Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited May 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Well, a Christmas where you buy your own presents, but, hey... Don't have to buy for anyone else.

Sounds like every Christmas for me - after all, I'm not Christian, I don't celebrate the festival, so I don't buy gifts for others, I don't expect anyone to buy me a gift, but I do like to buy myself presents all the time, not just at Christmas :)
  • EmiEmi
    edited May 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    Spore Creature Creater
    Spore is finally going to come out?

Yay for the for the early June ship date for the hardcovers! Already got my Motoko figure, so now I just need Emma.
  • edited May 2008
    Emi wrote: »
    Spore is finally going to come out?
    Yup. In about 19 days from this post and counting. Got my pre-order and everything.

*Squees in delight* :D
  • YitYit
    edited May 2008
    Actually...

The Spore "Creature Editor" is out in early June. The actual game comes out in september.
  • edited June 2008
    *excitement*
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    psst... If all goes according to plan, hardcovers should start shipping this week.
  • edited June 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    psst... If all goes according to plan, hardcovers should start shipping this week.

Hooray!
  • edited June 2008

Best news all day. Even if I was told I won a million dollars several hours from now.
  • edited June 2008
    this would be great...i guess you will also collect the money for the preorders then, so i better get cracking to earn some extra bucks.
    no, seriously, i was saving for this day until i was five or something, so i should be fine...i just...this book is gonna be great for sure.
    Toast60 wrote: »
    Best news all day. Even if I was told I won a million dollars several hours from now.
    pff...with a million dollar i would hire my own jake and emily and steve purcell to make me an even more awesome edition of sth...bound in new york street rat leather and with gold and metal applications and 10x thicker than the original. also, it would be limited to 1...so i would get number 1/1...on the other hand i was told that the author usually keeps number one, so i would get none/1...but it would be totally worth a million bucks...
  • edited June 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    pff...with a million dollar i would hire my own jake and emily and steve purcell to make me an even more awesome edition of sth...bound in new york street rat leather and with gold and metal applications and 10x thicker than the original. also, it would be limited to 1...so i would get number 1/1...on the other hand i was told that the author usually keeps number one, so i would get none/1...but it would be totally worth a million bucks...

I doubt a single book would cost a million dollars, you could probably get two made. :D And if I wasn't so deathly allergic to rat leather, I'd TOTALLY do that same thing.
  • edited June 2008
    I bet a rare Harry Potter book of some sort could go for that
  • edited June 2008
    Do you know how many copies, if any, are left?
  • edited June 2008
    I bet a rare Harry Potter book of some sort could go for that
    ...Rare Harry Potter books?
    I mean, I know there was the handwritten collection of fairy tales and myths and such, but Harry Potter isn't really a series that's highly valuable, considering they're in most any bookstore you find.
  • edited June 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Surfin the Highway. What more could a guy ask for? :)
  • edited June 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4 and Surfin the Highway. What more could a guy ask for? :)

Spore? That's my combo package I'll probably get in the mail before the month is out. Spore + Surfin' the Highway...

... equals a planet full of Max... :D
    edited June 2008
    Do you know how many copies, if any, are left?

There are some left, although I don't know exactly how many. I think once they're shipping and we're able to post pictures there will probably be a rush for them...
  • edited June 2008
    YES! If it ships this week, it should get here before I'm away on vacation.
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    ...Rare Harry Potter books?
    I mean, I know there was the handwritten collection of fairy tales and myths and such, but Harry Potter isn't really a series that's highly valuable, considering they're in most any bookstore you find.

Ist editions of some of the 1st books are valuble cos they are rarer, 1st eds. of the later books of course aren't.
  • edited June 2008
    people, please...this thread is about the awesome book, so could you stop discussing harry potter or that spore...i don't know what that is, but it sounds infective...diseasewise that is.

..okay maybe surfin the highway is not the book, but still pretty good...probably a lot better than potter.:D

@harley: you should finally order your copy, before it is to late..
  • edited June 2008
    I. Hate. Being. Poor.

Hopefully, now I have more shifts I will be able to soon!
    edited June 2008
    I got a package from the printer this morning...
  • edited June 2008
    I got a package from the printer this morning...

And that package was the bomb, right? :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    It looks awesome! I'll put up some pictures soon.

- Jake
  • edited June 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    And that package was the bomb, right? :D

I bet it was more of 'da bomb'
  • edited June 2008
    So as is pointed out in the comments section of the blog post, it's a bad idea to cancel now. No problems there, I couldn't possibly imagine a reason that anyone would want to.
    However, is it possible to change the address the order ships to? Ordered some time ago when I was on my campus, but now that I'm home for the summer, I'd prefer not to wait for campus mail to forward it to me.

Looking forward to it either way.
    edited June 2008
    However, is it possible to change the address the order ships to? Ordered some time ago when I was on my campus, but now that I'm home for the summer, I'd prefer not to wait for campus mail to forward it to me.

No, which is why some people may want to do a last-minute cancellation. (And I understand about having The Effigy Mound on your order, but we might be able to help with this if you email support@telltalegames.com and explain the situation.)
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    It looks awesome! I'll put up some pictures soon.

- Jake

Sooooooooooooooooooooon!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2008
    *cries* it looks so beautiful...
  • edited June 2008
    Very nice!

Was the slipcase-idea discarded, or did you just not take any pictures of it?
  • edited June 2008
    If this book is successful enough is their any chance that you might make a another Sam and Max book with all the extra issues not present in this book and a full colour version?
  • edited June 2008
    If this book is successful enough is their any chance that you might make a another Sam and Max book with all the extra issues not present in this book and a full colour version?

This has everything in it and colourizing everything doesn't always make things better.
  • edited June 2008
    Quite often colour ruins it. Besides wasn't the original comics in black an white? I'd rather it stick to the original designs.
  • edited June 2008
    Plus, if you need them to be in color so badly:

Crayons.JPG

;)
  • edited June 2008
    You know... when I was a kid... I almost did that to my garfield comics.
  • edited June 2008
    Are you sure he'll be able to keep in between the lines?

That reminds me, I still need to find a paper bag to make my Max puppet. Why is it so hard to find one? Damn you supermarket plastic bags!
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    This has everything in it and colorizing everything doesn't always make things better.

This a new version of the original book excluding the web comic their were more comics made later and 25 pages are in full color so whats wrong with a full color version.
  • edited June 2008
    Okay, only the unfinished webcomic isn't in it. But I don't think that justifies another re-release.
    Also, what's wrong with black & white?
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Okay, only the unfinished webcomic isn't in it. But I don't think that justifies another re-release.
    Also, what's wrong with black & white?

This a remake of the 1995 book.And their were some more stories made of sam and make in other reprinted issues which this one does not have and well they shouldn't have made 25 pages in colour in the first place.A colour and black and white hybrid book is kinda weird.It should have either been in color or black and white not both
  • edited June 2008
    A colour and black and white hybrid book is kinda weird.It should have either been in color or black and white not both
    You're not that much into comics, right?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.