The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    I just had cake for no reason.

One of the grocery stores I visit makes full size carrot cake cupcakes, which makes it way too easy to have cake for no reason super frequently!

(Lots of stores have the mini carrot cake cupcakes, but I don't think those count.)
  • edited October 2010
    I just realized that Bad Romance is entirely about sex. It's official, I suck.

That sounded better in my head.
  • edited October 2010
    Piccolo= Worst. Babysitter. Ever.

That is all.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    One of the grocery stores I visit makes full size carrot cake cupcakes

Ooh, it's been AGES since I had a nice fresh carrot cake. Storebought are never like the homemade ones, warm out of the oven. *drool*

I'm very tired after staying up late last night to talk to people overseas... timezones are killing me. Good thing those people are worth it!
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Ooh, it's been AGES since I had a nice fresh carrot cake. Storebought are never like the homemade ones, warm out of the oven. *drool*

If you go to pax next year, I will make one!
  • edited October 2010
    It's a dull day at work, almost eveyone we help is on vacation this week, so we barely get any calls. Good thing we have computers with access to the interwebs, otherwise I would die of boredom. :p
  • edited October 2010
    A PAX dessert pot-luck would be incredibly awesome, if slightly nightmarish to arrange.

If such an event were to occur, I'd so do cheesecake, except I'd have no idea how to either get a cheesecake to Seattle or where in Seattle I'd have access to an oven and refrigerator overnight.
  • edited October 2010
    A PAX dessert pot-luck would be incredibly awesome, if slightly nightmarish to arrange.

If such an event were to occur, I'd so do cheesecake, except I'd have no idea how to either get a cheesecake to Seattle or where in Seattle I'd have access to an oven and refrigerator overnight.

Pax planning already? Actually...I think..you can usually ask your hotel to use their oven, and or fridge to store stuff.

I love the new fallout game.
  • edited October 2010
    Or I can just make chocolate helicopters.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm still not sure if I'll go to PAX or DragonCon next year.
    But I'm also still not sure if I'll be legally allowed to go to either yet next year -_-'.
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    But I'm also still not sure if I'll be legally allowed to go to either yet next year -_-'.

I want to go someday to the San Diego Comic-Con. Someday. Because even the Fly Tickets already scare me.
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Pax planning already? Actually...I think..you can usually ask your hotel to use their oven, and or fridge to store stuff.

I love the new fallout game.

Hey, I'm always thinkin'. There's no such thing as a bad time for an idea.
  • edited October 2010

DragonCon is better because it's where Dashing and I go! Here's hoping you'll be able to leave Bastille, the Canada Edition.
    Totally go to DragonCon.
  • edited October 2010
    I think DragonCon might be best for me because it seems smaller and I don't do well in crowds. On the other hand more people from here will go to PAX and I'd like to meet them. On the other other hand, if I'm going to meet people, might as well be people I talk to outside of these forums, such as you and Dashing...

It's hard.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm very tired after staying up late last night to talk to people overseas... timezones are killing me. Good thing those people are worth it!
    Pfff, you're not talking to me, so you're obviously missing out on the coolest guy east of the UK!

...oh wait, going west would be a lot faster. Ah well. If you went east, you'd get here eventually, so I'm totally not wrong.

My roomate's alarm clock keeps going off and they won't hit snooze on it or otherwise shut it up. They're just sleeping through it and it's annoying me.
  • edited October 2010
    Piccolo= Worst. Babysitter. Ever.

That is all.

DODGE!

*Blasts Alcoremortis at point black
    edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    If you go to pax next year, I will make one!

As if I needed another reason to return to PAX! :D

PAX! Do PAX!! Ignore Dashing and Pants (that actually sounds like a rather good name for a tailoring business). They should come too and stop being loser loners over there at Dragoncon. Make it happen, guys.

Also, so far as I know, Telltale doesn't do Dragoncon, which means there is really no decision to make here.

I wanted to ask before - why can't you travel on your French passport?

if I'm going to meet people, might as well be people I talk to outside of these forums, such as you and Dashing...
    Pfff, you're not talking to me, so you're obviously missing out on the coolest guy east of the UK!

I've actually been a bit bummed that some of my favourite people don't post here so frequently any more. Where do you hang out these days, and how do I get in?
  • edited October 2010
    PAX! Do PAX!! Ignore Dashing and Pants (that actually sounds like a rather good name for a tailoring business). They should come too and stop being loser loners over there at Dragoncon. Make it happen, guys.
    I can't afford to attend a con that isn't essentially down the street from where I live.

...seriously, I don't even need to take a bus or train to go there.
    Also, so far as I know, Telltale doesn't do Dragoncon, which means there is really no decision to make here.
    They don't YET.

Come on Telltale, east coast love! A whole new demographic! Come to DragonCon!

I've actually been a bit bummed that some of my favourite people don't post here so frequently any more. Where do you hang out these days, and how do I get in?
    I've had my horrible, hastily-thought up, and overall embarassing IM names from when I was 13 that I should probably change soon next to my posts since I joined. See, right there, under the avatar? Yeah, those. I put those there because people are totally free to talk to me if they think I"m cool. I'm also on Steam and it should be easy to find me in the Telltale groups, and I"m on Skype a lot but that ID contains my last name so I don't spread it around as much, but Alice and Giant Tope have it.

Also, Dragon*Con. You could totally cross the ocean to attend a C-List Comic-Con!
  • edited October 2010

Oh, stop flattering me!

Until there are new games, I can't find any interesting topics to post in anymore.
  • edited October 2010
    Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation. The synonymous term freedom of expression is sometimes used to indicate not only freedom of verbal speech but any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".

Job Interview
  • edited October 2010
    DragonCon is a lot more varied than PAX. Instead of JUST getting people from the gaming industry, there are authors, actors, and a plethora of other sorts teeming about at the con. If you're looking for variety, DragonCon is the way to go. Oh, did I mention the cosplayers? They're pretty awesome, so I'm going to mention them. Well, except the furries. Furries ruin everything.

I've had my horrible, hastily-thought up, and overall embarassing IM names from when I was 13 that I should probably change soon next to my posts since I joined. See, right there, under the avatar? Yeah, those. I put those there because people are totally free to talk to me if they think I"m cool. I'm also on Steam and it should be easy to find me in the Telltale groups, and I"m on Skype a lot but that ID contains my last name so I don't spread it around as much, but Alice and Giant Tope have it.

Also, Dragon*Con. You could totally cross the ocean to attend a C-List Comic-Con!

It's true! I've got his Steam AND Skype tags! If he doesn't give them to you, I can totally be bought. For an additional fee, I'll even cough up the passwords. I'm just cool like that.
  • edited October 2010

Well... Will went back to Georgia, so it's likely he'll go to DragonCon. The other telltale employees I don't care about meeting at all, apart from my boyfriend, who I'll get to see either way. So that argument doesn't actually work in your favour!
    I wanted to ask before - why can't you travel on your French passport?

I've started an application to obtain canadian residency, and until it's done processing I'm not allowed to leave the country, or rather, to re-enter it. I'd also have to re-apply from outside the country and wait until I'm accepted before I can get in, and that could mean a year or more away from my husband.
    Also, although my French passport is valid for 5 more years, it's not biometric so I need a new one as the non-biometric ones aren't accepted by the US anymore, I've been told. And I can't have a new passport remade in this country before I'm legally in it. And if I go to France to have it remade, see above.

Same as Dashing. I actually talk with these guys mainly on emessene, although I'm also on Skype.
    edited October 2010
    Well... Will went back to Georgia, so it's likely he'll go to DragonCon. The other telltale employees I don't care about meeting at all, apart from my boyfriend, who I'll get to see either way.

I think next year's Dragoncon is on the weekend after PAX, so you could conceivably spend a week in the US and do both. Seattle -> Atlanta road trip!

I'm going to claim Will though - you already have two men, leave some for the rest of us! ;)
    [Passport stuff and border controls]

That's pretty harsh. I'd be going nuts if I had to stay put for that long.

A couple of my work colleagues have moved on recently, so I'm needed in the office all the time and can't take leave until someone else gets trained up. I feel absolutely trapped right now. It's not that London is a bad place to be, I just hate this feeling of having my wings clipped. Can't imagine what it would be like for months and months on end. :(
  • edited October 2010
    By the way, I have to thanks the forums for my level in English, which help me out in a Job Interview just recently. Thanks!
  • edited October 2010
    I think next year's Dragoncon is on the weekend after PAX, so you could conceivably spend a week in the US and do both. Seattle -> Atlanta road trip!

If that's the case, sure!
    I'm going to claim Will though - you already have two men, leave some for the rest of us! ;)

No can do! I gave you Shauntron so I could have Will, remember?
    Also, I don't mind sharing any of my men, so there is no reason we can't both have him. Please don't ask him to choose, you're so much hotter than me I just don't stand a chance.

Plus you already spent all of your time with him this year at PAX >.>
    That's pretty harsh. I'd be going nuts if I had to stay put for that long.

A couple of my work colleagues have moved on recently, so I'm needed in the office all the time and can't take leave until someone else gets trained up. I feel absolutely trapped right now. It's not that London is a bad place to be, I just hate this feeling of having my wings clipped. Can't imagine what it would be like for months and months on end. :(

Yeah, I've been feeling trapped for years now. I was feeling trapped in France for different reasons, and I've been trapped ever since moving to Canada. It really sucks, but I tell myself it's only temporary.
  • edited October 2010
    At least you're stuck in a nice place, though! Granted, I was there as a tourist, and tourists get a nicer view of just about anything, but it's hardly the worst place to be! Weather is nice(unless you're one of those "sunshine is good" types), the tube is reliable and fairly thoroughly expansive, and your real-life cop shows are hilariously bland!

...well, that last one has nothing to do with the city, actually, but whatever.

And besides, it's one of the true world metropolises. Go do something! Surely you can find things to do in a major city like London. Do something new every once and awhile and you'll feel less trapped and stuck.
  • edited October 2010
    I feel stupid for getting freaked out by Sligs from Oddworld when I was younger.

20080301202033!Slig.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    They don't YET.

Come on Telltale, east coast love! A whole new demographic! Come to DragonCon!

Speaking as someone living in Georgia (and went to my first DragonCon this year, yay!) - this would be awesome. Extremely awesome.
    edited October 2010
    If that's the case, sure!

Confirmed!

PAX Prime 2011: Fri 26 - Sun 28 Aug

Dragon*Con 2011: Fri 2 - Mon 5 Sep
    At least you're stuck in a nice place, though! Granted, I was there as a tourist, and tourists get a nicer view of just about anything, but it's hardly the worst place to be!

Why Dashing, I do believe you might be trying to cheer me up. :p

You are absolutely right of course. There's nothing like a foreigner to make you appreciate what you have at home.
  • edited October 2010
    Why Dashing, I do believe you might be trying to cheer me up. :p
    Yeah, well, don't spread it around.

...Besides, it's probably a self-serving desire to live vicariously through someone living in a major world metropolis because I miss New York and I liked London. So yeah, I'm totally not a nice guy. Nope.
  • edited October 2010
    Confirmed!

PAX Prime 2011: Fri 26 - Sun 28 Aug

Dragon*Con 2011: Fri 2 - Mon 5 Sep

Awesome! Any way we can form a group and take the road trip together, and go to both cons? I'm up for it, you seem to be as well (unless I'm mistaken), who else wants in?
  • edited October 2010
    Awesome! Any way we can form a group and take the road trip together, and go to both cons? I'm up for it, you seem to be as well (unless I'm mistaken), who else wants in?

I volunteer Dashing to put together an expensive Telltale banquet for all of the travellers.

Reaper Lyn wrote: »
    Speaking as someone living in Georgia (and went to my first DragonCon this year, yay!) - this would be awesome. Extremely awesome.

Oh! If you saw a guy wandering around cluelessly with a Bender head or a wheelchair guy in a Soviet uniform, you likely saw Rather Dashing and I!
  • edited October 2010
    I want to go T_T

In other news, I'm discovering Manga Studio. I love the Brush tool ^^!
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, fight on my Pax minions fight for it!

Also, now that I'm thinking about it I'm going to start planning the Pax TTG Dinner!
  • edited October 2010
    We should probably go somewhere cheaper this year... durp.
  • edited October 2010
    Next message is number 3000. Who will get it?
  • edited October 2010
    eh, who cares?
  • edited October 2010
    3000 POSTS! :guybrush:

...so, now what?
  • edited October 2010
    Oh you North Americans and your many conventions. Mind you, I'd probably go to more UK ones if I could be arsed with the travelling, the only ones I go to regularly are both in Glasgow. Collectormania, because I always need more 80s toys, and the Model Rail Scotland because you get the most awesome scenic supplies and tools there. Well, I guess there's Games Day/Golden Demon as well, but it's for Games Workshop stuff only and is pretty much "Look! You can buy these new releases a whole fortnight early! BUY IT NOW! GIVE US YOUR MONEY!" (and then six months later you're wondering why the hell there's Forge World stuff in with your modelling supplies)

I'd pick Dragon*Con over PAX though, because it has Robot Battles and is endorsed by Michael Moorcock.

Also, I think HMRC has totally ripped me off over the customs charges for my Windstone dragon. I thought they could only charge VAT on the value of the item in the package, but they've charged me for the postage costs as well. Bastards.
  • edited October 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I want to go T_T

I know how you feel, I hate how I'd need to buy an international flight ticket every single time there's an awesome event T___T

*sigh* Even in my own country all the cool events are hours away.
This discussion has been closed.