TV series DVDs from Shout! Factory... Could it be? COULD IT BE?

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Jake, we weren't quite ready to reveal that, yet. Thanks a lot.

Brian
  • edited September 2007
    It's missing something... I-just-don't-know-what!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    In this digital age it's hard to keep such hot news under wraps! I thought work this groundbreaking deserved to be seen.
  • edited September 2007
    Damn, I was so hoping for the "Happy Tree Friends"-version:

Sam_and_Max___HTF_by_twy_chan.jpg
  • edited September 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    samnmax.jpg

ta da!

Final DVD cover art stolen from The Adventuress

Funny thing is: I would totally buy a DVD w/ that cover. Well if it was the ONLY option anyway. if there was alternate cover version I'd buy it over this one, but still. :D
  • edited September 2007
    Speaking of the web comic.......is Steve still working on that?
  • edited September 2007
    Damn, I was so hoping for the "Happy Tree Friends"-version:

Sam looks like Ralf from Muppet Babies.:D That cracks me up.
  • edited September 2007
    I knew he looked familiar! :D
  • edited September 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    Speaking of the web comic.......is Steve still working on that?

Well they said chapter 12 was the final chapter. Of this story anyway.

Whether he's gonna do another one or not is unsaid.
  • edited September 2007
    Im still down for sam and max being old on it :P I love that old max pic.. wish it woulda been made.
  • edited September 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »
    Im still down for sam and max being old on it :P I love that old max pic.. wish it woulda been made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YoVMoZYmlE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_p_If_BalY

I like the way they designed Old Sam with his nose all limp, as well as that quip he says about over purchasing and wanting to return things he just bought.:D
  • edited September 2007
    yep.. couple that with my old max! and poof! lol. Least it would make a good back cover. Maybe have them watching the projector of them as kids on back. Ill photoshop something once my machine gets up..
    Darn northbridges
  • edited October 2007
    Argh! The French language tracks may be back on, after all. Not sure, yet. I'll keep you updated.

As for the good news of the day, we're expecting our first look at a few thumbnail sketches of concepts for the packaging, provided by Mr. Steve Purcell, later today. Can't even begin to tell you how my heart's a'racin' with anticipation.

Brian
  • edited October 2007
    Bward wrote: »
    Argh! The French language tracks may be back on, after all. Not sure, yet. I'll keep you updated.

As for the good news of the day, we're expecting our first look at a few thumbnail sketches of concepts for the packaging, provided by Mr. Steve Purcell, later today. Can't even begin to tell you how my heart's a'racin' with anticipation.

Brian

Does that include us having a glance at them as well?
  • edited October 2007
    puss-in-boots1.jpg
    Pretty please
  • edited October 2007
    Bward wrote: »

Brian

oohh..so hes doing back cover as well?
  • edited October 2007
    2.5 million yen right now for a copy of the art!.. is that about 300 $ or so? haha

Always looking for purcell art.. im a freak like that...
  • edited October 2007
    The art is amazing. When we ask for thumbnails of concepts, Steve provides almost completely fleshed out images. I couldn't be more thrilled with the results.

We've selected our top choice for the cover. Now, we have to get that approved by Nelvana. We should know something shortly.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that these images are still pending, I cannot reveal them just yet. As soon as we have completed artwork, I'll be sure to give you guys a glimpse.

Brian
  • edited October 2007
    Ooohh exciting.. I'll be honest I'd buy the dvd just to have another piece of cool Purcell Sam & Max artwork :)
  • edited October 2007
    true...but on the other hand, i would probably buy it if it was wrapped in an old newspaper as well.
    i assume the art that did not make it to the cover will be put to good use as well.
  • edited October 2007
    I'm buying it because I'm tired of YouTube messing up the quality of the video and audio.
  • edited October 2007
    friggen awesome bman! Tell him to put the others in his next art leftovers book! or put em on telltales site! We will gobble prints up here like madmen. Awesome!
    Im buying 3 no joke weee!
  • edited October 2007
    Nelvana--who's got to be one of the coolest licensors to work with--has officially approved the concepts submitted by Steve. How could they not?!

So, we're moving forward. Hope to have something to show you guys shortly.

Brian
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks for the updates Mr Ward, Appreciate it. :)
  • edited October 2007
    No worries. I'm happy to have updates!

Like this one... We've just confirmed an exclusive sticker to be included with Sam & Max: Freelance Police!!! The Complete Series.

Expected to see the final illustrations for the packaging shortly. Woo-hoo!!

Brian
  • edited October 2007
    *giddy*
  • edited October 2007
    wow i've always wanted a sam & max sticker
  • edited October 2007
    A bumpersticker quality sticker?
  • edited October 2007
    ok brian what are you doing ? now you just sold me on another 2 more :P

hope your making A bUNCh
  • edited October 2007
    I think it's "bumper sticker"-quality. Of course, that's having only seen the VERY FAMILIAR design pre-sticker. I'll let you know once they're produced.

Brian
  • edited October 2007
    so...no cover art yet?
    (sorry I'm very anxious to see it. But who isn't?)
  • edited October 2007
    We won't see a fully-realized cover (with the title treatment and logos) for another week or so and, even then, we won't have it approved by Nelvana for a week or so after that. So we're looking at a couple of weeks before anyone outside Shout! or Nelvana will see anything. If it's any sooner, I'll be sure to run it by ya'.

Brian
  • edited November 2007
    I LOVE YOU BRYAN WARD!

Did I say that out loud?
  • edited November 2007
    Um...thanks?

Good news, gang: Nelvana has officially approved the final, colored version of the slipcase cover. As soon as I get the greenlight from the powers-that-be, I'll give you a sneak peek. Personally, I think it's pretty amazing.

Brian
  • edited November 2007
    Oooooh, a slipcase? GREAT! :cool:

Does this mean, that slipcase and DVD-case are getting a different artwork? Or ist it even a digipak?
  • edited November 2007
    Slipcase and two thinpaks. One will have two discs, while the second will only have the one. And, yes, they'll all be different and illustrated by Steve. Loving the designs for the two thinpaks, as well. Looking forward to seeing the final, colored versions soon.

Brian
  • edited November 2007
    is the geek on the cover?
  • edited November 2007
    Oh, what the hell... Here ya' go!

Brian

nelvanacover.jpg
  • edited November 2007
    that is beautiful...... i just peed.
  • edited November 2007
    pinwiz543 wrote: »
    that is beautiful...... i just peed.