The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Denisac wrote: »
    Also, isn't the guy with the big hair on the right braidy culture?

No, that's Jurgen.
  • edited August 2010
    Based on the patterns of previous episodes, I would say that nobody who was a previous episode or season baddie could be this season's baddie, and nor could anyone who did not appear in the majority of this season's episodes.
    So that eliminates Papierwait's, Skun'kape's, Harry Moleman's and Buster Blaster's possibilities. So who could it be?
    Mama Bosco is too... loyal.
    It could the molepeople under S&m's builduing, especially Nefertiti... I mean, look at her fighting skills. She would make one hard final boss, wouldn't she?
    Superball is already suspicious. Could he be making deals with the molepeople? He guards their door, they bring about the apocalypse?
    It could be Sal. He's suspicious, right? But he said that killing seems so ... deadly. But we WILL understand Sal's story a bit more, or at least I hope so.
    Skun'kape's "men" are too stupid and brainwashed.
    Dr. Norrington seems to have changed permanently from a vicious Elder God to a kinder person.
    Girl Stinky is the side story. So is Flint Paper. Did I miss anyone?
  • edited August 2010
    How to assemble the ultimate team:

1. Kill one of the clones

2. Take their soul token

3. Go to hell

4. Rescue Sameth and Maximus

5. Let them do the job while you sit back and relax

Please do this telltale, I want Sameth and Maximus to come back
  • edited August 2010
    sal faked his death and wants to get back at sam and max for abusing him.
  • edited August 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »
    By the way, most of the previews of the next Sam and Max game(for this season at least) have come when the month was half past. (specifically on the 13th, the 15th, and the 16th). I expect the preview for TCDNS will be posted within the next three days. Who's going to check on youtube.com/telltalegames for the preview every day starting tomorrow? I'm personally trying to check it every 6 hours.
    yep, im watching telltale blog, and youtube like 3 times for day xD, waiting for the previwe of this episode.
  • edited August 2010
    I want Sameth and Maximus to come back

I'm totally with you , Sameth and Maximus is the best characters int this season ..
  • edited August 2010
    Sammun-Mak has to return too!
  • edited August 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Sammun-Mak has to return too!

No. We don't need that whiny pharoh back.
  • edited August 2010
    No. We don't need that whiny pharoh back.

Exactly, I say we stomp on his brain and hit it with a hammer.
  • edited August 2010
    I have a feeling he'll be back.
  • edited August 2010
    I could do without Sammun-Mak...

Bah, more annoying than Baby Amelia. That's *quite* annoying you know...
  • edited August 2010
    Exactly, I say we stomp on his brain and hit it with a hammer.

Better yet, let monster Max step on it/the museum...then we hit it with a hammer.
  • edited August 2010
    even better let monster max step on new york and hit it with a hammer because that the biggest thing i could think of
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    even better let monster max step on new york and hit it with a hammer because that the biggest thing i could think of

Seriously? The biggest thing you could think of is a hammer?
  • edited August 2010
    Consider this game a huge Nintendo victory(even though they had nothing to do with it) if giant monster max gets a Smash ball! If he does, hope and pray Nintendo doesn't threaten to sue TTG.
  • edited August 2010

Well, with a hammer like this, it sure is the biggest thing I can think of too to hit someone with >.>
  • edited August 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Well, with a hammer like this, it sure is the biggest thing I can think of too to hit someone with >.>

youtube wrote:
    This video contains content from Starz Media LLC, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, I hate it when that happens. It was a video of GaoGaiGar's Goldion Crusher, a hammer that dwarfs even giant mecha >.>
  • edited August 2010
    Malleys wrote: »
    Well, technically his superior is Max, and now he's an horrible monster, so yep, his superior is evil.
    [/QUOTE well, I dont think of max as an evil character, more as pure one, that dosent is corrupted with the filter of moral, so he can enjoy what others perceive as evil, as somthing funny, as mush as he can enjoy childish joucks :). Going more far i think Sam enjoys that of Max, but maybe this is to mush speculation from my side xD.
  • edited August 2010
    gilau wrote: »
    Well, I dont think of Max as an evil character, more as a pure one, that isn't corrupted with the filter of morals, so he can enjoy what others perceive as evil, as something funny, as much as he can enjoy childish jokes :). Going further, I think Sam enjoys that of Max, but maybe this is to much speculation on my part xD.

I think we all see this of Sam & Max. Episodes 106 (where Max loses his vices and Sam hates the empty Max) and 205 (where Sam's personal hell is Max being replaced by Peepers and how he reacts) are perfect examples.
  • edited August 2010

i ment monster max steping on new york
  • edited August 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I think we all see this of Sam & Max. Episodes 106 (where Max loses his vices and Sam hates the empty Max) and 205 (where Sam's personal hell is Max being replaced by Peepers and how he reacts) are perfect examples.
    agree :)
  • edited August 2010

He's quoting the Beatles song. You know "Maxwell's silver hammer"
  • edited August 2010
    "Bang, bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down upon her head..."
  • edited August 2010
    Since there will obviously be major spoilers in any trailer TTG comes out with for The City that Dares not Sleep (I mean, they would have to show at least part of the beginning and some ~mid-game gameplay- meaning we will be able to guess Max's fate-, but not the end, if they were to follow their previous trailer pattern for this season), does anyone think that they will not release a trailer?
  • edited August 2010
    I don't know if I'd call Max pure, but there's something kind of innocent about him. It's like he's a little kid in his head. Like in "Culture Shock," when you examine the clock in Sybil's office, and he asks, "Sam, if it's always getting later, how come it's early sometimes?" It's cute. :p
  • edited August 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »
    Since there will obviously be major spoilers in any trailer TTG comes out with for The City that Dares not Sleep (I mean, they would have to show at least part of the beginning and some ~mid-game gameplay- meaning we will be able to guess Max's fate-, but not the end, if they were to follow their previous trailer pattern for this season), does anyone think that they will not release a trailer?

I agree they'd spoil too much if they even showed a milisecond of the episode, fear not though, only about a week to go untill we have our hands on the full game
  • edited August 2010
    He's quoting the Beatles song. You know "Maxwell's silver hammer"

Have you seen Slipbrat's other posts?
  • edited August 2010
    Final-Boss wrote: »
    I agree they'd spoil too much if they even showed a millisecond of the episode, fear not though, only about a week to go until we have our hands on the full game

Do you have any information on the release date, or is this just wishful thinking?
  • edited August 2010
    A week after the trailer I think is being meant.

Although there was less time than that with 304.
  • edited August 2010
    I think in 305, we'll hear the Sam Clones (and Sam) "preparing the Toys". Which possibly means they're going to add psychic powers to new toys re-creating the Toys of Power and then possibly using Gordan in Skun-ka'pe's body to control the Toys.
  • edited August 2010
    I think there will be something AMAZING!
  • edited August 2010
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    Do you have any information on the release date, or is this just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking :(
  • edited August 2010
    I bet you have to go inside of Monster-Max and destroy whatever it is making him like this.

I CALLED IT

Edit: DAMN! I just read back a few pages, nevermind.

How about this then- Agent Superball's superior/boss is The Narrator... and they're aliens!
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if one of the puzzles was making yourself look delicious.
  • edited August 2010
    Lawton wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if one of the puzzles was making yourself look delicious.

I wonder if that's where the egg mentioned on the ESRB website comes in?
  • edited August 2010
    Lawton wrote: »

Max specifically said that Sam already looks so "damn tasty" that he has fantasies about eating him. I don't think looking delicious is gonna be a problem, if, for some bizarre reason, you end up TRYING to get eaten. -_-'
  • edited August 2010
    i hope its a musical.
  • edited August 2010
    I think there will be something AMAZING!

Oh, HELL to the NO!
  • edited August 2010
    Skun-ka'pe well be in this episode and then he dies of murky possessing if you what to no how I now how I now this go to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRkUqCZSEs&feature=search
Sign in to comment in this discussion.