The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I really hope in this Episode we'll see Sal as the main villain. I bet he's really a cockroach from.....

THE DARK DIMENSION!!!
    my bid are on either the narrator or junior
  • edited August 2010
    My bid is on the Narrator - his desk appeared in 304.
  • edited August 2010
    i am thinking the narrator is the devil
  • edited August 2010
    If I know something from Telltale, it's that they don't give away major plotpoints in the FIRST trailer of the ENTIRE SEASON.

So I think Narrator has nothing to do with it.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm looking at it this way, why can't the Narrator just be a Narrator? Why does he have to be the devil or some kind of hideous demon? I think he's just some guy in the universe telling about how it ended, OR!!! He's from the past, like long long past, and he discovered Future Vision long ago and is telling all he has seen.
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I'm looking at it this way, why can't the Narrator just be a Narrator? Why does he have to be the devil or some kind of hideous demon? I think he's just some guy in the universe telling about how it ended, OR!!! He's from the past, like long long past, and he discovered Future Vision long ago and is telling all he has seen.

It's just because;

1- He said it's his OWN playhouse, in the first trailer.
    2- Telltale has made every one of us paranoid about every supporting character. Congratulations.
  • edited August 2010
    why does he have a playhouse and the name is the devils playhouse
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

"Welcome, my friends, to my playhouse of the bizarre."
  • edited August 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »

Which contradicts with
    Yog Soggoth's explanations on the issue, as Devil's Toybox is a name given by people and their limited imagination and myths, as Devil in question is actually Junior.

As I said in another topic a while ago, playhouse is most likely Planet Earth itself, and Narrator says he owns it because he has a god-like view on the happening events. That does not mean he's the villain, or contribute to the story in any way.

Telltale won't spoil the master villain of the entire season in the first TRAILER.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    If I knew when the trailer was going to be released, I would tell you ... or at least I would tell you that I know. I don't know though.
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    If I knew when the trailer was going to be released, I would tell you ... or at least I would tell you that I know. I don't know though.

What exactly is holding it up? I realise there must be a good reason behind it (and hence I don't quite mean hurry up).
  • edited August 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I'm okay with vague hints. Lay on the vague hints, people.
    Soon

Vague 'nuff?
  • edited August 2010
    Soon

Vague 'nuff?

Nope. Not vague enough at all.

Someday

That's better.
  • edited August 2010
    Sal has to be alive and im pretty sure he isnt evil. Even when he was brain washed he was still himself really lol. im sure Norrington and Skun-ka'pe will be helping Sam getting Jr. out of Max. Be pretty cool to see a godzilla battle between Sam and Max. Only other Main bad guy I can think of would be Norrington. Think he might try and take over Jr. essence out of Max. I do think max is still max in a way but with Jr. essence making him more evil then what he already was. When Max was growing he mentioned how cool it was, So at that point of time it tells me Jr. didnt take over maxes body. So bottom line I think Norrington is still the main bad guy.
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    As I said in another topic a while ago, playhouse is most likely Planet Earth itself, and Narrator says he owns it because he has a god-like view on the happening events. That does not mean he's the villain, or contribute to the story in any way.

Telltale won't spoil the master villain of the entire season in the first TRAILER.

It's also possible that the devil's playhouse is a real place in the dark dimension and it is yet to be seen.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm thinking Superball. He has access to the government, has a history of working for a variety of evil people and in 304
    when max tried to read his mind Superball said 'sorry sir, my thoughts are classified', then later on said he needed to contact superiors (more superior than Max), and then vanished in a flash of light.
    I don't want the villian to be Superball though, but evidence points its finger at him.
  • edited August 2010
    Despite the odds I don´t think the narrator is evil, It will be someone unexpected, this season has twisty plot.
  • edited August 2010
    Nah, Superball's not evil, just mysterious. The guy can't help it, he's literally made of mysterious.
  • edited August 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Nah, Superball's not evil, just mysterious. The guy can't help it, he's literally made of mysterious.

Sam: According to this, Superball is made of 20% Mysterious and 80% Awesome.
    Max: Huh. That's down ten percent from last season.
  • edited August 2010
    Sam: According to this, Superball is made of 20% Mysterious and 80% Awesome.
    Max: Huh. That's down ten percent from last season.

If I didn't find that clip on YouTube, I wouldn't be smiling in agreement.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm sure it's the Narrator, and that the battle will be in S&M office. Just imagine S&M see a light coming from their office, naturaly they go up an look. Then the second they run in to the office time stops, and the narrator comes and he start's talking about how Sam and Max's case was really twisty and that the real villain was... ME!! The picture then spreads so you can see that he is sitting at their desk and you can see Sam and Max frozen by the door. He then starts walking around them and talking about his master plan and the only thing they can do is pick up stuff really near them and use psihiyc powers. Then evetualy you somehow defeat him.
  • edited August 2010
    I think there might not be a master villain in this episode. The plot doesn't seem flexible enough for them to suddenly blame the events of the series on a seemingly innocent minor character.
  • edited August 2010
    Of course it is. Don't be silly. Why would you even suggest such a thing?

Unless...YOU'RE the master villain behind everything! :eek:
  • edited August 2010
    You should talk, Mr. FUTURE PLANETARY OVERLORD.
  • edited August 2010
    NOOOOOOOO! YOU'VE UNCOVERED MY TRUE IDENTITY! (Hisses and scuttles away)

...wait...I'm a girl...

Never mind. (Hisses and scuttles back)
  • edited August 2010
    I'm sure it's the Narrator, and that the battle will be in S&M office. Just imagine S&M see a light coming from their office, naturaly they go up an look. Then the second they run in to the office time stops, and the narrator comes and he start's talking about how Sam and Max's case was really twisty and that the real villain was... ME!! The picture then spreads so you can see that he is sitting at their desk and you can see Sam and Max frozen by the door. He then starts walking around them and talking about his master plan and the only thing they can do is pick up stuff really near them and use psihiyc powers. Then evetualy you somehow defeat him.

This would actually be really cool, but I'm gonna side with the people saying that the narrator is only there to narrate, I actually think he is meant to be a parody of rob serling, the narrator from the twighlight zone and how he would pop up out of nowhere explaining the situation, this series has had a TZ based theme so I believe this is the reason the narrators there
  • edited August 2010
    Ya I dont think its Superball. Only thing Superball lives for is guarding doors. If the Main objective was going through a door I could see Superball being the main bad guy lol. Some how I can see the Stink's cooking having something to do with stopping Mega Max. In the since alot of the episodes helping. Stinky (girl) is a cake. They stole the tar cake and used it for multiple reason. Between Jessse James hand to Anti Glue adhesive in not being made that way by stealing it. Mabey they will make some other magic Cake. Ya and for the Narrator. This seems to be a twilight spoof. in twilight the narrator was never part of the story even tho he controled your Vertical and Horizontal. If Stinky was ever the Main bad guy Sam already knows how to stop her. Just say her true nature and shes a cake again then Granpa stinky will cry again.
  • edited August 2010
    But in all Reality lets think about this. Skunk wanted the toys. Papper wanted Norrington, and norrington wanted to earth to send Stop Jr supposidly but in the past he wanted to come and eat everyones flesh and enslave everyone which that story changed. Which I think he is trying to help Sam and max help him. Evil bad guy using the good guys to help him bit by acting like he is good. Sal is too good to do anything like that. Stikny (Girl) is pretty much in love with Sal. Grandpa stinky just been a adventure and a food maker thats if you want to call the addhesive he made food but I guess not all food is ediable. The guy telling the story is someone I think is just telling a story in a Twilight perspective. Oh I know its the Triplets from hell the got burnt to death in the bowels of hell that are behind it all lol. Naw I still think its Dr Norrington.

Hail! Mega Max! The supreme overlord of earth! The Captain of Carnage!
  • edited August 2010
    DOUBLE POSTER! Get out of here, you freak! But, seriously. We can already cross off a few suspects:
    • Skunkape (Dead)
    • Papierwaite (Dead)
    • Norrington (Dead)
    • Charlie Ho-Tep (Dead)
    • Momma Bosco (Was dead for most of the season before being brought back)
    • Sam (He would know if it was him)
    • Max (Just a big puppet for junior at this point)
    • Sal (Too nice and simple of a guy)
    • Sammun-Mak (Essentially dead, wouldn't even be able to move)
    • COPS (Wouldn't be able to move)
    • Gordon the Brain (Wouldn't be able to move)
    • Sybil and Abe (Were on their honeymoon)
    • Bosco (Was in Vegas with Bluster Blaster the whole time)
    • Soda Poppers (Permanently Dead in Season Two)
    • Hugh Bliss (Dead and working in Hell)
    • Brady Culture (Dead and Working in Hell)
    • Shambling Corporate presence (Dead and Working in Hell)
    • Any other Villain from Seasons One and Two (No villain gets to be the main villain twice)
  • edited August 2010
    • Skunkape (Dead)
    • Papierwaite (Dead)
    • Norrington (Dead)

We have no proof that these are dead.
  • edited August 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    We have no proof that these are dead.

A: Skunkape was pulled through a barred window by a bunch of toy hungry Samulacra/ Doggelgangers. Generally, that means you're not gonna make it.
    B:There is no possible way that a man of any status could survive a 300 foot drop onto solid concrete. Let alone a frail 140-year-old magician in a steel cage.
    C: Norrington was attached to the Mortal Papierwaite at the time of the drop. In a shadow of his former glory no less. If a demon is in a physical form, then generally he is vulnerable.

CASE. CLOSED.
  • edited August 2010
    No, no! Obviously it's... LECHUCK!!!

(Dramatic chord)
  • edited August 2010
    to be coninued...
    cut, print, perfect
  • edited August 2010
    Originally posted by StrongBrush1
    A: Skunkape was pulled through a barred window by a bunch of toy hungry Samulacra/ Doggelgangers. Generally, that means you're not gonna make it.

Sal could be attacked, and he survives (when you use Charlie Ho-Tep on him). They would see Skun-ka'pe has no toys and let him be I think...
  • edited August 2010

Yeah, toy hungry, not ape hungry. He's probably just horribly horribly traumatized and scarred for life even more than he already was.
  • edited August 2010
    B:There is no possible way that a man of any status could survive a 300 foot drop onto solid concrete. Let alone a frail 140-year-old magician in a steel cage.
    C: Norrington was attached to the Mortal Papierwaite at the time of the drop. In a shadow of his former glory no less. If a demon is in a physical form, then generally he is vulnerable.

CASE. CLOSED.

CASE RE-OPENED

A) They'd have left him alone once they found he had no Toys.

B) He hasn't been ageing ever since he summoned Yog-Soggoth. So who's to say he can't survive that fall? Yog-Soggoth might have seen to it that their fall didn't have the impact it would otherwise have had.

C) If you look closely at the final zoom-out shot, you can just about see Norrington's tentacles still moving.
  • edited August 2010
    B&C) Maybe, but Yoggy was still hit by the Cthonic Destroyer meaning he was most likely going to die anyways.
  • edited August 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    B&C) Maybe, but Yoggy was still hit by the Cthonic Destroyer meaning he was most likely going to die anyways.

True, as explained by Yoggy himself, merging with a human being would wound then, not kill them instantly.

I'm pretty sure he's ABOUT to die, but not before giving us information about how to defeat Junior Max.
  • edited August 2010
    StrongBlushes list is totally incorrect. Like, 80% of these guys could be the villain.

We need Nuticion Specs!

I doubt Superball is the enemy. He probably works for the enemy though.
  • edited August 2010
    heh who knows XD its gotta be somebody right??
Sign in to comment in this discussion.