What Comes After(A Walking Dead Fan-Fic)

Comments

• Yes, Havent you heard? Downvotes are far more better than upvotes. No one likes to be upvoted, it doesnt calculate on your profile like downvotes do.

Zyphon posted: »

WeWantDownvotes?

• Eh, I don't think this forums people are very active.

I was talking about my site, this one has loads of active people.

• Okay, accepted in that case.

No he was visiting cousins in Asia and just got off the plane and is at the airport I guess.

• Yeah, I like them staying in the motor inn. Maybe for the finale of the episode we can have a vote on whether we get overrun or not?

We could do that, push What Comes After to being Episode 2 and have Episode 1 being them deal with the bandits. But first, let's see how many people like that idea.

• Maybe as part of the prologue.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

I like the idea of them finding the motor inn, but I'd like to see them in it before pushed out.

• They are the things that go bump in the night...

Exactly, the downvoters just want attention, they enjoy it when people call them out.

• You took those words out my mouth I was about to be extremely sarcastic and say that exact thing, Have a like !

Yes, Havent you heard? Downvotes are far more better than upvotes. No one likes to be upvoted, it doesnt calculate on your profile like downvotes do.

• I like it!

Also, this does tie in with the name of the Fan-Fic, or maybe it'll just be the name of the first episode. What Comes After (I realize the com

• who ever liked this, just gave me my 100 like. Congratulations!

Yes, Havent you heard? Downvotes are far more better than upvotes. No one likes to be upvoted, it doesnt calculate on your profile like downvotes do.

• Im by 3237 likes, Next goal: 5000

who ever liked this, just gave me my 100 like. Congratulations!

• Wow. My current goal is 300. (I'm on 280 something). RIP.

SaltLick305 posted: »

Im by 3237 likes, Next goal: 5000

• I love the idea of the motor inn. Just make it so Macon actually has some replies for the group to scavenge, it would make an interesting place.

Also, this does tie in with the name of the Fan-Fic, or maybe it'll just be the name of the first episode. What Comes After (I realize the com

• Seems like most people like the idea of it starting with them on the road, so we'll go with that, but I also like maybe the idea of each episode starting with a short prologue. Maybe Episode 2's prologue could be them at the Motor Inn, and then another prolouge could be your scientist guy. That okay?

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

I like the idea of them finding the motor inn, but I'd like to see them in it before pushed out.

• Enough people like this starting point that I'm going to go with it. Anyone who wants to can start, which for the record, it would start at least a day after the attack, with them already being on the road. If no one starts immediately, then I will.

Right, I think we've got enoguh people. You can still join once we start, I'd just like to point that out. Now, my idea of how to start, fe

• Larry Laps: 17 year old senior in Macon. He is small, and has little muscle, but still tries to be a big part to help the group. He is good with a gun, and is very intelligent. He acts quickly in a tough situation, and loved interacting with other people. He loves being in relationships, and enjoy's almost everything. He's a glass half full kind of guy.

• I'm on 1744. Aiming for 2000. I hope it never gets to a point where my comments out number my likes, but likes are ahead by 600-700 something, so I think I'm safe.

SaltLick305 posted: »

Im by 3237 likes, Next goal: 5000

• Question. Does the group start together completely, or do some of them meet up with the main group?

Another question. How exactly does this work? We only control one character so... can we control the whole group? Obviously my character is 14 and wouldn't be a leader of the group so i'm not sure how I would do things without permission from other characters.

Enough people like this starting point that I'm going to go with it. Anyone who wants to can start, which for the record, it would start at least a day after the attack, with them already being on the road. If no one starts immediately, then I will.

• I guess you should start it!

Enough people like this starting point that I'm going to go with it. Anyone who wants to can start, which for the record, it would start at least a day after the attack, with them already being on the road. If no one starts immediately, then I will.

• Accepted.

Larry Laps: 17 year old senior in Macon. He is small, and has little muscle, but still tries to be a big part to help the group. He is good wi

• I think our characters can develop a vote. Or go in an Authoritarian way by one person taking charge and commanding everyone?

Question. Does the group start together completely, or do some of them meet up with the main group? Another question. How exactly does this

• I'm assuming they don't start out together because that would just be silly. I think you control other peoples characters but can't kill them unless its put to a vote. And yay 2 Lilly's on the thread. #LillyForever

Question. Does the group start together completely, or do some of them meet up with the main group? Another question. How exactly does this

• edited February 2014

Daniel

The road stretched on and on. They'd started walking maybe two hours ago, and still, almost nothing. Nothing but walkers and dead bodies that is. The Walkers were easy to handle, there were still a lot of people in their group, and they had more than enough capable fighters. Daniel had taken out two with his machete so far, they were to avoid using firearms as much as possible, and so far, they'd been successful.

Forest lined the road on either side, being thick enough that any Walkers coming form there were heard by the group long before they were close enough to bite. There's no way a Walker could sneak up on them.

For all of the day so far and the day before, no one had said much. A lot of crying, especially form Ana. She lost her kid in the attack. Earlier, Daniel had thought of saying something to her, but he hadn't really lost anyone yet, that he knew anyway, and he couldn't think of anything to say. Her friend Molly was keeping her company anyway.

Thankfully some people had grabbed food and ammo before getting the hell out of there, they'd have enoguh for a few days, but they'd need to find someplace soon...

(So if people are confused, you'd just continue after the last person from the viewpoint of your own character. If you've got more than one, then it'd be appreciated if you put the character's name above your post.)

• You'll get there :)

Wow. My current goal is 300. (I'm on 280 something). RIP.

• I have 1366 comments and 3240 Likes, Good enough IMO

I'm on 1744. Aiming for 2000. I hope it never gets to a point where my comments out number my likes, but likes are ahead by 600-700 something, so I think I'm safe.

• edited February 2014

Aaron

For a young boy such as Aaron the walk was even harder. Especially one who could hardly fight. His climbing axe, the one his father gave him was sharp. He pierced a walker head to save Ana when she was crying and not paying attention, but that was his only kill so far.

The group was getting hungry and Aaron was agile. Maybe he and Molly could scavenge, they're both good climbers. "Maybe Molly and I should go scavenging when we get to a town? I'm pretty sure Macon is close. We'll get it done quickly." Aaron said, Ana replied saying "I don't think a sniff ki-" but she was interrupted by Molly giving her a dirty look for treating a kid differently, just because she lost hers. "Sounds like a plan."

The group needed somewhere to sleep. it was getting dark. Macon was pretty close, but... it would be night fall before they got there. The group decided to...

• edited February 2014

You only control your character. Decisions are made by the characters in the story. So if there were a decision on whether to steal food or not, then the characters decide. The only thing that won't go like that(for the most part), is killing other player characters. So if Daniel were to attack and try and kill say... Larry Laps for some reason, then the story would pause, and outside of it, we'd have a vote on if Larry should die.

• Okay, and yeah, for everyone, if you're going to do a big post, then just write something like this first.

Aaron For a young boy such as Aaron the walk was even harder. Especially one who could hardly fight. His climbing axe, the one his father g

• Are we all in the same group? Were we all in the same group? And can we use other peoples characters?(not that I will)

Okay, and yeah, for everyone, if you're going to do a big post, then just write something like this first.

• You can absolutely never control another person's character, except for maybe in very special circumstances, and people can decide if they want to be in this group or not, but I assume the majority of people would be.

Are we all in the same group? Were we all in the same group? And can we use other peoples characters?(not that I will)

• I take it we can split our character off from the main group if we want to then?

You can absolutely never control another person's character, except for maybe in very special circumstances, and people can decide if they want to be in this group or not, but I assume the majority of people would be.

• edited February 2014

Ok, I am going to write. Edit: Lingvort, you can go. Ill just follow up after you.

You can absolutely never control another person's character, except for maybe in very special circumstances, and people can decide if they want to be in this group or not, but I assume the majority of people would be.

• I'll write next, if you don't mind, happens at the same time as with others.

• Two people are writing at once, I hope you guys see this so you don't waste time. If you do both post, you can probably edit so they fit in together.

• edited February 2014

Michael (My Prologue)

The plane shudders. "Sorry we are having technical difficulties" the co-pilot says on the speaker. I pull up the window and look outside. It is night time and lights can be seen below and ... fire? "The airport is not responding to our messages and c--- aghhh!" the voice on the speaker screams and the altitude of the plane slowly drops. Everyone is screaming and the lights are flickering on and off. I buckle my seat belt real tight, put on the mask provided and brace myself for impact. 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... The whole plane shudders and screeches as it crashes into buildings, its wings slicing through the buildings on the sides making it slow down. The head of the plane was facing down and everyone was falling like the Titanic. Some people flew forward their buckle not tight enough while some were holding on to their seat knowing it was life or death. And then... the plane fell onto the ground. I woke up hours later inside the plane still strapped in body facing downward in my chair. I unbuckled and climbed out the back cutting my fingers on sharp glass. Fire everywhere. Screams from every direction.

"Wake up!" someone said. Michael awoke sweating and burning up. "What happened?" his friend said. "Just a bad dream" I replied.

Lingvort posted: »

I'll write next, if you don't mind, happens at the same time as with others.

• I let lingvort go. I edited my comment.

Two people are writing at once, I hope you guys see this so you don't waste time. If you do both post, you can probably edit so they fit in together.

• edited February 2014

Daniel

The group stopped to discuss it. Daniel gave Molly and Aaron a skeptical look. "You sure about that? You won't reach the center of the city today, and I'm not sure there's much on the outer edge. Besides, we've got to keep going, find someplace to sleep. If you go looking for supplies, we wouldn't meet back up for maybe a day. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea."

Elizabeth spoke up as well, "He's right, if you leave now, we'd have to find somewhere, and then wait there for you to get back. It'd be at least a day before we see you again. Maybe we should keep going, find someplace to sleep for the night, and then go out and look for supplies."

• edited February 2014

I'd like to get a quick count of who's in the group. So far, there's Daniel and Elizabeth(my characters), Anna, Molly (the crossover characters), Aaron (Martin the Brit's character), Trevor (The Walking Sheep's character), and Larry Laps (Randomz89101's character).

• Yes.

I take it we can split our character off from the main group if we want to then?

• With this model, there's not much need to worry about this. Hopefully, things won't cross over much, so right now, don't worry about it.

Two people are writing at once, I hope you guys see this so you don't waste time. If you do both post, you can probably edit so they fit in together.

• Guys, don't worry about writing at the same time, if something creates a conflict we'll deal with it, but it most likely won't, so just don't worry about it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.