The "whatever's on your mind" thread 1.3

Comments

• edited August 2013
    OK so next week I'm taking my little bro out to see Planes.
    I already knew it wasn't Pixar and I decided to look up a few reviews.(expecting it to be decent enough like wreck it Ralph n co)
    Aaaandd then I see that its pretty shit.
    So I read up on it a little more and see...
    DisneyToon

Makers of every shitty Disney sequel in the 90s

Oh. Oh dear no.
    Noooooooooooo
    Oh god this is going to be painful.
    (Its sad because they started pretty well with the Ducktails movie and A goofy movie. But then Return of Jafar.... O_o)
  • edited August 2013
    The thing with Planes is that Disney is trying very hard to disguise the fact it's not actually made by Pixar. "From the world above Cars", screams all the posters, which makes you think Pixar is involved, even though they're not. It's... it's very dodgy.

Also, Dane Cook? Really? Why was that not enough to tip you off?
  • edited August 2013
    Well its not like I have a choice here... -_-
    (Autistic younger brother can't go see these movies by himself nor would he want to)

At least its free.
    (Both free because I'm going as his carer, but also because he has a free ticket due to a minor malfunction in another odeon we went to that gave us a few freefree tickets for our trouble)
  • edited August 2013
    They closed my loop hole. They just will not stop until I hate them. They keep changing and getting worse with every change and whatever loophole I find the fix it. They "fix" it until I don't want to use their site any more. I hate them. So much.

Today Youtube changed the subscription manager to look just like that unusable mess they call a start page. Thank you. I D I O T S.
  • edited August 2013
    OK so next week I'm taking my little bro out to see Planes.
    I already knew it wasn't Pixar and I decided to look up a few reviews.(expecting it to be decent enough like wreck it Ralph n co)
    Aaaandd then I see that its pretty shit.
    So I read up on it a little more and see...
    DisneyToon

Makers of every shitty Disney sequel in the 90s

Oh. Oh dear no.
    Noooooooooooo
    Oh god this is going to be painful.
    (Its sad because they started pretty well with the Ducktails movie and A goofy movie. But then Return of Jafar.... O_o)
    Hey, the Lion King II was pretty decent!

But yeah, that is an impressive list of awful tat on their C.V.

And they're making the sequel to planes too, which will be doubly bad.
  • edited August 2013
    Was General Chat ever known as the Yak space?
  • edited August 2013
    I believe it was called the Yak Space a very long time ago.

Also, they're making a Boats and Trains as well as a Planes sequel. We're in for a lot of pain.
  • edited August 2013
    At least they are just ruining the Cars franchise...
    As much as I like Cars it is better for them to make bad movies from that universe than for them to make some sort of Toy Story spin off...
  • edited August 2013
    The Cars franchise was never good per se, but the first film was at least tolerable. I cannot imagine for the life of me anything else they make in the 'world' being even remotely up to that standard.
  • edited August 2013
    If they're gonna make crappy spin-offs, they should at least have the decency to make them direct-to-video so that the majority of us can just ignore them.
  • edited August 2013
    Friar wrote: »
    Hey, the Lion King II was pretty decent!

Like hell it was.
  • edited August 2013
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    If they're gonna make crappy spin-offs, they should at least have the decency to make them direct-to-video so that the majority of us can just ignore them.
    It was intended to be. It was produced and budgeted as one then thrown into theaters last-minute.
  • edited August 2013
    coolsome wrote: »

"He lives in you" always leaves me with a tear in the eye. Tina Turner's dub is the most listened to song on my Mp3 player.
  • edited August 2013
    "He lives in you" always leaves me with a tear in the eye. Tina Turner's dub is the most listened to song on my Mp3 player.

Yh that song was awesome.
  • edited August 2013
    I want to buy Ape Escape hand puppets but the problem is its $40 for the item and $40 for the postage making it $80! Don't they know how much $80 is?

So I sent an email asking if they can make the postage cheaper or something cos the post is too damn much it shouldn't be its only from America.
  • edited August 2013
    Notice how Disney isn't 'proudly presenting' this one.
  • edited August 2013
    No disney film can ever be worse than The Fox and the Hound 2.
  • edited August 2013
    Was General Chat ever known as the Yak space?
    Yes. The problem was that Telltale was getting a lot of traffic from Google Search results by, I think, knitting enthusiasts due to Yak wool being great for knitting or something along those lines, so they changed it.
  • edited August 2013
    Ughhhh Flipnote Studio 3D is not out today either. Can't they just release the tools and shut down the online servers until they figure it out?
  • edited August 2013
    I believe it was called the Yak Space a very long time ago.

Also, they're making a Boats and Trains as well as a Planes sequel. We're in for a lot of pain.

Waitwaitwait! TRAINS?!

YES! This means my dream of having a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles in the Cars universe might actually come true. I honestly don't care about actually watching such a thing, but I really feel that it would be a waste if they didn't at least attempt to make a spoof, given their current line up.
  • edited August 2013
    If I were to assemble an indie bundle, these would be my picks:

Blackwell Bundle (Beat the Average)

I myself have become a fan of this series by accident. I was going through my Steam list when I found out the protagonist was a redhead female wearing glasses. Especially the glasses man. It's strange how some people give certain games a try due to stupid reasons. But, anyway, I was sold the moment I played it. Probably one of the few indie game series existing that I actually finished, with the first game having all achievements unlocked as well.

The Blackwell series star a woman named Rosangela Blackwell, a sexy redhead wearing glasses who isn't really confident in herself. Seriously, hasn't she heard of that One Direction song? Anyway, at some point she meets a ghost named Joe Mallone, and from that point on she becomes a medium.

Go Home Dinosaurs
    I'm a sucker for two things, tower defense games and cute things. And cute girls with glasses, so three things. And pasta. I love pasta. But neither of the latter two are in the game. Anyway, it's a fun and cute tower defense game, and I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but still, I like it.

In this game, dinosaurs are attempting to steal the BBQ of a bunch of gophers, so the gophers are trying to make dinosaurs extinct again so that they can have their BBQ. Yes, I know it's a stupid premise, but I'm a sucker for stupid premises. Okay, forget about numbers.

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Either just part three or four, or all four games)
    I love RPGs, especially the kind that has lots of customization. But every once in a while there's this game that is fun regardless of its customization abilities, and that game happens to be a series, in which each game has different mechanics. Sort of.

The series is about a bunch of elder gods, a prophecy and two dudes called Tycho Brahe and Jonathan Gabriel. I haven't actually paid attention while playing the games though, so I don't really know what evil mimes, hobos, fruit fuckers and demonic creatures have to do with the plot. The games are fun though.

Telltale's Texas Hold 'Em
    I like poker a lot. No, I don't know a person named Poker, I'm actually talking about the game poker. You weren't thinking that? Oh, okay, never mind then. Anyway, Telltale's Texas Hold 'Em is the first poker game I played that didn't involve digital women stripping naked, and the first time I actually tried to learn the rules.

There actually is no plot, so let me use this spot to talk about Theodore Dudebrough. I think he deserves to get a come-back of some sort. Dude's the man, man. Seriously, though. It seems like wasted potential to let him fade into obscurity.

Bad Rats
    I have to be honest here, I've never played this game, but I did see gameplay footage of this game, and I already know that I shouldn't play this game ever, and neither should you. If you really want to have a game with contraptions, play The Incredible Machine, or purchase Crazy Machines, heck, wait a little and get Contraption Maker. But don't ever get this game. Unless it's in a bundle.

Basically, it's a physics-based contraption game, and a bad one at that. Seriously, the only reason this game's on the list is to troll people so hard, blood comes out of orifices it shouldn't come.
  • edited August 2013
    Attractions for Halloween Horror Nights 2013

Los Angeles

Evil Dead
    Insidious: Into The Further
    Black Sabbath: 13-3D
    The Walking Dead

Orlando

The Cabin In The Woods
    The Walking Dead
    Evil Dead
  • edited August 2013
    zvcWnBk.jpg

cxX3r0V.png?1

QAPZ4MM.jpg

ci4AYNs.jpg

4DAeKS8.jpg

IeyiyYH.jpg

0z0vF92.jpg

*sob*

Microsoft are jerks and I hate them.
  • edited August 2013

Funny since that song isn't in the movies.

Oh yeah I'm back. Found out my ex was pregnant, lied to me about loving me, mental break down for a while, left TTG with a drunken angry rant.

I'm good now though.
  • edited August 2013
    Good. That was quite a way to make an exit too.

...and you didn't really miss much here.
    Some fighting, coolsome probably had a ban, same ole.
  • edited August 2013
    Uh, so I have no energy. Or drive. Or anything.

Shit. I'm almost 29 and I'm getting depressed again. FUCK. I do NOT want to spend my birthday curled up in a corner crying again. FUCK fuck fuck fuck FUCK.

Why am I like this? I don't... I don't understand why I can't be more... christ, I don't even know what I wanna be like. I wanna be able to go out and talk to people. I wanna be able to focus on projects. I wanna be able to fucking DO stuff. God, I just...

I need to hit something. Maybe scream into a pillow. I dunno.

...god I'm in a weird place right now.
  • edited August 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Funny since that song isn't in the movies.

Oh yeah I'm back. Found out my ex was pregnant, lied to me about loving me, mental break down for a while, left TTG with a drunken angry rant.

I'm good now though.
    Wow that's a lot to deal with. Also"he lives in you" was the first song of the second film and was ripped from the stage play of the first. It's just sung by different people.
    Uh, so I have no energy. Or drive. Or anything.

Shit. I'm almost 29 and I'm getting depressed again. FUCK. I do NOT want to spend my birthday curled up in a corner crying again. FUCK fuck fuck fuck FUCK.

Why am I like this? I don't... I don't understand why I can't be more... christ, I don't even know what I wanna be like. I wanna be able to go out and talk to people. I wanna be able to focus on projects. I wanna be able to fucking DO stuff. God, I just...

I need to hit something. Maybe scream into a pillow. I dunno.

...god I'm in a weird place right now.

If it helps, Sainsbury's has multipacks of chocolate on offer for a pound!
  • edited August 2013
    If it helps, Sainsbury's has multipacks of chocolate on offer for a pound!
    It really, really doesn't.

Maybe if they sold Root Beer. Like they used to. Fuckers.
  • edited August 2013
    Maybe it's time to just stop everything, take a step back and do something you really want to do. Screw everyone else, screw your ideals of yourself and just do something you want to do and you know you'll enjoy no matter how trivial.

Fucking steps, you don't have to suddenly change yourself. Want to be more social? Go shopping and randomly talk to 3 people or something. Can't do stuff that requires your concentration and effort? Maybe you don't really want to do it at the moment. Do something else.
  • edited August 2013
    Johro wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to just stop everything, take a step back and do something you really want to do. Screw everyone else, screw your ideals of yourself and just do something you want to do and you know you'll enjoy no matter how trivial.
    And therein lies the problem. I don't know what I want to do. I never have.

Shit, here come the tears. Fuck fuck fuck. Chris this has been a shitty week.
  • edited August 2013
    And therein lies the problem. I don't know what I want to do. I never have.

Shit, here come the tears. Fuck fuck fuck. Chris this has been a shitty week.

Yeah man. I've been there.
    I think what has helped me has been taking this small time away from work to really invest in some self improvement.
    I've been taking my little bro to the gym twice a week, and I go on some long walks too.
    I've been doodling alot for fun, catching up on some long games (like Tales of Graces F. Its basically the ONLY game I want to really play right now. I think the gym has helped me get a little bit more focus back in an odd way), and though I REALLY should be studying for October, its kind of making me feel too uncomfortable to do that when I know I don't need to.
    (Plus doing all this good shit like exercising, and eating healthily and brushing up on my artistic and creative skills has helped me feel a lot better about myself. (I mean I'm even considering trying to get a gym membership for MYSELF when I get back to uni with the student finance money. ))

I'm actually pretty pleased that despite being 21 1/2 stone (about 300 pounds), I actually have normal blood pressure and pulse rate. And with the hour long gym sessions I'm steadily burning pounds of week by week. :)
    (I know I'll never be a slim jim, hell my Dads gone to see his doc and he says he's pretty healthy. He's just a big man. Its a genetics thing. all he needs to do is try to avoid stress and take some cheap pills to control his blood pressure to keep him healthy into old age)
    (Hell my older brother, who's pretty slim, actually has a higher pulse rate than me and my dad! XD (his is abnormally high, in the 90s, while ours are 72 during the day))

I think socializing is the hardest thing. Especially in our line of interests.
    Like I've been on a few sites reading profiles and stuff and well its actually made it worse, since these people are just NOT the right sort of people for me to waste my time trying to interact with! XD
    I feel like I'm the only gamer in my area thats even trying to reach out.
    (Maybe at uni I need to push more on the student forums to interact with people. But again its that commute holding me back. I guess all I can do is just be open minded about people this year.)
  • edited August 2013
    Well, I'm glad you're doing all right.

Fuck it, let's get back into that Mario Kart thing. That's something I half want to do.
  • edited August 2013
    Well, I'm glad you're doing all right.

Fuck it, let's get back into that Mario Kart thing. That's something I half want to do.

Thats the spirit! :D
    (Hell link me up to it when its done, I'd love to play it! :) )
  • edited August 2013
    Christ, why are so many custom Mario Kart Wii tracks so rubbish? Gah.

(I'll make a YouTube video showing off which tracks I've picked one I'm eventually done. Just four more to go...)
  • edited August 2013

(I'll make a YouTube video showing off which tracks I've picked one I'm eventually done. Just four more to go...)

I got little big planet karting for the PS3 via playstation plus and its quite nice to see faithful recreations of Mario Kart tracks on it. Hehe.
  • edited August 2013
    Sorry I got mad at you over the Indie bundle, Darth.
  • edited August 2013
    Relax - that had nothing to do with how I'm feeling now. 'sides, a good argument never killed anyone.

*Waits patiently for Coolsome to find a gif proving me wrong*
    Seriously, don't let me down, Coolsome.
  • edited August 2013

You could always give making one a try. I'm assuming that, like me, you'd have no idea how to even start doing it. Which means you'd be trying something completely new. Heck it may lead to you picking up programming or 3D modelling as a hobby or something.

I always wanted to try out the custom mods for smash bros, but every time I try and mod something it always goes pear shaped, so I haven't bothered.

As for arguments to death, see the American judicial system and the death penalty. :p
  • edited August 2013
    Fuck. I have to go to work now and I really, really don't want to today. I just wanna curl up in bed and watch mindless action movies. Christ, I'm just all over the place today. Ugh.

Oh, and I want my screen protectors to go on my bloody tablet without air pockets, you MOTHERFUCKERS. I've wasted TWO of the little shits, and I've only got one left. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU.
  • edited August 2013
    Fuck. I have to go to work now and I really, really don't want to today. I just wanna curl up in bed and watch mindless action movies. Christ, I'm just all over the place today. Ugh.

Oh, and I want my screen protectors to go on my bloody tablet without air pockets, you MOTHERFUCKERS. I've wasted TWO of the little shits, and I've only got one left. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU.

All I can think of is the scene where Kevin Kline shouts Fuck you!!! in his car.
This discussion has been closed.