The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Final-Boss wrote: »
    Hi there, I've been sitting at the sidelines for a while now at these forums but I finally thought it was time to give my two pennies worth

Welcome to the forums. We guarantee that you will lose your sanity.
  • edited August 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    25gtoxi.jpg

That piano...looks familiar...
    Remember a similiar piano at the end of 304 anyone?
  • edited August 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    That piano...looks familiar...
    Remember a similiar piano at the end of 304 anyone?

GAR! Charlie Ho-Tep! GAR! Charlie Ho-Tep!
  • edited August 2010
    mynoduesP wrote: »
    The Super Secret Preorder Forum thread hints that Sal may yet live.
    I pre-ordered...how do I access the forum? When I click on it I get an error.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    chemistx2 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered...how do I access the forum? When I click on it I get an error.

Your order confirmation email contained a link with access to the forum.
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »

My Dad decided to get it as a gift for me. He has access to the threads, but I don't. How can I fix this?
  • edited August 2010
    One thing only:

Is Gordon the Brain completly, absolutly, definetly, no doubt DEATH? 'caz it's a character who seemed important at the begginig of the season.
  • edited August 2010
    he has the gift so he a live if you dot now what I mean play or which a lets play or walk-throw of episode 3 and let Sammun-Mak tell you
  • edited August 2010
    kane wrote: »
    He has the gift so he's alive. If you don't know what I mean, play or watch a Let's-Play or walkthrough of episode 3 and let Sammun-Mak tell you.

Sammun-Mak might be under an illusion because his brain has been kept in a juice all these centuries that has been regularly refreshed.
  • edited August 2010
    buy who he was garnered buy the moleman and the dot like him and they now the dot like him so who
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »

Thanks! I guess I just never bothered to scroll down that far. Thank goodness I'm an e-mail pack-rat!
  • edited August 2010
    kane wrote: »
    But he was guarded by the molemen and they don't like him, so who would have preserved his brain?

His corpse was guarded by the molemen. We don't know who looked after his brain but it's a pretty good guess that it wasn't them. All we do know is that at some point, Papierwaite acquired it and placed it in his Egypt exhibit in his Museum of Mostly Natural History.
  • edited August 2010
    I think mabye Harry or the Mole people might be the villains.

I'm just going on the fact that in the past 2 seasons the villains have been recurring characters that you see constantly but don't really think much of until the big reveal.

Just a guess :)
  • edited August 2010
    Just a thought (or because funnybone567 just spoke about him) but what do you think happened to him? He was at the Statue of Liberty during the end of episode 4. Do you still think he was when the head fell down? Just a thought.
  • edited August 2010
    MY CURRENT THEORIES FOR 305

-Sam or Max will die. Not necessarily permanently, but just to screw with our heads a little. I mean, we all know that dead doesn't necessarily stay dead in the Sam & Max universe; just look at Momma Bosco.

-If Sam or Max die, they will have been killed by the other. (ie; Sam shoots Max to stop his rampage, Max eats Sam, etc.)

-The mole people will turn out to be the villains.

-Harry will either turn out to be the evil mastermind behind everything,or the key to saving the entire universe. I don't know what the hell happened to him after Max broke the statue of Liberty, but I don't think he would have died. After all, it was easy to miss the fact he was even there, and if Telltale wanted to kill off a character like that, I think they would've made it more obvious.

-Sam & Max somehow make contact with the Narrator. In 304, we saw the Narrator wake Max up when he was passed out; this could either just be a throwaway gag referencing Bela Lugosi, or it could be throwaway gag that paves the way to the Narrator actually taking part in the season by proving that he can communicate with them if necessary.

(I don't think that the Narrator's the big bad anymore. He seems suspicious, but a little too suspicious. He might just be a red herring.)

-By the end of the day, absolutely everything will be back to normal. And I don't mean back to normal as in everything's fixed; I mean that something will occur to make none of this have happened. It was all just a dream, or the past is somehow altered so that Max never finds the viewmaster, etc.
  • edited August 2010
    Originally posted by Player_2
    I mean that something will occur to make none of this have happened. It was all just a dream, or the past is somehow altered so that Max never finds the viewmaster, etc.

If it was a dream, or it never happened etc. I would be very, VERY angry. One of my first comments about the episode would be angry with lots of :mad: if it happens. So Telltale, lets hope that is not what you did...
  • edited August 2010
    I dunno, the film grain makes me somewhat partial to the idea that it's all something Max is dreaming after watching a marathon of old movies late into the night. It wouldn't really be un-Sam & Max-like to end like that; heck, technically it wouldn't even be a first for them. But of course that wouldn't make it any less disappointing.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, as long as they do a good job of it, I wold be fine with that hapening. Just there has been some bad "it was just a dream" etc. endings.
  • edited August 2010
    I didn't notice anyone mentioning this, but... remember that future vision in episode 301? "Next train: wouldn't you like to know?"
  • edited August 2010
    if it a dream have max look in the closet and in there is the The Devil's Toybox
    now that wade be a twist
  • edited August 2010
    I didn't notice anyone mentioning this, but... remember that future vision in episode 301? "Next train: wouldn't you like to know?"

That was the joke that the train wasn't arriving for a long while.
  • edited August 2010
    In every episode there's been a psychic character that isn't Max
    Ep1. Gordon the Brain
    Ep2. Maximus (He's technically not max :P)
    Ep3. Sammun-Mak
    Ep4. Charlie Ho-Tep
    Ep5. ???
  • edited August 2010
    Where does the line blur between psychic powers and magic? Papierwaite can teleport himself and others across a short distance (without knowing anyone's phone number), fire dark magic at others, and keep people from moving (and just from the Tomb of Sammun-Mak), but it's implied that he can't use the Toys of Power for himself. He seems capable of doing a lot more after being fused to Yog-Soggoth, so could he hypothetically use the toys then?
  • edited August 2010
    I noticed this little blurb on the Adventure Gamers page for Episode 5.

"In the finale episode of the season, an enormous, scaly, floppy-eared creature has put the city on high alert, and Sam assembles a crack team to stop him. To end the mayhem, they must venture...inside...the beast!"

I wonder if this is an official thing from Telltale, or just speculation? It certainly sounds a lot like one of Telltale's official marketing spiels.
  • edited August 2010
    Whoah, that sounds pretty awesome and a lot like a marketing thing from Telltale. I think there's a pretty high chance now that we will be going inside Max...

BUT WHO IS ON THE CRACK TEAM? I'm guessing:

Skunkape
    Papierwaite (He's alive I tell you, I alive!)
    Momma Bosco
    Harry Moleman (he's invincible against elder gods)
    Grandpa Stinky

That's who I would have...
  • edited August 2010
    BUT WHO IS ON THE CRACK TEAM? I'm guessing:
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam
    * Sam

You get my drift... ;)
  • edited August 2010
    I'd guess:

Sam
    Momma Bosco (perhaps instructing them from her lab)
    Harry Moleman
    Grandpa Stinky
    Sal (waitasecond, he's dead)

And of course, numerous Sam clones to act as the green helmets.
    "Shouldn't we go help him?"
    "Naw, he's just one of those green helmets. We got like fifty of them."
  • edited August 2010
    lombre wrote: »

"In the finale episode of the season, an enormous, scaly, floppy-eared creature has put the city on high alert, and Sam assembles a crack team to stop him. To end the mayhem, they must venture...inside...the beast!"

I wonder if this is an official thing from Telltale, or just speculation? It certainly sounds a lot like one of Telltale's official marketing spiels.

wow. I kinda doubt that would happen because it sounds a bit too much like what you had to do in "Strongbadia, the FREE!", so I'd say it's speculation.

I just saw the ending after the credits, and based on it, I must say that either girl Stinky will want to kill Grandpa stinky even more, or she will give up altogether (because her plan may require a team).
    If the latter, you might have to help her kill Grandpa Stinky to get an item. Just a thought.

people and things we MUST see in this last episode:
    1. Flint(what will happen when he notices Sam's handwriting doesn't match MR. S's
    sal's
    , if he notices that).
    2. a musical number(like those in episodes 103 and 204). They are ABSOLUTELY necessary in a TTG Sam and Max season.
    3. both Stinkys
    4. at least Max's mouth([hidden] Sam's future[/hidden])
    5. the office(we see their future there, and TTG basically owes it to us after the first four episodes not having it). An entire Sam and Max game season without the office is unheard of and unthinkable.
    6. Superball and his superiors(possibly the masterminds of this season?
    7. the molepeople Obediah and Jedediah. I'd expect we'll learn a lot more about them.

Take a look at this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNFiZDHJK4
    3:17 did that happen in they stole max's brain?
    7:30 when and where did that happen(or has it happened yet)?

It's an entire month after Beyond the Alley of the Dolls' trailer has been released(on youtube). When will The city that dares not sleep's trailer be released?
  • edited August 2010
    Originally Posted by SBCGateAP
    If the latter, you might have to help her kill Grandpa Stinky to get an item. Just a thought.

No! We won't kill Grandpa Stinky! He became one of my favourite characters! I will be very unhappy if he dies (again)! Anyway,that plot does sound interesting, maybe you could team up with Max's soul? Or maybe he is still grumpy like in season 2?
    Originally Posted by SBCGateAP
    3:17 did that happen in they stole max's brain?
    7:30 when and where did that happen(or has it happened yet)?

1) Foreshadowing episode 3 I think.
    2)A joke probably.
  • edited August 2010
    i really thougth that giant monster max, what ever, has more to be with norrinton and the power he gave hem, so maybe norrinton some how is on control of max, like norrinton spirit is naw on hem or somthing like that, but maybe is jr,just that i dont understand how, but maybe is the chanse to make the soooooo mentioned jr appier :/ . A, and this maybe saunds wierd, but i always suspected of charlie,is not only that he looks evil, never somthing good came of ventriloquist poppets on any fiction storys. xD AAAA!!! And again im dying for plaing this new episode, X_x, but at the same time no, i just dont want this season ends, it was amazing, a lot of things happened just on eash episode. Haaa i forgot to mention, bosco, were is bosco? maybe he will make he reapiration on this game, i really wish that, it was my favorit secondary character with flint paper, i really like momma bosco, but not as mush as bosco. xD
  • edited August 2010
    gilau wrote: »
    Haaa i forgot to mention, bosco, were is bosco?

He's really busy in Las Vegas, did you already forget his letter last episode :P
  • edited August 2010
    yes i know, i know but i miss hem, im more like waiting he reappearing any time, by any excuse. x)
  • edited August 2010
    I was bummed when it ended! err. Counting down to the next one lol! :)
  • edited August 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »

5. the office(we see their future there, and TTG basically owes it to us after the first four episodes not having it). An entire Sam and Max game season without the office is unheard of and unthinkable.

actually we haven't really seen the office since 203
  • edited August 2010
    204, although Superball was guarding the closet. Then again, the visit in 204 takes place during 205, so then that would make the first game without a visit to the office 301 I guess?
  • edited August 2010
    By the way, most of the previews of the next Sam and Max game(for this season at least) have come when the month was half past. (specifically on the 13th, the 15th, and the 16th). I expect the preview for TCDNS will be posted within the next three days. Who's going to check on youtube.com/telltalegames for the preview every day starting tomorrow? I'm personally trying to check it every 6 hours.
  • edited August 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »
    By the way, most of the previews of the next Sam and Max game(for this season at least) have come when the month was half past. (specifically on the 13th, the 15th, and the 16th). I expect the preview for TCDNS will be posted within the next three days. Who's going to check on youtube.com/telltalegames for the preview every day starting tomorrow? I'm personally trying to check it every 6 hours.

The trailer actually shows up on Game Trailers quite a bit before it does on Youtube. I'd check there if you want to keep checking...
  • edited August 2010
    The trailer actually shows up on Game Trailers quite a bit before it does on Youtube. I'd check there if you want to keep checking...

The episode 4 trailer was released on the same day on both sites, and episode 3 trailer is only on Youtube. I'm sticking to Youtube.
    Nintomster wrote: »
    No! We won't kill Grandpa Stinky! He became one of my favourite characters! I will be very unhappy if he dies (again)!
    I guess it could be like 102 when you faked Sibyl's death(and max's), but that wouldn't be very creative to repeat two seasons and three episodes later.
    1) Foreshadowing episode 3 I think.

But look at the background. Is that a panel on Skun'kape's ship that is flashing? We definitely did not see skun'kape's ship in episode 3.
  • edited August 2010
    yup, I read the whole thread.
    now, im cutting myself.
  • edited August 2010
    I would have to guess baby amelia earhart is the big (err... little) baddy behind it all. Kind of like with the poppers where she keeps showing up in minor ways with references throughout.

Also, isn't the guy with the big hair on the right braidy culture?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.