The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I think it's silly, like all of the people who wanted refunds for Teahouse of the August Moon because they couldn't spot Marlon Brando (he played a very convincing Okinawan man).
  • edited January 2012
    But was that your real 3000th post or was that factoring "whatever's on your mind" posts?

Doesn't matter. It was my 3000th post at the time, and since I've reached 5000 for the second time, I'm well on my way to twice that.

1st Post
    100th Post
    1000th Post
    2000th Post
    4000th Post
    5000th Post
    5000th Post Again
  • edited January 2012
    I'd go look up all my great landmarks, but I'm pretty sure my first post on this forum was something akin to a single word, probably saying "This" or some other minimal contribution to the conversation. And post number 100 is probably something about me saying "Woo! Post 100!". Same with post 1000 and post 2000.

When I make it to 3000, I'm going to do something special, like say "Woo! Post 3000" in all caps with a weird picture underneath.
  • edited January 2012
    Well, if my "friend" thinks I'm a toxic friend and getting in his way (and according to him, some classmates have been coming to him complaining about me as well, but I somewhat question the validity or extent of this statement).

I don't mind that he complained to me that I don't notice that he doesn't want to talk. I can't see. I CAN'T tell when he's uninterested and the like. What I do mind is him saying, "Nobody cares when you elaborate, when I do it its okay because people are actually interested."

Oh, so it's okay for him to pop in my apartment unannounced for 4-6 hours at a time and talk nonstop about comic books and all the girls he wants to @#$%?

I agree that I go overboard, not mad at him for that. Just don't be a hypocrite.

(Rant over, thanks for the chance to vent)
  • edited January 2012
    He doesn't sound like a very friendly friend.
  • edited January 2012
    I feel a bit used. When he didn't pass exams, he came to me every day for a week, several hours at a time to get help for retaking them. Now he claims that I'm smothering him when he tries to hit on some girls. I guess he has a thing for some of our classmates.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm confused. This "retaking exams" thing... I'm not entirely sure I understand it.

Also, that's not very nice of him. Maybe you should write that down in his friend-severance notice. I mean, I've gone through some problems with friends, but if I ever had one tell me to change who I was because of other people, I would suggest that that friend go and hang out with those other people instead. I find that completely unacceptable.

At the least, you should charge him next time he comes for tutoring.
  • edited January 2012
    I feel a bit used. When he didn't pass exams, he came to me every day for a week, several hours at a time to get help for retaking them. Now he claims that I'm smothering him when he tries to hit on some girls. I guess he has a thing for some of our classmates.
    You shouldn't let yourself get beat up by people who would take advantage of your better nature, you're worth more than that. I'm sorry you were hurt, you deserve better.
  • edited January 2012
    He sounds pretty @#$%ed up.
  • edited January 2012
    And he didn't even prepare for the study sessions. I basically had to attempt to teah his the entire semester myself.

He got to take the exams again due to a medical emergency. He still failed the retakes though.

His core complaints about me, however, wer valid, and I sent an open letter to my classmates explicitly detailing my condition and what that means for social interactions with others, citing that I was doing this due to hearing that people were complaining about some of my unusual behaviors.

I got nothing but positive feedback. Either the other people annoyed with me really don't care for me anyway (in which case, ignore 'em) or he's lying. Whatever. I have better things to do with my time.

On a better note, one of my kimono wil be in a New Years fashion show tomorrow.
  • edited January 2012
    (stuff about an idiot who doesnt sound like he deserves good friends)...On a better note, one of my kimono wil be in a New Years fashion show tomorrow.

Hey, that sounds awesome :) congrats....and is there purple? lol

...damn, guess not. And here, I wanted purple.
  • edited January 2012
    You shouldn't let yourself get beat up by people who would take advantage of your better nature, you're worth more than that. I'm sorry you were hurt, you deserve better.
    I agree. You shouldn't let him belittle you or dismiss your feelings like that, divisionten.

Besides, what's wrong with elaborating? Sure, it's a skill to learn to be talkative without being too verbose (one that I, myself have not mastered, tbh) but that's no reason for him to be a jerk. If you ask me, I think the problem isn't that you talk too much, but that he has real issues being considerate of what other people have to say.
  • edited January 2012
    Johro wrote: »
    Hey, that sounds awesome :) congrats....and is there purple? lol

...damn, guess not. And here, I wanted purple.

Are you talking about the purple kimono I wore last year for Girl's Day? I bought that one. It's silk crepe.

I'm displaying my Portal themed orange and white kimono tomorrow.
  • edited January 2012
    Man, that guy sounds like a dick.

You should tell him to quit being a dick!

If that fails, tell him to bugger off.

You don't need to change yourself divisionten as far as I'm concerned.
    (I bet you're an absolute top bloke in real life! XD)

EDIT: I'd sit down with a nice drink, like a Baileys or a Vodka and Coke, watch a movie and forget about it! :D

(I never have problems like this with my friends fortunately, probably because I am the most sensible of the lot! Can't help but love the stuff we get into though. Man I wish my best friend would get in touch. Its been over 2 weeks since he was last online, and I'm worried he hasn't got his cool-ass super laptop back yet, and I'm desperate enough to send a text! XD)

EDIT 2: Also I randomly posted "I love potatoes!" in Swedish on the Swedish girl' facebook page today, since her swedish friends were all posting love hearts and phrases.

She's going away soon, which is a little sad, but hey, the worlds not as big as it used to be, so who knows, I may bump into her again.
  • edited January 2012
    Toxic friend. If he says you're wrecking his chances with girls when you're in his presence, it's a good excuse to say, "OK, bye!"

(It actually increases a guy's chances with girls if they see other girls happy around him, but there's no need to point this out to him.)
  • edited January 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    toxic friend. If he says you're wrecking his chances with girls when you're in his presence, it's a good excuse to say, "ok, bye!"

(it actually increases a guy's chances with girls if they see other girls happy around him, but there's no need to point this out to him.)

qft!
  • edited January 2012
    Are you talking about the purple kimono I wore last year for Girl's Day? I bought that one. It's silk crepe.

I'm displaying my Portal themed orange and white kimono tomorrow.

Nah, I missed that one. I just like purple. That sounds cool too though.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Gib me your stuffs.

I have the feeling you don't want my stuffs. Because you either have them already OR never wanted one anyway.
  • edited January 2012
    I have the feeling you don't want my stuffs. Because you either have them already OR never wanted one anyway.

But I like possessing other peoples' worldy goods. What'd'ya git?
    edited January 2012
    But I like possessing other peoples' worldy goods. What'd'ya git?

mball.jpg

...a soccer ball in the form of an oversized peanut m&m?
  • edited January 2012
    mball.jpg

Joy! Soccer and peanuts! Two things which I am biologically incapable of enjoying! You're so kind!
  • edited January 2012
    Joy! Soccer and peanuts! Two things which I am biologically incapable of enjoying! You're so kind!

Now I know what to put on my windows and doors to keep the riffraff out! :D
    edited January 2012
    I didn't know about the peanuts. And soccer, well...

...OVERRRRRRATEDDDDD...

Besides, if there's one thing one definitely can't do with this "ball", it's to play proper soccer.
    And if there's one thing one definitely can't do with this "peanut", it's to actually eat it. ;)
  • edited January 2012
    WAITAMINUTE... Pants- you haven't played wheelchair soccer? It's freaking awesome. Right up there with blind baseball. And, yes, I'm serious. Wheelchair soccer chairs have a metal grate attached at the front.

Blind baseball (beepball) is a ton of fun too.

P1-AR190_BeepBa_G_20090817163538.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    It worked! My experiment was a success!

Huzzah!
  • edited January 2012
    I want to make a digi egg!
  • edited January 2012

And with the Belgian national colours!
  • edited January 2012
    I've finished my work on my time machine. I think I'll go back 20 minutes or so just to test it...

Wish me luck!
  • edited January 2012
    I didn't know about the peanuts. And soccer, well...

...OVERRRRRRATEDDDDD...

Besides, if there's one thing one definitely can't do with this "ball", it's to play proper soccer.
    And if there's one thing one definitely can't do with this "peanut", it's to actually eat it. ;)

To be fair, I love my Manchester United. Anyone who likes any team more is automatically a Nazi.

0aTxc.png
    Now I know what to put on my windows and doors to keep the riffraff out! :D

If I'm the riffraff, then you're the peasantry.

WAITAMINUTE... Pants- you haven't played wheelchair soccer? It's freaking awesome. Right up there with blind baseball. And, yes, I'm serious. Wheelchair soccer chairs have a metal grate attached at the front.

Blind baseball (beepball) is a ton of fun too.

P1-AR190_BeepBa_G_20090817163538.jpg

I had no idea either of those things existed. Huh. TIL. Anyway, I'm terrible at being athletic. I guess I could exercise more or something. Iunno.
  • edited January 2012
    To be fair, I love my Manchester United. Anyone who likes any team more is automatically a Nazi.

They suck.

Well not really but still the point remains.
  • edited January 2012
    They suck.

Well not really but still the point remains.

4vmr1.jpg
    edited January 2012

My old linguistics professor loved to explain what a "glottal stop" is by telling the story of how once he went bonkers while sitting in a stadium watching a Manchester United game because all the fans around him shouted "Uni'ed, Uni'ed, Uni'ed, Uni'ed!".
  • edited January 2012
    I was walking around and then I found a crescent moon on the floor now I have 3 UP!
  • edited January 2012
    My old linguistics professor loved to explain what a "glottal stop" is by telling the story of how once he went bonkers while sitting in a stadium watching a Manchester United game because all the fans around him shouted "Uni'ed, Uni'ed, Uni'ed, Uni'ed!".

Yeah, Milwall FC definitely have a better fight song.
  • edited January 2012
    I just noticed that "Manchester United" contains "man chest".
  • edited January 2012
    ಠ_ಠ
  • edited January 2012
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    I just noticed that "Manchester United" contains "man chest".

Well, yes, but it also contains Uni-Ted
  • edited January 2012
    Friar wrote: »
    It worked! My experiment was a success!

Huzzah!
    Friar wrote: »
    I've finished my work on my time machine. I think I'll go back 20 minutes or so just to test it...

Wish me luck!

ohoq9.jpg?1307465686
  • edited January 2012
    Fantastic, I finally get to rest.
  • edited January 2012
    Finished marathoning/catching up with Misfits and Mongrels.

Does anyone know IF (not when, but if) BBC will release these on DVD for their US/online fans? I really want these shows for my collection.
This discussion has been closed.