Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Eeeee.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    I got confirmation this morning that the books have arrived at the warehouse. Some orders may ship today but I think most will go out next week.
  • edited June 2008
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I came home from dropping off a job application, only to find a pristine, plastic-wrapped copy of Surfin' The Highway on my desk. ^_^ It looks absolutely amazing, Telltale, and #625 is a lot lower than I thought I would be!

Edit: However, on a quick check through my e-mail, I got no shipping confirmation. Y'all are some sneaky, book-delivering masterminds! :O
  • edited June 2008
    Wow, 2 hour shipping! Not bad Telltale, not bad. ;)
  • edited June 2008
    Toast60 wrote: »
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I came home from dropping off a job application, only to find a pristine, plastic-wrapped copy of Surfin' The Highway on my desk. ^_^ It looks absolutely amazing, Telltale, and #625 is a lot lower than I thought I would be!

Edit: However, on a quick check through my e-mail, I got no shipping confirmation. Y'all are some sneaky, book-delivering masterminds! :O

Yikes, you must live next door to the warehouse.
  • edited June 2008
    Ugh, I think I had mine shipped via USPS, which sucks. Now I'm gonna have to wait an extra week. :\
    Is there any way I can check the shipping method that I used when I placed my order? The Invoice section of my Account page doesn't seem to show it.
  • edited June 2008
    got my confirmation, i'm SO HAPPY! sooon sooooooooon. The next two weeks are gonna be hell, waiting for international shipping to arrive.
  • edited June 2008
    Oh snap, I can feel the FW Effect coming in for this limited edition book.

Then we'll see a bunch on eBay for the triple of the price.
  • edited June 2008
    Came back from drama feeling like "guff", since I hate being there really but I go to this group every week because I'm a moron, but I digress. Saw "You have recieved an email from yada yada yada" and I was like what the hell is a digital river, and then AHH... I can't wait 10-14 days but sometimes up to several weeks!

And worse yet my mailman is a dumbass and looks at things that say "Fragile, handle with care" and think it's code for "Try and fold it and cram it into the letterbox", so I'm expecting it to be sawn into pieces and fed through there. Jerk. I'll kill him if my precious StH is damaged
    edited June 2008
    I just got two shipping confirmations. Apparently I forgot to cancel some test orders. Oops. :o

dg10050, you used UPS.
  • edited June 2008
    Got an e-mail saying mine's still unavailable for shipping yet. Grr gonna be ages then cos I'm also international!! :'(
  • edited June 2008
    Got my confirmation!
    edited June 2008
    200 books that were supposed to go to the warehouse were accidentally sent to us, so the most recent orders will have to wait a few additional days until we 1) get the shipment, and 2) send those 200 books back to the warehouse (which is, incidentally, only a few hundred miles away from the printer, as opposed to us, who are about 1500 miles away). Sorry Harley. :(
  • edited June 2008
    Got my confirmation when I got home from work. Brightened up my day..er, night:p
  • edited June 2008
    I just hope I don't get a higher numbered one because I had to reorder (stupid bank gave me a new visa number)
  • edited June 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    dg10050, you used UPS.

Thanks. I just got the confirmation email and I noticed the familiar 1Z beginning of the tracking number. ;)
    Estimated arrival date is Tuesday, which means I should be getting it Monday. :D

(I propose that we all put our StH numbers as our custom forum titles/signatures, at least for a while.)
  • edited June 2008
    If UPS loses my package...well, I hate to think of the consequences. Thankfully, they haven't lost any of my packages yet. But now that I think about it, it IS Friday the 13th today.
  • edited June 2008
    i just received my shipping confirmation...and i am absolutely sure nothing bad will happen...it will arrive here in perfect condition. it's a long way to europe, but it will be fine, as long as it stays away from any customs officers.
  • edited June 2008
    Why am I the only one getting an e-mail saying mine is unavailable to be shipped?
  • edited June 2008
    ...because you just ordered recently and, as emily explained, the last box of book isn't at the warehouse yet.
  • YitYit
    edited June 2008
    Finally. It shipped. Only 4 months and 6 days after my order...

Man, that's a long time to "process" my order!
  • edited June 2008
    Yay got my shipping confirmation email!! Weeeeeeee!
  • edited June 2008
    I got my shipping confirmation as well!! And I forgot that it was being shipped to the PO BOX. :o Here's hoping they put it on a shelf like they do with all the other packages I order.
  • edited June 2008
    How long do you think it'll take to get to the uk? i'm thinking 2 weeks though you never know... I might be pleasently surprised. Hopefully all three of my books will survive (STH hadcover, softcover and Efigy mound.. yeesh)
    The art of S&M has some slight scuffing but it's mostly ok.

Our post guy is ok usually, if it's in a box he knocks on the door.. if it's slightly bendable he crams it into our smaller than average mail slot, gets it stuck, THEN knocks.. bah.. BAH.
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ...because you just ordered recently and, as emily explained, the last box of book isn't at the warehouse yet.

Thanks, I was worried then I had ordered too late.
  • edited June 2008
    Yit wrote: »
    Finally. It shipped. Only 4 months and 6 days after my order...

Man, that's a long time to "process" my order!
    Well, it did say that they weren't ready to be shipped yet...
  • edited June 2008
    You know what's weird? In the shipping confirmation my details are listed as follows:

Shipped to:
    Eero Kuusi
    Urheilukatu 24 A 19

Helsinki 00250
    0405724xxx <-- my phone number

Hopefully they're not going to send it to the country '04057...', and know to actually send it to Finland.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm just hoping that my book gets to me in one piece. I'd hate to have to go through the whole process of exchanging a limited edition item...
  • edited June 2008
    I'm hoping two things. One, I get the UPS guy that hasn't screwed up my address three times now (thank you honest neighbors!), and two, I'm hoping to get a low number ;)
  • edited June 2008
    It's monday! Isn't that great? That means the mail resumes today bringing my book one day closer!
  • edited June 2008
    i envy you united statians...us europe-guys won't receive these books before next month...probably.
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i envy you united statians...us europe-guys won't receive these books before next month...probably.

yep but at least we can buy HTR easily
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »

Yeah, how much is the DVD cased version in stores over there?
  • edited June 2008
    around 10 bucks...euro not uk bucks.
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »

We deserve one good thing seeing as you get everything decent and I have to spend a fortune ordering everything from the US!
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Yeah, how much is the DVD cased version in stores over there?

£2. With Day of the Tentacle bundled in.

Granted, that was in a charity shop, but I've seen it going for similar prices at a few different ones.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm seen it for £7 onlinw and 10 in store for just HTR
  • edited June 2008
    Well, my StH didn't arrive like I had expected. Oh well, it'll be here tomorrow. :)
  • edited June 2008
    My copy just came! #374 and very nice I might add :D
  • edited June 2008
    Well the money's gone from my account but still no e-mail saying it's been sent, so can just hope it has!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.