Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    You wouldn't steal a baby...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTbX1aMajow

This fits the conversation too well not to post. :)

tabacco will be proud of your reference. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Wooo!
  • edited February 2008
    I missed the joke.
  • edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    I missed the joke.

No joke. It's just I know through previous discussion with tabacco that he is a fan of the IT Crowd.
  • edited February 2008
    Brilliant!

I hope it doesn't sound arrogant when I say that I am the greatest man in the world.
  • edited February 2008
    I have a question regarding shipping, I'm planning on ordering the hardcover book and shipping between UPS ground and USPS economy is a difference of a dollar. What is the difference of speed between the two?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    UPS is a lot quicker and their tracking is more reliable. I'd go with them.

The only reason not to go with them would be if you're shipping to a PO box, because they don't do that.
  • edited February 2008
    How long does the economy shipping take?
  • edited February 2008
    So, anything you can tell us about the hardcover design? Maybe just a few ideas that are being considered? Are you even working on it right now, or are you too busy with the paperback and Season 2? ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    I was working on it yesterday in fact. Details are almost worked out, at which point I'll post a mockup. It'll be soon! :)
  • edited February 2008
    Oh awesome. :)
  • edited February 2008
    Haha...

Anyways, on the topic of Surfin' the highway..

I got it on Thursday and I've been ambling through it slowly, cause I've been scanning Steve's amazing attention to detail, looking for hidden jokes kinda like the little side panels in a mad magazine, and lo' and behold, I found the first ever reference to Bosco...

BOSCO. WAS. A. TICK! Look about 17 pages into Chapter 2 of 'On The Road,' where the Pirates are showing them all the attractions they have stolen. There is a tent that says Bosco The Singing Tick!

Maybe this is why Bosco is so crazy!? Maybe because he is not of our kind, he is afraid he will be caught and sent back to do circus work as a singing tick? Maybe Flint knows his secret and that's why Flint is following him? Maybe all his years in the circus biz was how he learned all the crazy accents [despite poor disguises]? Maybe his years as a tick explains how he met the bug?

I'm onto you Bosco....
    edited February 2008
    How long does the economy shipping take?

It's first-class USPS, but it can sometimes be a little slow, because Digital River goes through a third-party shipping partner who doesn't always ship until a day or two after the shipping notification goes out. The warehouse is in Minnesota, so the closer you are to the middle of the country, the quicker you'll get it.

I ordered a paperback on 2/8 and it isn't here yet. Based on the tracking info I think I'll get it on Monday.
  • edited February 2008
    You mean you guys don't have a huge box of these at the office to hand out to every employee? :P
  • edited February 2008
    I got mine today! I'd like to say I'm taking my time, but who's kidding. I've been waiting for a long time to read through this.

The book looks fantastic. I ordered last Wednesday (2/6), received shipping notice on Friday (2/8), and received today (2/15).
    Emily wrote: »
    I ordered a paperback on 2/8 and it isn't here yet. Based on the tracking info I think I'll get it on Monday.

I hate to possibly burst your bubble, but Monday is a federal holiday. :(
  • edited February 2008
    thelonepig wrote: »
    I hate to possibly burst your bubble, but Monday is a federal holiday. :(

Guess I won't be getting mine on Monday either :(. Patience is indeed a sharp razor to swallow....

*twitches*
    edited February 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    You mean you guys don't have a huge box of these at the office to hand out to every employee? :P

We have one of those for sure, but it's always good to test shipping to yourself. Also sometimes we forget to cancel test orders and end up with mystery items shipped to the office!
  • edited February 2008
    Yeah, the tracking area is always blank. It's a bug we're trying to get fixed.

I'll send you your tracking number in a PM.

EDIT: If anyone else wants their tracking number, please send an email to support@telltalegames.com with your order number.
    When I got my email, there was a tracking number in it. However, there was a blank spot right after "you can track your package by using this link:"
    edited February 2008
    Well good, they're one step closer to having that fixed, then. :D
  • edited February 2008
    Thanks emily.
    I decided to go with USPS for the sole reason that I was ordering a second copy (to pass around my friends so they get addicted)
  • edited February 2008
    Just ordered the hard cover and effigy mound.
    any ideas how limited the hard cover is?
  • edited February 2008
    ....that a paperback copy of "Surfin' the Highway" is sitting right in front of me on my computer desk. Somebody please pinch me! :)

I've been waiting for this since I first starting playing Sam and Max and now it's finally here. Many thanks again Telltale and Steve Purcell for all your hard work at putting together this wonderful, hilarious reprint. I've only flipped through some pages at this point, but I can already tell I'm in for a real treat. And the cover is just plain awesome :).

Thank you so much. Now if you'll excuse me, my itchy, exhausted eyes have some Sam and Max ingesting to do :D
  • edited February 2008
    Mine just came today. This makes me happy.
    I'm going to avoid tearing through it, though. Don't want it to be over too fast.
  • edited February 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Mine just came today. This makes me happy.
    I'm going to avoid tearing through it, though. Don't want it to be over too fast.

I'm about half-way through now, but this looks like one that can be re-read a lot. :)
  • edited February 2008
    I'm still waiting for my Hardcover edition. D:
    Aww well. I'm getting at least three times the awesome you guys are. :p
  • edited February 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my Hardcover edition. D:
    Aww well. I'm getting at least three times the awesome you guys are. :p

I am too, but I'm also waiting for Season 2 to end so I can get the book, the season DVD, and other things from TTG.
  • edited February 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    I am too, but I'm also waiting for Season 2 to end so I can get the book, the season DVD, and other things from TTG.

*nods* I'm just hoping it doesn't sell out by then.
  • edited February 2008
    The paperback is going to be sold on Amazon :D
  • edited February 2008
    *nods* I'm just hoping it doesn't sell out by then.

The paperback book selling out in 3 months? I would be surprised as well, but Emily will no doubt give an announcement if that would happen.
  • edited February 2008
    I think he meant the hardcover in which if it's really as limited as they say, I would buy it now if I wanted one... Otherwise, it'd be the case file all over again.
  • edited February 2008
    I think he meant the hardcover in which if it's really as limited as they say, I would buy it now if I wanted one... Otherwise, it'd be the case file all over again.

*nods again* Indeed I did.
    I'd love to order it now, but I can't afford to pay shipping and customs twice.
    edited February 2008
    Yes, the paperback will still be around in three months. No promises on the hardcover.
  • edited February 2008
    Yes, the paperback will still be around in three months. No promises on the hardcover.

You could always set one aside just for me? :p
  • edited February 2008
    You could always set one aside just for me? :p

Only if you order now! :D
  • edited February 2008
    So uh, do we have any kind of time frame for when the hardcover will ship other than just "Spring 2008"? "Spring" is kind of a vague time period. Can we at least know if it'll be early or late Spring? Or are you guys really so clueless about when it'll ship that you just said Spring so you won't disappoint people? ;)
    I need to know if I should continue to excite myself, or if I should try my hardest to push it to the back of my mind so I won't go insane from the wait. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2008
    Given that the book isn't in manufacturing yet, it's hard for us to tell you when it will ship. When the book hits the press (we still don't have a printing date nailed down), we will tell you.
  • edited February 2008
    So we can just hope that this Spring 2008 isn't like the 2007 for the paperback version...
    edited February 2008
    Well, at this point we actually know what we're doing. :) I'd never made a book before, and for a while there it seemed like maybe our printer hadn't either, but now that everyone's on the same page (LOL) things seem to be going a lot more smoothly.
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Well, at this point we actually know what we're doing. :) I'd never made a book before, and for a while there it seemed like maybe our printer hadn't either, but now that everyone's on the same page (LOL) things seem to be going a lot more smoothly.

I just wanna say that the quality for the paperback is OUTSTANDING. You guys really picked a winner and I cannot wait to see how they do with the hardcover.
    edited February 2008
    Yeah once we got the issues all sorted out, everything went really well and the book turned out awesome! The guys we're printing with (Malloy) print a very fine book.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.