The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Good. I don't think I could be friends with a poo.
  • edited October 2010
    Good. I don't think I could be friends with a poo.

mr_hankey_the_christmas_poo_by_staceyw11.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    2007-10-10_Southpark_01.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Yep, that confirms it. I could never be friends with a poo.

How did I know that would be the very next post?
  • edited October 2010
    I'm so excited about the new BttF game! Also, I'm feeling something is coming.. something MI-related, because I can't stand still (have had that feeling shortly before the announcements of the SE's and Tales...)

This can only be good!
  • edited October 2010
    Not much to know about us Vikings, we robed, raped and pillaged. :p

And we liked to think there was a god for everything.

Oh, and there where no horns in our helmets. :D

Oh, I know. I may have been born in the States, but my grandmum's full-blooded Norwegian and her sending me a copy of the Prose Edda (among many other Norse mythology books) when I was seven is probably the main reason I'm an early medievalist now.

I found out that my profs are focusing in on more 'civilised' (meaning less fun) aspect to the Vikings, like the interconnecting routes of trade and exploration they utilized. I'm a little worried about this class to be honest. When I signed up it sounded liked we were mainly going to be looking at Viking raids and their impact on the British Isles. Now it looks like we're going to be looking at where the Norse traded furs and when they developed coinage.

Not that those aren't important societal aspects or anything, it's just they are not my particular interest when it comes to the Vikings.
  • edited October 2010
    There's a mouse in my room. Can't do much about it until tomorrow, I guess, but I don't like the thought of it running around in here while I sleep.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, Doug Walker has made it completely impossible for me to ever watch or enjoy Stephen King's IT now.
  • edited October 2010
    His IT review is up!? YAY! *ambles off to watch*
  • edited October 2010
    This is one of those rare occasions when Doug reviews a movie I just watched. IT is one of those horror movies I keep going back to because I just don't get what's scary about it. I honestly think it's hilariously stupid (hence a fun watch in my book. Bad/silly horror films are some of my favorite flicks). Granted, it's not as bad as Sleepwalkers, but it's definitely in the same range in the ridiculousness meter.
  • edited October 2010
    Just finished, still wiping tears of laughter away. :D One of his best.

I've always hated that movie, despite the awesomeness of Tim Curry in a clown suit. The novel is one of my all time favorites, so the movie just reminds me of how badly they butchered the story to fit it inside three hours.
  • edited October 2010
    I've never cared for the miniseries either, and I've never understood why people like It. :P
  • edited October 2010
    I'm currently contemplating the complexities of the spanish language as i translate a comic...

specifically, the word "puedes" which seems to be used a lot...
  • edited October 2010
    I never cared for Stephen King. He writes trashy books that sometimes become brilliant films....it's weird and I don't pretend to know a lot of his work, but everything i've read was like reading a Goosebumps books, except not as entertaining
  • edited October 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I never cared for Stephen King. He writes trashy books that sometimes become brilliant films....it's weird and I don't pretend to know a lot of his work, but everything i've read was like reading a Goosebumps books, except not as entertaining
    I think the problem with his books is that there is alot of filler in them. I don't really care about the characters every movement, when they go for baths etc, I just want to read the book for it's plot! The films are much better in that respect, because they have to trim that stuff out.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm currently contemplating the complexities of the spanish language as i translate a comic...

Well, sorry for my lack of vocabulary!
  • edited October 2010

Unless there's another "puedes" that I don't know about it's just "can you" (for questions)/"you can" (for statements). I don't really see the complexity in the word, then again I'm a native Spanish speaker.
  • edited October 2010

I know the demographic for Goosebumps pretty well. One of them had to ask me to read it for him because he couldn't pronounce the words. I was four. He was like....twelve. Somehow I've never had much respect for Goosebumps.
  • edited October 2010
    I know the demographic for Goosebumps pretty well. One of them had to ask me to read it for him because he couldn't pronounce the words. I was four. He was like....twelve. Somehow I've never had much respect for Goosebumps.

Well they are kids books, they're just not very good. At all
  • edited October 2010
    I do like nostalgia critic, but a lot of the times, his gags just go on too long and it just becomes groan inducing. As well as how he pulls jokes where it's really not applicable because he doesn't understand about it. It seems like he especially doesn't understand animation. I know its all about the gags, but I know some people who don't watch the original content take his word as gospel. It's kinda annoying.

I still enjoy his stuff though.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes but the Nostalgia Critic is a character. He's played more for comedy. Hell, Doug Walker actually likes some of the movies he reviews as the Critic. And I'd bet you anything he understands a lot of the things the "Critic" doesn't, but he's playing it up for comedy.
  • edited October 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    I think the problem with his books is that there is alot of filler in them. I don't really care about the characters every movement, when they go for baths etc, I just want to read the book for it's plot! The films are much better in that respect, because they have to trim that stuff out.

That's almost word for word how I felt about Wicked. Musical>>>>Book
  • edited October 2010
    Yes but the Nostalgia Critic is a character. He's played more for comedy. Hell, Doug Walker actually likes some of the movies he reviews as the Critic. And I'd bet you anything he understands a lot of the things the "Critic" doesn't, but he's playing it up for comedy.

I mentioned that I realized that this is the case. However a lot of people I know take his word as gospel, which is really annoying. It gets to the point that it becomes unfunny.
  • edited October 2010
    Recently been binging QualiaSoup's youtube videos... if you're into philosophy, science, religion, logic or any other boring stuff, you should give them a watch.

Here's a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI
  • edited October 2010
    I saw last weeks TNA cos this weeks episode wont be shown till Saturday. I stopped watching for a while but now Jeff Hardy is champ and turned evil its interesting again.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm getting worse and it sneeks up on me without me even knowing it. I can't hold it together much longer. I just want to beat the crap out of some one in a ring.

Yes, that's it. Yes...

I laugh when I think inside my head, I laugh out loud, when I talk I talk about what I could do to give myself peace of mind, spirit. Maybe I could wail on some one in a boxing ring, or get a punching bag...

I don't know...I don't know.

To be honest, this dark side of my mind is unfolding.
  • edited October 2010
    UM.
  • edited October 2010
    No, it's OM.

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!
    om.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    No, it's OM.

OOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!
    om.jpg

That's what you do. If you want to keep aggression out in some way, make jokes like that/
  • edited October 2010
    Honestly dude, what I do to get aggression is simple. I make jokes, I laugh. I also work out because you know what working out is surprisingly helpful way to get aggression out.
  • edited October 2010
    Woo, mouse traps. Not looking forward to dealing with the dead mice myself, since my dad's going hunting.

And on the subject of catharsis, I use drumming in Rock Band.
  • edited October 2010
    Jeez. This thread gets WAY out of hand when I'm not around.
  • edited October 2010
    Back from my Old english/Old Norse group. God bless York and all the nerds her University holds. Save on the 'net, I've never quite felt as thoroughly at home as I do here.
  • edited October 2010
    I feel like "innumerable" should have a g in it. Ignumerable. Ignumerable.

Ignumerable.
  • edited October 2010
    Bah. I've caught a cold, an now I can't sleep because i keep sneezing :( In the time it took me to type this, I sneezed five times :(
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Honestly dude, what I do to get aggression is simple. I make jokes, I laugh. I also work out because you know what working out is surprisingly helpful way to get aggression out.

I just get out aggression by stabbing people in the face. It's the only way I can get an erecti- cough cough cough. ^^
  • edited October 2010

Like almost all authors, you really have to separate the wheat from the chaff. King is one of my favorite modern writers, but I freely admit that some of his stuff is pretty bad. But when he's good, he is really good.

Try his less conventional novels, like Gerald's Game or Misery. The man does escape stories better than anything else.

His Richard Bachman novels are also a huge change from the norm. The Long Walk should be required reading.
  • edited October 2010
    Pretending I'm producing
  • edited October 2010

You should check out the Nostalgia Critic's review of "IT."
  • edited October 2010
    You should check out the Nostalgia Critic's review of "IT."

This conversation didn't started for that review?

Now is a full circle!
This discussion has been closed.