The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That IS surprising. I hear about it all the time and I've never even watched Firefly.

I haven't even heard of Firefly until I watched that movie!:o I did a little research on it after the ending. It would be cool to see it continued.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm afraid of going deaf in my left ear.
  • edited October 2010
    Avi never saw Firefly? There is no god!
  • edited October 2010
    Watching some old universal monster movies, and realize these movies are awesome.
  • edited October 2010
    Avi never saw Firefly? There is no god!

Hey, hey, if anything related to Firefly is proof that there is no God, it's the fact that Joss Whedon exists.
  • edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I'm afraid of going deaf in my left ear.

Wait, what!? Are you actually serious with comment? If so, then that absolutely sucks. Listening to music through headphones won't work properly anymore, nor will listening to music in generally, really.

Are you all that fazed yourself over this?
  • edited October 2010
    I've had Eustachian tube problems since I was a kid. Right now I can't hear through it because it's acting up. They eventually go away, but the periods of not being to hear through it is growing longer every time.

Yeah, it would suck a lot, but if it happens, there's not a whole lot I can do about it.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    You have the right attitude, Tope.

I'd hate to lose hearing in my left ear though - that one's my favourite! I feel completely wrong holding the phone on the right, even though I hear equally well on that side. Maybe it's a left brain vs right brain thing.
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    [...]I feel completely wrong holding the phone on the right, even though I hear equally well on that side. Maybe it's a left brain vs right brain thing.

I feel the exact same way, I have to have the phone in my left hand. The bad thing is that I also write left-handed, so if I ever have to write down a message or some details from the person on the other end, I have to quickly switch the phone into my other hand and put it up to my right ear. (And then I, of course, have to feel all strange holding the phone up to my right ear while I write.)
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way, I have to have the phone in my left hand. The bad thing is that I also write left-handed, so if I ever have to write down a message or some details from the person on the other end, I have to quickly switch the phone into my other hand and put it up to my right ear. (And then I, of course, have to feel all strange holding the phone up to my right ear while I write.)

I totally have the same problem. I eventually just started holding my phone to my ear with my left shoulder so I could free up my left hand for writing. That gets a little awkward after a while though...my shoulder will start cramping on me.
  • edited October 2010
    I really need to pull myself together and buy a new Graphics Card...
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    That IS surprising. I hear about it all the time and I've never even watched Firefly.

Firefly and Serenity are quite good! It's a real shame there's no more. Although, I was watching Castle and he dressed up like a space pirate for Halloween... after I finished wetting myself laughing, I had to have a little sigh that it was probably the last time he'd be dressed up like that...

Giant Tope wrote: »
    I've had Eustachian tube problems since I was a kid. Right now I can't hear through it because it's acting up. They eventually go away, but the periods of not being to hear through it is growing longer every time.

Yeah, it would suck a lot, but if it happens, there's not a whole lot I can do about it.

That's too bad... I have tinnitus in my right ear, and find it hard to hear people properly if I'm not looking at them. At least after a few years I got used to the noise, and I barely notice it now.
  • edited October 2010
    My brother was deaf in his left ear, besides it being redonkulously easy for me to tip him over he seemed to get on with it and just turned the subs on on everything and sat to the right of everyone.

Also, I got a job
  • edited October 2010
    Turned 21 today.

Happy Birthday for yesterday!
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I got a job

Congratulations!

Only thing on my mind is the daunting task of reinstalling every game I own back onto my computer. (I'm moving them from one hard drive to another). I was quite pleased that Steam moved so easily! At least I don't have to redownload anything.
  • edited October 2010
    I hate art class, that is despite loving to draw. I don't know if it's the teacher or the class itself but I really do hate it -___-
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I hate art class, that is despite loving to draw. I don't know if it's the teacher or the class itself but I really do hate it -___-

does your teacher strife and censor you?
  • edited October 2010
    No, not really, the class is about the basics so I don't see much opportunity for that to happen XD
  • edited October 2010
    What part do you hate about it
  • edited October 2010
    I just can't exactly put my finger on that, there's just something about it that makes me not enjoy it at all and do everything with an attitude of "ugh, I just want to get this over with" =/
    edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Also, I got a job

Everyone is getting jobbed up! You, Tope, IcedHope...

I'm hoping for a new job. It's slightly odd in that I already know I have it, it's just I'm not sure whether or not it exists yet.
  • edited October 2010
    I also got jobbed up last monday:)

Currently laughing at this article. I'm sure im not the only one (Schafer)
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6282111.html
  • edited October 2010
    Everyone is getting jobbed up! You, Tope, IcedHope...

I'm hoping for a new job. It's slightly odd in that I already know I have it, it's just I'm not sure whether or not it exists yet.

What's the job? If you don't mind me asking!
    edited October 2010
    What's the job? If you don't mind me asking!

Pretty much the same as what I do now, just a location transfer. Would suit me perfectly. :)

As much as I love London, I'm quite keen on moving, so if I can't do the same job elsewhere then I'll start looking at other options.
  • edited October 2010
    Pretty much the same as what I do now, just a location transfer. Would suit me perfectly. :)

As much as I love London, I'm quite keen on moving, so if I can't do the same job elsewhere then I'll start looking at other options.

Totally! Sometimes switching things up actually turns out to be even more exciting than doing what you already love. Haha, does that make sense! The best of luck to you though!
  • edited October 2010
    It's funny that everyone's getting jobs right now because I also just got another job as well (literally one minute ago). Sure, it's a student job taking notes for disabled students, and sure, it pays a grand total of $12 a week, but still, it's a job.
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I just can't exactly put my finger on that, there's just something about it that makes me not enjoy it at all and do everything with an attitude of "ugh, I just want to get this over with" =/

Basic art class will always be like that. And then you get into professional art classes like "drawing for animation" where you have to draw 100 cowboys by the end of the week or something silly like that.
  • edited October 2010
    I'd hate to lose hearing in my left ear though - that one's my favourite! I feel completely wrong holding the phone on the right, even though I hear equally well on that side. Maybe it's a left brain vs right brain thing.

That's interesting. And you don't seem to be the only one!
    I usually put the phone on speaker so I don't have to hold it to either ear, but when it's not on speaker I change ears constantly. I really don't have a favourite one at all.
  • edited October 2010
    Today in "I'm going to be flamed for this": Ducktales was an awful show.
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

I have to respectfully disagree. Although it was not one of my favorites(I was more of a Goof Troop or Chip n' Dale kid) it was still good, in my opinion.
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

*soaks Remolay in gasoline and lights up a match*

...Oh, THAT flaming.

*throws away match...which coincidentally lands near Remolay anyways*
  • edited October 2010
    Yay for the job fairy goin around telltale!
  • edited October 2010
    Could do with that job fairy myself. It doesn't help that I'm not in the best position to be getting a new job what with starting jury service in a couple of weeks.
  • edited October 2010
    Sonic 4 is a rip off four stages, and the game is 15 bucks...Sega I am disappoint.
  • edited October 2010
    10 bucks on Apple App store. It's only episode one, but they made 4 stages so expensive they might not make enough money to be able to go through with episode 2.

Why didn't they just do something like Sonic Rush, those felt very classic.

Man, If I had any idea where my iPod Nano was, I'd be playing Sonic 1 right now/
  • edited October 2010

My father is joining you in rejoicing. He just finished reading the Hobbit for the eleventy-first time. Actually, come to think of it, I'm fairly pleased by this announcement myself.
  • edited October 2010
    This is the The "whatever's on your mind" thread right i neeeeed fooooooood someone teach me how to cook
  • edited October 2010
    Tomorrow's the meet-up and TF2 photo shoot with my new friends from the convention last month. I'm really excited about it.
  • edited October 2010
    Would it be so terrible if I had a small fortune?
  • edited October 2010
    Yes.
This discussion has been closed.