The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Those guys have been trapped in there for two months right?

Are they all coming out alive? Did no one die within those two months?
    If so, Holy Awesome. If not, That really kinda totally sucks.

They survived somehow without communication for about a month by drinking water of the machines and racionating a can of tuna, and then the goverment take care of them using a tube. They were doing the hole to take them out for about a month and now it's time to get them out. The first rescue worker reached the place. Now 4 rescue workers more and then the first miner out!
  • edited October 2010
    They're covering it live here in the U.S., too. The news just broke into its own story when the first rescue worker made it down!
  • edited October 2010
    I hope you know guys the Digger who made the hole to rescue them is North American ^^!

By the way, first miner out! 32 left!
  • edited October 2010
    I've been watching a bit about the miners on the news. It looks really well organised. Must be good for the reputation of the country! I hope they manage to get them all out before the day is over.
  • edited October 2010
    What a amazing story. I feel a movie coming on though...they are definitely going to cash in on this. Though it's a very inspiring and amazing story.
  • edited October 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I've been watching a bit about the miners on the news. It looks really well organised. Must be good for the reputation of the country! I hope they manage to get them all out before the day is over.

Yep, everything incredible organised, even us as Chileans are surprised about it.
    doodo! wrote: »
    What a amazing story. I feel a movie coming on though...they are definitely going to cash in on this. Though it's a very inspiring and amazing story.

They are already winning money, so, please keep with the story, which is awesome.

And this one has been a weird year for our country: The Earthquake (With a historical telethon), a Decent participation in the World Cup, the Bicentenary, the Miners, and there's still 3 months of this year left! What a year!

Edit: This one is funny
    tumblr_la7mupfd0w1qbqt8go1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1287031648&Signature=MZDIENfpOiLtnvDqTxaKXFRXDHg%3D
  • edited October 2010
    Wish my country had had a better year for its bicentenary, it just keeps getting ****ier and ****ier with all the violence.

Also, finally got around to drawing the "monocle smile" Sam I had been meaning to do for a while, now maybe I should actually get around to drawing those requests...or maybe another silly drawing I dunno >.>
  • edited October 2010
    This whole mine story is really touching. I just pray that there won't be any unforeseen last minute incidents like the capsule gets stuck on its way down to the last miner. There still are nine guys to go.
  • edited October 2010
    its so amazing
  • edited October 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    This whole mine story is really touching. I just pray that there won't be any unforeseen last minute incidents like the capsule gets stuck on its way down to the last miner. There still are nine guys to go.

Just in case, they did another hole and there 2 more capsules if something bad happened with the original capsule. The worst thing that could happen if the capsule get stuck with someone inside but apparently they did have no problems about that in the tests.

6 miners (And 4 rescue workers) to go!
  • edited October 2010
    Weren't they supposed to be stuck down there til Christmas untill the whole thing turned political or something?
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Weren't they supposed to be stuck down there til Christmas untill the whole thing turned political or something?

I know it's a joke but... Can I please be proud of my country in peace? Thanks you :)
  • edited October 2010
    CAn I be proud of your country? In my country if it happened I'm pretty sure at least one person would be dead by now.
  • edited October 2010
    CAn I be proud of your country? In my country if it happened I'm pretty sure at least one person would be dead by now.

Sure!

Edit: 5 to go!
  • edited October 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I know it's a joke but... Can I please be proud of my country in peace? Thanks you :)

Sorry, no harm meant. My friend mentioned it to me in passing the other day and I was wondering, it wasn't a joke. I think you're underestimating just how stupid I am :p
  • edited October 2010
    Ok. Don't worry.

By the way:

68406_1649306150894_1184176414_31853809_5904667_n.jpg

Edit: 3 miners (plus 6 rescue workers) left!
  • edited October 2010
    This is so much more impressive than the last few "aid" attempts made in my country.
  • edited October 2010
    I got a metal sonic toy and now I wana re watch the sonic movie!
  • edited October 2010
    The last one is out. The National Song. I'm crying T_T
  • edited October 2010
    I got a metal sonic toy and now I wana re watch the sonic movie!

I've been wanting to pick up a set of the McDonald's toys from Sonic 3. I've had them all at various points in time, but Tails and the launcher for Sonic went missing almost immediately, and now I have no idea where Sonic, Knuckles, and Robotnik ended up.

To be totally honest, aside from me being a huge Sonic fan, those Sonic and Knuckles toys sort of filled the role of imaginary friends for me when I was little, so those toys are particularly special to me.
  • edited October 2010
    Guru, Whiteout won.
  • edited October 2010
    This is so much more impressive than the last few "aid" attempts made in my country.

ie: "oh shit uh... uh..."
  • edited October 2010
    An all new Chu Chu Rocket! Yay!
  • edited October 2010
    Heaven for everyone - Queen

Seriously that is what is on my mind.

Also, I am for surely going to write at least one story or maybe a novel about Ranger Newman, a character I came up with. Remember my Elder god cthulhu thing I was talking about a while back? The Call of Calamari was the name I liked most there. That still may happen at some point (give it several years) but I am making a lot of changes about who Ranger is.
    My original idea involved him working with a clone of himself. Now he is a clone who found out he died like 7 times. He worked at a science lab and he needs to figure out whether his employee was intentionally killing him or not.
  • edited October 2010
    Guru, Whiteout won.

Yeah, I knew as soon as voting ended, it was just a matter of waiting for them to start selling it again. And now it's out and I couldn't be happier.
  • edited October 2010
    I would have been happier if distortion won, but now I've discovered Lime Crush
  • edited October 2010
    Can I celebrate again?

EPIC WIN!
  • edited October 2010
    Yay for the Chilean miners getting out, and kudos to everyone involved!
  • edited October 2010
    This might upset a few people, but I think Sonic 4 is the second worst Sonic game, even worse than Unleashed. The physics are just plain awful. This video I found does a good job of explaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-1cGzPn3E
  • edited October 2010
    I liked unleashed.

Well, only the day stages.
  • edited October 2010
    I liked unleashed.

Well, only the day stages.

Me too, but I'm mostly talking about the "night" stages. Sonic 4 is even worse than those. How can the original Genesis game have better physics than this complete turd? Colors is actually looking great, though(Unleashed without the night stages), so here's hoping that there will be one good Sonic game this year.
  • edited October 2010
    Hypothetically, is it bad when ones farts barely smell, but when they do they smell mildly like ones pine cologne and pine body wash? And, hypothetically, do odorless farts make one effeminate?
  • edited October 2010
    I want to buy a music box, and get some video game music for it because it..I think that would be amazing.
  • edited October 2010
    Dammit, Wii homebrew is awesome and all, but is it so hard for someone to write an application that lets you copy save files from the SD card to the GameCube memory card? There's two of them, but one crashes your Wii every time you use it and doesn't work most of the time anyway, and the other only works on third party memory cards. All I want is an unlocked Melee save file to replace the one I lost!

Gave up tonight and bought a crappy third party card on eBay for $2.27 from Hong Kong. Fingers crossed.
  • edited October 2010
    This might upset a few people, but I think Sonic 4 is the second worst Sonic game, even worse than Unleashed. The physics are just plain awful. This video I found does a good job of explaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-1cGzPn3E

Have you played the game? Have you played the original games?
  • edited October 2010
    You know, I don't know why it's supposed to be such a big selling point that you can only play as Sonic. Am I seriously the only person who has treasured memories of playing as Tails and Knuckles in Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

And since the likelihood of my opinion matching up with those of reviewers is always totally hit and miss, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic about the game and it's driving me crazy that I can't pick it up until I manage to get out and get a points card.
  • edited October 2010
    On the last boss in Castlevania, seriously...it's been a ride and now it's time for me to end this and wait for Fallout.
  • mbnmbn
    edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Yay for the Chilean miners getting out, and kudos to everyone involved!

The world's attention is definitely on them. I'm very glad for them.
  • edited October 2010
    9 Hours work, I am really tired...
  • edited October 2010
    Namco Bandai do something right in Spain:

2010101415426_1.jpg

Or at least is cute!
This discussion has been closed.