The City that Dares not Sleep Speculation Thread

Comments

• edited August 2010
    kane wrote: »
    Skun-ka'pe will be in this episode and then he dies of mercury poisoning. If you what to know how, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRkUqCZSEs&feature=search

But Nutri-specs doesn't equate to Future-vision. If it were applied to my dad, for example, it would indicate he'd die of a heart attack in his 60s. He could easily die in a traffic accident before then. Or cancer. Or some other freak accident.
  • edited August 2010
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    Do you have any information on the release date, or is this just wishful thinking?

The Sam & Max wiki says it will be in September.
  • edited August 2010
    The Sam & Max wiki says it will be in September.

But, it's a wiki. Anyone could have edited it to September.
  • edited August 2010
    But, it's a wiki. Anyone could have edited it to September.

If I'm guessing right, It'll be out on the 31st.
  • edited August 2010
    I've just changed it back. If they haven't sourced their information and it hasn't come from here then it shouldn't be on the wiki.

EDIT: The whole page on The City that Dares not Sleep is actually full of speculation... It's funny considering that a wiki is supposed to be based on fact... :p
  • edited August 2010
    hey guys sorry if this has come up already but i think i have proof that
    Sybil and Lincoln
    will return http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29621
  • edited August 2010
    Yup. Right underneath this thread, in fact. [NOTE: Link leads to SPOILERS.]
  • edited August 2010
    kierian123 wrote: »
    Sybil and Lincoln

Spoiler tag that.... QUICKLY!!! :eek:
  • edited August 2010
    kierian123 wrote: »
    Sybil and Lincoln

Nice find :cool:
  • edited August 2010
    Actually, with the Blog post in mind and other hints, it seems VERY likely it will be the 24th.
    That is... 2 days yet! :eek:
  • edited August 2010
    Actually, with the Blog post in mind and other hints, it seems VERY likely it will be the 24th.
    That is... 2 days yet! :eek:
    :confused:
    I'm young(and therefore inexperienced), but I've never heard of a game's release date being revealed a day before said game is released, but there are so many games out there that I'm sure it isn't unheard of.
    Now, about the
    ESRB leaks:
    It's like lying in a puddle of carnival vomit
    What is THAT about?
    Platform: PlayStation 3
    I've seen the site, and games on multiple platforms have a full list, unless the games are very different on their different platforms. Have ESRB yet to rate the Mac/PC/whatever versions?
    Then again, the ESRB website say that basically this entire system is only for the PS3.

What can we guarantee? Well, since it is Sam and Max, it will be awesome, epic, and everything that we hoped for but nothing we guessed(
    except possibly the speculations based on the quotes
    ).
  • edited August 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »
    I've seen the site, and games on multiple platforms have a full list, unless the games are very different on their different platforms. Have ESRB yet to rate the Mac/PC/whatever versions?
    Then again, the ESRB website say that basically this entire system is only for the PS3.

I'm pretty sure Telltale doesn't submit the PC version to the ESRB until it's time for the retail version. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • edited August 2010
    I think you're right.

Also, seeing other link, 304 was only listed PS3, not PC.
  • bai_ganyobai_ganyo Banned
    edited August 2010
    I hate to break it to you people, but the evil genius behind this is the vampire elf
  • edited August 2010
    bai_ganyo wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you people, but the evil genius behind this is the vampire elf

"What's up dog?"
  • edited August 2010

that's the most.... GENIUS think I've ever heard!!! I must put it in all the papers!!!
  • edited August 2010

Slushie? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It'll obviously be the most unpredictable character you can think of. Slushie is just too obvious to be true.
  • edited August 2010
    Slushie? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It'll obviously be the most unpredictable character you can think of. Slushie is just too obvious to be true.

That's what makes the idea genius!!! ... except... do we know if Slushy is dead(as in no longer drinking others' blood)? ... and is it safe to assume the villain behind the series will be able to use the toys? I don't think Slushy can use the toys. I mean, wasn't he one of the elves trying to reverse engineer the can o' nuts?
  • edited August 2010
    The villian must be Flint Paper!
  • edited August 2010
    the villian must be flint paper!

..bosco, guys.

He's not in vegas at all
  • edited August 2010
    Hey, you should all go check the latest blog post.
  • edited August 2010
    I want a high resolution version of that picture on the news paper! It looks so awesome!
    Awesome to see a screenshot of the next installment... but now I want more screenshots!
  • edited August 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    I want a high resolution version of that picture on the news paper! It looks so awesome!

I second this from the bottom of my heart.
  • edited August 2010
    "The Narrator’s read the news and now it’s your turn; we’ve slashed the price of entry to the Sam & Max series for the next three weeks!"

Sounds like 305 won't be released for another three weeks. {Sigh}
  • edited August 2010
    RoadRunner wrote: »
    "The Narrator’s read the news and now it’s your turn; we’ve slashed the price of entry to the Sam & Max series for the next three weeks!"

Sounds like 305 won't be released for another three weeks. {Sigh}

I don't see how the sale really has much to do with the release date.
  • edited August 2010
    That's not necessarily true. It could be that 305 will release, and the deal is for those who want the complete series all at once.

Edit: Dang! Lombre beat me to it.
  • edited August 2010
    I still put my money on 31 Aug. (yeah, yeah, I know it was 24 3 days ago, SHUT UP! :D)
  • edited August 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Edit: Dang! Lombre beat me to it.

I'm like a regular Dark Ninja Dave over here. :cool:
  • edited August 2010
    http://www.telltalegames.com/images/blogs/snm_tdp_finale_narrator.jpg

if you want a higher res version try that link.

also what is up with the floating max heads?!
  • edited August 2010
    My speculation has come to a dead end. I have no idea what could possibly happen and who's the real bad guy if Max fused with Junior isn't bad enough.
  • edited August 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I'm like a regular Dark Ninja Dave over here. :cool:

You should change your username to Dark Ninja Dave.
  • edited August 2010
    You should change your username to Dark Ninja Dave.

Yeah!

No.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    SBCGateAP wrote: »
    Since there will obviously be major spoilers in any trailer TTG comes out with for The City that Dares not Sleep (I mean, they would have to show at least part of the beginning and some ~mid-game gameplay- meaning we will be able to guess Max's fate-, but not the end, if they were to follow their previous trailer pattern for this season), does anyone think that they will not release a trailer?

There will be a trailer and it's not very spoilerish if you played 304, but like with any trailer, if you really want to play the game "clean" you should avoid it until you've played it.
  • edited August 2010
    Ummm...any chance at all that you're gonna let us know WHEN the trailer will be out? Or is that still all top-secret?
  • edited August 2010
    I think it's all still top-secret, except maybe a vague hint or two.
  • edited August 2010
    it wood be supped the trailer takes abut monster max and dune four sam,new York,World,reality is.
  • edited August 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    I think it's all still top-secret, except maybe a vague hint or two.

I'm okay with vague hints. Lay on the vague hints, people.
  • edited August 2010
    toa1995 wrote: »
    http://www.telltalegames.com/images/blogs/snm_tdp_finale_narrator.jpg

if you want a higher res version try that link.

also what is up with the floating max heads?!

We have seen the future...and it is not much different than the nonsense we expect from this franchise.
  • edited August 2010
    Goody! I like trailers, and was beginning to fear there wouldn't be one for this episode.
  • edited August 2010
    I really hope in this Episode we'll see Sal as the main villain. I bet he's really a cockroach from.....

THE DARK DIMENSION!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.