Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

Comments

• jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    GameSpy review is up - spoiler warning!
  • edited January 2008
    One thing eludes me about this series so far.
    Season 1 saw Max gaining the position of President of the United States. If I remember correctly, Sam had the US annexed by the leader of Canada, Sybil, who then sold it (or the other way around).

However in Season 2, I noticed that Bosco was still selling copies of "Impeach President Max" with Max stating that he couldn't wait for the upcoming issue. So is Max still the president, or is that just something that's being overlooked?
  • edited January 2008
    Max is still president. That much is evident by the many references to it in 201 and 202. Max probably retained the role he had before Canada took over whenever they sold the country to Macrohard.
  • edited January 2008
    Kid Sam & Max are the cutest things ever!!!

loved it, although i ran into a brick wall halfway through due my own ineptitude at carefully scanning the environment (said wall was eventually scaled). Popup text, you're a lifesaver!
  • edited January 2008
    Not gonna read the whole thread as I haven't finished it yet, but is that LeChuck's boot in the underwater cavern?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure that once the mass hypnosis wore off, Canada realized they didn't want it and gave the US back.
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that once the mass hypnosis wore off, Canada realized they didn't want it and gave the US back.

Sybil said something about citizen's complaining about how bad a country we are. I'm surprised nobody remembered that throw-away joke from 201. :D

BTW, I kind of wish you had Sam's catch phrase in the introduction when Max asks if they should help Sybil. I was so wanting to hear him say again "Can't think of a reason not to!"
  • edited January 2008
    Fourth time through and I noticed something new that didn't happen the first three times.
    Baby Sam's shirt changed! It was the Max and Cross Bone shirt you could buy at the TTStore, but on the fourth time around it was Ted's shirt from TTH!!
  • edited January 2008
    Coulda sworn tha when I played
    While he was wearing a shirt with max's head on it, it was just plain Max's Head. Not the Max and Crossbones one.

Not saying you're wrong, just kinda in support of your theory.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, for me it was
    also only Max' head...
    I think...
  • edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure the design for Young Sam and Young Max is taken directly from a one-page comic of Steve Purcell's that was printed in Surfin' the Highway.

PS - I laughed out loud when I found Flint's ashtray in Stinky's.
  • edited January 2008
    Huh, it appears the shirt Little Sammie wears is randomly determine. I went into my saved game to get a screen shot, but I got the Max Head shirt everyone else said they got instead of Ted's shirt or the Max & Crossbone shirt.

Something's afoot here... Next time that happens, I'm going to save a screen shot for sure.
  • edited January 2008
    Good, for a moment I thought I must've been imagining things. I'm pretty sure I've seen both the
    regular and the crossbones t-shirt
  • edited January 2008
    edit: Here's a good shot of the crossbone t-shirt.
    8acp83p.jpg
  • edited January 2008
    finished it then. it had some cool puzzles and i was stumped on one for a good while. overall i spent more time playing it than 201 and it felt bigger (as in environment) as Ice Station Santa just had santas house.
    music was awesome, once again. the music in the underground cave was epic, loved it.
  • edited January 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    Good, for a moment I thought I must've been imagining things. I'm pretty sure I've seen both the
    regular and the crossbones t-shirt

Thank you!! Now I'm just trying to get a screenshot of Sam wearing Ted's shirt.
  • edited January 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    edit: Here's a good shot of the crossbone t-shirt.
    8acp83p.jpg

OMG! I never saw Sam wearing that t-shirt whilst I was playing :confused:
  • edited January 2008
    Well, until someone tells us how the shirts are determine, it's randomly generated from what I've been able to tell.
  • edited January 2008
    yeah never saw that shirt either
  • edited January 2008
    Wrong forum. Sorry.
  • edited January 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    BTW, I kind of wish you had Sam's catch phrase in the introduction when Max asks if they should help Sybil. I was so wanting to hear him say again "Can't think of a reason not to!"

i know i'm late in saying this, but i'd just like to say that i agree fully! twas kinda gutted that it wasn't used actually.
  • edited January 2008
    I don't think that phrase would have worked. The "can't think of a reason not to" joke is best when used in reference to something destructive - something that any normal person would think of a reason not to. For helping Sybil, it wouldn't have as much punch, so they went with a similar joke that suggests that Sam is only interested in helping Sybil because he's bored.
  • edited January 2008
    Blah! Shot down by justification...
  • edited January 2008
    O.K,this is getting more and more confusing...:confused:
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.
  • edited January 2008
    zozenka wrote: »
    O.K,this is getting more and more confusing...:confused:
    Attachment not found.

Phoney Bone!
  • edited January 2008
    I'm still trying to access Ted's shirt again, but I guess that brings the total Sam Wardrobe to four shirts by my count.

Max's Head
    Max & Crossbone
    Ted
    Phoney Bone
  • edited January 2008
    http://www.gametap.com/home/views/watch/watch.jsp?videoId=11047_video_1
    Here's the Sam & Max cartoon episode that has kid versions of Sam & Max. Funny that Sam wears a Max-head shirt there too.

kidsxe7.th.png
  • edited January 2008
    I think that's the model they used and then realized that they could mess with our heads by coding in a random shirt generator every time you boot up the game. I just want to know how many shirts they put in to Little Sam's textrue data.

*decides to take a glance over to the store page*
  • edited January 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Funny that Sam wears a Max-head shirt there too.
    Actually there's a good explanation for that: Steve. Both incarnations look a lot like a certain sketch in the Age of S&M sketchbook, which features that shirt.
  • edited January 2008
    I would guess that they used the comic 'Terror on the Tanbark' for inspiration.

smkids.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Yeah whenever Sam & Max show up as kids, in the comic or show (even the cover of the old Epic Color Collection), Sam has that Max t-shirt on. :)
  • edited January 2008
    Telltale did a fantastic job bringing the kids to life in the game. It was exactly as I expected .
  • edited January 2008
    They're sooocute!
    I want my baby s&m plushie!
    PLEAAAAAAAAASE TTG! :(
  • edited January 2008
    What's going on in your avatar there unsilviu?
  • edited January 2008
    What? :confused:
  • edited January 2008
    Like where's Max?
  • edited January 2008
    ya whats the idea with changeing shirts?
  • edited January 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    "Throw crap at a wall and see what sticks" is a formula now?
    only Disny
    lol ya
  • edited January 2008
    have not seen this shirt yet.. i am playing early in the morning... i think it might have something to do with the time you start the new game....

1tk3kl.jpg
  • edited January 2008
    Theodore Dudebrough!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.