Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Just got back from gamestop and put money down on JP:TG for Xbox and the retail price is like 39.99 and the cashier checked the release date and she said it was Nov 15th
  • edited August 2011
    Probably more or less a placeholder date...I won't believe anything until telltale says something.
  • edited August 2011
    Just preordered it, Nov 15th guys!!!!! a few days after my b-day!!!!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2011
    It's most likely a placeholder date. These people make more money if they hypothesize a fixed date, so that's what they do. November 15th pretty much marks the close of fall, so if TTG happens to be late, at least this "release date" will likely be only missed by two weeks. So, seriously, we've had many fake release dates from unofficial sources, but this one - although fake also - is at least somewhat in the realm of possibilities. ;)
  • edited August 2011
    It's most likely a placeholder date. These people make more money if they hypothesize a fixed date, so that's what they do. November 15th pretty much marks the close of fall, so if TTG happens to be late, at least this "release date" will likely be only missed by two weeks. So, seriously, we've had many fake release dates from unofficial sources, but this one - although fake also - is at least somewhat in the realm of possibilities. ;)

What if it did turn out to be real?
  • edited August 2011
    I would also like to see new trailer, hope, end of the month or September.
  • edited August 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Just preordered it, Nov 15th guys!!!!! a few days after my b-day!!!!

Makes sense actually if you think about it. The JP Bluray package will have a documentary/trailer about the game and it is released in October. The game will be released a month after that. So it really does make sense.
  • edited August 2011
    Makes sense actually if you think about it. The JP Bluray package will have a documentary/trailer about the game and it is released in October. The game will be released a month after that. So it really does make sense.

Finally someone that thinks logically. I honestly do think this is the release date or very close to it, Nov is the most reasonable month for release in Fall.
  • edited August 2011
    If u check IGN they say sept 30th
  • edited August 2011
    First November 15th and then September 30th? I'm better off just waiting for the official announcement before I get my hopes up.
  • edited August 2011
    First November 15th and then September 30th? I'm better off just waiting for the official announcement before I get my hopes up.

I'd be inclined to Agree, but that isnt stopping me from pre ordering it for the 360, im sure TellTale will tell us a Release date soon enough, after all Fall is just around the corner (figuretively speaking)
  • edited August 2011
    Think mid to late Fall guys. We'll have a date to announce soon.
  • edited August 2011
    Alan has told us that its not Sept 30th so my best guess is sometime in November, for some reason im thinkin the 15th of Nov.. :p
  • edited August 2011
    For some reason I still have my high doubts...That Date is pretty close to the release of Skyward Sword.
    and usually no one releases a game the same week nintendo does.
  • edited August 2011
    Mid to Late Fall? so I'm guessing October/November, and I'm starting to think the possability of the release being around the same time as the Bluray release of the movies

but thats just what i think
  • edited August 2011
    Breacking News from german Gamescom: All 4 episodes will be released at once and also get a Retailversion of all 4 at the very beginning.

Got it from Twitter of german "Adventure-Treff".
  • edited August 2011
    Wow, that's pretty weird. That twitter message suggested that concerns all versions, not just the retail release. I wonder when we'll get to hear something from Telltale on the matter.

Edit: And another thing - 4 episodes? This wouldn't be the first time Telltale went with 4 instead of 5 or 6 (see Wallace & Gromit), but wasn't this game announced as having 5 episodes, back when it first went up for pre-order?

This is getting weirder and weirder.
  • edited August 2011
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty weird. That twitter message suggested that concerns all versions, not just the retail release. I wonder when we'll get to hear something from Telltale on the matter.

Edit: And another thing - 4 episodes? This wouldn't be the first time Telltale went with 4 instead of 5 or 6 (see Wallace & Gromit), but wasn't this game announced as having 5 episodes, back when it first went up for pre-order?

This is getting weirder and weirder.

That's correct guys, all four episodes will launch simultaneously across all platforms as to equalize the release schedule since a retail release at this point would require the entire game to be on the disc. That said, we are absolutely committed to the episodic release model and future Telltale releases will be getting the trademark episodic treatment.
  • edited August 2011
    but why not five episodes Alan?
  • edited August 2011
    probably cause they couldn't meet the deadline with 5 episodes.
  • edited August 2011
    Maybe there wasn't too much game for 5 episodes. And after many poor reactions to the game (by people and critics) I'm pretty sure they dropped something.

BTW, why release 4 separate episodes simultaneously instead of a 1 continuos game? What's the meaning of watching 4 times the end credits? And to go to the desktop to load the next chapter? I can understand this if the game was scheduled to be delivered in episodes - and the retail disk divided in episodes is a mirror of that.
    But I don't understand the episodic format on a complete version.

BTW, everything about this game got a very strange behaviour from TT....
  • edited August 2011
    As I suspected after the E3, the series hadn't been really delayed in march.
    They just decided to complete the whole series keeping the usual pace and to publish the whole thing at once. Very much like their CSI stuff.
    4 episodes instead of 5? Hmmmm...
  • edited August 2011
    Diduz wrote: »
    Very much like their CSI stuff.

I don't know what to think about the weirdest (and hazardous) TT project ever. But the CSI reference scared me a bit. :P

At least this kind of delay *could* mean a little bit of extra time to polish the game from bugs... If it'll be out on November they had 7 months (from April to October) for 4 episodes - it's like having almost the double of time.
  • edited August 2011
    Diduz wrote: »
    As I suspected after the E3, the series hadn't been really delayed in march.
    They just decided to complete the whole series keeping the usual pace and to publish the whole thing at once. Very much like their CSI stuff.
    4 episodes instead of 5? Hmmmm...

Yeah I could have told you this in April too. After the X-box disc release was made public it was pretty obvious that they decided to release everything simultaneously side by side. In turn stopping the realease of episode 1 in April. But companies can't really say stuff like that.

I'm also pretty sure they just cut episode five because they couldn't meet the deadline. Its true for MOST companies if not ALL. Stuff gets cut all the time due to time constraints. Heck in Operation Genesis like 15 dinosaurs were cute due to time constraints too.
  • edited August 2011
    If it'll be out on November they had 7 months (from April to October) for 4 episodes - it's like having almost the double of time.

You may have a point there... :)
  • edited August 2011
    I've heard from several sources that it should be released November 15.
  • edited August 2011
    I won't beleive anything until I hear it from telltale.
  • edited August 2011
    Is this reliable? I'M SERIOUS! I'll never know how to trust gaming sites. http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/jurassic-park-the-game-dated.html
  • edited August 2011
    Hmmm...the 15th...problematic. I try to take my time with these kinds of games(games that I enjoy the original source material), BUT that's five days before Skyward Sword hits. And only a Saturday between the two releases, and I'd be at work the rest of the time...
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah... competing with Halo? Who do Telltale think they are, Cabela?
  • edited August 2011
    November? That seems unusually far off, especially if it's just four episodes instead of five. Then again, Telltale did have to develop it for three systems at once.

This makes me wonder how JP's release will coincide with The Walking Dead, though, since they're both planned for fall. Will the first episode of The Walking Dead come before JP? Around the same time? Is The Walking Dead going to get pushed back until winter?

And come to think about it, wasn't Law and Order planned for 2011 too?
  • edited August 2011
    November? That seems unusually far off, especially if it's just four episodes instead of five. Then again, Telltale did have to develop it for three systems at once.

This makes me wonder how JP's release will coincide with The Walking Dead, though, since they're both planned for fall. Will the first episode of The Walking Dead come before JP? Around the same time? Is The Walking Dead going to get pushed back until winter?

And come to think about it, wasn't Law and Order planned for 2011 too?

I don't see why people fail to believe TTG can overlap titles. Walking Dead will probably be October to February, or Sept to January. Fables is set for Q1, so that'd pick up where Walking Dead leaves off, and I foresee an Overlap with King's Quest for the last two episodes of that or so.

Law and Order is all but dead. There's been no news since the announcement, and the official website was taken down a while back.
  • edited August 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I don't see why people fail to believe TTG can overlap titles. Walking Dead will probably be October to February, or Sept to January. Fables is set for Q1, so that'd pick up where Walking Dead leaves off, and I foresee an Overlap with King's Quest for the last two episodes of that or so.

Law and Order is all but dead. There's been no news since the announcement, and the official website was taken down a while back.

Adventure Treff (the same website that reported this Jurassic Park-news) said that Telltale told them at Gamescom that Walking Dead is now a winter release, instead of a fall release.
  • edited August 2011
    Ribs wrote: »

Hmm. I guess all of that would make sense.

I can understand Law and Order getting canned, since nobody (me included) was very interested in it. But if it's not happening, Telltale should say so, especially since the forum is still up.

I love Telltale and all, but their habit of staying quiet until the very last minute is beginning to get bothersome.
  • edited August 2011
    Now when we have a date, a new trailer with improved graphics/mechanics (hope so) from all episodes should be in order...
  • edited August 2011
    I love Telltale and all, but their habit of staying quiet until the very last minute is beginning to get bothersome.

Well, they announced all the projects they're working even if they'll release them next year...
  • edited August 2011
    Well, they announced all the projects they're working even if they'll release them next year...

That's so you know the games exist, making it all the more tantalizing that you know nothing about them.

It's all part of the plan, you see. :p
  • edited August 2011
    Well given the new vid they just posted for PAX, it's safe to say we're gonna see more info on Jurassic Park in the near future. From what they said, the whole booth is gonna be more based on that, including having the Jeep there, live foliage, a display including the famed JP Gate as well as the electric fence, a playable demo of the game, and a giveaway including Jurassic Park T-Shirts and posters.
  • edited August 2011
    Well given the new vid they just posted for PAX, it's safe to say we're gonna see more info on Jurassic Park in the near future. From what they said, the whole booth is gonna be more based on that, including having the Jeep there, live foliage, a display including the famed JP Gate as well as the electric fence, a playable demo of the game, and a giveaway including Jurassic Park T-Shirts and posters.

Awesome. When PAX starts, can somebody put the pics? And video? ;)
  • edited August 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Awesome. When PAX starts, can somebody put the pics? And video? ;)

We'll likely get video from telltale but any additional input from fans would be greatly appreciated on my part
This discussion has been closed.