Jurassic Park Release date information/discussions

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Thanks tope, that clears up a lot.

I would really like to add some sound advice for every TTG newbie around here:

1.) Please have PATIENCE tomorrow. TTG wants to have this out as badly as you do, promise.

2.) Keep your "when's it out?" posts restricted to a minimum. Admins normally don't show up much in the forums on release days and won't answer; and moderators have_no_clue at what exact time it will be out.

3.) Don't hit F5 on your games page every other second because it just slows the forum down, accomplishing little else. In more cases than not, the forum will be offline for 30-45 minutes during the episode upload, so that is enough of a sign for the impending release.

4.) Don't make new threads that consist of nothing but the waiting. If you just plain have to get your impatience across SOMEHOW, use the release date info thread (yes, this one).

5.) Don't try to fool other community members into thinking that the game is already downloadable when it's not. The joke is so f*ng old and has never ever been funny. We expect we will have at least two photoshopped "game page" pictures with the download links badly copy/pasted into them as release "proof" by our repeat offending community court jesters, so look out for those.

I won't be here to smash my F5 key, please kiddies calm down. And read this post a billion times.

And for some reason, I read that post in Doc Browns voice.
  • edited November 2011
    I won't be here to smash my F5 key, please kiddies calm down. And read this post a billion times.

And for some reason, I read that post in Doc Browns voice.

You know it's funny when I read Vanamoinen's post I hear Micheal Caine.

Back to the point.

When it's release you all will know.

Because there will be an Official "It's Out Now" Thread.
  • edited November 2011
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    Do we still have a regular PC price (not for the deluxe version but for the normal one)?

No answer - I think that means "no" and we'll just have to wait.
  • edited November 2011
    Can you buy the Mac version online and download it? Haven't seen how.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    It has become such a standard that TTG sometimes forget to mention it: If you buy the PC/Windows version, you also get the Mac version!

Check the pre-order page again to confirm this:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/jppreorder
  • edited November 2011
    Any news on the UK PSN release and price?
  • edited November 2011
    If you buy the PC/Windows version, you also get the Mac version!

Thanks, good to know!
  • edited November 2011
    How much will the US PSN version cost? Here's hoping it's $20 like with BTTF!
  • edited November 2011
    US PSN release is $29.99.

UK PSN release and price is still up in the air. It's under review with Sony and we don't expect any issues with it. We've recommended a price to them, but they have final say over it, so I can't comment on it just yet.
  • edited November 2011
    So thats it, it's tomorrow. I can't believe that were only 15 hours away. I can't explain how excited I am :D
  • edited November 2011
    How long do you think it will take to download?!
  • edited November 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    How long do you think it will take to download?!

15 minutes per episode, the servers will be jammed most likely. And it also depends on your internet.
  • edited November 2011
    So it will probably release at 2pm for me, that's semi decent.
  • edited November 2011
    tomorrow i will post a lets play of the first episode!
  • edited November 2011
    I feel horribly bad for Telltale, they lost customers. Fans. Preorders. And finally, reputation. I wish I could help, but oh well. I didn't know you could cancel preorders?
  • edited November 2011
    Im from Aus pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition a little while ago. Im assuming that the release date is today (Nov 15th). Yet i still cant download the game.. apparently its still "backorderd"
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Tyranus wrote: »
    Im from Aus pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition a little while ago. Im assuming that the release date is today (Nov 15th). Yet i still cant download the game.. apparently its still "backorderd"

The release date is relative to Telltale's office, over on the west coast of the US. It's still the afternoon of the 14th there. The game will most likely release some time between 3:00am and 1:00pm on the 16th for you (assuming east cost of Australia).
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Tyranus wrote: »
    It will be released on November 15 during Telltale's office hours.
    Here's a quote from another thread that should give you all the information you need:
    tope1983 wrote: »
    office hours at Telltale will be about
    PST (Pacific Standard Time) 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM
    CAN: British Columbia, Yukon, North-West Terretories
    US: California, Oregon, Nevada....

for every other major timezone this would mean:

CST (Central Standard Time): 11.00 AM - 7.00 PM
    CR: Isla Nublar

EST (Eastern Standard Time): 12.00 PM - 8.00 PM
    CAN: Ontario, Quebec...
    JAM
    CUB
    PAN
    US: Conneticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, Washington DC....

UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)/GMT: 5.00 PM - 1.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    POR
    IRE
    UK

CET (Central European Time): 6.00 PM - 2.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    AUT
    ESP
    FRA
    GER
    ITA
    POL
    CZK
    HUN

DTG (Delta): 9.00 PM - 5.00 AM (Nov 16th)
    ASE
    OMA
    RUS: Moscow, St. Petersburg...
    VAE

CNST (China Standard Time): Nov. 16th 1.00 AM - 9.00 AM
    AUS: Western Australia
    CHI
    MON
    THA
    VIE

JST (Japan/Korea Standard Time): Nov. 16th 2.00 AM - 10.00 AM
    JPN
    KP
    KR

AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time): Nov. 16th 3.00 AM - 11.00 AM
    AUS: Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria...
    RUS: Sacha, Amur...

didn't find your time zone and country? take a look here!
  • edited November 2011
    Gah I'm in the UK and I have to wait until 5PM?!? Meh I guess that allows me to continue my Tuesday as normal.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for the info guys. Im from Melbourne we use the AEST timing here and it is the 15th of Nov aswell. So i guess its a waiting game from now on :)
  • edited November 2011
    who pre ordered? :)
    i did.
  • edited November 2011
    who pre ordered? :)
    i did.

I did, according to steam ive got to wait until 1pm tomorrow so im kinda sad about that but...ill get over it
  • edited November 2011
    Anyone notice the separate episodes have disappeared replaced with "Jurassic Park: The Game PC|Mac - All Episodes"?
  • edited November 2011
    I preordered. Can't wait for this to come out. Upon the release tomorrow, I get to relive my childhood
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, i thought something happened to my order, but i think its getting ready for release
  • edited November 2011
    check my games it says all episodes!
  • edited November 2011
    mine isn't like that anymore .. it just says jurassic park?
  • edited November 2011
    kasaki89 wrote: »
    mine isn't like that anymore .. it just says jurassic park?
    Relax. No problems, just preparations. :)
  • edited November 2011
    uhhm if your dad gifts it to you on your account, shouldnt it still show up? the game anyways, he pre ordered it and sent it as a gift to my account, will you be able to still download it?
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, you'll be able to download it tomorrow when it's unlocked.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, you'll be able to download it tomorrow when it's unlocked.
    kk thanks
  • edited November 2011
    About what time can we expect it to be up?
  • edited November 2011
    _Veritas_ wrote: »
    About what time can we expect it to be up?

During telltales office hours.
  • edited November 2011
    are you people excited!!?
  • edited November 2011
    Nope...Why would I be excited about some dinosaur game? Pssh..it's all about Skyrim.
  • edited November 2011
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Repost, just to make sure. And good morning (for me, that is)

I would really like to add some sound advice for every TTG newbie around here:

1.) Please have PATIENCE tomorrow. TTG wants to have this out as badly as you do, promise.

2.) Keep your "when's it out?" posts restricted to a minimum. Admins normally don't show up much in the forums on release days and won't answer; and moderators have_no_clue at what exact time it will be out.

3.) Don't hit F5 on your games page every other second because it just slows the forum down, accomplishing little else. In more cases than not, the forum will be offline for 30-45 minutes during the episode upload, so that is enough of a sign for the impending release.

4.) Don't make new threads that consist of nothing but the waiting. If you just plain have to get your impatience across SOMEHOW, use the release date info thread (yes, this one).

5.) Don't try to fool other community members into thinking that the game is already downloadable when it's not. The joke is so f*ng old and has never ever been funny. I expect we will have at least two photoshopped "game page" pictures with the download links badly copy/pasted into them as release "proof" by our repeat offending community court jesters, so look out for those.
  • DXPDXP
    edited November 2011
    Just so I know will there also be a separate link added tonight that will be for the game only and not the deluxe edition? I can't afford the Deluxe edition sadly :(
  • edited November 2011
    Anyone notice the separate episodes have disappeared replaced with "Jurassic Park: The Game PC|Mac - All Episodes"?

Yep, I think they'll give us a "complete" pack now, instead of 4 episodes :cool:
  • edited November 2011
    Repost, just to make sure. And good morning (for me, that is)

Guten Morgen... Tja wir Mitteleuropäer haben den kleinen Nachteil, 8 Stunden voraus zu sein :)
    Good morning... We central europeans do have the handicap of being 8 hours ahead :)
This discussion has been closed.