The "whatever's on your mind" thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    We should probably go somewhere cheaper this year... durp.

Yesh, but if you think about it we got free shirts as well.

Jen is fortnight a real word?
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Jen is fortnight a real word?

I'm not Jen, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Also, I'm gonna suggest this on the cheapo side. It looks simple, but pretty good.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Also, I think HMRC has totally ripped me off over the customs charges for my Windstone dragon. I thought they could only charge VAT on the value of the item in the package, but they've charged me for the postage costs as well. Bastards.

Yep, and they'll include insurance in the VAT calculations as well. I concur with your closing sentiment.
  • edited October 2010
    3000 POSTS!

Wait, it took this thread four months to get 100 pages and less than one month to get another 50? wtf?
    eh, who cares?

Now that's a good 3000th post.
  • edited October 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yep, and they'll include insurance in the VAT calculations as well. I concur with your closing sentiment.

That is so unfair. Charging VAT on the goods is fine, but not on the postage and insurance! Actually now that I think about it, I think insurance *does* have VAT charged on it, but postage doesn't! Bloody customs and excise.

And yes Icedhope, 'fortnight' is a real word.
  • edited October 2010
    Right now, I am repressing the urge to play this song over and over again. It's addictive.

As a side note: Whoever it was that openly recommended everyone to watch Dragonball, I wish to inform you that you have created a monster. Congratulations. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Right now, I am repressing the urge to play this song over and over again. It's addictive.
    I had the same problem when it came out, and I'm not even that big of a latter-era Disney fan.
    As a side note: Whoever it was that openly recommended everyone to watch Dragonball, I wish to inform you that you have created a monster. Congratulations. :D
    As long as you're not watching the dub, you're welcome. :)
  • edited October 2010
    eh, who cares?

Best milestone post ever.
    Oh! If you saw a guy wandering around cluelessly with a Bender head or a wheelchair guy in a Soviet uniform, you likely saw Rather Dashing and I!

It's entirely possible that I did! I remember seeing at least one Bender, but there was so much to see I was pretty overwhelmed (aka I was wondering around cluelessly too). XD I did see a group of Tales of MI cosplayers, though - they were awesome. That made the con for me. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Reaper Lyn wrote: »
    Best milestone post ever.

It's entirely possible that I did! I remember seeing at least one Bender, but there was so much to see I was pretty overwhelmed (aka I was wondering around cluelessly too). XD I did see a group of Tales of MI cosplayers, though - they were awesome. That made the con for me. :D

I can't remember if I saw them or not, but my costume was commented on by Voltaire (the musician, not the philosopher) and it made my sort of / kind of ex jealous. That made the con for me.
  • edited October 2010
    Ha! I'll have to tell my friend about that. He's a diehard Voltaire fan, and he really wanted to go to the con. /schadenfruede
  • edited October 2010
    I'm melting here... or at least I was... My secret base is too hot for stay during the day...
  • edited October 2010
    Layton x Ace Attorney crossover, a new Letter Bee chapter, man, what a great day :D

Also, just watched the SSFIV OVA and man, Juri is a ****ing b**** and a mary sue >__>
  • edited October 2010
    UGH today is a HORRENDOUS day to be short $51. That's an amazing price for 14 indisputable classics of cinema.
  • edited October 2010
    Wait, it took this thread four months to get 100 pages and less than one month to get another 50? wtf?

Momentum!
    Reaper Lyn wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that I did! I remember seeing at least one Bender, but there was so much to see I was pretty overwhelmed

For clarification, he wasn't dressed as Bender, he was carrying around a life-size plastic Bender head.
  • edited October 2010
    Double Fine's Costume Quest is out now on PS3. If you have a PS3. go buy it. If you have/prefer an Xbox 360, buy it tomorrow.
  • edited October 2010
    It has been proven scientifically possible to see the future. I'm slightly less crazy than you all think
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    It has been proven scientifically possible to see the future. I'm slightly less crazy than you all think
    Show us your indisputable evidence. It must be indisputable since, after all, you've stated this as an obvious fact that requires no real proof(other than a vague assertion that "science" has "proven" it), but please indulge my stupidity when it comes to divining your sources(despite my proven amazing cognitive superpowers).
  • edited October 2010
    One of those nights...crazy crazy nights...
  • edited October 2010
    I am like MacGyver. I just made a fake mint condom out of gum wrappers and chewing gum.

165bwp.png

I think I'll give it to a friend as a prank.
  • edited October 2010
    I am like MacGyver. I just made a fake mint condom out of gum wrappers and chewing gum.

The difference is, the stuff that Mac Guyver makes actually works.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh it serves exactly the purpose I want it to serve.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh it serves exactly the purpose I want it to serve.

So many perverted things come to mind that are best left unsaid.
  • edited October 2010
    Hey Doodo...

35kinmh.jpg
    Want a free mint condom?
  • edited October 2010
    LIAR!

You look nothing like Sponge Bob! :mad:
  • edited October 2010
    I want the forced to unleash to come.
  • edited October 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I want to force the come to unleash.
    Is that really worth more than a rental?
  • edited October 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    LIAR!

You look nothing like Sponge Bob! :mad:

104hzeo.jpg

Nonsense. Now take a condom you little canker.
  • edited October 2010
    Fallout New Vegas is a time vampire and Hardcore mode is raping me. Goddamn Super Mutants.
  • edited October 2010
    Fallout New Vegas is a time vampire and Hardcore mode is raping me. Goddamn Super Mutants.

Yep.
  • edited October 2010
    If Hardcore mode DIDN'T rape your brains out, then I'd be pretty disappointed in its false moniker.
  • edited October 2010
    Is that really worth more than a rental?

It has star wars on it, and it's a fun little physics toy like you said...so to me yes.
  • edited October 2010
    Got my Viking Archaeology class in an hour and I've only been able to do half the reading because somebody took the texts I needed out of the library and the prof set out the wrong documents for us to photocopy. Here's to hoping I don't make myself look like an idiot on the first day....
  • edited October 2010
    Dashing said he wouldn't do a Telltale banquet for DragonCon. What an asshole.
  • edited October 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    Got my Viking Archaeology class in an hour and I've only been able to do half the reading because somebody took the texts I needed out of the library and the prof set out the wrong documents for us to photocopy. Here's to hoping I don't make myself look like an idiot on the first day....

Not much to know about us Vikings, we robed, raped and pillaged. :p

And we liked to think there was a god for everything.

Oh, and there where no horns in our helmets. :D
  • edited October 2010
    My friend said my car smelled funny, so I got an air freshener. Now my car smells vaguely like vanilla and I have a weird little bag under the seat.

My friend said my room smelled funny, so I got an air freshener. Now my room smells almost kind of like apples or something and I have a weird little plastic thing sitting on my dresser.

I'm starting to question 1. whether or not my friend has something smelly inside her nose, 2. why I keep listening to her, and 3. why the hell every air freshener on the market sucks.
  • edited October 2010
    Windows work just as well as air fresheners (if not better). Why waste your money?
  • edited October 2010
    1. Because it's autumn and it's cold outside. Here in Colorado, there's a 50/50 chance that it'll be snowing on Halloween. One time, we had a blizzard.
    2. Because my room is in the basement and I can't get a damn breeze through here for anything.

Also, my dog (and most of the time my sister's at well, since she rarely sleeps at home anymore) sleeps in my room, so I'm going to try the pet odor formula Febreze and see if that does anything.
  • edited October 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Windows work just as well as air fresheners (if not better). Why waste your money?
    What about Apple OSX? :p
  • edited October 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    What about Apple OSX? :p
    I thought it was only a matter of time until someone made a joke like that :D. Congratulations, sir!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    I'd just like to share how the "Are you a poor student?" thread shows up in my tabs at the moment:

Attachment not found.

No, no I am not.
This discussion has been closed.