Episode 202 - Moai Better Blues - Available Now!!

Comments

• PuhPuh
    edited January 2008
    signed up jsut to write this, heh.
    thanks a million, never tought I'd get it down today, and then I saw your post :)
    realy greatful! could use more of your mind-ed people around these days.

/Pu
    (10 minutes later - - "download completed") -yahy!
  • edited January 2008
    You're welcome. Enthusiasts should stick together, shouldn't they?
  • edited January 2008
    [EDIT] PLEASE USE THIS MIRROR ONLY IF THE OFFICIAL LOCATION ( http://www.telltalegames.com/download/moaibetterblues ) IS REALLY SLOW FOR YOU!!!!!!

The bandwidth is limited, so don't use it unless you have to or there won't be any bandwidth left for those who really need it!
    [/EDIT]

I've mirrored it at my place for those that have trouble... I'll take it down tomorrow evening or when I'm getting close to my bandwidth limit, whatever comes first: So don't rely on it, don't post it elsewhere and so on! But for people getting bad download speeds a mirror in central Europe could work better:

http://www.tapper-ware.net/SamAndMax202_MoaiBetterBlues_Setup_1.0.0.7.exe

Hey! Thx a lot! :D
  • edited January 2008
    Thanks for the mirror, gives me almost 400kB/s instead of the 3kB/s I was getting from the Telltale servers :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Here are some other mirrors:

Gamer's Hell
    Worth Playing
  • edited January 2008
    Just wanted to thank you to "hansschmucker", that mirror worked great. Still imposible for me to download from telltales original mirrror.

But now the game is working so on to gaming :D
  • edited January 2008
    I've mirrored it at my place for those that have trouble... I'll take it down tomorrow evening or when I'm getting close to my bandwidth limit, whatever comes first: So don't rely on it, don't post it elsewhere and so on! But for people getting bad download speeds a mirror in central Europe could work better:

Yeah that one works MUCH better, the telltale one gives me about 1.2Mb filesize and drops to a crawling speed. This mirror download will finish in 20 seconds from now :)

Much thanks!

p.s. located in the Netherlands, seems there's something wrong in that link TTG<->NL then?
  • edited January 2008
    I'm on the last puzzle... and I'm stuck! Argh!
  • edited January 2008
    Remember:
    a)
    A stopsign stops triangles... Is there something around that can be made to look like a stopsign?
    b)
    There's a way to operate gongs without standing next to them
  • edited January 2008
    Remember:
    a)
    A stopsign stops triangles... Is there something around that can be made to look like a stopsign?
    b)
    There's a way to operate gongs without standing next to them

Oops, thanks for those clues, but I managed to figure it out... talk about an awesome game! I'll write my review for it on Gamespot tomorrow.
  • edited January 2008
    I liked this episode quite a lot. My theories turned out to be completely wrong, but im not bothered about that :)

BTW, how do yoo do those spoiler type windows?
  • edited January 2008
    I liked this episode quite a lot. My theories turned out to be completely wrong, but im not bothered about that :)

BTW, how do yoo do those spoiler type windows?

[php]
    text
    [/php]
  • edited January 2008
    episodes downloading at 336 kb/sec for me from telltale
  • edited January 2008
    Cool :)
    I really thought time travel would play a part, and the 3 babies would be the soda poppers. Interesting that they played no part in this episode for once. Is the theme for this series gonna be the Mexican guy popping up at the mention of someones birthday? :D
  • edited January 2008
    So, who's the season bad guy?
    Spatula?
    Mexican guy?
    Pagan God?
  • edited January 2008
    The soda poppers only appeared twice in season one, you know. People always act like we used them every episode :(
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Thrice. :D

Still, yes.
  • edited January 2008
    I really thought time travel would play a part, and the 3 babies would be the soda poppers. Interesting that they played no part in this episode for once. Is the theme for this series gonna be the Mexican guy popping up at the mention of someones birthday? :D
    I'm surprised at the lack of time travel as well. I really expected that moment from the last episode to be in there. Also, the lever seemed like a good point to joke about having to go back in time to yesterday to switch it before disaster struck. It even looked similar enough...
  • edited January 2008
    So, who's the season bad guy?
    Maybe there is no is season bad guy. It's just a bunch of stuff that happened. :)
  • edited January 2008
    Well, the Soda Popplers were never really funny to me (don't know if I'm too young or if just don't understand the joke), so yes they were a bit annoying to me and I don't miss them.

What worked really well for this episode is the contrast between the dark city and the bright island. Also, the walking distances were quite short since you didn't include "nested" room layouts where you have to go through one room to get to another... they were all reachable directly from the two main plateaus. GREAT! (although a teleporter map would still be very welcome).

About the season bad guy... well we have Santa going to the hell, we have Mr. Spatula coming back from hell... I think you know what I'm trying to say. I don't think that is the correct answer, but at least it would explain the previous events.
  • edited January 2008
    I think the season villian is Stinky.
    1. She seems to have murdered the original Stinky.
    2. She knows too much about where Sam & Max are going.
    3. She seemed to know about the Bermuda Triangle being a transporter.
  • edited January 2008
    Season villain definitely looks like the new Stinky, but then, quoting a discussion between Sam and Bosco in 202...

"That's what they want you to believe."

Might end up being someone else entirely.
  • edited January 2008
    My money is on
    the unseen character that showed up during the episode's stinger.
  • YitYit
    edited January 2008
    Speculation aside, the crates in the "cave" were HILARIOUS! I honestly laughed for like 4 minutes. I loved it. Great episode overall, right up there with 105.
  • edited January 2008
    I'M taking my mirror offline now. since the majority of all people seem to be done downloading
  • edited January 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    They were removed because they both referred to the fact that Sam had already tried shooting the triangle, which never actually happened during the opening cutscene.

So? What do you think was the first thing I did when gameplay started? :p
  • edited January 2008
    I'm jealous of all you people who played it.
    I only bought the single episode for Ice Station Santa and was just going to upgrade when this came out, but I can't get it until I get back from Canada.
    *10 more days... 10 more days... 10 more days...*
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    Maybe its the Hanso corporation...
    Btw, nice touch with
    the 4-8-15-16-23-42 sequence in the hatch :)
  • edited January 2008
    TrogLlama might I suggest you find something to do to keep your mind off your eager anticipation...Like finding a trout and beating yourself senseless with it? *Large lagomorph grin*
  • edited January 2008
    TrogLlama might I suggest you find something to do to keep your mind off your eager anticipation...Like finding a trout and beating yourself senseless with it? *Large lagomorph grin*
    But I'm a vegetarian!
  • edited January 2008
    Mmm... maybe just me, but... hasn't the voice of the rabbity-thingie changed ?
  • edited January 2008
    Disablez wrote: »

...nope.
    Speaking of voices, the acting in this episode was out of this world. When Sam & Max were making those 'cute baby' voices to the baby outside of the cave (who's name completely escapes me at this moment), I was rolling. :D
  • edited January 2008
    I loved the monkey island reference "That's the second biggest triangle i've ever seen!" :D

btw, is it just me or had the credits no sound?
  • edited January 2008
    I found the funniest bit in the episode my second time around:
    Putting the Left-Sock Crown on Max!
    Too bad it doesn't carry over for the rest of the game. It would have been really funny to see it in the closing animation.
  • edited January 2008
    202 felt like it had some inspiration from Portal, particularly
    the puzzle where you get the buried head to work up some thunder and use the wind Moai to guide it through the portal to fry the piranhas.

Now everyone's thinking with portals!
  • edited January 2008
    Jeroen_JRP wrote: »
    I loved the monkey island reference "That's the second biggest triangle i've ever seen!" :D

btw, is it just me or had the credits no sound?

Isn't that a Get Smart reference?
  • edited January 2008
    hmm, I think this is a reference to the second biggest monkey head guybrush had ever seen. But that could be a reference to Get Smart, but i've never seen that show, so i really don't know :P.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Disablez wrote: »

Nope! Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the voices for 201 and 202 were recorded in the same studio session!
  • edited January 2008
    Oh, by the way, as a Scot I can honestly say that the "run over the bagpipes" minigame was absolutely hilarious XD Especially the arcade machine's comment:

"I REALLY HATE BAGPIPES!"

Bagpipes ain't all that bad, but it's still funny to make jokes about them XD
  • edited January 2008
    I've put up my review for the game here. There are spoilers in it, for anyone who hasn't started the game yet.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.