The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    indeed.

You know, the way Stephen King writes he lets his subconscious take a lot of it. Read some of his stories from when he was doing drugs (Tommyknockers, Misery). They are allegories for what he was going through.
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    indeed.

You know, the way Stephen King writes he lets his subconscious take a lot of it. Read some of his stories from when he was doing drugs (Tommyknockers, Misery). They are allegories for what he was going through.

Wait, weren't you supposed to explain how we can see into the future or something? Get it together, Remolay, Jesus...
  • edited October 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't mean rape guys/ girls. Sorry it came off that way. I just meant using young 18 year old or so girls who are flirtatious with 23 year old guys. I didn't mean to imply I was considering rape.

I'm sorry that I come off like that and that my post was so misleading. Regardless it was inappropriate and I got a full 6 admin pms about it.

Word choice is key here. When you say things like 'using' a girl, it's totally inappropriate - regardless of how you mean it.

Cut it out. Nobody wants to read this stuff on our forums.
  • edited October 2010
    Word choice is key here. When you say things like 'using' a girl, it's totally inappropriate - regardless of how you mean it.

Cut it out. Nobody wants to read this stuff on our forums.

Ok. I'll stop being inappropriate and stick to games. Games are harmless.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Wait, weren't you supposed to explain how we can see into the future or something? Get it together, Remolay, Jesus...

Jesus isn't with me sorry. But here is my source which obviously got it from another source

http://blastr.com/2010/10/scientists-find-first-real-evidence-you-can-see-the-future.php

Also, I now have more reason for getting a PC sooner, But I want OSX lion now. DANG YOU COMPETING PERSONAL COMPUTER COMPANIES!
  • edited October 2010
    Rather Dashing is hilarious today.
  • edited October 2010
    Jesus isn't with me sorry. But here is my source which obviously got it from another source

http://blastr.com/2010/10/scientists-find-first-real-evidence-you-can-see-the-future.php

cool link from the scifi channel, bro

rather dashing scared the shit out of me today.
  • edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »

Tomato, tomato.
  • edited October 2010
    Rather Dashing isn't talking to me today :(

Granted, I only logged in a few minutes ago. I'll give him some time to answer me.

Doodoo, I find that a mix of regular exercise and meditation (or another calming, relaxing activity of your choosing) really helps. One without the other really isn't as helpful to me, they work as a tandem.

If you can work you way to 30 minutes each every day I think it might really help you. I've never been a very aggressive person, but as far as anxiety and stress go, it's really helped me, and I feel it might do the same about your aggressivity issues.

Don't just vent it. Studies show venting aggravates the problem. (Ever noticed how something you didn't care that much about to begin with, you start getting worked up about and really pissed off with after you start ranting about it?).
    Simply exercising might feel great if you have a lot of aggressivity inside of you, and it's better than lashing out as people, but if you don't add something to learn to calm yourself down as well, you might very well find that on the whole, it actually makes you more aggressive. So just be careful about the way you go at it.
  • edited October 2010
    Each morning I get up I die a little
    can barely stand on my feet
    take a look in the mirror and cry
    lord what you doing to me...

I don't remember all of the rest, but that's whats on my mind right now. I just like the song, nothing wrong with me.
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

Poor Avi, missing out on pwrnap and other injokes she can never be a part of now. I weep for you.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks to some fast scrolling and misreading, I've decided that "Dr. Rocket Pants" is the best name ever.
  • edited October 2010
    as much as i was frightened and scared at the time, pwrnap made me laugh so much.
  • edited October 2010
    Gah, why do I feel so emo at times all of a sudden these days? I mean, it's not like there's even one single real reason for me to be sad seeing how even though life is not exactly how I'd want it to be right now I can't really complain about it.
  • edited October 2010

Hmmm... that's suspicious... suspiciously awesome.

Haha, pwrnap was hilarious... I remember that so well... it was super crazy-funny. Hah! (If I pretend to know what you're all talking about, I'll feel like I'm part of something)
  • edited October 2010
    Doodoo, I find that a mix of regular exercise and meditation (or another calming, relaxing activity of your choosing) really helps. One without the other really isn't as helpful to me, they work as a tandem.

Not the best spelling error to make :D.

...anyway, what's on my mind? There's no direct antonym to 'alert' (verb). I mean, 'distract' is the closest, but it's still not the direct opposite. Why is 'disalert' not a word, damn it!?
  • edited October 2010
    another thing: not only does that article contain shady unsound science, the truth of the matter is that news media often blows science stories far out of context. I would not trust the news for facts about science. I'd wait until the study has been peer reviewed and put forward by real scientists.
  • edited October 2010
    My new computer is filling my mind completely, I know it will take about 2 weeks before I get it, but I can't wait until it does.
    And the money I spent for it, I don't really like to spent a lot of money, but you have to if you want to have nice stuff. :)
  • edited October 2010
    I keep checking the mousetrap in my closet, but all that's on it is ham and peanut butter. I don't like knowing that that thing is running loose in here.
  • edited October 2010
    I keep checking the mousetrap in my closet, but all that's on it is ham and peanut butter. I don't like knowing that that thing is running loose in here.

mmmm peanut butter ham...OWWIE!!
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

Oopsie >.>

I realise the only mice and rats I've had running in any place I've been where pets, but I'm curious, what exactly are you afraid of?
  • edited October 2010
    I realise the only mice and rats I've had running in any place I've been where pets, but I'm curious, what exactly are you afraid of?

Honestly, I'm not afraid so much as creeped out, or possibly more appropriately, grossed out. I don't like the thought of some mouse running around here chewing on things or pooping on things. As it is, this whole thing caused me to find a large spider nest behind one of my bookcases, complete with egg sac and several dead spiders on the ground. Which reminds me, I need to get the little vacuum out tomorrow and take care of that.

I guess I just don't want anything alive running around my house unless it's big enough that I can see it at all times.
  • edited October 2010
    Honestly, I'm not afraid so much as creeped out, or possibly more appropriately, grossed out. I don't like the thought of some mouse running around here chewing on things or pooping on things. As it is, this whole thing caused me to find a large spider nest behind one of my bookcases, complete with egg sac and several dead spiders on the ground. Which reminds me, I need to get the little vacuum out tomorrow and take care of that.

I guess I just don't want anything alive running around my house unless it's big enough that I can see it at all times.

Okay, point taken I guess >.>
  • edited October 2010

what about a wolf?
  • edited October 2010
    Well, a wolf getting into my house is a different problem entirely.

Also, I should mention that I don't have a problem with mice of the pet or laboratory variety (though honestly, I've never encountered either of them). It's the wild vermin type that bug me.
  • edited October 2010
    Also, I should mention that I don't have a problem with mice of the pet or laboratory variety It's the wild vermin type that bug me.

thoes are pretty cool

pinkybrain.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Mice and rats are both very common pets in France, so I've seen plenty. While some people keep them in cage, it's common in households free of bigger pets (such as cats and dogs) for them to just run around and only go to their cage to eat and use the rodent bathroom.
    So I guess I'm really used to the idea of a small rodent (or several) running around the appartment or studio.

I did have a guinea pig, so I get you on the "chewing things" part. I used not to have a single book that didn't have its corners all eaten up. But she never bit wires or anything, which would have been my main worry there, as it would have been pretty dangerous for her.
  • edited October 2010
    Got Old English in an hour. Pretty stoked, I miss working on the language.
  • edited October 2010
    Nan's had a stroke, Mum broke her foot and now Dad is in hospital with a double hernia... what is going on, universe??? No wonder I'm tired...so very tired...
  • edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »

Yaaaaaaaay I'm popular!
  • edited October 2010
    I can go home in 10 minutes. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Sci-fi/fantasy club is having a meeting that I have to hike to in an hour. D&D ahoy!
  • edited October 2010
    Yaaaaaaaay I'm popular!

...today
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    ...today

Actually, that was yesterday now for us.
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

...anyway, what's on my mind? There's no direct antonym to 'alert' (verb). I mean, 'distract' is the closest, but it's still not the direct opposite. Why is 'disalert' not a word, damn it!?

I guess it depends what context you're using the word in, though. If you say, like, "I'm going to alert the guards to your presence" then there really isn't a directly opposite action of that for which a new word is needed. I guess there are a number of words which could be used antonymously (such as "distract", as you said, "placate", "calm", "misinform"), but all of them require specific contexts.
  • edited October 2010
    I hope my entry for the Halloween art contest is done in time...

Also, my Windstone dragon arrived, yay! Now I just need to find somewhere in the UK that a: sells Golden fluid acrylics and b: has the colours I need in stock.
  • edited October 2010
    The opposite of "alert" is "not alert".
    Done!
  • edited October 2010
    Actually, that was yesterday now for us.

Bollicks. Years of plotting, wasted!
  • edited October 2010
    thoes are pretty cool

pinkybrain.jpg

So, what are we doing tonight, SailorCuteness?
  • edited October 2010
    The opposite of "alert" is "not alert".
    Done!

Can't argue with this. We have a winner.
This discussion has been closed.