant or something is basically invisibility. Portal would be cool but hard to hide - the military would want to seize your technology.
  • edited September 2010
    If it's a power, they can't take it, and if it's applied properly, they can't possibly hold you.
  • edited September 2010
    Plus invisibility by itself is pretty lame, people would keep bumping into you and you might even get killed accidentally. I'd say you need to be either intangible or invincible to make up for the risks of being unseen.

I'll stick with my apartment thing though.
  • edited September 2010
    I always say Teleportation.
  • edited September 2010
    Pyrokinesis. Though teleportation sounds neat too.
  • edited September 2010
    So much homework!!! Argh, I've spent 3 hours alone on this maths and I still have about 10 pieces to do :(

...and I'd like to be able to fly
  • edited September 2010
    Oh my I love how some of the questions on wikianswers are so obviously homework questions, to the point that they're unanswerable:

"what do we find at 10 degrees west?"
    :D
  • edited September 2010

Me. I always wish for the ability to shapeshift, mainly because it would make getting out of bed easier.
    Plus, I'd be bulletproof.
  • edited September 2010
    I like shapeshifting, too. I always thought it would be fun to experiment and see how far you could take this imaginary power. I'm thinking organs that enable you to shoot lightning. :D
  • edited September 2010
    I'm thinking extra Long Arms and Legs.
  • edited September 2010
    Teleport. So I could go to San Diego Comic Con Illegally =P
  • edited September 2010
    I just found out that a Super Nintendo controller for the Wii is now available, but only through Club Nintendo... and it's 7000 points. Given that you get 100 points for a DS game and 200 points for a Wii game, I don't think there's actually enough games out there that I want to make up 7000 points. Damn them!
  • edited September 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    I just found out that a Super Nintendo controller for the Wii is now available, but only through Club Nintendo... and it's 7000 points. Given that you get 100 points for a DS game and 200 points for a Wii game, I don't think there's actually enough games out there that I want to make up 7000 points. Damn them!
    Dammit, why does your Club Nintendo get that?

It was initially a Japanese Platinum bonus, though I'm assuming yours has "Super Nintendo" on it rather than than Super Famicom? Anyway, the Japanese ones can be bought on eBay for $40-70.
  • edited September 2010
    Dammit, why does your Club Nintendo get that?

It was initially a Japanese Platinum bonus, though I'm assuming yours has "Super Nintendo" on it rather than than Super Famicom? Anyway, the Japanese ones can be bought on eBay for $40-70.

TO EBAY!!!

I think the UK Club Nintendo works a bit differently to the US version, we don't get gold and platinum members, you build up 'star points' by buying Nintendo products (PAL versions only though) and there's a catalogue of things you can exchange your points for. Some of it is pretty awesome, like the plush '?' cubes that make coin and power-up sounds when you hit them. You can also swap star points for Wii points, but the exchange rate is pretty steep. (4000 star points for 1000 Wii points)
  • edited September 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    TO EBAY!!!

I think the UK Club Nintendo works a bit differently to the US version, we don't get gold and platinum members, you build up 'star points' by buying Nintendo products (PAL versions only though) and there's a catalogue of things you can exchange your points for. Some of it is pretty awesome, like the plush '?' cubes that make coin and power-up sounds when you hit them. You can also swap star points for Wii points, but the exchange rate is pretty steep. (4000 star points for 1000 Wii points)
    It's fairly similar in the US and Japan, actually. We have a catalog of(mostly lame) things for which we exchange "coins". You get coins by registering games, mostly. You get more if, for example, before the game comes out you say you intend to buy it, or if you register it within the first few weeks. They occasionally have other surveys and promos(register Netflix disc, get coins, that sort of thing), but for the most part it's registering games.

Gaining points during any given calendar year also raises a second bar, though, the "Platinum coins bar". When you get 10 coins, that bar also gets 10 coins. The second bar doesn't lose coins when you redeem them for regular prizes, but at the end of the "Club Nintendo Year", if you earned enough coins you will be in either the Gold or Platinum tier. Gold so far has gotten a Nintendo Calendar. Platinum last year had a choice between a Mario Hat or an exclusive Punch Out Wiiware game, and this year the Platinum reward was a Mario Statue.

If you're curious about it for some reason, for Wii you get about 50 coins when you register a game, 10 if you intended to buy, 10 if you register in the first week or two(whatever the limit is), and 10 if you complete a post-play survey a few weeks after you register. The same is true for DS games, except they get 30 coins instead when they're registered. This means that if you say you're going to buy it ahead of time, you can get up to 80 coins from a Wii game and 60 coins from a DS game.
  • edited September 2010
    It's fairly similar in the US and Japan, actually. We have a catalog of(mostly lame) things for which we exchange "coins". You get coins by registering games, mostly. You get more if, for example, before the game comes out you say you intend to buy it, or if you register it within the first few weeks. They occasionally have other surveys and promos(register Netflix disc, get coins, that sort of thing), but for the most part it's registering games.

Gaining points during any given calendar year also raises a second bar, though, the "Platinum coins bar". When you get 10 coins, that bar also gets 10 coins. The second bar doesn't lose coins when you redeem them for regular prizes, but at the end of the "Club Nintendo Year", if you earned enough coins you will be in either the Gold or Platinum tier. Gold so far has gotten a Nintendo Calendar. Platinum last year had a choice between a Mario Hat or an exclusive Punch Out Wiiware game, and this year the Platinum reward was a Mario Statue.

If you're curious about it for some reason, for Wii you get about 50 coins when you register a game, 10 if you intended to buy, 10 if you register in the first week or two(whatever the limit is), and 10 if you complete a post-play survey a few weeks after you register. The same is true for DS games, except they get 30 coins instead when they're registered. This means that if you say you're going to buy it ahead of time, you can get up to 80 coins from a Wii game and 60 coins from a DS game.

Wow, that was a lot of words.
  • edited September 2010

That's definitely better than the UK version then, once we've used our points, that's them gone. (as far as I'm aware anyway) Maybe the Super Nintendo controller will be a platinum tier prize for you guys this year.
This discussion has been closed.