Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited April 2008
    im not sure if this has been asked before as the thread is so long and the question could be anywhere in the forums

does the number on the hardcover correspond with the order in which they were ordered?
    will the last person to order get #2500 and first get #1? I know steve gets a few and staff of course :P so will it start at 50? 60? and what are my odds of a decent numbered one off ebay now that I can afford a nice 300$ shipment :P muhahah store is about to be......raided.

anyway just want to know if ill get one of everything now then hunt a low number one for collection purposes, might take years to see early number ones if ever :P

BTW an original TPB surfin the highway sold on ebay for 20$ with a sam and max card. I didnt bid cause I have 4 cards and 3 TPB's. I dont wanna horde but I was so tempted!

People dont know a deal when they see one!
  • edited April 2008
    It was actually addressed by Emily in the comments part of the blog on the book.

"We can't control exactly what order the numbers will go out, but people who preordered will get lower numbers than people who don't buy until after the book is available. "
  • edited May 2008
    WHOOOO!! Then we can have a forum contest to see who has the lowest number among the pre-order customors! :D
  • edited May 2008
    that would make me sad, but I would love pics for the archives! lets see if we get a whole set
  • edited May 2008
    A June shipping date? I was born in June, hence I am considering it almost like a birthday present from Telltale. You guys are sweet.
  • edited May 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    WHOOOO!! Then we can have a forum contest to see who has the lowest number among the pre-order customors! :D
    i would like to know who will get number one...okay, probably steve..or jake. but if not, post a photo..
  • edited May 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i would like to know who will get number one...okay, probably steve..or jake. but if not, post a photo..

Since Steve actually puts the numbers on the cards, he's in the perfect position to ship out several "No.1"s... and make a fortune on eBay! Oh wait, since he actually draws S&M he can always make a fortune on eBay, easily.
  • edited May 2008
    Since Steve actually puts the numbers on the cards, he's in the perfect position to ship out several "No.1"s... and make a fortune on eBay! Oh wait, since he actually draws S&M he can always make a fortune on eBay, easily.
    Since there's that '/2500' part he could write '1/1' :D One of a kind!
  • edited May 2008
    I bought the soft cover a few months ago (wish I waited now *grunts*) and I can honestly say it is the BEST. COMIC. BOOK. EVER.

nuff said.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008

I suspect it will be Steve :)
  • edited May 2008
    I want a signed book so bad I think I may die.
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I suspect it will be Steve :)
    this would be kind of lame however. i mean, if he had the only unsigned copy it would still be special and someone else could have number 1. signing something for yourself seems a bit odd..he's not that type of guy, is he?
    I want a signed book so bad I think I may die.
    then you should order one asap...seems like a good deal to me. you get an awesome book and can live on. all for less than fifthy bucks..
  • edited May 2008
    Yes but I am uber poor and live in the UK so the postage would cost even more. Maybe if I beg...
    edited May 2008
    this would be kind of lame however. i mean, if he had the only unsigned copy it would still be special and someone else could have number 1. signing something for yourself seems a bit odd..he's not that type of guy, is he?

Look at Judgey Judgekins over here. Whose to say what he'll do with it! Maybe he'll use #1 to end world hunger. Maybe he'll use it to better reach the top shelf in his kitchen. But he gets the first crack at that copy.
  • edited May 2008
    Maybe he'll use it as a doorstop.
  • edited May 2008
    Yes but I am uber poor and live in the UK so the postage would cost even more. Maybe if I beg...

I don't think postage was that much actually. I think it wasn't more than $10. I don't think customs would be too much of a worry either, I've got stuff shipped that was worth more and larger that I didn't get charged for by customs.

I paid about $60 for the hardcover and postage, which is about £30 I think.
  • edited May 2008
    30 can't really afford :( just bought the Effy book, man I hate having only 1 shift of 4 hours at my gaming shop job!!
  • edited May 2008
    30 can't really afford :( just bought the Effy book, man I hate having only 1 shift of 4 hours at my gaming shop job!!

Do what I did and spend money that you don't have and just make up for it before it bites you in the arse.:D

Oh, wait, I sold my copies of Bad Day on the Moon and the Colour Collection for it...

I'm sad now...:(

*thinks about Surfin the Highway soon being mine*

That's better.
  • edited May 2008

I just got the Effy book as well! I expected a truckload of games I ordered on Ebay, just because of the sheer size of the box it came in. Imagine my surprise.

Oh well, at least my sisters' Chihuahua has enough paper to poop on for months to come. (And I'm talking about the protective paper that came in the box, not the book)

--Erwin
  • edited May 2008
    Erwin wrote: »
    I just got the Effy book as well! I expected a truckload of games I ordered on Ebay, just because of the sheer size of the box it came in. Imagine my surprise.

Oh well, at least my sisters' Chihuahua has enough paper to poop on for months to come. (And I'm talking about the protective paper that came in the box, not the book)

--Erwin

I thought that!! I saw the box and thought 'holy shit, sweeeet' then it was this tiny thing! Think of the enviroment people!
  • edited May 2008
    We don't have any control over that right now, unfortunately. Probably what happened is that we yelled at them for using skimpy packaging at some point in the past and they grossly overcompensated.
  • edited May 2008
    People take things too literal then eh?
  • edited May 2008
    The hardcover will probably arrive in one of these by itself:

viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=4175&pid=12213
  • edited May 2008
    Guys, we all know Steve is going to keep number 1-20 so he can give it to his family and friends.
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Look at Judgey Judgekins over here. Whose to say what he'll do with it! Maybe he'll use #1 to end world hunger. Maybe he'll use it to better reach the top shelf in his kitchen. But he gets the first crack at that copy.
    i didn't mean that he's not deserving to have copy number 1 or anything...and giving it to his family is excelent. i just found the idea that someone keeps copy of his own book that he signed himself..a bit strange. steve knows how his signature looks and if his copy would be the only unsigned/unnumbered it would be even more special. sorry, if i sounded a bit like a jerk back there...
  • edited May 2008
    Guys, we all know Steve is going to keep number 1-20 so he can give it to his family and friends.

Did we?
    edited May 2008
    i didn't mean that he's not deserving to have copy number 1 or anything...and giving it to his family is excelent. i just found the idea that someone keeps copy of his own book that he signed himself..a bit strange. steve knows how his signature looks and if his copy would be the only unsigned/unnumbered it would be even more special. sorry, if i sounded a bit like a jerk back there...

It's pretty common to keep number one in a signed series around. That's all I was implying.
  • edited May 2008
    Ah, this is the reason I got Season 2; I'd forgotten about the games until the book jumped off the shelf at me. I got it home and didn't get half-way through before I ordered and downloaded it.
  • edited May 2008
    I wonder what's going to come out first, my pre-order of the hard cover or my pre-order of Duke Nukem Forever from EB Games?
    edited May 2008
    Hardcover's printing right now, but always bet on Duke.
  • POOOOOOOOP!

And hooray for the comics on the way. I've been waitin' so long I thought I might turn into a tanooki statue.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Hardcover should start shipping in early June. Woo!
  • edited May 2008
    Eep. Want one.
  • edited May 2008
    Any pictures yet?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Nope. We won't have a book to take pictures of until the printing is done. ;)
  • edited May 2008
    Can't wait. :)
  • edited May 2008
    :D Wooo!
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »

Damn it, and here Jake was telling me 'Always Bet on Duke'
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »

YAY!! So I get not only the Hardcover of Surfin' the Highway, but Spore Creature Creater and maybe the Season 2 DVD + swag!!

It's like Christmas came early for me!! :D
  • edited May 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    YAY!! So I get not only the Hardcover of Surfin' the Highway, but Spore Creature Creater and maybe the Season 2 DVD + swag!!

It's like Christmas came early for me!! :D
    Well, a Christmas where you buy your own presents, but, hey... Don't have to buy for anyone else.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.