The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Kane chokeslamed Rider though the stage!
  • edited January 2012
    Going to record a podcast this weekend.
  • edited January 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    True, do you get to choose where you get deported to?

And what country would accept you, being an "enemy of the state" and all? And I'm sure the U.S. would confiscate all your assets, so you'd have to go on their welfare program, too. They'd probably just deport you right back.

Deportation Ping-Pong.

Sounds like a flash game for Newgrounds. Someone should get on designing that.
  • edited January 2012
    Yay, my Blu-Ray of Megamind has arrived, I just don't think I will ever find time to actually watch it. No one want's to see it, and everyone is always in the living room where the blu-ray player and our new 40 inch monitor is. :)
  • edited January 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    True, do you get to choose where you get deported to?

And what country would accept you, being an "enemy of the state" and all? And I'm sure the U.S. would confiscate all your assets, so you'd have to go on their welfare program, too. They'd probably just deport you right back.

Deportation Ping-Pong.

You probably don't. But maybe you get, like, a deportation notice similar to an eviction notice...but BIGGER! Something like "You have not paid the government the respect it deserves, so prepare to move out by July 27" and then you pack your bags and make for Rome.
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    [Forum Weapon] is genius! Now I can yell at people that I've never met using my favorite popular icons!

I'm going to subscribe to that channel immediately so that a witty pre-programmed response is never far from my fingertips.
  • edited January 2012
    [Forum Weapon] is genius! Now I can yell at people that I've never met using my favorite popular icons!

I'm going to subscribe to that channel immediately so that a witty pre-programmed response is never far from my fingertips.

yay.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    THANK GOD that this forum doesn't allow video embedding.
  • edited January 2012
    If I made a game, and it had a time-limited demo of say 2 hours, (so one could try to speed through on another go to see if they can get further), and it was say £5/$7.50 on release, would you guys buy it if you liked it?

Be honest now.

Or. Or. Would maybe trying the old-school 90's shareware approach be better.

Say I release a decent trial version. With content proportional to say Duke Nukem's first campaign, would that be sufficient enough of a trial for someone to guage whether they like a game or not?

Because when/if I eventually get down to making something, I don't want nor expect to make any money, but I do want to provide people with ample opportunity to play and enjoy it.
    (There would definately be no DRM on the full versions that people buy though. I stick to the no DRM philosophy and the laws of common sense!)

Not saying I have anything in the works, because sadly I don't.
    (I just don't have the drive to work on any of my ideas... :()
  • edited January 2012
    Today's a big day for me.

Yep, today is the day I stop using Internet Explorer.

The party is at 7:00 Don't be late.
  • edited January 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Ohey, welcome to 2001. By the way, don't buy flip houses. They're bad news.
  • edited January 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFRytd8J6bU

I'm pretty sure that is the first adventure game I ever played.
    (And it is AWESOME! :D)
  • edited January 2012
    Ohey, welcome to 2001. By the way, don't buy flip houses. They're bad news.
    I remember shit-talking about IE as far back as '97-98. Netscape Communicator was pretty big then.
  • edited January 2012
    and then Netscape was bought by AOL.
  • edited January 2012
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    and then Netscape was bought by AOL.
    Which is hilarious because at the bottom of this page(one of the few from that era that I remember that is still hosted) is an old statement that Netscape Communicator is great, IE is bad, and AOL just sucks.
  • edited January 2012
    Nice to see all the problems I have with YouTube (It saying its fully loaded when not loaded at all and isn't loading, or just flat out not doing anything) are still apparent. So yeah, how about fix'in them problems instead of crappy layouts please.
  • edited January 2012
    Would it be too cliché if I said something along the lines of "that one girl is the only thing in my mind for weeks?".

Well, fuck it, she is.
  • edited January 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Does this mean I will be the only person here who still uses Internet Explorer from time to time? Probably.

Should've made my PC partition a little bit bigger to allow for Firefox.
  • edited January 2012
    My grandmother doesn't use IE, and she isn't even remotely high-tech. She wears a head covering to church, a church that is at times attended by folks who come via horse and buggy.

I'm serious.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2012
    My grandmother doesn't use IE, and she isn't even remotely high-tech.

Does she not use IE because she doesn't have the internet?
  • edited January 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Does she not use IE because she doesn't have the internet?
    She has access to the internet. It's hooked up to a ten year-old machine running on a massive CRT monitor and her internet connection is through a 56k dial-up modem, but she has access to the internet.
  • edited January 2012
    California Telltalers: Comrade Pants - coming to a Bay Area near you, April 2012.
  • edited January 2012
    56k dial-up modem.

They are still around...it's like finding a dinosaur bone.
  • edited January 2012
    I could use a hug.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    profox.gif
  • edited January 2012
    I hope Im the firefox. :p
  • edited January 2012
    coolsome wrote: »
    I could use a hug.

hugs_time.gif
  • edited January 2012
    California Telltalers: Comrade Pants - coming to a Bay Area near you, April 2012.

Duuuude... we need a meetup before I move again.
  • edited January 2012
    whoa.
  • edited January 2012
    What? I've got a job offer I'm not turning down!
  • edited January 2012
    Sounds groovy.
  • edited January 2012
    Doug Walker's Star Trek reviews are awful, lack critical analysis, and should never have been made. This is the first time I've seen any of his reviews and can say I think they're just shouting unfunny jokes at the screen. They're not just bad reviews. They're bad videos and they make him look like a moron and an asshole.
  • edited January 2012
    They're bad videos and they make him look like a moron and an asshole.

So basically, he's become a common reviewer.
  • edited January 2012
    He had a joke admitting he knows nothing bout what he's reviewing, not an uncommon occurrence with him, and then had an unfunny cameo where Angry Joe tried to explain a plot detail to him, and he basically turned it into a joke saying he wasn't going to try to understand anything or explain anything or let anyone else make things clear, he was just going to scream at the screen and complain like an asshole.

Why in the helling hell would he think that was a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.