Sam & Max Surfin the Highway - Now Shipping!

Comments

• edited March 2008
    no, i don't want an email about shipping dates..i like to be suprised.:D
  • edited March 2008
    Could someone remind me what America's Spring is this year. It's changed due to Groundhog Day or am I wrong?:confused:
  • edited March 2008
    Could someone remind me what America's Spring is this year. It's changed due to Groundhog Day or am I wrong?:confused:

Spring starts today, March 20.
  • edited March 2008
    and when does it usually start?
  • edited March 2008
    Spring nearly always starts on/around March 20. Groundhog Day is a meaningless tradition, its results do not effect the start of Spring.
  • edited March 2008
    ...just as i expected. thanks. anyway, this means, that as long as the spring 2008 release date stands, in the worst case the hardcover should be available in three months.
  • mremre
    edited March 2008
    Hey! It's spring! Gimme gimme gimme!!
  • edited March 2008
    Is the hardcover going to have the glossy effect like the paperback, and with the protective sleeve? Haha, I'm torn between buying the Paperback/dvd bundle, or waiting to get the dvd later and ordering the hardcover version. A hardcover/dvd bundle would be nice, but can see why it wouldn't be possible, as the HC will probably be limited copies.

Also, is the autograph, going to be on the cover, or inside somewhere? Sorry for all the questions:p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    The autograph is inside.
  • edited March 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The autograph is inside.

Wait. The autograph is inside? "is"?!?!? As in PRESENT TENSE! Like right now you have a hardcover copy with an autograph on the inside?!?!?
    GIMME GIMME
    :p

Yay for misinterpretations starting rumors!
  • edited March 2008
    unfortunately my paperback copy hasn't arrived 1 month after i got the shipping email. i'll give it another 2 weeks until i contact you though
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Right now the autographs are sadly still living inside Steve Purcell's various pens, and, I guess, his hand. Or something.
  • edited March 2008
    Again, of topic but why does your Spring start 20 March? I thought the 1 February was an international thing.:confused:

P.S. Sorry if this post sounds stupid! :D
  • edited March 2008
    Again, of topic but why does your Spring start 20 March? I thought the 1 February was an international thing.:confused:

P.S. Sorry if this post sounds stupid! :D

what!!!!?????? since when was february not winter, its 3 months for each season, or at least thats what i thought
  • edited March 2008
    patters wrote: »
    what!!!!?????? since when was february not winter, its 3 months for each season, or at least thats what i thought

Winter: November, December, January.
    Spring: February, March, April.
    Summer: May, June, July.
    Autumn: August, September, October.

At least that's how it is here and it always starts on the 1st of each month.
  • edited March 2008
    Again, of topic but why does your Spring start 20 March?

Spring (and Fall as well) begins when the sun passes directly over the equator, which happened to occur on March 20th this year.

Somewhat on topic: I finally gave my friend her copy of "Surfin' the Highway" on her birthday last Monday. She loved it! :D

The hardcover art posted earlier looks really nice :).
  • edited March 2008
    Winter: November, December, January.
    Spring: February, March, April.
    Summer: May, June, July.
    Autumn: August, September, October.

At least that's how it is here and it always starts on the 1st of each month.

we have had and always

winter dec, jan, feb
    spring mar, apr, may
    summer june, july aug
    autumn sep, oct, nov
  • edited March 2008
    we have had and always

winter dec, jan, feb
    spring mar, apr, may
    summer june, july aug
    autumn sep, oct, nov

Although you can hardly tell it's Spring over here. :p
  • edited March 2008
    Although you can hardly tell it's Spring over here. :p

what with the snow and all
  • edited March 2008
    Completely related to everything, I think what happened was originally Spring was meant to start on 20/21 with the dealio solstice, and then there were arguments over when spring really started, so the met office or whatever said, screw it let's split it into months to shut everyone up, and started Spring on the 1st and split it into 3 month blocks. :P So it all goes down to what you really believe when Spring starts. It's not gonna make Surfin' the Highway ship any faster though unfortunately
  • edited March 2008
    we have had and always

winter dec, jan, feb
    spring mar, apr, may
    summer june, july aug
    autumn sep, oct, nov

The above is correct. Actually in the Finnish language, June = summer moon, December = christmas moon (used to be winter moon back in the day).

If there is such a thing as an official first day of spring, I don't understand why it's March 20th tho ... why not March 1st? Is it really an official day?
  • edited March 2008
    What was I talking about a solstice?

I was thinking of Vernal Equinox, which I think is when the sun is directly over the equator, which I think was the starting point of spring, that's why it was a stupidly accurate date, but as I said they split it into months to make it easier.
  • edited March 2008
    Ooh I didn't read your reply on the last page before posting, thanks for explaining.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm sure it's:

Spring - September, October, November
    Summer - December, January, February
    Autumn - March, April, May
    Winter - June, July, August

Although recent weather pattern seem to give us a four month summer starting mid November and a reasonably short winter.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm pretty sure English weather is like

Spring: Some random day in December
    Winter: The morning after that
    Summer: About 10 minutes after previous winter
    Autumn: Every alternate Tuesday

Or something crazy
  • edited March 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    I'm sure it's:

Spring - September, October, November
    Summer - December, January, February
    Autumn - March, April, May
    Winter - June, July, August

Although recent weather pattern seem to give us a four month summer starting mid November and a reasonably short winter.

that makes sense as you are on the opposite side of the earth to us (UK and europe) therefore it will be opposite for you
  • edited March 2008
    Hows it going with the ship date lately anyways. Been wanting to order the DVD for some time now, but didn't want to order the dvd only to have the book (HC) be released like 2 weeks later. Figured I may as well save money on shipping if I can:) If you still don't know though, i'll prob just buy the dvd now and put the HC on a seperate order.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that we'll be told when there's an actual release date for the hard cover. :)

It's not like Telltale are going to play a Let's See How Long It Takes for Them To Ask game..

Um... Well. I don't know now

And yes if you have the money just order them both seperately, I did :D

*Does not work for Telltale as a Persuader to Buyer*
  • edited March 2008
    Haha I know. What I guess I meant was if they knew if they were getting close to finalizing the details for it. Sorry, I'm probably coming off as some nagging idiot. Not my intentions:p
  • edited March 2008
    When we have something to announce about it, you won't have to ask in the forum because it'll be ll over the store. Trust me.
  • edited March 2008
    It's not like Telltale are going to play a Let's See How Long It Takes for Them To Ask game..
    no one has to play such a game...we ask all the time..
    And yes if you have the money just order them both seperately, I did :D
    or if you don't really have the money, but don't care, you could do it like myself and order both editions. that way you get one to read right away - well, if you get the package - and one just to be awesome..
  • edited March 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    When we have something to announce about it, you won't have to ask in the forum because it'll be ll over the store. Trust me.

And the blog, right?
  • edited March 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    or if you don't really have the money, but don't care, you could do it like myself and order both editions. that way you get one to read right away - well, if you get the package - and one just to be awesome..

I don't have ANY money, so I had to compromise and order the DVD as a "You Know You Love Me" present, which I generally persuade my mother to get every other month, and have Surfin' the Highway hardcover as a birthday present. Which is May 6th, so I'm not going to have Surfin' for ages, so I'm half hoping it takes forever to actually ship out, although I'm hoping for everyone else it's sooner than that.

On the other hand my grandmother just gave me money so I could order the paperback now...
  • edited March 2008
    On the other hand my grandmother just gave me money so I could order the paperback now...
    that's the spirit...like i always say: having money is exactly the same as having no money, but with nice stuff...
  • edited March 2008
    Ooh, May 6th for the Hardcover? There's a gamble I wouldn't want to take without seeing the Vegas odds first.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm hoping it comes soon and then my mum'll give it to me the book immediately out of pity and then get me something else for my birthday.

Not that it wouldn't be a worthwhile birthday present in itself!

Just, great plus more = great and some more stuff
  • edited March 2008
    Did somebody say... birthday?
    Mariachi.jpg
  • edited March 2008
    Mariachi.jpg

Dear God I hope this doesn't become a widespread meme.:rolleyes:
  • edited March 2008
    AllenB wrote: »
    Dear God I hope this doesn't become a widespread meme.:rolleyes:

I do! TTG should just go ahead and make an official image as well as wallpaper to be given to their customers on their birthdays! :D
  • edited March 2008

I can't believe I didn't see that one coming!

I can't believe it took so long either.

I did think I heard Admiral Ackbar shouting though
Sign in to comment in this discussion.