TV series DVDs from Shout! Factory... Could it be? COULD IT BE?

Comments

• edited June 2007
    we bow down to you Yoshi :) Early 2008 release sunds good.
  • edited June 2007
    Actually, VeemonJosh of ToonZone.net found out about it. I actually made the discovery public, and that discovery spread quicker than the rapid depletion of Wiis in an electronics store.

I believe I actually responded to the confirmation with "Sweet merciful Mario Brothers, having heaping helpings of Shroom Pasta, topped with Inky Sauce, with a side of breadsticks!" That's something Sam would say, if it were to be worked into a Wii Version of Sam & Max.
  • edited June 2007
    Hmm...your name sounds familiar YoshiAngemon...do I know you from somewhere? SA.net, perhaps?
  • edited June 2007
    It's true. You can read all about it here: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=191728
  • edited June 2007
    If B Ward is going through Nelvana's catalogue I hope he releases eek the cat on dvd as well.. savage steve holland classic!
  • edited June 2007
    Hmm...your name sounds familiar YoshiAngemon...do I know you from somewhere? SA.net, perhaps?

Yeah. I'm also seen at Serebii.net, and many other forums.
  • edited June 2007
    Ok im lost so I went to ebgames and the only thing you get on the dreamcatcher preorder is a lame guide... wee? Which is the one i order to get the poster and goodies?!?! I dont care if I have to ship it from EUR!

Edit: Urmm oh I see its not a preorder bonus but in fact the goodies come in the box? Odd.. how is a poster going to fit there.. unless folded. :P

Im getting both versions unless a 3rd comes out in GER or something, let me know if thats the case!
  • edited June 2007
    Well, the developer interview is also exclusive to the retail version (At least in the US version, have to ask TellTale about that.). The TellTale Season 1 set has all the stuff they're posting online from the Summer of Sam & Max feature, and apparently there's a couple other little things on there that they're not posting online. The retail version has the physical oriented things like the poster and the strategy guide if you preorder it on EBgames, and it also has the developer interview and possibly a couple other things unique to it as well. But that's just how I understand it.
  • edited June 2007
    And I was griping about not becoming a Gametap customer, just to get the First Season in Downloaded form, and waiting for the Disc version.
  • edited July 2007
    Shout! Factory expands family programs

Company has distribution deals with Nelvana, Jetix Europe
    By Laurence Lerman -- Video Business, 7/16/2007

JULY 16 | Los Angeles-based Shout! Factory is expanding its library of children’s and family animated content with two new deals.

Shout will be the exclusive U.S. home entertainment distributor for Nelvana Enterprise’s Maggie & The Ferocious Beast cartoon series, 52 half-hour episodes of Medabots and 13 half-hour installments of Sam & Max.
    Also, an agreement with Jetix Europe gives Shout distribution rights to 39 half-hour episodes of the cult Korean property Pucca and 26 half-hour episodes of the sci-fi action series Oban Star-Racers.

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6460182.html
  • edited July 2007
    SQUEEEE!! We are one more step closer to a DVD set of the TV show!!
  • edited July 2007
    I hope its loaded with extras!
  • edited July 2007
    Though having a Shout! Factory employee essentially say that they're working on Sam & Max on their message board is all the proof anyone needed, I believe this is the first official announcement regarding the existence of this set, so wooooooo indeed.
  • edited July 2007
    13 half hour episodes? Does that add up to all 24?
  • edited July 2007
    Yep. Two episodes were a half hour long, the rest fifteen minutes. 24 stories total.
  • edited July 2007
    I hope Steve Purcell gets involved in this release..
  • edited July 2007
    Hopefully they don't do a crap job on the picture quality. Then again I'm not sure if it's shout factory that actually deals with the video...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I'm sure they go back to the highest quality source they can, to get the best video. Their DVD sets are generally very well put together.
  • edited July 2007
    Now, TTG... since you've got Steve Purcell running around your office from time to time, try to convince him (or "convince" him) to get involved and do audio-commentaries on all episodes... seriously, YOU got that man right NEAR you. Why not use the chance to at least ask him? (Or start with the "Yo' momma..."-jokes)
  • edited July 2007
    Now, TTG... since you've got Steve Purcell running around your office from time to time, try to convince him (or "convince" him) to get involved and do audio-commentaries on all episodes... seriously, YOU got that man right NEAR you. Why not use the chance to at least ask him? (Or start with the "Yo' momma..."-jokes)

While you're at it, see if he can't get Pixar to create a silent Sam & Max short to be put in front of Wall-E next summer.:D
  • edited July 2007
    I'm still hoping Steve will someday have a new Sam & Max cartoon series on Cartoon Network... Wouldn't have to worry about censorship so much there. : /
  • edited July 2007
    I doubt it.. talking to steve a few times on the subject he says he has no plans for tv and or movies. Yet didnt they say there wasnt going to be a new sam & max game too? muahaha so long story short... dont hold your breath but be shocked if it comes. Kinda like Christmas, only opening up your biggest present and finding out uncle Earl got into your cake box and choked on a candle... Uncle Earl we miss you.
    From that day on my birthday was known as Marie Antoinette day.. sighhh

Muahaha Sorry snapped into max mode for a second.
  • edited July 2007
    Hope they don't skip Fools Die On Friday like GameTap have :/
  • edited July 2007
    Quuux wrote: »
    Hope they don't skip Fools Die On Friday like GameTap have :/

I knew they were missing an episode!
  • edited August 2007
    from Brian Ward @ shoutfactory.com
    I've mentioned it in a few posts on the forum, but I thought I would make a new thread for it now. Up until now, my all-time favorite set has been Sonic The Hedgehog: The Complete Series. While producing it, I would even openly refer to it as "my swan song", believing I could never top it. I was wrong. We're doing topping it right now with the upcoming Sam & Max: Freelance Police!!! 3-disc set.

Sam & Max are two twisted, but lovable, detectives (Sam, a dog in a suit and fedora, and Max, a naked rabbit) who are constantly getting into all kinds of trouble while investigating the...well...downright weird. The humor is totally Adult Swim-ish; irreverently hysterical!

The characters originated as an underground B&W comic and reached a mainstream popularity when George Lucas' video game company, LucasArts, released the PC-based Sam & Max Hit the Road in 1993 (the Mac version was released in '95). The game was a hit and led to another incarnation of the characters: this animated series, produced for FOX Kids in '97, I believe. The series lasted 13 episodes (24 cartoons). Over the past couple of years, LucasArts began work on and then abandoned the sequel to the original video game for unspecified reasons and a new company (created by former LucasArts employees), Telltale Games, eventually picked up the license. Now, they've finished a full "season" of mini Sam & Max games that are available each month via their site: http://telltalegames.com/samandmax/.

While attending this year's International Comic-Con in San Diego, the set's producer, Frank Mohler, and I shot a brand new interview with Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell as well as an interview with the guys behind Telltale Games. Steve's interview is all but done being cut and I couldn't be happier. It is absolutely AWESOME. We're working on the Telltale interview now.

We're currently hoping to get together with Telltale to score some additional bonus material, as well.

Seriously, we're several months away from the release date for this set and it's already become my favorite project. And each day is looking brighter and brighter.

If you're a Sam & Max fan, you're gonna love this set. If you're not, you soon will be.

Brian
  • edited August 2007
    happy%20and%20excited.jpeg

!!!

I really hope telltale gives them tons of neat junk!
  • edited August 2007
    Chri5 post above pretty much sums it up for me!!!!!!! :D
  • edited August 2007
    That flash short in interim theatre would be a perfect bonus feature on this set. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    :eek: Hopefully this means by Christmas, I can "give myself" both SatAM Sonic and Sam & Max in one fell-swoop! I can't wait!

The only thing that can make this any better is if the re-release of Surfing the Highway comes out at the same time. Talk about mega sales all around!
  • edited August 2007
    Hopefully this means by Christmas, I can "give myself" both SatAM Sonic and Sam & Max in one fell-swoop!

I always preferred AoSTH to SatAM, but that's probably I'm the sort of person who thinks Robotnik having his moustache ripped off, and Scratch and Grounder exploding every five seconds is comedy gold.
  • edited August 2007
    I apologise if this is a stupid question, but will this DVD be sold on Telltale's store?
    edited August 2007
    I apologise if this is a stupid question, but will this DVD be sold on Telltale's store?

That would be cool, but I don't think we really know / have talked about it.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I always preferred AoSTH to SatAM, but that's probably I'm the sort of person who thinks Robotnik having his moustache ripped off, and Scratch and Grounder exploding every five seconds is comedy gold.

Ditto. SatAM was always too... serious for me. To be honest, I always enjoy a light-hearted sight gag to a "73h z0mgz0rzes!!! 73h w0rld g0ez b00000m!"
    Okay, kind of an over exaggeration, but you get the idea.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »

I'm just thinking ahead for when you might bring out some more merchandise, I could put the DVD into my basket to save on shipping costs. But yeah, let us know if you do get permission to sell them on your store please! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I'm just thinking ahead for when you might bring out some more merchandise, I could put the DVD into my basket to save on shipping costs. But yeah, let us know if you do get permission to sell them on your store please! :D

guybrush if it were on telltales website it would most likey be region one (ntsc) where we are region 2 (pal) so you would need a multiregion dvd player
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    guybrush if it were on telltales website it would most likey be region one (ntsc) where we are region 2 (pal) so you would need a multiregion dvd player

Hmm, I forgot about that. I usually play all my DVDs through my computer though - would that work?
  • edited August 2007
    Technically, video standards (PAL vs. NTSC) are completely separate from region coding. You could, in theory, release a PAL disc in region 1, it's just that nobody would buy it because PAL isn't the video standard in most region 1 countries.

Computers can play either PAL or NTSC no problem, and many European DVD players and TVs can play nice with either standard. Here in the US, there are virtually no multi standard players or TVs though.
    edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Computers can play either PAL or NTSC no problem, and many European DVD players and TVs can play nice with either standard. Here in the US, there are virtually no multi standard players or TVs though.

That said, many Region 1 players that can be unlocked with a remote code will properly resample PAL video to NTSC no problem, though. You can't really buy regionless players off the shelf in the US, but there are still some that can be region unlocked without opening the player up or anything, via instructions online.
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm, I forgot about that. I usually play all my DVDs through my computer though - would that work?

often dvd drives have the ability to change region but only a certain number of times so you can check through device manager which region it is set to
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »

I'm sure Emily can work her charm to strike a deal. I mean, c'mon. Marketting.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.