Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Your memory is a lot better than mine, but yes, I recognise it.
  • edited January 2008
    Another great thing was the quiz... you had to specify your age before the game started and only at age 18 or above (I was 9) it would allow you in, but not before you won a little quiz game testing your age (no idea why... there was no nudity and even if there had been, it would not have been terribly interesting in 160x200 EGA). The questions were chosen according to your age and well, the questions for age 18 were usually pop-questions about singers or sports about which I didn't have a clue... so I always had to specify age 80 to get to history and such...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    hey its up now. If you already bought the season, you can go to your My Telltale account page and get a download link right now!
  • edited January 2008
    Already downloading
  • edited January 2008
    Download running 40s remaining :)
  • edited January 2008
    20% downloaded at 230KB/second, 5 minutes 35 seconds left!
  • edited January 2008
    1300KB/s :)

Installation complete, so see you tomorrow :)
  • edited January 2008
    The server seems to get hammered pretty hard (and not the good kind) by all the people who've been waiting for the game's release; download time is reported as 3 hours right now! Is there any particular reason why you don't just put up a torrent link? It would mean faster download times for everyone, less server load and less bandwidth used for Telltale; basically an improvement for everyone involved.

(Am I right in thinking that the setup executable from the "My Account" page is the same file that is used to setup the demo, so sharing it is allowed?)
  • edited January 2008
    The servers really aren't hammered, trust me :)

We use the same CDN that handles Steam and XBLA, so I think our bandwidth needs are pretty minor in comparison.

Edit: And yeah, it's the same link for everyone.
    edited January 2008
    Eerrr... no offense, but given that the guy posting right above you is getting 1300k/sec, I think it might be you.

We're using the same company for our download hosting who provide bandwidth to Steam and Xbox Live Arcade, so the release of a Sam & Max episode shouldn't be having much of an effect on their bandwidth.

oops, hi doug!
  • edited January 2008
    500 kB/sec and going steady...
  • edited January 2008
    just downloaded.. finished before it began, very quick
  • edited January 2008
    weeee, 3 kB/sec... i hate my connection
  • edited January 2008
    Are you guys sending out e-mails as well? I love the big NEW SAM AND MAX! sign hitting my inbox.
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Eerrr... no offense, but given that the guy posting right above you is getting 1300k/sec, I think it might be you.
    It's probably more of a load balancing issue then, because I can easily transfer over 1MB/s from the US usually (e.g. the Amazon webservices which I use for backups), and usually more.

I guess I'll just wait for some of the people hogging the high bandwidth slots to start playing then. ;) (Although I still think a torrent link would hurt nobody and could help some.)
  • edited January 2008
    Jeroen_JRP wrote: »
    weeee, 3 kB/sec... i hate my connection

Why still use a 28k8 modem? :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    It'll inevitably be mirrored on a bunch of download sites soon enough, anyway, since it's the same download as the demo version of the game.
  • edited January 2008
    barchetta wrote: »
    Why still use a 28k8 modem? :D

no, a good connection being devided between 120 students :(
    edited January 2008
    Soultaker wrote: »
    It's probably more of a load balancing issue then, because I can easily transfer over 1MB/s from the US usually (e.g. the Amazon webservices which I use for backups), and usually more.

I guess I'll just wait for some of the people hogging the high bandwidth slots to start playing then. ;) (Although I still think a torrent link would hurt nobody and could help some.)

I suspect that, yeah, most likely the game file is still propagating across their network, and international download speeds will increase over the next few hours.
  • edited January 2008
    3 Kb/s... It's gonna be a long night :(
  • edited January 2008
    470kB/s here (France), 2 minutes left

thx for the link
  • edited January 2008
    90-120kb/s here in Austria
  • edited January 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I suspect that, yeah, most likely the game file is still propagating across their network, and international download speeds will increase over the next few hours.

When it comes to a new Sam & Max episode, there is no such thing as a "few" hours :mad:
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2008
    In LSL, you had to look in the bathroom to get the password "Ken Sent Me". Then you'd give a drink to the drunk guy who'd give you all that he owned... which turned out to be a remote contol... then you'd ge to the door, knock and tell the guy the password. Inside there was a TV on which you had to switch channels a few times to get the guard away from the stairs.

You had to switch channels a few times and the first 10 times or so the whole dialog coming from the TV would be two people saying each others names again and again.

Nooooooooooooooo, couldn't you have used Spoiler tags? Now you've ruined it for me :(
    Just Kidding. I must have played it when i was 11
  • edited January 2008
    Thanks for the link, getting it in Argentina at 93.7 kb/s. Six minutes left :)
  • edited January 2008
    Still crawling along at single digit kB/s, and all the earlier episodes downloaded so fast... :(
  • edited January 2008
    I wonder if LLNW's edge server in .nl is having connection issues or something.
  • edited January 2008
    Must be something like that, because when I try downloading using an open proxy in Mexico, I get 40 k/s (which isn't great, but it is about six times as fast as downloading directly -- usually these open proxies are dog slow).
  • edited January 2008
    Thank you! Typing the link into this proxy server gives me a 400+ speed :D.
  • edited January 2008
    it works!
  • edited January 2008
    Aw, im kinda bummed now.. there were 2 jokes in the teaser of the beta version they had on gametap that are not in this version... both about
    shooting the triangle

i recall them both very clearly
    Bosco: you need to comunicate with it
    Sam: but we've already tried shooting it
    Bosco: there are other ways to communicate you know
    (max said something after that too but i forget the line)

Sam: what do you know about interdimentional portals
    Stinky: have you tried shooting it?
    Max: you have to ask?
    Stinky: then i've got nothing
  • edited January 2008
    Harald B wrote: »

Sweet, works for me too :D

Time to break out the beer and cigarettes, I'm off for a night of solving puzzles and killing brain cells!
  • edited January 2008
    Harald B wrote: »

Thanks. That gave me 60kB instead of 0.

Edit: make that 500kB. This is great. Saved my evening.
    edited January 2008
    Aw, im kinda bummed now.. there were 2 jokes in the teaser of the beta version they had on gametap that are not in this version..
    They were removed because they both referred to the fact that Sam had already tried shooting the triangle, which never actually happened during the opening cutscene.
  • edited January 2008
    How do I go about dowloading episode 2 if I already paid for the series as a whole?
  • edited January 2008
    http://www.telltalegames.com/download/moaibetterblues

You can activate with either your site login (preferred) or your serial number.
  • edited January 2008
    download the demo or go to account (upper right corner of the website) and use the download-link there! After installing enter your username + password. Or use serial number if you installon a pc without internet connection. (AFAIK)
    edited January 2008
    The serial number also requires an internet connection (but it's a good second line of defense if you have trouble unlocking using your Telltale account info). Anyone who has trouble with the online activation or doesn't have an internet connection should use the Manual Unlock option.
  • edited January 2008
    [EDIT] PLEASE USE THIS MIRROR ONLY IF THE OFFICIAL LOCATION ( http://www.telltalegames.com/download/moaibetterblues ) IS REALLY SLOW FOR YOU!!!!!!

The bandwidth is limited, so don't use it unless you have to or there won't be any bandwidth left for those who really need it!
    [/EDIT]

I've mirrored it at my place for those that have trouble... I'll take it down tomorrow evening or when I'm getting close to my bandwidth limit, whatever comes first: So don't rely on it, don't post it elsewhere and so on! But for people getting bad download speeds a mirror in central Europe could work better:

http://www.tapper-ware.net/SamAndMax202_MoaiBetterBlues_Setup_1.0.0.7.exe
Sign in to comment in this discussion.