Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited March 2008
    AllenB wrote: »
    Dear God I hope this doesn't become a widespread meme.:rolleyes:

LOLmariachi? I'll register "icanhassombrero.com" immediately! :D
  • edited March 2008
    soo? what's taking you so long?
  • edited March 2008
    yay my paperback arrived today and may i say its awesome
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    soo? what's taking you so long?

That whole "money" issue, sadly. Damn you, internets!

If only the internet was a big truck instead of tubes...
  • edited March 2008
    I ordered a copy of
    "• Sam & Max Surfin' the Highway (Limited Edition Hardcover)"
    February 16, 2008.
    and i still don't have any news, not even a shipment confirmation for my order.
    since it's more than one month since i purchassed i'm starting to be a little afraid. Is there a way to know if my order was shiped ?
  • MelMel
    edited March 2008
    The hardcover edition isn't completely done yet, so it won't have shipped yet. They still have a Spring 2008 shipping date on it. When it's done and ready to ship, they'll let you know.

Although I think I got a confirmation for my order at least. You can email support@telltalegames.com so they can confirm the order for you.
  • edited March 2008
    Oh ok, I though it was finished. I had a confirmation for the order. I was just afraid it had been shiped and lost by the post office or something like that. Thanks a lot for the answer Mel.
  • MelMel
    edited March 2008
    You're welcome. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    The hardcover stuff is very very close now, finally. I should have more news in detail in the coming days.
  • edited March 2008
    :) Sweet. I'll be keeping an eye on the forum this week. Can't wait:D
  • edited March 2008
    Link281 wrote: »
    :) Sweet. I'll be keeping an eye on the forum this week. Can't wait:D

Better shift your peepers over to the blog, since I bet that's where the news will break first.
  • FWZFWZ
    edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The hardcover stuff is very very close now, finally. I should have more news in detail in the coming days.

Nice, can't wait :D
  • edited March 2008

Woo. :) Can't wait for it to ship, then I can finally read Surfin' the Highway and finally see the cartoon series. :D
  • edited April 2008

April fool!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    April fool!

Nope. The April Fool's joke was learning after a week of unreturned phone calls that our rep at the printer's is suddenly no longer with the company... :mad:

We're plugging away. Stuff is happening. We'll show it off real soon.
  • edited April 2008
    i hate it when this happens...and nobody tells you.
    good thing i have my softcover to read. also, now i have time to earn the money for the hardcover and don't need to sell my car.
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    good thing i have my softcover to read. also, now i have time to earn the money for the hardcover and don't need to sell my car.
    Must be a pretty crappy car if you need to sell it to buy a book... :P Can't you sell the tape deck instead?
  • edited April 2008
    no, the tape deck is broken...the car isn't crappy at all, but i don't need it at the moment, because my employer supplies me with a new car every 6 months..:p
  • edited April 2008
    'Illegal drug dealing car importer' franchise?
    edited April 2008
    new hardcover things back from the printer!

not saying what part of the book this is... but hey

surfin_plate.jpg
  • edited April 2008
    Oh Jake, must you tease us with only one picture? I've flipped it to save myself standing on my head. Looks interesting to say the least!
    edited April 2008
    Well, when I get more stuff back, I'll post more pictures!
  • edited April 2008
    I assume it's one of the "extra-pages" (at least I think I remember you mentioning the hardcover getting some extra-pages over the paperback).
  • edited April 2008
    No extra pages in the hardcover. I think there might be an extra blank page because of the printing process, though.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I think there might be an extra blank page because of the printing process, though.

Woohoo!! That'll show those cheapskates who only got the paperback! :p

(AND, I was confusing those with the extra-apges who are generally added in the re-release... paperback included)
  • edited April 2008
    That could be the inner pattern for the paper jacket that most hardcover books come in. Kind of makes me wonder what the actual hardcover looks like naked.

...Go ahead and run with that. I don't care. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Sam looks pretty weird as a wiener dog. O_o
  • edited April 2008
    That picture made me wildly excited.
  • edited April 2008
    not saying what part of the book this is... but hey
    it's probably one of those things you put inside books to remember the page you stopped reading or you want to read again or something...i think it's called bookmark, but i also thought those things were in your browser. maybe it's attached to those ribbon-thingies the really huge books have...like the bible. anyway, a bookmark would be totally nice, since sth doesn't have numbered pages...and i usually use stuff that's sortof important like the letter that reminds me to do my tax declaration or even money, which i forget to take out and find it again years later when it's lost all it's worth. so, i'm voting for bookmark...on the other hand it might be something completely different.:confused:
  • edited April 2008
    Looks like it'd make a good sticker...
  • edited April 2008
    Well, I got the Paperback at a comic book store. Hopefully, I might find the Hardcover version, too, If I'm lucky.
  • edited April 2008
    Its the bookplate, which will be pasted/stuck to the inside cover. Steve's signature will be on the bun. :D
  • edited April 2008
    might be...or each books number will be printed on the bun. if it was a bookplate and have steve's signature on it, wouldn't that imply that the books would belong to him? they are normally used to express ownership, right?
  • edited April 2008
    Somehow, if it is a book plate, I see Steve's signature on the mustard dollup and the book's number on the bun.
  • edited April 2008
    or vise versa!
    edited April 2008
    meelWORM wrote: »
    Its the bookplate, which will be pasted/stuck to the inside cover. Steve's signature will be on the bun. :D

:D!
  • edited April 2008
    make sure to use the SERIOUS glue!
  • edited April 2008
    ...but funny glue would match the bookplate a lot better.
  • edited April 2008
    Well, my student loan's come in. Seeing as term ends on the 16th May, I have a huge ammount of spare money.

I'm gonna order Surfing the highway, the cartoon, and most probably a signed poster.

It's gonna be sweet.
  • edited April 2008
    You have good taste :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.